Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 3, 2018 6:47 AM

Jul 2017
you're gonna have to start to get used to that feeling because you will alwais dislike a few shows that "everyone likes".
Nov 9, 2018 1:44 AM
Oct 2018
xFlakee said:
Ivoria said:

Except the fucked-up-shit in this anime is almost entirely pointless. The story destroys all of its own attempts to be dark and meaningful. Here, watch this video.

Honestly, I think that the scene was over the top, but it does two things. Firstly, it goes to show how vile the Goblins are, and shows why the woman in the questing place is so uneased by the fact that some newbies are taking a quest to slay such creatures. Secondly, it helps us as viewers understand the kind of world that this is. Its not a nice fantasy setting like that of say that of like everquest or something. Its a brutal and messed up world, and theres no better way to say this than to show it. It adds much more affect. Simply put, if you dont like it, dont watch it.

I mean if the goblins are going to be generic over-the-top evil bad guys then i don't really care how justified it was.

Also fuck with that "If you don't like it, don't watch it." attitude. That's how criticism works.
Nov 9, 2018 1:10 PM

Mar 2015
razlaz said:
xFlakee said:

Honestly, I think that the scene was over the top, but it does two things. Firstly, it goes to show how vile the Goblins are, and shows why the woman in the questing place is so uneased by the fact that some newbies are taking a quest to slay such creatures. Secondly, it helps us as viewers understand the kind of world that this is. Its not a nice fantasy setting like that of say that of like everquest or something. Its a brutal and messed up world, and theres no better way to say this than to show it. It adds much more affect. Simply put, if you dont like it, dont watch it.

I mean if the goblins are going to be generic over-the-top evil bad guys then i don't really care how justified it was.

Also fuck with that "If you don't like it, don't watch it." attitude. That's how criticism works.

I never said that think that one shouldnt be allowed to critizie it, I just believe that if you're put off by something the shows done you shouldnt continue to watch it. Thats literally what i said, don't try and twist my words lmao
Nov 9, 2018 1:12 PM

Mar 2015
razlaz said:
xFlakee said:

Anyway imo goblin slayer did a better show not tell apporach to showing why gobins are bad than most other fantasy shows do, for example SAOs goblins.
Nov 9, 2018 1:32 PM

Jul 2014
@AironicallyHuman You're bringing Magilou to the forums? Thanks, and praise be.

OT: Uh. Preferences. I like the silly RPG antics and the very serious walking armor that is Goblin Slayer. That said, it's nothing special yet as far as I can tell.
Nov 9, 2018 3:39 PM

Feb 2013
Ivoria said:
Lord_Of_Denial said:
You just showed that you are an assumptuous prick. When did I admit that I like more violent rape? The rape scene is there for entertaining the viewers and the author himself said that. Do you even know what a fetish is xD?
But nevermind, yeah lets end it here. There's no point arguing with a feminazi, as expected. Its not like you gave any proper arguments to me either. All this time you've just been spewing insults like a dumbass. Lmao

Yeah, I'm not wasting my time on someone who unironically says "xD" and is presumably over the age of 12, so bye, love.

Oh no please don't stop posting - haven't laughed so hard in ages. So glad I decided to check MAL today xD
Nov 9, 2018 4:20 PM

Jun 2015
Of course it's gonna be unenjoyable. It's a piece of low-quality, shitty-ass, half-assed, low-effort, glorified commercial seasonal trash with dumb, blind hype behind it.

Read the novel.
Nov 10, 2018 10:57 AM

May 2010
[quote=AironicallyHuman message=55978298]
Ivoria said:

That aside, TC: you are bored because you are desensitised. If you are not easily shocked by the depravity of hum... err, goblins, you are not going to be in awe of what is just another dark fantasy medieval thing.

well especially not if he is someone who has read Berserk...

Nov 15, 2018 4:02 PM
Oct 2018
[quote=Kerozinn message=56197100]
AironicallyHuman said:
Ivoria said:

That aside, TC: you are bored because you are desensitised. If you are not easily shocked by the depravity of hum... err, goblins, you are not going to be in awe of what is just another dark fantasy medieval thing.

well especially not if he is someone who has read Berserk...

I have read Berserk. I don't see anything GS can offer to me that Berserk can't. It's one thing to be inspired by it, it's another thing to just be Berserk but worse. With video game elements.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

992 by Devonnius »»
Feb 22, 8:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.