Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 19, 2018 9:01 PM
Oct 2018
I want to ask you all, which of the above two characters you liked more throughout the series and why? Mine was of course 8man. It's not that I like Yukino, but I think that she is a pretty weak person. What about you guys?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2018 7:04 AM
Oct 2018
Richard_King said:
I'm only on season 1, episode 6 but I don't like either of them, especially Yukino.

First of all, I like the fact that the main character is a laid back kinda guy with a pessimistic view of life but I hate that he's such a wimp.

As for Yukino, I am baffled at how she's a fan favourite wtf, she's stuck up and is constantly mean to the main character sometimes even for no reason when it's not called for.

The annoying thing is I know she ends up with him (knew before I started this) and it's really annoying as I prefer the pink haired girl (so far).

For Yukino, she seems like the type of character who shuts out everyone else or maybe she had a bad past or something and needs someone to break her out of her shell, if that is the case, then it's fucking annoying as I hate characters like that. It shouldn't be the main characters job to break you out of your shell goddammit. Just stop acting like such a bitch!

That being said I've only watched the first 6 episodes of season 1 and those are my impressions. I don't know if Yukino ever improves but I really don't like her so far.

she will never improve......on the other hand, she will get worse........ but hachiman is a legendary character.......you are proceeding in the same way as me...... keep watching oregairu.....it is a great show and this show this great because of only one reason - HIKIGAYA HACHIMAN........the protagonist makes the show......the other characters are stupid as hell.....and the story would have been a harem of it were not 8man........
Nov 25, 2018 7:10 AM

Aug 2018
Hachiman
Yukino was okay in season 1,but idk what happend in season 2 her character totally changed so she become very weak person and totally opposite of what she was like in s1

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Nov 25, 2018 9:08 AM

Aug 2018
Richard_King said:
Animere1 said:
Hachiman
Yukino was okay in season 1,but idk what happend in season 2 her character totally changed so she become very weak person and totally opposite of what she was like in s1

By weak, you mean she stops acting like a bitch?

You already seen that scene in anime,when Hachiman was thinking that she is perfect without any weakness,in season 1 she had that image like she is perfect,but after her sister appeared in story everyhing changed

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Dec 4, 2018 7:12 PM

Dec 2013
Richard_King said:
I'm only on season 1, episode 6 but I don't like either of them, especially Yukino.

First of all, I like the fact that the main character is a laid back kinda guy with a pessimistic view of life but I hate that he's such a wimp.

As for Yukino, I am baffled at how she's a fan favourite wtf, she's stuck up and is constantly mean to the main character sometimes even for no reason when it's not called for.

The annoying thing is I know she ends up with him (knew before I started this) and it's really annoying as I prefer the pink haired girl (so far).

For Yukino, she seems like the type of character who shuts out everyone else or maybe she had a bad past or something and needs someone to break her out of her shell, if that is the case, then it's fucking annoying as I hate characters like that. It shouldn't be the main characters job to break you out of your shell goddammit. Just stop acting like such a bitch!

That being said I've only watched the first 6 episodes of season 1 and those are my impressions. I don't know if Yukino ever improves but I really don't like her so far.

thanks for the unnecessary spoiler AHOOOO
Dec 5, 2018 11:02 AM
Oct 2018
Richard_King said:
pissolati said:

thanks for the unnecessary spoiler AHOOOO

If you mean the part where I said he gets with Yukino, well turns out I was wrong, apparently that hasn't happened in the light novel (yet), so you're fine. Though it is pretty obvious regardless.

Taking 8man's personality in consideration, you cant say for sure. For all we know he may end up with no one.
Dec 5, 2018 8:44 PM
Oct 2018
25NOVember said:
Richard_King said:

If you mean the part where I said he gets with Yukino, well turns out I was wrong, apparently that hasn't happened in the light novel (yet), so you're fine. Though it is pretty obvious regardless.

Taking 8man's personality in consideration, you cant say for sure. For all we know he may end up with no one.

I also think that he should not end up with anyone.....or else there would be no difference between him and protagonists of harem.
Dec 5, 2018 8:55 PM
Oct 2018
npandey said:
25NOVember said:

I also think that he should not end up with anyone.....or else there would be no difference between him and protagonists of harem.

Well there will always be a difference between him and other.
Anyway, he is a lone wolf and should stay the same untill the end.
Lets wait for vol 14 to see how it ends
Dec 30, 2018 7:00 AM
Nov 2015
Never understood th
Richard_King said:

it's too bad you don't like well written characters😋
Dec 30, 2018 11:39 AM
Nov 2015
Richard_King said:
Black_Sheep97 said:
Never understood th
it's too bad you don't like well written characters😋

Yukino isn't well written, Hachiman maybe.
how is she not well written , if you're reasoning is because is you hate her, fine you have every right to hate her sure, but I find to that to be an invalid reason for saying she is poorly written.
Dec 30, 2018 12:01 PM
Nov 2015
Richard_King said:
Black_Sheep97 said:
how is she not well written , if you're reasoning is because is you hate her, fine you have every right to hate her sure, but I find to that to be an invalid reason for saying she is poorly written.

