Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 17, 2019 3:37 PM
Oct 2018
Counting every second! But I swear, if they censor out too much..
Jun 18, 2019 2:46 AM
Apr 2017
LokamiLa said:
Xealias said:

The novel is better imo. Do read it when you have time :)

I'm intrigued :)
Do you have a link to a translated version?
And is it true that the novel has been banned in China this year? Bc if it is, I'm worrying that the production of season 2 will suffer from even more censorship :*(

I read the English translation for the novel over on Exiled Rebels Scanlations. It's a really good fan translation.
Jun 18, 2019 6:47 AM

Aug 2008
Hm, well the last chapters were bit with some BL and the extras but in rest i don't see why6 the donguashould suffer, yes won't be the BL elements in rest could be all
to be truthful, i prefer the overall story than the last sexy chapters of it
i feelthe sexruined the beautiful story
but might JUST be me :p
The spider is watching
Jun 18, 2019 6:57 AM
May 2009
Looking forward to seeing more amazing backgrounds, and I hope the fighting has improved in quality, we didn't really see alot of it. But from what I saw I liked.
Jun 18, 2019 2:40 PM

Feb 2017
MAL forgot the "shounen ai" tag.
Jun 18, 2019 9:58 PM
Feb 2012
WinterEnlighten said:

does not need that tag bc it won't have any
Jun 18, 2019 11:36 PM
Dec 2018
Will they adapt the entire novel? I'm Really excited for season 2
Jun 19, 2019 2:56 AM

Feb 2017
ahneeme said:
WinterEnlighten said:

Why ?! The novel has some BL perspectives at the end. Won't this season adapt the rest of the novel ?
Jun 19, 2019 3:45 AM

Feb 2019
Im so excited even tho i haven't even finished Season 1 yet. Better catch up fast
FlamexesJun 19, 2019 3:49 AM
Jun 19, 2019 4:49 AM

Feb 2013
I’m super excited!! I loved s1 so much.
Jun 19, 2019 9:17 AM

Aug 2008
WinterEnlighten said:
ahneeme said:

Why ?! The novel has some BL perspectives at the end. Won't this season adapt the rest of the novel ?

china banned bl stuff, so won't be in the donghua...probably a bromance the most
yes has, but i prefer actually without ;p
The spider is watching
Jun 19, 2019 11:31 AM
Dec 2018
Haiseghijfjomn said:
Will they adapt the entire novel? I'm Really excited for season 2

Yes, there will be 3 season in total, but the romance will not be obvious because of the no gay promotion law (Don't ask, I don't get it either). But the producers said that they will respect the original work, so romance is there, just not obvious
Jun 19, 2019 12:09 PM

Feb 2017
dany_elle1908 said:
WinterEnlighten said:

china banned bl stuff, so won't be in the donghua...probably a bromance the most
yes has, but i prefer actually without ;p

Oh l understand. I kind of prefer without romance as well :) Like, they can make it seem obvious that they love each other, but actually skipping the intimate scenes and making it platonic. That's more touchy I think, for me at least :)
Love and intimacy have a fine line in between ya know.
Jun 23, 2019 3:18 AM

May 2018
Really hype for this.
Jun 23, 2019 10:35 AM
Feb 2019
Does anyone actually know what day it’s coming out?
Jun 24, 2019 7:21 PM

May 2018
Is the new season going to be another flashback?
Jun 24, 2019 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
Xealias said:
The donghua team gave us a baby Wei Ying for children's day <3

Oh my look at that beautiful baby potato. I love him.
Jul 9, 2019 4:57 PM

Dec 2016

Way to kill my poor heart. I'm so weak on Jiang Fengmian and little Wei Ying (and what's this about kid WangXian?!)
I still don't get the Jin Ling and WWX part, but okay. I guess it's more interesting when there's something new to the table
Aug 5, 2019 12:43 PM
Jun 2016
Hi guys!!

Kind of new here in the forum, but following Mo Dao Zu Shi for A LONGGGGG time now.
I am super excited for the new season, but I am afraid of two things, that they won't represent their romance well (I read above about the censorship in China) and more that that, about the show only being 8 episodes!!! 8!?

Why 8? It's not enough to tell the story and backstory! I know there will be another season after but it seems like they are rushing things...
Aug 5, 2019 3:10 PM
Aug 2019
tiagoguerreiro13 said:
Hi guys!!

Kind of new here in the forum, but following Mo Dao Zu Shi for A LONGGGGG time now.
I am super excited for the new season, but I am afraid of two things, that they won't represent their romance well (I read above about the censorship in China) and more that that, about the show only being 8 episodes!!! 8!?

