Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 1, 2018 3:26 AM
May 2017
Now that the midquel Steins;Gate 0 between the original Steins;Gate episode 23 and 24 come out already, I wonder if they would ever make a midquel to explain the Suzuha that came from the Future in the Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. It would be nice to see how Kurisu deal with the problem and the alternative future of the Steins;Gate worldline.
May 1, 2018 4:15 AM

Nov 2015
In the first half of 2014, a true sequel light novel called Steins;Gate - Committee of Antimatter was announced. It was supposed to take place right after the original Steins;Gate's ending, but was cancelled. Instead, March 2015 saw the announcement of S;G 0 VN, whose conception was inspired by the Epigraph trilogy. It's marketed as a "true sequel" despite its story happening within the first Steins;Gate itself.

But let's go back to the cancelled light novel, this would-be sequel, if it weren't cancelled, it would be the first non-VN title to belong to the official Steins;Gate canon. Its synopsis was like this: "Okabe sees Suzuha, who should not exist in the Steins Gate world line, but why is she here?"

Now I want to bring up an important point. Okabe is shocked that Suzuha is in the Steins Gate world line... but didn't the movie already show that?

To simplify my point: Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu is not part of the canon. It's an anime original, unlike the original series which was adapted from the VN.
Personally, I think the movie is just created to continue to cater to the Steins;Gate anime community.

To date: Only Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 belong to the official canon. And if you want to dig deeper, you're welcome to SciADV and SVN! Look them up.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2018 5:04 AM

Jul 2016
i hope not
another midquel will be an obvious milking
and will hurt the franchise itself

let it age with grace to become classic time travel stories of all time years later
May 1, 2018 6:46 AM
May 2017
AX3M said:
In the first half of 2014, a true sequel light novel called Steins;Gate - Committee of Antimatter was announced. It was supposed to take place right after the original Steins;Gate's ending, but was cancelled. Instead, March 2015 saw the announcement of S;G 0 VN, whose conception was inspired by the Epigraph trilogy. It's marketed as a "true sequel" despite its story happening within the first Steins;Gate itself.

But let's go back to the cancelled light novel, this would-be sequel, if it weren't cancelled, it would be the first non-VN title to belong to the official Steins;Gate canon. Its synopsis was like this: "Okabe sees Suzuha, who should not exist in the Steins Gate world line, but why is she here?"

Now I want to bring up an important point. Okabe is shocked that Suzuha is in the Steins Gate world line... but didn't the movie already show that?

To simplify my point: Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu is not part of the canon. It's an anime original, unlike the original series which was adapted from the VN.
Personally, I think the movie is just created to continue to cater to the Steins;Gate anime community.

To date: Only Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0 belong to the official canon. And if you want to dig deeper, you're welcome to SciADV and SVN! Look them up.

I was kind of said when first known that the movie is non-canon, but the movie and OVA satus has never been officiallly declared anyway. Both the novel with the movie have the same event, which is the appearance of Suzuha. So I think that the movie is still Canon. It messed a bit with the time travel theory but there are many plot holes that could be explained rather than being completely ignored and declared non-canon, it is just that the author doesn't come up with the satisfying arguments. And because The committee of antimatter was scraped, as I suppose due to its clash with the notion of Okabe and Kurisu still not together after all these years, the movie may somehow be a part of the author future in the series. I don't think that after all his effort in saving Kurisu then they would not proceed their relation ship further like in the OVA and the movie as it is so weird.
May 1, 2018 6:47 AM
May 2017
7th-Archangel said:
i hope not
another midquel will be an obvious milking
and will hurt the franchise itself

let it age with grace to become classic time travel stories of all time years later

Fate series and Star Wars are being milked to death due to their success anyway. If Steins;Gate 0 goes viral, I expect we would see a lot of Kurisu hentai in years to come lol.
May 1, 2018 7:03 AM
Mar 2017
I think time travel has been explored thoroughly so there's no point in another Steins;Gate, however the fight is far from over and S;G characters will come back for Robotics;DaSH.

edit : I forgot to add that there's still plenty of Steins;Gate material that they could adapt, LBP could be an OAV and Ouroboros and Arclight should imo make it to S;G0. There's also the Gamma attractor field.
dhflauhe28376May 1, 2018 7:06 AM
May 1, 2018 9:25 AM

Mar 2014
I kind of doubt it. I'd really really love to see Committee of Antimatter come back as a VN though. It would be a perfect close to the story and transition into the broader SciAdv series.