Fair enough, and oh btw, I don't really hate her anymore after season 2, she was much more likeable, in fact I switched my opinions of them and prefer her over Yui now.
Haha God damn what the fuck happened, it's ironic dude I actually prefer yui to yukino after season 2 ,but Totsuka is still best girl.
Dec 30, 2018 10:47 PM
Oct 2018
don't compare yui to yukino.....I Am interested in hachiman vs yukino
Feb 4, 2019 11:57 AM
Jul 2018
I definitely prefer Hachiman over Yukino, but that's because he's the MC and MCs tend to be the ones I root for no matter what.

Or that's what I thought. Upon further inspection, though, there's one more reason: I am a dog person. Hachiman saves a dog, is adored by that very same dog and, most importantly, behaves like a dog himself - he is blunt, happy to please (he might put on a grumpy facade, but come on, don't tell me he would have helped anyone unless he wanted to do so himself!), seeking affection (at least he used to until they turned him down one time too many) and not holding grudges - plus there's the scene when he tries to intimidate Yukino by GROWLING. And in response, Yukino makes an angry cat-like sound.

Now, I'm allergic to cats, and I have never gotten close enough to them to tell whether I like them or not. But I'd definitely choose a dog, any dog, over a cat. And Yukino is a cat. She cuddles with Hachiman's kitty and freaking meows in the process; she wears an apron with a picture of a cat and a headband imitating cat ears; she even panics when Yui's dog rushes past her to greet Hachiman. And she has a cat's personality, too; she is aloof, doesn't respect "social hierarchy" (although technically an outcast, she isn't intimidated by a pack of popular kids in the least, while Hachiman ends up "subdued" every single time he tries to stand up to them, and hates himself for it) and has this weird untouchable-dignified aura cats usually wear about.

Yup, definitely a dog person. ^^
Feb 5, 2019 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Richard_King said:

Does hacchiman really ends up with her? NOOOOOOOOO
Feb 10, 2019 2:29 PM
Dec 2018
Well... Its either you guys are dumb as fuck or have no interest in plot or all you care about is boobs...
Calling her character gets worse?.
She created the club just for *hachiman* ..so that she could provide him with what she might have ruined..
Feb 12, 2019 2:26 AM
Oct 2018
Alzizel said:
Well... Its either you guys are dumb as fuck or have no interest in plot or all you care about is boobs...
Calling her character gets worse?.
She created the club just for *hachiman* ..so that she could provide him with what she might have ruined..

I think you are partially mistaken............Her character does get bad, if not worse....The thing is that her attitude was cold towards Hachiman....though its a trend in anime that the lead girls are rude towards boys(one fucking stupid thing which annoys me very much), but yukino's case was different. Earlier even if she was rude towards 8man, she seemed like she was an independent person......she did not need hachiman to help her....she treated herself as equal to hachiman....but then suddenly she shows her weak side like a fucking harem anime leading bitch and seeks help from hachiman....I mean, if you dont have the guts, then you should not act all mighty......In the end she was no different than Aisaka Taiga............Though i will still say that she was a very good character.....in the beginning....and also, your comment made me hate her even more...........She created the club to repent for her sins??????????? If that was the case, why did she not apologize????? Because she was shy?????? Because she was scared???????????? Because she did not want hachiman to hate her??????????? Did she think that THE 8MAN will hate her for such a trivial reason???????? No, it was because she followed a bitchy attitude...........If it was the other way round, you would have seen the difference.............People like her who first commit a mistake and hurt someone and then follow that kind of stiff attitude towards the person whom they destroyed, are the scums of society....she could have been good..she could have been excellent...But..........
npandeyFeb 12, 2019 2:40 AM
Feb 28, 2019 12:21 PM
Dec 2018
*sigh*
You guys have only watched the anime and thats why you are jumping to conclusions..

Once you read the LN it is gonna becomce clear why yukino acts the way she does..

I feel like i am wasting my time but still.. Uggh..

>yukino was bullied since she was in elemntary school(because of her looks, grades etc)
>her only childhood friend (hayama hayato) joined in the mood and she was left alone..
>all her friends betray her in the end(s1 ep9 her sister mentioned it)

And yukino was NEVER A STRONG GIRL..

S2 ep 13( hachiman: i burdened her with the ideal image i had of her)..

She acts all high mighty just so that people hate her and don't get close to her( similar to what hachiman tried to do in 1st episode)...because in the end they get jealous and backstab her..

