Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What do you think of the character, Subaru from Re:Zero?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 1, 2020 10:47 PM
Aug 2020
Personal opinion: I’d say Subaru would be a lot likeable character if he tried fixing his personality as the show progressed. Maybe it’d have been (more) interesting If we saw an Actual Glow up , he doesnt have to be the strongest character or whatsnot, but at the least he could’ve become a better person in the end. One personality trait i disliked was his arrogance “Emilia needs me. Emilia owes a lot to me, I saved her countless times..” But oh well he seems weak and unwilling to change
Dec 1, 2020 10:59 PM

Jul 2020
I get it why Subaru would reject Rem.She killed him 2-3 times and then she suddenly confesses to him it's obvious that he would reject her.People who hate Subaru are the one's who watch Re zero just for Rem.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 1, 2020 11:55 PM

Jul 2020
Subaru is annoying, stupid and useless. Along with that, he doesn’t develop at all throughout the series, just whines and lets the girls just suddenly like him.
Dec 2, 2020 12:17 AM

Jun 2020
Bloomberry said:
lets the girls just suddenly like him.

I'm sorry, but that take is kinda false. You've missed the moment when Emilia didn't support his action during the Grand Court scene. I mean, sure... he lets them to like him, but that's just him being stupid.

So you're half-wrong, half-right
HanashiD4Dec 2, 2020 12:20 AM

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
Dec 2, 2020 12:18 AM

Jul 2015
He is annoying, stupid, and willfully ignorant about his circumstance. Honestly, he is literally unable to survive in an isekai fantasy world; given the number of deaths that he had. Of course, him dying repeatedly is well deserved because of his stupidity. At this point, he's just torturing himself by continuing to live. His idiotic thoughts of 'I must protect Emilia by any means necessary even at my own expense' is so stupid that it's not even be worth the time to use his power. I mean, there are SOOOO many ways to abuse his time travel ability that he's not using. And his fixation on Amelia is just outright ridiculous. I would give up my life for my significant other but... him and Emilia aren't even on true dating terms yet. Plus, he has died a few times before their first date. If you think about it, a relationship that involves this much death and a multitude of people wanting to kill you is a huge red flag that Subaru hasn't seem to understand yet. Maybe he just needs to die until the point that his mind breaks.... Oh... wait.... it did... before then end of season 1.
Anim3PunkDec 2, 2020 12:27 AM
"Noblesse oblige, I pray for your continuing service as a savior." - Juiz
Mundum divit factum, atque pulchre. (The world is full of abundance and beauty.) - Re:CREATORS
My Candies (2023): Bonus Candies (2023):(2022): Bonus Candies (2022):

Dec 2, 2020 12:22 AM

Jul 2020
HanashiD4 said:
Bloomberry said:
lets the girls just suddenly like him.

I'm sorry, but that take is kinda false. You've missed the moment when Emilia didn't support his action during the Grand Court scene. I mean, sure... he lets them to like him, but that's just him being stupid.

Dawg you’re actually scaring me. Every time I make a post against Re: Zero you are there within an hour to have your take on it lol.
Dec 2, 2020 12:27 AM

Jun 2020
Bloomberry said:
HanashiD4 said:

Dawg you’re actually scaring me. Every time I make a post against Re: Zero you are there within an hour to have your take on it lol.

It's because I'm also annoyed by any sort of slander who has so much misses.

Dec 2, 2020 2:31 AM

Mar 2020
Subaru is quite a special character for me. He is my top most HATED character ever! I think everyone in this thread has listed my thoughts on him so I am not going to repeat it. And I thought no one can take that throne from touma (magical index) argh.
I would take the most generic protagonist in existence over him any day of the week
Dec 2, 2020 2:52 AM

May 2020
Oh god another revived toxic hate thread, why was this ever revived? Let this rot in hell along with the countless other Subaru/ReZero hate bait threads.
GilgameshuuDec 2, 2020 2:55 AM
Dec 20, 2020 4:43 PM

Jul 2013
HanashiD4 said:
Bloomberry said:

What slander? You're the one so obsessed with this Subaru guy you can't just stand others' opinions. Dear lord you need to get off this site and get some help. Seriously.
justinian_1Dec 20, 2020 4:47 PM
Dec 20, 2020 4:52 PM

May 2020
Neutral for me. I hate how he is always screaming a̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶R̶e̶m̶. At least he got better in s2
Dec 20, 2020 6:10 PM

Jun 2020
justinian_1 said:
HanashiD4 said:

What slander? You're the one so obsessed with this Subaru guy you can't just stand others' opinions. Dear lord you need to get off this site and get some help. Seriously.