May 1, 2018 9:32 AM
Jan 2018
I would love to see an OVA adaptation of The Distant Valhalla (there's an animated version from a pachinko machine but it has little to do with the original story). It's a surprisingly neat little story which provides an interesting what-if scenario. There are other interesting side stories which might make for interesting OVAs, like from Linear Bounded Phenogram and the mangas.
I would really like the already announced S;G0 OVA to be a spiritual sequel of sorts to Egoistic Poriomania. And they should confirm that Maho and Okabe also meet in the Steins Gate World Line. That would make me very happy indeed.
I'm not sure if S;G should get a full-on, proper sequel set in the Steins Gate World Line, R;N DaSH involvement aside. I think the movie, despite not being canon, provides a nice farewell to the characters, which are very well written. The problem is that it would be difficult to create a plot which would feel like a continuation of the series without cheapening the end of the original story.
May 1, 2018 11:08 PM

Nov 2015
Takros_Knonnar said:
AX3M said:

[1] I was kind of said when first known that the movie is non-canon, but the movie and OVA satus has never been officiallly declared anyway. [2] Both the novel with the movie have the same event, which is the appearance of Suzuha. [3] So I think that the movie is still Canon. It messed a bit with the time travel theory but there are many plot holes that could be explained rather than being completely ignored and declared non-canon, it is just that the author doesn't come up with the satisfying arguments. [4] And because The committee of antimatter was scraped, as I suppose due to its clash with the notion of Okabe and Kurisu still not together after all these years, the movie may somehow be a part of the author future in the series. [5] I don't think that after all his effort in saving Kurisu then they would not proceed their relation ship further like in the OVA and the movie as it is so weird.
1. Yes, the canonicities of the movie and the OVA were never confirmed.
2. But no, the cancelled novel and the movie were never the same in the synopsis part, other than Suzuha's appearance. The movie is definitely about Okabe's disappearance and parallel world lines. The novel is not about that, plus, the novel is also supposed to take place some years after the original S;G story ended, the characters are grownup and look much different from their original designs.
3. No, the movie is still mostly not canon because it explicitly breaks the fundamentals of world lines. It cannot be explained further for the movie already explains it itself.
4. Nope, CoA was cancelled due to "production issues" or something similar to that. And the author of the movie's story is definitely NOT the same one as the authors of the S;G VN upon which the S;G anime was based
5. That's what we call 'milking'. It was not in the source material, unlike the S;G and S;G 0 series which are from the VNs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2018 1:57 AM
Jan 2015
There are possibilities for another Anime, as there exist two Fan Discs of Steins;Gate , Linear Bounded Phenogram which contains short stories connected (in one way or another xD) to the main story, especially Kurisu's story ...I'd really like to see that animated 😍
And a dating sim spinoff with clichee but funny entertaining romance stories

I actually wouldn't mind if they milk those too xD
Can't get enough of the comedy aspects in S;G
May 2, 2018 8:52 AM
May 2017
Katiica4869 said:
There are possibilities for another Anime, as there exist two Fan Discs of Steins;Gate , Linear Bounded Phenogram which contains short stories connected (in one way or another xD) to the main story, especially Kurisu's story ...I'd really like to see that animated 😍
And a dating sim spinoff with clichee but funny entertaining romance stories

I actually wouldn't mind if they milk those too xD
Can't get enough of the comedy aspects in S;G

Yah true I love to see them happen as well. Hope S;G 0 will be successful enough for these sequels and spin off
May 2, 2018 8:55 AM
May 2017
ElPsyKongroo22 said:
I kind of doubt it. I'd really really love to see Committee of Antimatter come back as a VN though. It would be a perfect close to the story and transition into the broader SciAdv series.