Thats the reason she was acting mean towards hachiman..

And yukino isn't guilty for the that accident...
Because neither she was driving the car nor she was the airhead owner of the dog who let it run away.

Its just the type of person she is(she read zaimokuza's novel without getting any sleep,stood up for yui when miura was shitting on her, she wanted to help tsurumi rumi etc.)
She saw that hachiman lost him oppurtunity to make friends because of that accident...

She thought that maybe she might help him in getting adapted to society..
Get him some friends and a girlfriend maybe.. *SHE THOUGHT THAT SHE UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING*<i am gonna come back at this line>
And she had planned on disappearing from his life..

But thats when things changed...

She started to develop a crush on hachiman while talking to him and exchanging views with him( she mentioned that in oregairu vol 13 <post s2>)

Now,when hachiman fake confessed to ebina she already had feelings for him..

She thought that hachiman hated superficiality just like her..
But he sacrificed himself for a petty reason like that..
Thats why she was angry at him..
(s2 ep2: yukino: i can't explain this feeling.. But i hate the way you do things)

Whereas as yui was crying because YUI WAS GONNA CONFESS TO HACHIMAN ON THE SCHOOL TRIP AT THE SAME SPOT WHERE HE CONFESSED TO EBINA...AND NOW HE KILLED THE MOOD...
(yui : i thought for a second that it was real,
How can you be so smart yet so dumb<meh she was hinting him for past 2 eps>)

DON'T BELIEVE ME? Check the name of 2nd episode..
HIS AND HER CONFESSIONS WILL GO UNHEARD..
HIS =TOBE, HER=YUI..

anyway lets leave her aside..
Now, from the next day onward yukino tried everything in her power to stop hachiman from self sacrifing..
She never wanted to become the SCP for herself..
She wanted to do it because of haruno's remark: someone will always get their hands dirty for you, yukino chan?..

Thats why she wanted to be the one to sacrifice herself this time..

But hachiman and yui opposed her because they thought the club would be gone..

And hachiman used an UNDERHANDED TACTIC AND PRESERVED THE CLUB ROOM ..
YUKINO thought that even if she were to become scp nothing would waver there relationship.. Because it wasn't a superficial one..

She thought hachiman shared the same sentiment(S2 ep 4: yukino: and here i thought that you would understand)

In the end hachiman was able to preserve the club room but not the relationship between them.. And from s2 ep2 -s2 ep 8 HACHIMAN WAS walking down that path which was gonna drawn him of all his warmth... (taken from oregairu s2 op)
Scenes from s2 op:
When yui shows on screen
(lyrics: i don't want an ideal replica)
When yukino shows on screen
(lyrics: all i want is something real)

I'll explain why yui is called a replica:
She fell in love with hachiman just because he save her for... (admitted by yui in vol 12) and so, basically she fell in love with the person who saved her dog ,it could have been anyone..

Why yukino is called real: she fell in love with him slowly.. Knowing him, spending time with him...
Anyway lets leave that aside..

Now that hachiman has started manipulaing people and started lying to yukino..
She thought that her wanting to help him has only worsened his situation..

And when hahciman says that he was gonna leave early from club..
She thought that he no lobgers wants to hold any relationship with her..
And is coming to the club out of mere obligation..

So thats why in s2 ep she asks him to stop forcing himself to show up to the clubanymore..

*yukino: I thought that i understood everything, like i could do everything
>you dont have to foce yourself to showup anymore..
>if that was all it took to tear us apart maybe we werent all that close to begin with..

But the next day hachiman not only comes back to the club but with tears in his eyes presents a wish to her( i want something genuine) this speech was directed at yukino and yukino alone..

Which simply meant that he wanted an even stronger relationship with her.. Not a superficial one.. Simply he asked her to show her true self..

Now, up until now every person that yukino met has betrayed her..

But for the 1st time in her life someone wanted to preserve a bond with her..

She got overtaken by her emotions and ran away from there..

But from the epsiodes then on you can see the change in her..
But now yukino has lost all her confidence..
And is hoping that hachiman might save her someday(from her family)
She has become somewhat dependent on hachiman...

Until the final episode of the series.. (in last 2 epsiodes yukino is being pressurised by her family to change her carrier path to sicences.. And also yui...)
In last epsidoe... Yui asked yukino to sacrifice her feelings for hachiman that wpuld solve her family problems too because hachiman is the reason she is choosing liberal arts( that why she says she isnt a nice girl)

She said she wanted it all.. Hachiman as bf and yukino as bff..

Until hachiman breaks in( he loves yukino)

He tells yukino to solve her problems herself..
This fills her with confidence..
And thats why name of last episode is: spring bound BENEATH THE SNOW begins to sprout.