Dawg, I was just joking around here. I'm actually fine with his opinion since we also talk each other in a profile conversation.

Dec 20, 2020 6:32 PM

Jul 2013
HanashiD4 said:
justinian_1 said:

Dawg, I was just joking around here. I'm actually fine with his opinion since we also talk each other in a profile conversation.

Oh ok then. That's good to hear, my bad.
Dec 20, 2020 6:44 PM

Sep 2020
"Subaru-kun I love you."

"Thanks but I love Emilia."

See.

[Violet X Amy]

[VioletteloiV X squished_lemon]

Dec 21, 2020 2:24 AM
Jul 2018
See 25 percent hate subaru characters, that is why we don't good main characters nowdays community is so split that's why authors don't want to take risk of making flawed mc.
If mc is not flawed from where he/she will get character development????And if you hate subaru just because he rejected rem then you are just a Rem simp and you probably will not like entirety of season 2.
Dec 21, 2020 4:21 AM

Jul 2013
Enrav1x said:
See 25 percent hate subaru characters, that is why we don't good main characters nowdays community is so split that's why authors don't want to take risk of making flawed mc.
If mc is not flawed from where he/she will get character development????And if you hate subaru just because he rejected rem then you are just a Rem simp and you probably will not like entirety of season 2.

A character lacking basic logic and common sense developing common sense later on isn't good character development. If you even read any of the arguments here you'll see people hate him because he's flaws are too flawed for a normal person.
Dec 21, 2020 4:31 AM
Jul 2018
justinian_1 said:
Enrav1x said:

A character lacking basic logic and common sense developing common sense later on isn't good character development. If you even read any of the arguments here you'll see people hate him because he's flaws are too flawed for a normal person.
are dumb this guy is dying i mean literally dying obviously he will have breakdowns and his senses will be all over the place if you or me will be in his position we will crying on a corner after the first loop.
My good mal people are so dumb
Dec 21, 2020 4:44 AM

Jul 2013
Enrav1x said:
justinian_1 said:

are dumb this guy is dying i mean literally dying obviously he will have breakdowns and his senses will be all over the place if you or me will be in his position we will crying on a corner after the first loop.

He still lacks common sense to at least be careful to prevent from dying unnecessarily.
Dec 21, 2020 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
justinian_1 said:
Enrav1x said:

He still lacks common sense to at least be careful to prevent from dying unnecessarily.
ok fine i do admit he is dumb and make some questionable decisions sometimes but we all do that and i think it's perfectly fine
Dec 24, 2020 1:13 PM

Mar 2018
justinian_1 said:

All right, I'll bite. What insanely illogical misstep did he make that caused him to die?

checking the forums again was a mistake
Dec 24, 2020 5:47 PM

Jul 2013
Jaereku said:
justinian_1 said:

All right, I'll bite. What insanely illogical misstep did he make that caused him to die?

checking the forums again was a mistake

Are you here to listen or to argue? Because if it's the latter then I won't bother answering since I'm never going to change your mind so it's a waste of time. A lot of points were already said in this thread (even in this page) but many rabid fans just turn a blind eye and seemingly argue just for the sake of protecting a fictional character they like.
justinian_1Dec 24, 2020 5:51 PM
Dec 26, 2020 6:03 AM

Mar 2018
justinian_1 said:
Are you here to listen or to argue? Because if it's the latter then I won't bother answering since I'm never going to change your mind so it's a waste of time. A lot of points were already said in this thread (even in this page) but many rabid fans just turn a blind eye and seemingly argue just for the sake of protecting a fictional character they like.

