Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 28, 2018 7:38 PM
Aug 2018
Seems to me that this is case after reading and hearing what others have said about this show. Has this affected your experience in any way? And if so, would you care to explain how or why?
ConvectuosoJan 4, 2019 5:35 AM
Dec 28, 2018 9:03 PM

Apr 2018
Maityoman said:
People say that Futaba gives all the explanations like it's criticism but they forget that in Monogatari Oshino did the exact same thing in the first season, then Yozuru and the other exorcists in later seasons. I find that pretty funny and hypocritical

To be fair, Oshino explanations are way better than Futaba's ones, and I'm saying it as a fan of both series.
Anyway even if I honestly do think those explanations are pretty bad, saying the whole show is bad beacause of such a stupid detail sounds pretty dumb to me.
No show is flawless and this is definitely a detail you can close an eye on, it has never been the main focus of the story by any means.
And even if you personally can't stand this detail, well, you're free to drop the show, but that doesn't make the show objectively bad.

When someone adresses something like this as the main flaw that's keeping the show down it just means he's running out of arguments to shit on the popular show of the season...
Dec 28, 2018 9:13 PM

May 2015
Maybe. Personally I didn't really care about it and just saw it as a summary of the events that happened in that arc. But I do wonder why it decided to go with the scientific route rather than the psychological route. Rather than describe the issues of the characters via Quantum Physics, I would have found it more interesting if the explanations cenetered on developmental psychology. Instead of Futaba being a young scientist, I think her being a peer counselor would have been more suitable.
Dec 28, 2018 11:48 PM
Jan 2015
well , I think the explanation was absurd ,but whatever
I just interpret it as some rules of this anime
Dec 29, 2018 1:33 AM

Mar 2016
I always looked at the explanation that was used more as an analogy instead of a reason behind what’s going on because the reason is pretty much stemming from the character’s behavior and their personality which causes the syndrome. However, it didn’t bother me. It was just there to serve as ways to paint a picture on how the syndrome is happening or the process of it, so I went with it.
Dec 29, 2018 2:13 AM

Nov 2018
I'm currently watching this anime and I'm on 9 and a small problem for me is the sudden 'appearance' of this pseudoscience adolescent problem even if Futaba is our "scientist" here explaining Sakuta and us about things and quantum. I find it hard to take in the nature of the world because of that sudden stuff, so at least for me the pseudoscience itself isn't the problem. Introduction was really weak imo.

And hey, it's Shonan. Where are our yankiis??? Also, reminds me of my fav VN while watching the end of Koga's "arc" or problem.
Dec 29, 2018 10:50 PM

Jun 2014
No why would you ever think a scientific explanation would work with such fantastical element? It can annoy you but using them as the reason of hating the show just show that you don't have a flexible enough mind to not take those explanation as face value.

That doesn't mean the show doesn't have it flaws but the pseudo science isn't one of them.
Dec 29, 2018 11:05 PM
Apr 2017
those who hate will always hate and they don't need any reason, they just need an excuse
Apr 25, 2020 9:14 PM
Mar 2016
I don't get why people are upset with it. To me it was simply an intellectual teenage girl attempting to use logic and math to explain a psychological phenomenon. The two are heavily related, and her scientific assumptions end up feeding into the deeper emotional underpinnings of each trauma. Futaba herself even admits that it's foolish to attempt to explain Puberty Syndrome with hard science near the end.

And as for people saying that these phenomenon break the show's world, it's pretty clear that most people are either completely unaware of it or unaffected by it save the affected person. The only one other people could really perceive was Kaede's because hers progressed to the point of a full blown episode/disorder.
Feb 20, 2021 10:07 PM

Mar 2017
So the idea is that these supposed ‘quantum mechanical effects’ are essentially plot devices that allow for the characters’ internal issues to have some tangible effect on the external world thereby presenting the viewer with allusions to what they’re going through internally. The interpretations Futaba offers are very hand-wavy and liberal to say the least, but frankly I don’t see an issue with it as long as the resulting character struggles are compelling, and it’s also worth noting that these interpretations are presented as merely Futaba’s conjecture for what’s happening rather than as some indisputable scientific fact. I’ll also fully admit that I prefer this to Monogatari’s folklore system as I find these explanations to be more ‘tethered to some semblance of a conceivable reality’.
The right to violate the rights of the people belong only to the people themselves!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Today, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.