Yukinoshita in english means : BENEATH THE SNOW..
AlzizelFeb 28, 2019 1:01 PM
Mar 3, 2019 4:54 AM
Oct 2018
Alzizel said:
*sigh*
You guys have only watched the anime and thats why you are jumping to conclusions..

Once you read the LN it is gonna becomce clear why yukino acts the way she does..

>yukino was bullied since she was in elemntary school(because of her looks, grades etc)
>her only childhood friend (hayama hayato) joined in the mood and she was left alone..

She acts all high mighty just so that people hate her and don't get close to her( similar to what hachiman tried to do in 1st episode)...because in the end they get jealous and backstab her..

Because neither she was driving the car nor she was the airhead owner of the dog who let it run away.

Its just the type of person she is(she read zaimokuza's novel without getting any sleep,stood up for yui when miura was shitting on her, she wanted to help tsurumi rumi etc.)
She saw that hachiman lost him oppurtunity to make friends because of that accident...

Get him some friends and a girlfriend maybe.. *SHE THOUGHT THAT SHE UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING*<i am gonna come back at this line>

She started to develop a crush on hachiman while talking to him and exchanging views with him( she mentioned that in oregairu vol 13 <post s2>)

(s2 ep2: yukino: i can't explain this feeling.. But i hate the way you do things)

Whereas as yui was crying because YUI WAS GONNA CONFESS TO HACHIMAN ON THE SCHOOL TRIP AT THE SAME SPOT WHERE HE CONFESSED TO EBINA...AND NOW HE KILLED THE MOOD...

HIS =TOBE, HER=YUI..

Now, from the next day onward yukino tried everything in her power to stop hachiman from self sacrifing..
She wanted to do it because of haruno's remark: someone will always get their hands dirty for you, yukino chan?..

YUKINO thought that even if she were to become scp nothing would waver there relationship.. Because it wasn't a superficial one..

She thought hachiman shared the same sentiment(S2 ep 4: yukino: and here i thought that you would understand)

In the end hachiman was able to preserve the club room but not the relationship between them.. And from s2 ep2 -s2 ep 8 HACHIMAN WAS walking down that path which was gonna drawn him of all his warmth... (taken from oregairu s2 op)
Scenes from s2 op:
When yui shows on screen

She fell in love with hachiman just because he save her for... (admitted by yui in vol 12) and so, basically she fell in love with the person who saved her dog ,it could have been anyone..

Why yukino is called real: she fell in love with him slowly.. Knowing him, spending time with him...

So thats why in s2 ep she asks him to stop forcing himself to show up to the clubanymore..

>if that was all it took to tear us apart maybe we werent all that close to begin with..

But the next day hachiman not only comes back to the club but with tears in his eyes presents a wish to her( i want something genuine) this speech was directed at yukino and yukino alone..

Which simply meant that he wanted an even stronger relationship with her.. Not a superficial one.. Simply he asked her to show her true self..

Until the final episode of the series.. (in last 2 epsiodes yukino is being pressurised by her family to change her carrier path to sicences.. And also yui...)
In last epsidoe... Yui asked yukino to sacrifice her feelings for hachiman that wpuld solve her family problems too because hachiman is the reason she is choosing liberal arts( that why she says she isnt a nice girl)

And thats why name of last episode is: spring bound BENEATH THE SNOW begins to sprout.

Well explained pal.................but you are not the only one who analyzes anime so keenly...............let me tell you.................you yourself admitted that YUKINO "THOUGHT" THAT SHE UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING AT THE BEGINNING.............thats why she was acting all high and mighty.........but in the end she just her herself and proved that she is a weak harem entity...........I am not angry at her for her own sucking character......I hate the Oregairu Girls(most of them) because they ruined the real HIKIGAYA HACHIMAN.............And Yukinoshita Yukino was the base reason behind the downfall of hachiman........earlier I liked her, AS SHE WAS COMPETING WITH HACHIMAN TO CHANGE HIM.................BUT LATER SHE WAS MERELY BEGGING AND CRYING TO MAKE HIM CHANGE.....SHE PROVED THAT SHE WAS NO DIFFERENT THAN YUI AND OTHERS.....MAYBE YOU NOT KNOW PAL, BUT I LOVED YUKINO'S WAY OF THINKING AND HER EXTRAORDINARY PERSONALITY VERY MUCH, BUT IN THE END SHE BETRAYED ME, AND ALL THE OTHER FANS N THIS DISCUSSION, MAYBE EVEN YOU..............
Mar 3, 2019 10:28 AM
Dec 2018
npandey said:
Alzizel said:
*sigh*

HIS =TOBE, HER=YUI..