I don't spend a lot of time in the forums so no, I haven't read much of it besides the last comments. I checked because I saw a friend was commenting here. I'll read this page now though and respond to what I think weighs more than "I just think he's stupid/useless/whiny".

justinian_1 said:
The problem with Subaru is that the plot forces him to be incredibly dumb at times just to make the time travel mechanic work. For someone who is supposed to be a very normal protagonist of the genre, he lacks the most normal thing of all; common sense. The first thing he does when he got isekai'd is to play around. Even after being traumatized by death a few times, he still doesn't take things seriously and doesn't stop to think how bad the situation he's currently in. The way he never questions "reality" even once , and instead becomes narrow-minded to save some random stranger that might not exist is just too contrived. He acts obnoxious to the first person he sees after waking up in a stranger's house and maintains that behavior even after a few lifespans. It also took him a long time to attempt in talking about his powers to someone or simply ask the most basic things like the date and time. He gets into a catatonic state but then you realize he was just acting all the time. He always acts over the top to the point he doesn't feel like a real person anymore. There's so much wrong about his character that when his death scenes happen, you find it difficult to care at all.

That's right. He plays around. His first few lines revolve around "why is there not a cute girl who summoned me?", "you big lumps of EXP", "where is my starting gear?". He behaves more like an (entitled) light novel protagonist than a real, functional human being. The very nickname he gives to Emilia ("-tan") is weeb talk. He idolizes Emilia as his "heroine" who needs saving and acts accordingly. Honestly, yeah, I can't blame anyone for disliking him for these things. Some people can't take it, some people can and then some of those people will go on to see the greater purpose behind his character and all he goes through -- which is basically taking the premise of an isekai, the ultimate escapist fantasy in modern Japanese media, and turning it into a wake-up call. Subaru is a good person at heart, but also embodies some of the worst aspects of otaku culture. The show puts him through numerous hardships, even having him face an even more extreme version of himself (Petelgeuse) to finally deliver a positive message of "yes, you're dysfunctional, but even you can improve" in episode 18.

Regarding the more minor complaints, he didn't try talking about his power until he was cornered because saying "I can die and return back in time" makes you sound like a madman (especially in front of the girl who he idealizes to a fault and tries to look cool in front of -- part of his toxic nature). He does ask the date and time much like how he studies to learn to read and write, but the former is cut out in the anime (I mean, which viewer really cares that it's the 14th of Tammuz & the middle of the year? From volume 1). Lastly, the catanonic state wasn't really an act. That's a conclusion I see far too often, stemming from taking Petelgeuse's words too literally. It's moreso to drive home that Subaru's insanity, even in his current state, isn't anywhere near Petelgeuse. More on that here. (Not saying that you can't stick to your interpretation, but oftentimes things aren't meant to be taken at face value in media).

Hope this was insightful, even a little bit.
Dec 26, 2020 6:58 AM

Jul 2013
@Jaereku

Thank you for your explanation. However, it only further supports my idea that he's acting illogically with illogical reasons (some were already cleared up, like LN content not in the anime as you say) which is the main point I was trying to make. Yes, there may be an explanation for everything but it doesn't change the fact that he's too flawed. He can't act like a normal person so he gets punished for it which I find problematic when it comes to character growth. With regards to the catatonia, it's the author's explanation so I won't argue further even though it looked otherwise to me.

Nevertheless I was assumptive previously so I apologize for being a bit hostile in my previous post. I respect you for not insulting me and for being civil throughout the discussion.
Dec 26, 2020 12:51 PM

Mar 2018
justinian_1 said:
@Jaereku

Thank you for your explanation. However, it only further supports my idea that he's acting illogically with illogical reasons (some were already cleared up, like LN content not in the anime as you say) which is the main point I was trying to make. Yes, there may be an explanation for everything but it doesn't change the fact that he's too flawed. He can't act like a normal person so he gets punished for it which I find problematic when it comes to character growth. With regards to the catatonia, it's the author's explanation so I won't argue further even though it looked otherwise to me.

Nevertheless I was assumptive previously so I apologize for being a bit hostile in my previous post. I respect you for not insulting me and for being civil throughout the discussion.

The feeling is mutual -- I'm glad you're responding civilly as well. Discussing this anime is tough since both sides either vehemently love or hate it.

