Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 24, 2018 6:54 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
Like, chronologically I mean.
Dec 24, 2018 7:12 PM

Oct 2018
From the title alone, it's not the first anime with LGBTQ in it, there's way older stuff. Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't say anyone was LGBTQ in it, just implied?

What's got me confused it the "like chronologically" part, what does that even mean lol

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 24, 2018 7:17 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
BackstageMage said:
From the title alone, it's not the first anime with LGBTQ in it, there's way older stuff. Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't say anyone was LGBTQ in it, just implied?

What's got me confused it the "like chronologically" part, what does that even mean lol

Like if you take every anime with LGBTQs in it and put them on a timeline from the earliest they take place to the latest, would Rakugo be the first on the list?
Dec 24, 2018 7:25 PM

Oct 2018
DarkSageRK said:
BackstageMage said:

Like if you take every anime with LGBTQs in it and put them on a timeline from the earliest they take place to the latest, would Rakugo be the first on the list?

Probably not, there are older LGBTQ anime who also take place farther in time than this one.

Like No.6 came before this, and there were LGBTQ anime before that release date wise. MoDaoZuShi takes place a lot further back in time than Showa as well, so if you decided to make a timeline of LGBTQ anime by time period they took place in, MoDao would probably be first.

Dec 24, 2018 8:05 PM

Sep 2018
Trust me, there’s lots of anime with lgbtq themes that were around before this. I mean if I remember right there were lesbians in sailor moon, and even far before then there were series with lgbt characters and themes. The user above explains it better than I do.
Dec 24, 2018 8:17 PM
Superior

Apr 2008
BackstageMage said:
Probably not, there are older LGBTQ anime who also take place farther in time than this one.

Like No.6 came before this, and there were LGBTQ anime before that release date wise. MoDaoZuShi takes place a lot further back in time than Showa as well, so if you decided to make a timeline of LGBTQ anime by time period they took place in, MoDao would probably be first.

No. 6 takes place in 2013, and Mo Dao Zu Shi isn't even anime - it's literally nothing more than a Chinese webtoon.

juiccbox said:
Trust me, there’s lots of anime with lgbtq themes that were around before this. I mean if I remember right there were lesbians in sailor moon, and even far before then there were series with lgbt characters and themes. The user above explains it better than I do.

No, they were cousins. At least try to watch the show.

Sorry everyone, I meant to label this topic serious replies only. Please keep that in mind while you continue to comment. Thank you.
Dec 24, 2018 8:39 PM

Sep 2018
DarkSageRK said:
BackstageMage said:

No. 6 takes place in 2013, and Mo Dao Zu Shi isn't even anime - it's literally nothing more than a Chinese webtoon.

juiccbox said:

Sorry everyone, I meant to label this topic serious replies only. Please keep that in mind while you continue to comment. Thank you.

No, I’m serious. The dub changed it so they were cousins because at the time it was controversial and they wanted to stay out of it. In the Japanese version they’re not related at all, and are in fact lovers. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Dec 24, 2018 8:59 PM

Oct 2018
DarkSageRK said:
BackstageMage said:

juiccbox said:

I said No.6 was released before this, not the time period.

Okay, Shouwa Genroku takes place in the 1930's to the late 80's with the hints we're given, there isn't an exact time frame if I remember correctly. Either way it's in the 19th century, even then, Kaze to Ki no Uta Sanctus: Sei Naru Kana beats it. That takes place in the late 18th century, making this predate most LGBTQ anime. Pretty sure there's also this gay samurai anime which predates this, but Kaze to Ki is the oldest one I know of.

Nov 28, 2019 5:56 PM
Sep 2018
juiccbox said:

Actually in the English dub they changed it so they are cousins but in the original japanese dub, they were implied to be romantically involved with each other. It is just US censorship.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2016

262 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Feb 14, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

110 by itsagibbousmoon »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:15 PM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

196 by Abdullla_aah »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

203 by Shikkakku »»
May 2, 2023 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

134 by Shikkakku »»
May 1, 2023 7:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.