Scenes from s2 op:
When yui shows on screen

Well explained pal.................but you are not the only one who analyzes anime so keenly...............let me tell you.................you yourself admitted that YUKINO "THOUGHT" THAT SHE UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING AT THE BEGINNING.............thats why she was acting all high and mighty.........but in the end she just her herself and proved that she is a weak harem entity...........I am not angry at her for her own sucking character......I hate the Oregairu Girls(most of them) because they ruined the real HIKIGAYA HACHIMAN.............And Yukinoshita Yukino was the base reason behind the downfall of hachiman........earlier I liked her, AS SHE WAS COMPETING WITH HACHIMAN TO CHANGE HIM.................BUT LATER SHE WAS MERELY BEGGING AND CRYING TO MAKE HIM CHANGE.....SHE PROVED THAT SHE WAS NO DIFFERENT THAN YUI AND OTHERS.....MAYBE YOU NOT KNOW PAL, BUT I LOVED YUKINO'S WAY OF THINKING AND HER EXTRAORDINARY PERSONALITY VERY MUCH, BUT IN THE END SHE BETRAYED ME, AND ALL THE OTHER FANS N THIS DISCUSSION, MAYBE EVEN YOU..............
meh...i am not forcing you to like yukino...

But, i still want to point out some facts...

The stuff that hachiman do isn't COOL.

he is always left with a sense of guilt and his heart gets broken everytime he pulls a stunt like that...
It's just he keeps lying to himself that it doesn't hurt him and the people who care about him..
THATS WHY HE CALLED HIMSELF THE BIGGEST LIAR IN S2 ep 2..

And YUKINO'S METHODS ARE SUPERIOR THAN HACHIAMN'S..

let's take an example :

imagine a person wants to buy an iphone.. And doesn't have enough money for that..

YUKINO'S method: she would find a job for him and he will earn the money himself..

HACHIMAN'S method: he would sell his own kidney to buy him an iphone..

Let's take the best example of this from anime s1ep3:

(totsuka's request)

When hachiman was about to lose the match ...to protect the court for totsuka he was gonna GET DOWN ON HIS KNEES AND WAS GONNA BEG THEM TO LET THEM USE THE COURT...

but, when YUKINO came.. She not only turned the tide of match... But, also when she got exhausted..

She filled HACHIMAN with confidence BY saying that he is the one who was gonna defeat them..

(yukino is the person hachiman respects the most, and her words affects him the most... Please read the LN.)

And hachiman even won...

by doing that yukino showed him that... If they are together.. They can overcome any situation...
They can beat the* perfect *hayama hayato and miura...

Sigh..

And you are right... I (we) have been betrayed...

But not by these characters..

But the studio that created the SEASON 2..

They butchered so many important scenes.. And modified them.. Just so that they can pander to a certain group of people....they turned oregairu into an harem...

OREGAIRU'S LIGHT NOVEL IS 10X BETTER THAN ANIME..

check top manga... And you can see that it is ranked#15.
CLASSIC EXAMPLE of betrayal:

ISSHIKI IROHA..

the iroha you see in anime and the one in ln are completely different entities..

In LN she was just manipulationg hachiman...

But anime changed her into a cutesy girl.. So that she could becomes some degenerate's waifu...

(hey! Harem is the success..

It helps them to sell merchandise and earn more money)

i'll ask a simple question...

If HACHIMAN AND IROHA WERE ABLE TO HANDLE THE CHRISTMAS EVENT BY THEMSELVES..

what was the need for hachiman to ask YUKINO for help?

It was yukino to turned the christmas event into success by staying up whole night..

And they didn't adapted it..why?

Sacrificed her screentime for iroha.. To pander to harem fags..

And btw.. This isn't the only thing that is cut out..

A whole arc... (could have been made into 5 episodes)
in which yukino put a stop to hachiman's bullying by his class.. Was SKIPPED..

Anime is just an advertisement.. A mean to earn more money..

Read the LN it's a fucking masterpiece..
AlzizelMar 3, 2019 10:31 AM
Mar 3, 2019 10:36 AM
Dec 2018
pometlo said:
I definitely prefer Hachiman over Yukino, but that's because he's the MC and MCs tend to be the ones I root for no matter what.

Or that's what I thought. Upon further inspection, though, there's one more reason: I am a dog person. Hachiman saves a dog, is adored by that very same dog and, most importantly, behaves like a dog himself - he is blunt, happy to please (he might put on a grumpy facade, but come on, don't tell me he would have helped anyone unless he wanted to do so himself!), seeking affection (at least he used to until they turned him down one time too many) and not holding grudges - plus there's the scene when he tries to intimidate Yukino by GROWLING. And in response, Yukino makes an angry cat-like sound.