And yeah, he's definitely acting illogically. That's a very fair reason to dislike him as a character (at least early on -- I don't think he was that illogical after episode 18 & in Season 2), and it's dumb if people tried to say otherwise. I just tried to offer my side of things, as to why him being written as this dumb, impulsive & selfish kid early on actually helps the story & the message it's trying to deliver -- I feel like it'd be near-impossible to make a point against escapism, power fantasies and toxic otaku culture/masculinity while having a smart, strong or likeable protagonist, as I think it'd be counter-productive. It's also why I like Shinji from EVA.
Dec 26, 2020 4:56 PM
Nov 2013
I can’t believe hate is winning. Jesus. Is it just MAL with horrendous taste or is it anime fans in general? He’s an incredibly well written character with an insane amount of development and depth. People can’t understand why he acts how he does? I should have expected this of people who watch shows where the MC can solve problems by being an OP boring know it all Casanova. It’s so bizarre. Go almost anywhere else online. The dude gets the respect he deserves and people actually pay attention to the story and get why he acts how he does. Like.. I get that the series requires brainpower and some people just don’t want to do that while watching their shows. But if so, WHY watch Re:Zero?
Dec 31, 2020 4:53 AM

Mar 2018
crystalblade13 said:
I can’t believe hate is winning. Jesus. Is it just MAL with horrendous taste or is it anime fans in general? He’s an incredibly well written character with an insane amount of development and depth. People can’t understand why he acts how he does? I should have expected this of people who watch shows where the MC can solve problems by being an OP boring know it all Casanova. It’s so bizarre. Go almost anywhere else online. The dude gets the respect he deserves and people actually pay attention to the story and get why he acts how he does. Like.. I get that the series requires brainpower and some people just don’t want to do that while watching their shows. But if so, WHY watch Re:Zero?

I think the show having the trappings of an isekai is a big factor in the amount of investment and attention people pour into its writing. Grimgar suffered from the same thing as well. It's a genre that's either liked for its comedy or its power fantasies, so when someone tries to do something serious by using it, people's expectations are betrayed and they're far more needlessly critical of it than they would otherwise be (certainly doesn't help that the subject of its character study is a very flawed, but kindhearted person).
Jan 15, 2021 7:56 PM
Jan 2021
Its not even the love triangle thing he's just so stupid. He has this stupid savior complex when he's useless and only waits for others to save him when he's in serious trouble. To hell with his bravery at this point, he never actually does anything except for the death reset thing. Even then he's always relying on other people and he's hard-headed for like all the wrong things. Yeah, love Emelia as much as you want but can you for once thinking about something that's not Emelia? Maybe about how you're literally powerless? (Im just pissed)
Jan 25, 2021 2:53 PM

Mar 2020
Swagernator said:
Nothing at all, he's your typical edgy, harem, isekai protagonist for selfinserts.

Also can we please stop making threads based on shitty youtubers ? This is MAL i believe that the level of discussion is higher than that of a youtube community.
the level is high ? Are you kidding me ? Mal is one of the most toxic website I've been on.
check out odd taxi
Jan 27, 2021 3:57 AM

Sep 2020
He's a simp,edgy,just it,i almost feel pity for him because he barely no power on isekai that barely always cheerful,and thanks for rejecting rem,so we can claimed her because she's not yours
Feb 4, 2021 1:04 AM

Dec 2015
I dropped the anime at episode 8 - because of him. His behaviour was pretty annoying. I know hardcore-fans claim he is a great/reallistic character. But I can't share this opinion.

Imo they just like the anime cause of the female chars. I mean you can see a lot of threads about those girls. (Emilia and Rem/Ram.) Then they are too ashamed to admit it - that they like to fap to those girls. (Weird when this actually is normal - and happens for a lot of anime. Shouldn't be ashamed of it.)

Now they need an excuse as to why they still like the anime and try to make other stuff look good by finding excuses as how the annoying main char can instead be good/realistic.

Might be a wrong opinion - and maybe I would have a different opinion with all the episodes viewed. But at least up to episode 8 this is my opinion. And it was hard enough to endure this character up to this episode. (And besides this the plot was not too interesting to motivate me to watch more. Most other generic isekai are more enjoyable. This is probably one of the worst. Average plot + annoying chars is worse than average plot + okay-ish chars.)

So what I hated was his annoying behavior. Always whining/crying. Thinking about "oh did the girl summon me?" ... something like that. Yeah he must have felt pain because of the daying. But the anime (and author of the source and studop adapting it) could have created a good atmosphere instead. And showing/explaining this slowly. Being too much over the top with the presensation only works for certain types of comedy and pure actioin stuff.