Why 8? It's not enough to tell the story and backstory! I know there will be another season after but it seems like they are rushing things...

Your fear is valid and yeah the censorship will restrict the donghua a lot and not just the romance aspect. All the adaptations try their best to show Wangxian relationship despite the censorship so all we can do is try to appreciate it. It won’t go into full homo and the romantic interaction between LWJ and wwx will be very limited, but we will still get to see them being the power couple that they are— together and individually. Just don’t put too much expectation in the romance aspect but let’s appreciate the visuals and plot.

As for why it’s only 8 episode this season. I heard that the reason is because for a show to be broadcasted during summer, they will need to submit all the episode/work they have by April for review, so I guess they only managed to finish 8 episodes before they were required to submit what they had. But season 3 is already confirmed so we can look forward to that :))
Aug 5, 2019 3:43 PM
Jun 2016
LwjDragHimmmm said:
tiagoguerreiro13 said:
Hi guys!!

Your fear is valid and yeah the censorship will restrict the donghua a lot and not just the romance aspect. All the adaptations try their best to show Wangxian relationship despite the censorship so all we can do is try to appreciate it. It won’t go into full homo and the romantic interaction between LWJ and wwx will be very limited, but we will still get to see them being the power couple that they are— together and individually. Just don’t put too much expectation in the romance aspect but let’s appreciate the visuals and plot.

As for why it’s only 8 episode this season. I heard that the reason is because for a show to be broadcasted during summer, they will need to submit all the episode/work they have by April for review, so I guess they only managed to finish 8 episodes before they were required to submit what they had. But season 3 is already confirmed so we can look forward to that :))

Thank you for your reply. It is very sad indeed that we won't be able to have the full version we deserve.

Regarding the number of episodes, couldn't they submit more later?
If they managed to do it before, maybe they could've done this time too?
I'm confused and sad we will have a rushed story and that it will leave us unsatisfied...
Aug 5, 2019 4:16 PM
Aug 2019
tiagoguerreiro13 said:
LwjDragHimmmm said:

Thank you for your reply. It is very sad indeed that we won't be able to have the full version we deserve.

Regarding the number of episodes, couldn't they submit more later?
If they managed to do it before, maybe they could've done this time too?
I'm confused and sad we will have a rushed story and that it will leave us unsatisfied...

I don’t really know China’s broadcasting policies so I can’t really answer. Anyone who knows, please feel free to add.

I don’t think they’ll be rushing through the story because episode 2 & 3 was basically donghua filler in that most of the thing that happened wasn’t in the novel. It’s not bad filler. They actually added more details into the plot. For example, I heard that the giant snake that they fought in the present time was the snake that Jin Zixuan was bragging about to Jiang Yanli. And also in the donghua, the head that they found was Jin Zixun, and his body was not there. It may be hinted that in the past 13 years since WWX’s death, other than appearing wherever chaos is, LWJ may also be investigating the events that led to wwx demise. Like if they find that Jin Zixun body still has the thousand holes, then that means that the person who casted the spell is still alive and that wwx was accused of placing the curse!!!
The donghua is diverging a little from the novel. it’s like going different direction but reaching the same destination. Which I personally think is pretty awesome.
I don’t think we’ll need to worry about them rushing tbh. MDZS is really popular and probably bring in a lot of $$$ so I don’t think they’ll be in a hurry to finish it any time soon. There’s still A LOT to show.
Aug 5, 2019 4:31 PM
Apr 2018
Psssssshhhh usually I'm down to discuss and critique shows but I frfr don't wanna hear any complaints from yall haha. The animation and soundtrack are insane. Come on. I personally have never seen a BL adapted better than this. It's not 100% loyal to the source but it's sooo good.

Well I'm being a hypocrite I guess by telling yall not to comment haha. Truthfully, in S1 when I saw how easily they killed xuanwu of slaughter, and how wen Chao basically got to die peacefully in his sleep, I had some grumbles. But I also feel weirdly defensive hahaha idk idk

Edit - idk if yall are keeping up with the rumor mill but I heard talk that they only made it in time to submit 8 episodes to the Chinese censorship review board and they can't announce episodes until they've been approved, so they might split S2 into 2 parts. But I'm just repeating heresay so who knows.
IdknymkreAug 5, 2019 4:42 PM
Aug 5, 2019 5:15 PM
Aug 2019
smushmush said:
Psssssshhhh usually I'm down to discuss and critique shows but I frfr don't wanna hear any complaints from yall haha. The animation and soundtrack are insane. Come on. I personally have never seen a BL adapted better than this. It's not 100% loyal to the source but it's sooo good.