Now, I'm allergic to cats, and I have never gotten close enough to them to tell whether I like them or not. But I'd definitely choose a dog, any dog, over a cat. And Yukino is a cat. She cuddles with Hachiman's kitty and freaking meows in the process; she wears an apron with a picture of a cat and a headband imitating cat ears; she even panics when Yui's dog rushes past her to greet Hachiman. And she has a cat's personality, too; she is aloof, doesn't respect "social hierarchy" (although technically an outcast, she isn't intimidated by a pack of popular kids in the least, while Hachiman ends up "subdued" every single time he tries to stand up to them, and hates himself for it) and has this weird untouchable-dignified aura cats usually wear about.

hchiman is antisocial..
Cats are antisocial..
Dogs are social..

Hachiman doesn't dislike dogs but he loves cats .
Hachiman owns a cat..
Hachiman hates people who dislikes cats*yep,to all the yukino haters*(taken from LN volume 5)

Dog=yui.(look at the pic from s2 ep9.. Yui is wearing dog ears and yukino is wearing cats ears)
Cats = hachiman and yukino..

Too hard to believe?

Hachiman's birthday =8th august..
World cats day= 8th august..
Mar 4, 2019 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
Alzizel said:
pometlo said:

hchiman is antisocial..
Cats are antisocial..
Dogs are social..

Hachiman owns a cat..
Hachiman hates people who dislikes cats*yep,to all the yukino haters*(taken from LN volume 5)

Dog=yui.(look at the pic from s2 ep9.. Yui is wearing dog ears and yukino is wearing cats ears)

Too hard to believe?

Hachiman isn't antisocial because he wants to (unlike Yukino); he became antisocial as a defense mechanism, and used to be trying to approach others prior to giving up. In fact, he turns out to be quite a team player once he is given guidance. Sure, he isn't as puppyish as Yui, but he might still pass for a, say, shiba-inu, I believe.
Mar 4, 2019 2:40 AM
Jul 2018
Alzizel said:
pometlo said:

hchiman is antisocial..
Cats are antisocial..
Dogs are social..

Hachiman owns a cat..

Too hard to believe?

Hachiman isn't antisocial because he wants to (unlike Yukino); he became antisocial as a defense mechanism, and used to be trying to approach others prior to giving up. In fact, he turns out to be quite a team player once he is given guidance. Sure, he isn't as puppyish as Yui, but he might still pass for a, say, shiba-inu, I believe.
Mar 4, 2019 2:46 AM

Aug 2018
Finally an Oregairu Thread **slow clap**

Both like them but 8man personality is superior
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 4, 2019 6:54 AM
Dec 2018
pometlo said:
Alzizel said:
hchiman is antisocial..
Cats are antisocial..
Dogs are social..

Hachiman owns a cat..

Too hard to believe?

eh?

Neither yukino nor hachiman wanted to be loners..

But their circumstances turned them into..

So yep, both are cats..
Mar 4, 2019 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Alzizel said:
pometlo said:

eh?

So yep, both are cats..

Okay, let me rephrase: Yukino turned her loneliness into some sort of a pride, whereas Hachiman knew no dignity and would keep pushing himself onto others, girls especially, until finally giving up; even now, he sometimes wistfully observes groups of popular kids and refers to them as "packs" plus has some sense for "hierarchy" - he repeatedly scolds himself for acknowledging someone's (usually Hayama's) superior position by e. g. bowing to that person - no cat would ever do that; he prefers if he has someone to follow; he doesn't like changes (dogs are suckers for rituals); and I'm sure there's plenty other stuff.
I don't wanna argue though, so I'm not going to reply anymore. It wouldn't lead anywhere.
Mar 5, 2019 6:35 AM
Oct 2018
pometlo said:
Alzizel said:
eh?

So yep, both are cats..

Okay, let me rephrase: Yukino turned her loneliness into some sort of a pride, whereas Hachiman knew no dignity and would keep pushing himself onto others, girls especially, until finally giving up; even now, he sometimes wistfully observes groups of popular kids and refers to them as "packs" plus has some sense for "hierarchy" - he repeatedly scolds himself for acknowledging someone's (usually Hayama's) superior position by e. g. bowing to that person - no cat would ever do that; he prefers if he has someone to follow; he doesn't like changes (dogs are suckers for rituals); and I'm sure there's plenty other stuff.
I don't wanna argue though, so I'm not going to reply anymore. It wouldn't lead anywhere.