If this was supposed to be "deep" then they should have handled the presantion in a manner befitting this. Not making the main char appear like kid on ADHD.

Since I'm not into "waifus" I did not find a reason to make excuses to continue watching. I'm just not the target audience. (Young boys or the typical a bit older otaku that wants to see waifus for fapping.) While most other anime can still be watched by a lot of different people this one (because of the bad execution/presentation) probably is onyl interesting for such hardcore fans.

5/10 from me though I recognize that the plot itself (with better main char) cold have probably been the typical 7/10 (which I give for most other generic stuff when the chars were okay). That only because I like fantasy as setting though. I'm always a bit more lenient here with my scores.
Feb 19, 2021 9:56 PM

Feb 2018
zal said:
I dislike Subaru because he is presented as the underdog and powerless but he's the most powerful character in the story by convenience from the author. I dislike how he faces the three arc in the same way just on a bigger scale:
try -> fail -> cry -> act like a jerk -> waifu raises his morale -> become the hero

while ironically Re:Zero fans say that he's not typical hero despite him being so every time he progresses.

About Rem? meh, she has a nice backstory but otherwise forgettable. The reason Subaru can't chose her from the author's point of view because she is a boring character with not personality and identity created solely for being discarded. If Subaru chose Rem the show would become dull and boring because the lack drama and because Subaru wouldn't have anything else to strive for.

Also found her character inconsistent since in a loop she does what she does because he reeks of the witch but in other loops she gets close to him or even falls in love despite the scent of the witch. Seemed like a one time excuse to confuse the viewers because plot twists that didn't get properly developed.

I like this take. The show has an interesting premise, and the author's creativity and goals are evident, but the characters devolve into tropes too quickly, They have one or two dimensions, which are constantly thrust in your face through the animation and dialogue, which lack any subtlety or nuance, and their growth feels contrived or overly theatrical rather than genuine.

Episode 18 was refreshing though. Re:Zero is the best isekai I've seen, and while I wouldn't consider it a deconstruction, the author manages to flesh out the protagonist in a much more genuine and compelling manner than is typical of the genre. I recognize that thus far, the other characters have served mainly as devices to explore Subaru himself, but I still wish they had more depth. The dialogue is a definite weakpoint; although sometimes the humor manages to connect.

The author's inconsistent use of show don't tell is interesting. He seems to really want to deliver a certain message to his audience; unfortunately, I assume most viewers will prioritize the waifu-war rather than internalize this message and seek self-improvement.
NordstjaernanFeb 23, 2021 8:48 PM
Feb 21, 2021 9:24 AM
Jan 2021
Surofair said:
Subaru's a great character, better than any other protagonist, has far more depth.
Yall need to stop hating on fictional characters.
He's in an unthinkable situation. He's not strong. He has a big burden to carry. He could give up anytime. After each death, he still summons up the courage to get back up. I find it amazing how he's even able to stay upbeat after so much suffering. He cares so much he suffers again and again to save the people he cares about. He doesn't have to. He can just say f*ck it. He's not strong, he's courageous, more than any other protagonist. That's why he is better than any other protagonist. And of course, it's gonna be too much to handle for him.
Facts people be hating on Subaru too much lol he’s a great protagonist
Feb 21, 2021 11:57 PM

Feb 2018
Surofair said:
Subaru's a great character, better than any other protagonist, has far more depth.
Yall need to stop hating on fictional characters.
He's in an unthinkable situation. He's not strong. He has a big burden to carry. He could give up anytime. After each death, he still summons up the courage to get back up. I find it amazing how he's even able to stay upbeat after so much suffering. He cares so much he suffers again and again to save the people he cares about. He doesn't have to. He can just say f*ck it. He's not strong, he's courageous, more than any other protagonist. That's why he is better than any other protagonist. And of course, it's gonna be too much to handle for him.

What is this even supposed to mean? I'm in awe at the absolute delusion and incoherence. You think a relatively generic shounen MC from a slightly above average isekai is "better than any other protagonist"? Maybe if you've spent your entire life mindlessly consuming mass-marketed battle shounen, buying Funko Pops of the annual edgy but cool MC's-best-friend, and downloading "six digit numbers", then a protagonist named after Japan's shittiest car company could strike you as a masterpiece of character writing unmatched by any in the history of humanity.

