Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What do you think of the character, Subaru from Re:Zero?
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 15, 2021 10:03 AM
Feb 2021
Anucolo said:

I don't think he gets everything easily.
..........................can you elaborate?
Apr 16, 2021 9:18 AM

Jul 2020
Man I always hate to say this but this is the situation where this cannot be ignore.
Ya'll hate Subaru because you never payed attention to the show and only watched it for Rem.
Neckadia said:
He is simp.He is 24×7 Emilia tan Emilia tan.There is also a sleeping Simp(maid) who simp for this simp character.All the characters simp over each other.Its your another garbage self insert harem.

Did you even watch the show?Or are you just telling an opinion based on what others said in the past?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 16, 2021 10:02 AM
Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
Man I always hate to say this but this is the situation where this cannot be ignore.
Ya'll hate Subaru because you never payed attention to the show and only watched it for Rem.
Neckadia said:
He is simp.He is 24×7 Emilia tan Emilia tan.There is also a sleeping Simp(maid) who simp for this simp character.All the characters simp over each other.Its your another garbage self insert harem.

Did you even watch the show?Or are you just telling an opinion based on what others said in the past?
Go and check comment in my profile if I ever watched if for that sleeping Simp(maid)
Apr 16, 2021 10:06 AM

Jul 2020
Neckadia said:
Scordolo said:

Go and check comment in my profile if I ever watched if for that sleeping Simp(maid)

Lmao seems like you never payed attention to the show then.The reason why Subaru likes Emilia is because she was the first person from that world who HE felt safe with.That's why he likes Emilia.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 16, 2021 10:13 AM
Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
Neckadia said:

Lmao seems like you never payed attention to the show then.The reason why Subaru likes Emilia is because she was the first person from that world who HE felt safe with.That's why he likes Emilia.
Omal that's the reason half of the viewers of this show are Emilia fans,half are Rem fans.It's another garbage self insert harem
Apr 16, 2021 10:14 AM
Feb 2021
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:
The point is he could return after dying over and over again.He is getting girls left,right,centre...it's a self insert character.
Everyone knows that after dying he is going to come back,so it's futile.
He wouldn't have been a self insert character if had to kill Emilia for advancing the story.It would have been traumatic for him to kill the person he loves.

He gets what he wants easily.

I think you're talking about Reinhard, Subaru NEVER gets what he wants easily
Can you elaborate
Apr 16, 2021 10:18 AM

Jul 2020
Neckadia said:
Scordolo said:

Omal that's the reason half of the viewers of this show are Emilia fans,half are Rem fans.It's another garbage self insert harem

I'm not an Emilia fan,neither I am a Rem fan.I'm stating an opinion by being unbiased.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 16, 2021 10:20 AM
Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
Neckadia said:

I'm not an Emilia fan,neither I am a Rem fan.I'm stating an opinion by being unbiased.
your opinion only contained waifus nothing to discuss about
Apr 16, 2021 10:21 AM
Jun 2014
And Rem is so much better? Why does she even love Subaru? No sure? Thought as much. Where shipping is concerned this story is pretty crap.
Apr 16, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2020
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:
Can you elaborate?

"dying over and over again" is not an easy thing to do

Bruh leave him.He always denies an opinion against him by stating some stupid shit.
Stormen said:
And Rem is so much better? Why does she even love Subaru? No sure? Thought as much. Where shipping is concerned this story is pretty crap.

Yeah,seems like everyone forgot Rem killed Subaru many times.The confession was also pretty much I don't know how to say this but random?
ScordoloApr 16, 2021 10:26 AM

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Apr 16, 2021 10:38 AM
Feb 2021
Scordolo said:
JeXxTaR said:

Bruh leave him.He always denies an opinion against him by stating some stupid shit.
lol unable to counter my opinion,nothing more could be expected who defends this crying simp
Apr 16, 2021 10:45 AM
Feb 2021
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:
Can you elaborate?

dying for the first time would have been painful but he returns everytime well psyically.so it's makes it futile.