I must say the discussion has gotten pretty interesting.....................I viewed Alzizel's profile and found out that you like yukinoshita yukino very much(#1 in your list)..........But don't underestimate 8man......................in the MAL rankings 8man is in top 20.......well, rankings are just numbers. YUKINO WAS ANTISOCIAL AND SHE WAS SEEN AS AN "ICE QUEEN" BY THE ENTIRE SCHOOL(I DON'T KNOW WHY THOUGH. BECAUSE SHE IS ELEGANT? BECAUSE OF HER GENDER? BECAUSE OF HER EYES WHICH ARE NOT LIKE FISH?). On the contrary, 8man was particularly GARBAGE for his classmates.......he was treated like crap throughout the series..........And remember when hachiman sacrificed himself.............all yui did was to cry..all yukino did was to blabber that she did not like his ways.................Lets go into details.......In the s1 last ep, Hiratsuka Shizuka says to hachiman to stop sacrificing himself FOR THE SAKE OF "OTHERS"(THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO BECOME SAD WHEN THEY SEE YOU SACRIFICING YOURSELF)...........Yukinoshita Yukino did not spoke for hachiman when he was misjudged in the Minami Sagami incident....she was declared the heroine of the school festival(though she deserved it, I liked her in 1st season, as mentioned before)..............8man was thrown away.....You are right.............hachiman's methods involve sacrificing himself because HE IS A HIGHLY STRONG PERSON UNLIKE YUKINO WHO IS SCARED.............MY PROBLEM WITH YUKINO IS THAT IF SHE WAS SUCH A SCAREDY CAT.................THEN WHY DID SHE GAVE HOPES TO US EARLIER........SHE PROVED NO DIFFERENT THAN ASUNA YUUKI(THIS BITCH BREATHES KIRITO, EATS KIRITO, TALKS KIRITO, POOPS KIRITO, DRINKS KIRITO, WALKS KIRITO......SO ON).................Hachiman's methods worked(even if temporarily), and if yukino did not want him to use them, she should have stood up for him when he was hurt.........No one stood up...on the other hand, they only burdened 8man more with their own problems.
Jul 6, 2020 11:26 AM
Mar 2020
I don't like Yukino. She acts like a high and mighty bitch and never apologizes for it (at least as far as I remember from the manga).

Jul 6, 2020 12:00 PM

Feb 2019
Definitely Yukino because she is an ideal waifu.
Jul 7, 2020 5:20 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:

this is a serious discussion....
Jul 7, 2020 5:23 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:
cythraul said:

My reply was serious too.
Jul 7, 2020 5:26 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

cythraul said:
npandey said:

isn't it obvious that waifu war would be generally won by yukino unless someone is gay......

this discussion is meant for personality comparison, character comparison, not waifu war, my friend.......
Jul 7, 2020 5:32 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:
cythraul said:

isn't it obvious that waifu war would be generally won by yukino unless someone is gay......

this discussion is meant for personality comparison, character comparison, not waifu war, my friend.......
There can be no waifu war between hachiman and yukino. You asked, "which of the above two characters you liked more throughout the series and why?" I simply replied, "Yukino because she is an ideal waifu."
I think she being ideal waifu does include her personality and character too. It was not meant to be a war or her being superior to other girls.
Jul 7, 2020 5:36 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

There can be no waifu war between hachiman and yukino. You asked, "which of the above two characters you liked more throughout the series and why?" I simply replied, "Yukino because she is an ideal waifu."
I think she being ideal waifu does include her personality and character too. It was not meant to be a war or her being superior to other girls.

huh? but i never mentioned to compare yukono with other girls......what i meant was a personality comparison........clearly if i had to choose a waifu, i would go for yukino......but characterwise....hachiman is leagues ahead(my opinion, yours can be different)
Jul 7, 2020 5:43 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:
cythraul said:

huh? but i never mentioned to compare yukono with other girls......what i meant was a personality comparison........clearly if i had to choose a waifu, i would go for yukino......but characterwise....hachiman is leagues ahead(my opinion, yours can be different)
I think even character wise or personality wise yukino is better than hachiman. You can't find ideal waifus very often meanwhile there are many hachiman like self inserts. Hachiman is just a bit more interesting than them and multiple times more popular.
Jul 7, 2020 9:34 PM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

I think even character wise or personality wise yukino is better than hachiman. You can't find ideal waifus very often meanwhile there are many hachiman like self inserts. Hachiman is just a bit more interesting than them and multiple times more popular.
cythraul said:
npandey said:

cythraul said:
npandey said:

cythraul said:
npandey said:

its fine if you think like that...........but don't you think you are gender biased?
Jul 8, 2020 1:39 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:

its fine if you think like that...........but don't you think you are gender biased?
Not really, it just happens that yukino is an ideal waifu or else I am egalitarian towards a character's gender.
Jul 8, 2020 2:23 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

Not really, it just happens that yukino is an ideal waifu or else I am egalitarian towards a character's gender.

but the "ideal" waifus will be always female.....so that would mean they would always be above every male character
Jul 8, 2020 2:44 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:
cythraul said:

but the "ideal" waifus will be always female.....so that would mean they would always be above every male character
But ideal waifus are just too rare and only two of my waifus are from a show which has a strong male character. Being an ideal waifu just shows how good of a character one actually is because it has to be a lot more than just being female.