What could possibly be going through your head to click on a thread whose purpose is to critique an author's particular quality of characterization and declare that "yall need to stop hating on fictional characters"? Are we only allowed to hate on historical figures? Does watching a batman movie and thinking: "hey, you know, maybe the Joker is a bad dude" reveal some sort of personal deficit in moral fiber? What about historical fiction? Am I allowed to kill the Nazi zombies in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, or should I "stop hating"? They are, after all, in "an unthinkable situation."

You seem to have some sort of bizarre parasocial relationship with the guy whose major driving factor is being the centerpiece of a 2-dimensional harem, literally and figuratively.
Do you really "find it amazing how he's even able to stay upbbeat after so much suffering"? I'm more amazed that an antisocial NEET was spontaneously transported to a fantasy RPG and subsequently became a virtually immortal pussy-slaying machine.
I'm going to write a Truman Show fanfiction, just for you, in which Truman, upon finding out he lives in a fabricated reality, is tortured by everyone he has ever known and loved for decades, and then some blue-haired walking waifu pillow with purple eyes and horns gives him head and then he "summons up the courage" to massacre the entire population of Earth, the audience to his torture, for their complicity in his unimaginable suffering. That will really be "amazing."

You want to know why you're defending this relatively irrelevant protagonist from a medium for which you ought to be socially excoriated for habitually and uncritically consuming? Because Subaru Natsuki is a self-insert for you. You said it yourself, "he's not strong," and you'd like to think that, if push came to shove, you'd be "courageous, more than any other protagonist," just like him. But if everybody had that potential within them, he wouldn't be special now, would he? I wonder, what has made you deceive yourself into thinking you're as singularly exceptional as the character you so adore? Is it because you, too, have wasted decades of your life as just another mindless consumer?

if I had one wish, one single desire for some transcendental being to fulfill, it would be for you to be transported to a fantasy realm identical to Re:Zero's, but only as long as I was able to watch every moment — live in 4k — and witness your pathetic degeneration into insanity and helplessness.
If only there was any justice in this world, it would be so.
NordstjaernanFeb 22, 2021 1:22 AM
Feb 24, 2021 2:59 AM

Feb 2018
Surofair said:

That is a bit too much. Don't know why you care so much. For the courage bit, I don't think I could go on continuously dying and suffering to save somebody. I don't think most could. I never said I could. I'm not special. I'm not deluded. Your making things up and your really just a sad person. You wish for me to suffer. OK. Yeah, I'm deluded. What is wrong with you? Please get some help. Critique yourself rather than fictional characters. Or don't.

lmao are you arguing on an anime forum? what a loser dude

Feb 24, 2021 12:26 PM

Feb 2018
Surofair said:
Your making things up

*you’re

Surofair said:
and your

*you’re

Surofair said:

when you come to argue but realise you are too stupid too.

*to
Feb 24, 2021 10:20 PM
Jan 2018
Subaru is the only protagonist who can withstand suffering and doesn't turn into edgy anti-hero MC with multipe personality.