Let assume crying simp loses 1 leg or 1 hand or both hands or both legs or both legs and hands and then he returns by death and he is the same ie, loses body body parts as mentioned above.

But is that the case? No

It all could have been avoided if hadn't been a simp in the first place.
Apr 16, 2021 11:40 PM
Feb 2021
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:
dying for the first time would have been painful but he returns everytime well psyically.so it's makes it futile.

Let assume crying simp loses 1 leg or 1 hand or both hands or both legs or both legs and hands and then he returns by death and he is the same ie, loses body body parts as mentioned above.

But is that the case? No

It all could have been avoided if hadn't been a simp in the first place.

No, dying is ALWAYS painful and traumatic.

Also didn't you know that losing your legs and hands is not the worst way to die? lol.
As if anyone knows that after dying they are going to come back.

I'm saying make him lose his legs/hands and continue the story from there.But is that the case?No

Everytime he comes physically well,so his death is futile.
Apr 18, 2021 3:43 AM
Feb 2021
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:

I'm saying make him lose his legs/hands and continue the story from there.But is that the case?No

For most people, the terror of the actual process of dying involves a fear of physical pain, not just the fact that they won't come back.

This is why I think people don't understand Subaru's character, Subaru is constantly getting physically hurt even when he's not dying and he has said that he's proud of his scars because they're proof of his efforts.

For most people,the terror of the actual process of dying involves a fear of physical pain,not necessarily true for all cases.Many die in sleep there is no pain,many die in accidents there is pain.
People fear death because it ends their existence.Here the MC comes back every time after dying so it's futile.when he comes back he is psysically well so whatever happened to him before his death is meaningless as he is psysically well.

But you aren't trying to understand others point of view.

Whose fault is it? He could have avoided it all if hadn't been a simp in first place.Proof of his efforts just to be with a girl.what a brilliant character.

All the things he does to please a girl not a motive of his own.He is a simp.
Apr 19, 2021 9:52 AM
Feb 2021
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:

For most people,the terror of the actual process of dying involves a fear of physical pain,not necessarily true for all cases.Many die in sleep there is no pain,many die in accidents there is pain.
People fear death because it ends their existence.Here the MC comes back every time after dying so it's futile.when he comes back he is psysically well so whatever happened to him before his death is meaningless as he is psysically well.

Whose fault is it? He could have avoided it all if hadn't been a simp in first place.Proof of his efforts just to be with a girl.what a brilliant character.

That's why I said "for most people", it's obviously not the same for all cases.

And you aren't trying to understand Subaru's character.

Again, Subaru being physically well and Subaru dying are two different things, he still can receive damage and don't die.

Actually, Subaru being in love with Emilia was a great decision, not only he matured because of that but Emilia is the only character who hasn't killed Subaru and she saved his life many times.
But that's not the case with Subaru.

I think we both see his character through different perspective.

But you aren't understanding that after dying he becomes physically well so it makes it futile.lets suppose before dying his one hand is cut and after resurrection he still doesn't have one hand.But that's not the case with him so it's futile.

I agree that Emilia is the only who hasn't killed him and saved his life many times unlike someone who is a sleeping Simp.

How many times do you want it to be repeated?he is just a simp.
Apr 20, 2021 4:33 AM
Feb 2021
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:

But you aren't understanding that after dying he becomes physically well so it makes it futile.lets suppose before dying his one hand is cut and after resurrection he still doesn't have one hand.But that's not the case with him so it's futile.

I agree that Emilia is the only who hasn't killed him and saved his life many times unlike someone who is a sleeping Simp.

You should watch season 2 if you think he's still a simp lol
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:

You should watch season 2 if you think he's still a simp lol
Doing everything for a girl, doesn't have a motive of own.
Apr 20, 2021 6:57 AM
Feb 2021
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:
Doing everything for a girl, doesn't have a motive of own.

