Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2020 12:29 PM

Oct 2017
This thread was a super interesting read.

Lain666 said:
GenesisAria said:
New characters didn't need to be overly interesting, that's not the focus of the story.

I disagree with this. The first 15 episodes are basiaclly slice of life: throwing parties, cleaning, etc. How do you expect your readers/viwers to be interested in this stuff if the characters are bland cardboards?

Then we have the second half were the plot picks up, but the actions scenes are over the top to the point of being ridiculous.

If the characters are not interesting and the action scenes are no good, then what is left? That the authors had an ok idea for midquel or whatever you want to call it? Even if they had an ok idea, the execution was not impressive.

I think this adequately sums up most of the issues with SG0. SOL needs interesting characters. Action needs to be believable and fit within the rest of the story. SG) missed the mark on both those things. However, people go overboard with hating on it. Calling it mediocre... that's a serious reach. SG0 is at least good, and I can certainly see why someone would think it's a masterpiece. The story, character development and progression we all great. And I thought the show did a good job with creating atmosphere most of the time.

Also, there's a common trend I've noticed where people who watched SG0 at their own pace, without the weekly wait, tend to like it more. And I've read lots of times people saying they watched SG and SG0 together and thought it was really great overall without putting down SG0 the way some people do.

I think SG0 didn't work so well with the weekly wait. Like most shows, it's far better when enjoyed at the viewers own pace.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jan 30, 2020 8:01 PM
Feb 2019
I'm late to the party, I've read this thread and it's an interesting read indeed.

What I actually find even more interesting is people liking this crap of an anime, how can you guys compare this to Steins;Gate? this one is a shit show at best.

And lol, the thing that happened with Kagari and her Rambo shenanigans... yeah, this one can't be defended, I dare anyone to find an excuse for this one, this single episode made me drop 3 points out of this already boring anime. Wow, if a single episode make me do this then they really screwed up.

The best episode this anime had is episode 8, there's also 3 more episodes that were pretty decent, the rest of the episodes was ranging from bad, boring, so-so, mediocre, okay-ish, etc... so for an anime with 23 episodes I don't find it acceptable that I only enjoyed like 4 or 5 episodes at best.

Masterpiece my ass.

Final score: 4/10
Jan 31, 2020 10:29 AM
Jun 2019
I totally agree with you, a pity that people watch things with their asses and not with their eyes
Mar 4, 2020 5:27 PM

Jun 2015
Most people defending the show are users with a 7.00+ average score rating. They can like all the things they want, but calling this shitfest a masterpiece is taking it too far.
The eye-gouging animation alone prevents the show from being a masterpiece.
The story is a freaking disaster. The VN already has pacing and paradox problems and the anime takes it up to eleven merging all the game routes into a single one. None of it makes sense.

2/10 and I still think I'm being generous, smh.
Mar 4, 2020 5:36 PM
Nov 2019
MohamedxSalah said:
So there is hell alot of people saying that steins;gate 0 is not good as the original /overrated/ etc ...

and today i'm gonna defend this series because i really think it's a masterpiece

1. What is Steins gate ? / The art of suffering

Most of people who say that 0 is not good as the original just because of the different/darker atmosphere
like what was you expecting ? okabe laugh and keep the mad scientist persona after he think that he killed kurisu ? like are you kidding with me ?
Steins Gate was never about kurisu and the mad scientist
it was about a man who was trying to keep his childhood friend happy to PROTECT her smile, the Sci Fi part was like spices not the main part , the mad scientist was a persona " as he told kurisu that he just act this way to keep mayuri happy "
and suddenly he find himself surrounded by the fact that he created a time machine , he breaks down when he lose mayuri from episode 12 to the end the series take a psychological trip to okabe mind a man who tries to safe mayuri but to do that he must sacrifice kurisu his love , Steins gate was a masterpiece in the art of suffering , we see how broken he was when he was trying to safe mayuri and we see a glance of how more broken he is in episode 23 of the original when he killed kurisu but the series give you a happy ending and never expand on this suffering that much at least , that until Steins Gate 0 happen