How the hell he still save the one who kill him. He is just crazy. Just look into Kaneki, he lost his nails and become evil, Subaru have to teach him a lesson of what is true suffering are.
Feb 25, 2021 9:45 AM
Jul 2020
THE SECOND HAND EMBARRASSMENT OMG I CANT HANDLE HIS SHIT
Feb 25, 2021 11:21 AM
Feb 2021
I've always seen Subaru as a character who was specifically written to be hated on. Like us viewers, most of the characters he meets for the first time find him suspicious, annoying, selfish, etc. But the animosity he experiences gives him an obstacle to overcome everywhere he goes, which makes his success all the more entertaining to watch. While I don't particularly like the guy, I can respect him.
Mar 8, 2021 9:19 PM
Feb 2021
Hell I hate him... he's as much annoying as Deku also that return by death ability is so lame... it's fine 2/3 times at first when you see it but come on man every single f time the same thing
Mar 18, 2021 7:32 AM
Jan 2020
Subaru sux, there is no doubt about that, and he's the reason why i quit whatching the series and i really wanted to continue watching it , i have complex for closer but i can't do that because of that Arrogant piece of shit ; I find him very annoying and dumb and i don't know about his shity selfconfident and his twisted reasoning ,plus his desperate needs for attontio; not only that i find him very useless and worthless and the show would've been in my oppinion WAY BETTER without him
bottom of the line because i can't find and don't know how to describe that filthy bustered . FUCK YOU subaru I LOVE everyone else especially Ram and I FUCKING HATE YOU .
Mar 28, 2021 3:53 PM
Jan 2021
Listen all of you hating on Subaru first go watch season 2 you will get smarter if have any IQ points at all and just for good measure go see some help because their is one of three things in this discussion 1. You like Subaru because of his personality Grit and how he really is the definition of every Otaku among other things and recognize just how inspiring he is as a character seeing him go through trial and error with the problems of plenty others such feeling worthless seeing him over come that helped me personally and I am better for it his best traits I say are his brutal honesty his charisma though that might be because I even like him at his worst but love him at his best and his drive 2. The one who just plain hate Him you resemble Subaru at his worst stubborn rude and just annoying you refuse to recognize that Subaru is meant in a way to help you grow as a person it shows what you need to do and then 3. For the people who recognize but still dislike Subaru your ok just don’t call other people who love him as idiots please
Mar 28, 2021 4:09 PM

Mar 2020
He is just a bad one deminsional character whose so called "development" lasts as long as his sudden high IQ short moments that makes no sense for a retard like him. He is also so annoying and unbearable and somehow I am supposed to sympathize with this piece of shit?! Yeah tough luck. Combine that with how his lust for emilia makes no sense and you get a contendar for the worst MC ever created!
Mar 29, 2021 4:23 AM
Dec 2009
there is no reason to not to like him as of the second season. He is doing his best to save everyone and that shows he is a compassionate and fine person.

In the future i wonder what is he gonna do? Since he moved a bit forward and gained more grip on the events unfolding around him, i wonder if there are going to be some severe disagreements? this migh put him on a different path i guess.

Number1Mar 31, 2021 12:06 PM
Mar 31, 2021 12:37 AM

May 2016
Number1 said:
there is no reason to not to like him as of the second season. He is doing his best to save everyone and that shows he is a compassionate and fine person.

In the future i wonder what is he gonna do? Since he moved a bit forward and gained more grip on the events unfolding aroun him, i wonder if there are going to be some severe disagreements? this migh put him on a different path i guess.

Right? It’ll be interesting to see where the story goes from here
Apr 10, 2021 7:09 PM
Nov 2016
I disliked Subaru in S1 mostly because of what happened in the middle, he was extremely annoying there but he definitely got better in the last couple of episodes.

Subaru is a lot more likeable in S2 though.
Apr 12, 2021 10:51 PM
Jul 2018
I hated him in Season 1 because he is annoying, stupid, and irrational. But in Season 2, I dislike him rather than hate him because he has improved, but he is still annoying.
Apr 13, 2021 6:31 AM
Feb 2021
He is simp.He is 24×7 Emilia tan Emilia tan.There is also a sleeping Simp(maid) who simp for this simp character.All the characters simp over each other.Its your another garbage self insert harem.
Apr 14, 2021 11:08 PM
Nov 2020
Neckadia said:
He is simp.He is 24×7 Emilia tan Emilia tan.There is also a sleeping Simp(maid) who simp for this simp character.All the characters simp over each other.Its your another garbage self insert harem.

I don't think anyone wants to self insert themselves in this story. After all, who wants to die over and over to accomplish something?
Apr 14, 2021 11:56 PM
Feb 2021
Anucolo said:
Neckadia said:

I don't think anyone wants to self insert themselves in this story. After all, who wants to die over and over to accomplish something?
The point is he could return after dying over and over again.He is getting girls left,right,centre...it's a self insert character.
Everyone knows that after dying he is going to come back,so it's futile.
He wouldn't have been a self insert character if had to kill Emilia for advancing the story.It would have been traumatic for him to kill the person he loves.

He gets what he wants easily.
Apr 15, 2021 1:42 AM
Nov 2020
Neckadia said:

He gets what he wants easily.

He may get what he wants but I don't think he gets everything easily.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.