New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 16, 2018 4:42 PM

Jul 2017
So far I think Serial Experiments Lain had the biggest impact
Aug 17, 2018 7:24 AM

Jan 2017
There are many but the one that comes to mind now is in Fate/Zero when
That's one of the most nihilistic scenes in anime which I thank Gen Urobuchi for.

Living in a corrupt country, that scene has opened my mind, because no matter how many corrupt leaders you eliminate, another one will appear and laugh in your face.

Another scene, or rather concept can be found in Shiki, when Kirishiki takes refuge in a church and says she can stay in it despite being a vampire because the church doesnt feel like one anymore. How true that the church has lost its meaning because of priests following their own interests/gains.

Third scene, in the beginning of Tania the Evil, Tania explains that when a society has everything that it needs (be it technology, food, medical facilities) it looses interest in the concept of God, because God gives people hope, but to the people that for some reason do not have their needs fulfilled by the society. Such is the case in my country where many have lost hope and turn to somewhat radical Christianity to fill the void.

These last two characters/opinions were voiced by Aoi Yuki which I like. I know she reads from a script but I would like to know one day what views she has on such matters as she seems to voice smart characters with smart dialogues.
Aug 17, 2018 5:47 PM

Mar 2018
There are a lot of psychological anime, but honestly the ones that have changed my PERSPECTIVE the most are SoL shows.

Clannad:After Story is the best and most beautiful anime has had to offer, and it made me rethink how I value life and family and friends, made me rethink my perception of growing up, and made me appreciate society more.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru, on the other hand, made me rethink my perception of society in a more negative way, and really made me question daily human motives and actions, and whether a true relationship can really exist.

Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho (A Place Further Than the Universe) made me more appreciative of life, the oppurtunities we have, and the time we have to make the most of the oppurtunities we get, to do something truly special.
Aug 17, 2018 6:43 PM

Jun 2013
Literally Hunter X Hunter or i would say i got a little bit more cautious about stuff and i always think before acting i mean i was never a reckless person but sometimes i do stuff without thinking in all possible scenarios i just think in one or two scenarios when in fact there are like 5 possible scenarios or more, it may sound lame but hxh helped me on that matter.
BenXBlack93Aug 17, 2018 6:47 PM
Aug 17, 2018 6:46 PM

Jul 2017
Monster changed most of my views on reality
Aug 17, 2018 6:52 PM

Oct 2013
Aug 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Dec 2017
Anime in general has made me realize real girls can't compete with 2D girls. Ever since this revelation I've been stricken with grief.
Aug 17, 2018 7:44 PM

May 2018
Probably Ashita no joe, shiki and 5 cm per second.
As for manga, Nana for sure.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

28 by LenRea »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 6 hours ago

24 by Ricchan__ »»
25 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 2 hours ago

11 by Horizon248 »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.