2. Steins Gate 0 is psychological MASTERPIECE

Steins gate 0 expand on the psychological part of the original
Steins Gate 0 is not the original , it's about a broken man who suffered alot and failed to protect everyone smile so he accepting this and try to live but his pain does not stop , he cannot just stop blaming himself and this what makes him suffer even more , He tries to convince himself that everything is okay now , that this is the right choice that everyone is happy , As seen in episode , he told mayuri " Everything now is fine right ? " he tries so hard to make everyone happy but he failed

Steins gate 0 is about this man okabe rintaro who give up on his mad scientist persona to wear a sad one not even a scientist one

it's psychological trip and journey of this man to overcome his pain and to sent the message that changed everything , To gain back hope and to reach the gate , The promised time that he makes by his own hand

in the first episode of 0 , we see okabe telling suzuha " whatever i do it wont help , i'm powerless / humans can't play with the rules of the god "
we see by okabe eyes how broken he is , how his choice to leave kurisu break him down , how seeing his friend die endless times make him feel

also 0 give a hell of character development to mayuri and daru . we see a side of them that we never saw before

IF you just want the mad scientist and some fanservice kurisu love , Then zero is not for you
Zero is not a fanservice/money machine Series , its a genuine psychological series and a perfect addition to the original answering the question
" What would happen if okabe give up on saving kurisu "
it's fill the gab between episode 23 and episode 24 of the original series
and this is so unique and special by itself

and for that Zero is A Masterpiece 10/10

Note : some people would say the fight scenes and stuff , yes it wasn't good but that doesn't change the score , the original didn't have a fighting scenes in the first place so what are you comparing it to ?
and the blu ray release will fix alot of the animation glitches
Zero is a amazing LN but the adpatation didn’t give it justice, still great story and characters so 9.8/10
SAO is the most underrated overrated anime
Mar 4, 2020 7:13 PM

Aug 2018
Perrito said:
Most people defending the show are users with a 7.00+ average score rating. They can like all the things they want, but calling this shitfest a masterpiece is taking it too far.
The story is a freaking disaster. The VN already has pacing and paradox problems and the anime takes it up to eleven merging all the game routes into a single one. None of it makes sense.

It's been a while since I watched it and maybe the second time around I will have a more critical eye but I remember enjoying it quite a bit. Maybe not a 10/10 masterpiece but surely not deserving of an insulting 2/10. Even the truly awful Mirai Nikki doesn't deserve such a low score.
Mar 8, 2020 5:18 AM

May 2016
Perrito said:

There are absolutely no paradox things in the VN nor in the anime. Perhaps you do not know correctly how time travel works in this franchise.
-
Mar 8, 2020 4:49 PM

Jun 2015
SheevPalpatine said:
Perrito said:

There are absolutely no paradox things in the VN nor in the anime. Perhaps you do not know correctly how time travel works in this franchise.

The first VN/Anime took great care (and I mean A LOT) in not creating paradoxes with attractor fields and many complementary explanations and was pleasantly coherent.

Zero takes a dump in such cares with the song arc and the D-Rine travelling to adifferent timeline past. And, as I mentioned, merging all the routes into one made matters incredibly worse. Perhaps you didn't understand anything that Zero proposed time-travel wise.
Mar 9, 2020 1:03 AM

May 2016
Perrito said:
SheevPalpatine said:

The first VN/Anime took great care (and I mean A LOT) in not creating paradoxes with attractor fields and many complementary explanations and was pleasantly coherent.

Zero takes a dump in such cares with the song arc and the D-Rine travelling to adifferent timeline past. And, as I mentioned, merging all the routes into one made matters incredibly worse. Perhaps you didn't understand anything that Zero proposed time-travel wise.