I don't think yukino or any of my ideal waifu is above all the other male characters(Not just limited to hachiman or oregairu). There are some male characters like zura or gintoki who can top that for me.
Jul 8, 2020 2:52 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

But ideal waifus are just too rare and only two of my waifus are from a show which has a strong male character. Being an ideal waifu just shows how good of a character one actually is because it has to be a lot more than just being female.

I don't think yukino or any of my ideal waifu is above all the other male characters(Not just limited to hachiman or oregairu). There are some male characters like zura or gintoki who can top that for me.

then let me ask this-

is gintoki your IDEAL WAIFU? i request you to answer just yes or no...
Jul 8, 2020 8:48 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:
cythraul said:

then let me ask this-

I think the correct answer would be no.

But what exactly is your point?
Jul 8, 2020 9:19 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

then let me ask this-

cythraul said:
npandey said:

then let me ask this-

THE WORD IDEAL MEANS PERFECT, RIGHT?

and perfect means at the top...

so all your ideal waifus(which would be female) would always be above all male characters........as they areperfect because of a waifu tag, right? Though this is just a logocal conclusion.......

That means female characters in your list would enjoy a special advantage.....that is what i am saying....

and the fact that you like yukino more maybe driven by this fact instead of a proper personality comparison (which has got nothing to do with gender)
Jul 8, 2020 9:19 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

then let me ask this-

cythraul said:
npandey said:

then let me ask this-

so all your ideal waifus(which would be female) would always be above all male characters........as they areperfect because of a waifu tag, right? Though this is just a logocal conclusion.......

That means female characters in your list would enjoy a special advantage.....that is what i am saying....

and the fact that you like yukino more maybe driven by this fact instead of a proper personality comparison (which has got nothing to do with gender)
Jul 8, 2020 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:

I kinda get that yukino being an ideal waifu does involve her gender but by your logic she should be even greater than all the male characters which is not the case for me since I think there are male characters who are superior(gintoki and katsura being the examples I gave earlier).

To put it simply, I like yukino's character more than hachiman even if ignored the fact that yukino is an ideal waifu. It's just that she is one of my favorite characters of all time because she is an ideal waifu.
Jul 8, 2020 10:12 PM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

I kinda get that yukino being an ideal waifu does involve her gender but by your logic she should be even greater than all the male characters which is not the case for me since I think there are male characters who are superior(gintoki and katsura being the examples I gave earlier).

To put it simply, I like yukino's character more than hachiman even if ignored the fact that yukino is an ideal waifu. It's just that she is one of my favorite characters of all time because she is an ideal waifu.

is she your fav. BECAUSE she is an ideal waifu? OR

she is an ideal waifu BECAUSE she is your fav.?

which one is it?
Jul 9, 2020 1:57 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:
cythraul said:

which one is it?
Like I stated(#43) she is in my favorites because she is an ideal waifu. I stated in my OG reply(#28) that yukino is an ideal waifu and I stated it because she is in my favorites just to answer the question of who do I like more. Stating that she is an ideal waifu just shows that I like her wayy more than hachiman.
Jul 9, 2020 2:15 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

which one is it?
Like I stated(#43) she is in my favorites because she is an ideal waifu. I stated in my OG reply(#28) that yukino is an ideal waifu and I stated it because she is in my favorites just to answer the question of who do I like more. Stating that she is an ideal waifu just shows that I like her wayy more than hachiman.

and the reason is that she is an ideal waifu, right?
Jul 9, 2020 2:22 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:
cythraul said:

Technically yes, I like her more than hachiman because her character and personality makes her be an ideal waifu.

I feel like we are going in a loop here.
Jul 9, 2020 3:22 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

Technically yes, I like her more than hachiman because her character and personality makes her be an ideal waifu.

i was going to say that loop thing next.......

but now you have ended the loop....how is her personality better than 8man.....i mean, all the problems were solved by 8man, were they not?
Jul 9, 2020 4:30 AM

Feb 2019
npandey said:
cythraul said:

but now you have ended the loop....how is her personality better than 8man.....i mean, all the problems were solved by 8man, were they not?
Yes indeed all the problems were solved by hachiman and he is an interesting character but I love yukino's retorts even more and she struggles in her own way to make things work out. She works hard and doesn't even care if she is exploited as long as things work out for her and she is mostly the main reason why 8man acts as the way he does.
Jul 9, 2020 4:33 AM
Oct 2018
cythraul said:
npandey said:

Yes indeed all the problems were solved by hachiman and he is an interesting character but I love yukino's retorts even more and she struggles in her own way to make things work out. She works hard and doesn't even care if she is exploited as long as things work out for her and she is mostly the main reason why 8man acts as the way he does.

i totally disagree with the last part...........yukinoshita yukino is actually a weak willed person who cannot take any attacks.................8man is the complete opposite in that respect.........and yukino is NOT the reason for his behaviour..the reason for this behaviour was his past..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.