What are you talking about?
Nothing like re zero is about..............................
Apr 20, 2021 5:52 PM
Nov 2020
I love Subaru from S1.
In my opinion, the character is made realistically in my opinion and all those who say they hate this fictional character, I suggest that they visit their trusted psychologist.
Apr 20, 2021 6:12 PM
Nov 2020
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:
Nothing like re zero is about..............................

...............What do you mean?

Friend it is useless to continue arguing with people who are unable to understand. Stop doing it or your IQ will drop dramatically.
Apr 21, 2021 12:46 AM
Feb 2021
JeXxTaR said:
unafruta said:

Friend it is useless to continue arguing with people who are unable to understand. Stop doing it or your IQ will drop dramatically.

Yeah, I can't even take that guy seriously anymore.
yeah same I never took that crying simp seriously
Apr 21, 2021 9:54 PM
Jul 2020
I vote for neutral, the MC is nothing special. Just some person who only likes to help the girls in their needs. But if there was a gender equality in this anime, then hell yeah he would have been in my second favourite after Kazuma.
Nov 23, 2021 9:07 AM
Oct 2020
Taizaki-han said:
I vote for neutral, the MC is nothing special. Just some person who only likes to help the girls in their needs. But if there was a gender equality in this anime, then hell yeah he would have been in my second favourite after Kazuma.

Subaru literally have gender equality lmao , Subaru drop kick elsa in the loot house . Dont you remember . Subaru doesn't simp for emilia because she a female , subaru simp for her because she help him
Dec 10, 2021 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
This post proves that people know little of what they're talking about
Dec 10, 2021 7:52 PM
Mar 2021
Swagernator said:
Nothing at all, he's your typical edgy, harem, isekai protagonist for selfinserts.

Also can we please stop making threads based on shitty youtubers ? This is MAL i believe that the level of discussion is higher than that of a youtube community.
Really? That's all you see in this show?
Dec 20, 2021 6:25 AM
Jul 2020
Cuz he is f#@king cringe.
Dec 20, 2021 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
Cringe awful simp for an ugly female character and takes the worst decisions. Even a 12 year old me would take better decisions than him
Dec 21, 2021 7:12 AM

May 2021
Pretty sure most of the people here would actually do even worse than Subaru if they were in his place. That just shows how much more awful most people in here are than Subaru.

Sep 30, 2023 12:09 PM
Sep 2023
Reply to Neckadia
JeXxTaR said:
Neckadia said:

For most people, the terror of the actual process of dying involves a fear of physical pain, not just the fact that they won't come back.

This is why I think people don't understand Subaru's character, Subaru is constantly getting physically hurt even when he's not dying and he has said that he's proud of his scars because they're proof of his efforts.

@Neckadia God, you don't know what mental health is like, a man can be completely healthy physically but mentally broken. Yes, mentally, let's forget about episode 7-8 where he was very afraid of Rem or where he asked himself to be perfect, which almost broke him, let's forget episode 15, where he was in a Catholic state, let's forget episode 16-17, where he became even worse mentally and became an even bigger asshole let's forget episode 18 where it completely broke him let's forget season 2 part 1 where he wanted to take all the pain on himself because he thought he was useless, this is also mentally broken if you don't know psychology then please don't say that he is not mentally broken because physical integrity is not in the same way that mental integrity, physical acts on feelings of pain, mental acts spiritually, that is, remembering all the pain or seeing how your parents or friends die, and so on, everything connected with the concept of other people's feelings
Apr 2, 3:05 PM

Mar 2024
Subaru starts off as immature and self-centered. He whines a lot and think he's deserving of a hero's welcome despite being an ordinary guy. You expect him to grow as story continues but no, he stays being whiny and entitled. I'm sure they intended him to being unlikable to start. But they just failed to make him overcome his flaws and grow as a character. He's a bad MC befitting a bad anime.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

32 by KuyaC »»
Today, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.