The song arc is not a paradox. It is not a closed loop, it just appears to be, you can read more about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/

And the D-Rine didn't traveling to a different worldline past. In fact, the 3 D-Rines we saw in the VN are different D-Rines, only their text is the same. But they are different, they were sent from different futures. Steins Gate 0 is about worldline iterations, each different route is just an iteration of the thousands Beta iterations. If you thought that the D-Rine which you sent at the end of PR is the same as you received in Closed Epigraph, then you were wrong. The latter came from a future which we never saw.
This is not a theory, this is a fact, which pretty obvious from the VN if you think about it a bit. There are little sentences is in it, which hint that this is the case (plus latter, the authors confirmed it)
-
Mar 9, 2020 5:57 PM

Jun 2015
SheevPalpatine said:
Perrito said:

The song arc is not a paradox. It is not a closed loop, it just appears to be, you can read more about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/steinsgate/comments/8ucqql/song_for_the_stars_about_the_song_in_sg_0_episode/

And the D-Rine didn't traveling to a different worldline past. In fact, the 3 D-Rines we saw in the VN are different D-Rines, only their text is the same. But they are different, they were sent from different futures. Steins Gate 0 is about worldline iterations, each different route is just an iteration of the thousands Beta iterations. If you thought that the D-Rine which you sent at the end of PR is the same as you received in Closed Epigraph, then you were wrong. The latter came from a future which we never saw.
This is not a theory, this is a fact, which pretty obvious from the VN if you think about it a bit. There are little sentences is in it, which hint that this is the case (plus latter, the authors confirmed it)

I would still need to be a D-Rine from that timeline's future, where the scenario where they decide to change the future never happens UNLESS said D-Rine is sent in the first place. Also, the PR and MWC worldines divergence by Okabe's decision makes no sense whatsoever.

About the song arc, every single step is accompannied by a "most likely", "probably", which makes it the same crap than any other theory (whether it says it's a paradox or not). Even if it isn't a loop, the whole arc doesn't add shit to the overall story, which further shows how useless of a character Kagari is (not even taking into account the opportune amnesia and the stupidity of sending her to the past in the first place).

Mar 10, 2020 12:04 AM

May 2016
Perrito said:

I would still need to be a D-Rine from that timeline's future, where the scenario where they decide to change the future never happens

Ok, and? It is the same as any other D-Mail, then what is the problem? Here we saw the events from the receiver's perspective, not from the sender's.

Perrito said:

Also, the PR and MWC worldines divergence by Okabe's decision makes no sense whatsoever.

Why?

Perrito said:

About the song arc, every single step is accompannied by a "most likely", "probably", which makes it the same crap than any other theory (whether it says it's a paradox or not)

Yes, it is a theory, but the song is not a loop, it is pretty obvious from the game. Since Kagari brought that song from a previous worldline, it cannot be a loop.

Perrito said:

Even if it isn't a loop, the whole arc doesn't add shit to the overall story

It actually adds. It is important for the worldbuilding, since the song's story perfectly shows how the iterative process works with the worldlines (which is the whole concept of 0)
-
Mar 10, 2020 12:43 AM

Jun 2015
SheevPalpatine said:
Perrito said:

I would still need to be a D-Rine from that timeline's future, where the scenario where they decide to change the future never happens

Ok, and? It is the same as any other D-Mail, then what is the problem? Here we saw the events from the receiver's perspective, not from the sender's.

Perrito said:

Also, the PR and MWC worldines divergence by Okabe's decision makes no sense whatsoever.

Why?

Perrito said:

About the song arc, every single step is accompannied by a "most likely", "probably", which makes it the same crap than any other theory (whether it says it's a paradox or not)

Yes, it is a theory, but the song is not a loop, it is pretty obvious from the game. Since Kagari brought that song from a previous worldline, it cannot be a loop.

Perrito said:

Even if it isn't a loop, the whole arc doesn't add shit to the overall story

It actually adds. It is important for the worldbuilding, since the song's story perfectly shows how the iterative process works with the worldlines (which is the whole concept of 0)

The VN is so much better.

Just read the VN and don't bother watching the anime if you don't want to.

I did that. I read the original VN and the anime was just disappointing compared to it.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Dec 12, 2020 6:54 AM
Oct 2019
100% agree cheers bro.
Sep 27, 2022 1:35 PM
Apr 2020
mfs bugging about hating on this masterpiece, its the best thing i ever watched in my life with og
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.