Well I'm being a hypocrite I guess by telling yall not to comment haha. Truthfully, in S1 when I saw how easily they killed xuanwu of slaughter, and how wen Chao basically got to die peacefully in his sleep, I had some grumbles. But I also feel weirdly defensive hahaha idk idk

Edit - idk if yall are keeping up with the rumor mill but I heard talk that they only made it in time to submit 8 episodes to the Chinese censorship review board and they can't announce episodes until they've been approved, so they might split S2 into 2 parts. But I'm just repeating heresay so who knows.

You’re right and you should say it.
Aug 6, 2019 1:54 AM
Jul 2018
smushmush said:

Wen Chao's death in the novel was described perfectly tbh but I think they wanted to save all that time and instead gave Wei Wuxian an epic entrance.

They even skipped out on the goddess explanation part in the beginning which was a shame because I still believe that if they try to put it up as the arm having 'brought the statue to life' , it wouldn't make much sense but then again, what genre is this to begin with?

Aug 6, 2019 5:16 AM

Sep 2017
I loved the first season, so I'm pretty hyped for the 2nd

Even if I can't find it anywhere, that's frustrating ;_;
Aug 6, 2019 5:41 AM
Apr 2018
moshiyare said:

Wen Chao's death in the novel was described perfectly tbh but I think they wanted to save all that time and instead gave Wei Wuxian an epic entrance.

They even skipped out on the goddess explanation part in the beginning which was a shame because I still believe that if they try to put it up as the arm having 'brought the statue to life' , it wouldn't make much sense but then again, what genre is this to begin with?

Yeah definitely, the epic thing about MXTX is she tends to give BL fangirls exactly what they want while also making the plot ridiculously detailed and intricate, and I feel the donghua team had to make a choice and sacrificed a lot of detail for the "aren't you in love with everyone" aspect. I mean I could tell *right off the bat* in the very first scene of season 1 when they had the wens screaming "its the yiling patriarch!" during that sunshot campaign lol. but I guess it just sounded better than "it's the senior disciple of yunmeng!" I guess it's fine they focus more on pleasing the fans because we still have the meat from the novel. I know all of us here rn obsessing over S2 raws have read the novel (probably at least twice lol) but I also know some people have just watched the show and I'm like... Gaaaah read it, there's no way anything makes sense if you haven't read it hahha
Aug 7, 2019 3:57 AM
Jul 2018

Yeah definitely, the epic thing about MXTX is she tends to give BL fangirls exactly what they want while also making the plot ridiculously detailed and intricate, and I feel the donghua team had to make a choice and sacrificed a lot of detail for the "aren't you in love with everyone" aspect. I mean I could tell *right off the bat* in the very first scene of season 1 when they had the wens screaming "its the yiling patriarch!" during that sunshot campaign lol. but I guess it just sounded better than "it's the senior disciple of yunmeng!" I guess it's fine they focus more on pleasing the fans because we still have the meat from the novel. I know all of us here rn obsessing over S2 raws have read the novel (probably at least twice lol) but I also know some people have just watched the show and I'm like... Gaaaah read it, there's no way anything makes sense if you haven't read it hahha

Eyy yes. The weirdest thing they did in the Donghua was not make Mo Xianyu a 'cut sleeve' but a guy who lusts after pretty people and PLANTS AND ANIMALS. I had to pause and make sure I heard right. XD
Aug 7, 2019 4:27 AM

Jan 2013
moshiyare said:

Eyy yes. The weirdest thing they did in the Donghua was not make Mo Xianyu a 'cut sleeve' but a guy who lusts after pretty people and PLANTS AND ANIMALS. I had to pause and make sure I heard right. XD

This actually made the whole deal more perverse, if you ask me. >D
I've never seen zoophilia and dendrophilia hinted at in animated works. (´°ω°`)
Aug 7, 2019 8:31 AM

Dec 2016
Episode 1 is ouuuuut!!!!
https://nyaa.si/view/1165370
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 2, 2019

24 by KuroKen15 »»
Feb 15, 12:05 PM

» Are you confused?

Idknymkre - Aug 7, 2019

14 by serina7 »»
Feb 7, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 3 Discussion

Xealias - Aug 3, 2019

28 by samyllazevedo »»
Oct 2, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 23, 2019

51 by iamnameers »»
Feb 4, 2023 8:38 AM

Poll: » Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xealias - Aug 31, 2019

50 by diorcula »»
Jan 31, 2023 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.