I don't know, the background of the Committee of Antimater seems too normal, like it recycle the whole sad future stuff again and have Suzuha to come back. I mean this is the Steins Gate world line, the time machine will not exist and she may not come back. And the relatioship between the 2 tsunderes are still suck, like wtf. It seems a bit repetitive to the original S;G. I hope they would make some better plot for the transition to the broader SciAdv series
May 2, 2018 9:04 AM
May 2017
AX3M said:
Takros_Knonnar said:

[1] I was kind of said when first known that the movie is non-canon, but the movie and OVA satus has never been officiallly declared anyway. [2] Both the novel with the movie have the same event, which is the appearance of Suzuha. [3] So I think that the movie is still Canon. It messed a bit with the time travel theory but there are many plot holes that could be explained rather than being completely ignored and declared non-canon, it is just that the author doesn't come up with the satisfying arguments. [4] And because The committee of antimatter was scraped, as I suppose due to its clash with the notion of Okabe and Kurisu still not together after all these years, the movie may somehow be a part of the author future in the series. [5] I don't think that after all his effort in saving Kurisu then they would not proceed their relation ship further like in the OVA and the movie as it is so weird.
2. But no, the cancelled novel and the movie were never the same in the synopsis part, other than Suzuha's appearance. The movie is definitely about Okabe's disappearance and parallel world lines. The novel is not about that, plus, the novel is also supposed to take place some years after the original S;G story ended, the characters are grownup and look much different from their original designs.
3. No, the movie is still mostly not canon because it explicitly breaks the fundamentals of world lines. It cannot be explained further for the movie already explains it itself.
4. Nope, CoA was cancelled due to "production issues" or something similar to that. And the author of the movie's story is definitely NOT the same one as the authors of the S;G VN upon which the S;G anime was based
5. That's what we call 'milking'. It was not in the source material, unlike the S;G and S;G 0 series which are from the VNs.

Dude they are milking it too much with all the side story and spin off from the company of the creator already, it doesn't matter much if they milk it more. Nobody knows why the novel is cancel, but I definitely see the weird relationship problem and the repetitive context of having Suzuha back and Okabe to save the day boring. And why bothering about canon and non canon stuff and travelling theory that much. This is a work of fiction, non of them is real, so anything is possible, even the S;G 0 which is canon scraps the original travelling theory as well when Amadeus has the memory of another world line in the Maho route. Also if that the committee of antimater is canon, then why Suzuha reappear? this is the S;G world line, the time machine will not exist and she may not come back, but the creator allows her to come back. Anything is possible within the imagination of the creator. People should accept that as long as the original company issue it, the creator accept it and it is something fresh, it is canon.
May 2, 2018 9:06 AM
May 2017
hack_the_gate said:
I think time travel has been explored thoroughly so there's no point in another Steins;Gate, however the fight is far from over and S;G characters will come back for Robotics;DaSH.

edit : I forgot to add that there's still plenty of Steins;Gate material that they could adapt, LBP could be an OAV and Ouroboros and Arclight should imo make it to S;G0. There's also the Gamma attractor field.

Yah I want to see the alternative attractor field as well, that would be a nice addition to the S;G universe
May 2, 2018 11:25 PM

Nov 2015
Takros_Knonnar said:
AX3M said:

Dude they are milking it too much with all the side story and spin off from the company of the creator already, it doesn't matter much if they milk it more. [1]Nobody knows why the novel is cancel, but I definitely see the weird relationship problem and the repetitive context of having Suzuha back and Okabe to save the day boring. And why bothering about canon and non canon stuff and travelling theory that much. [2]This is a work of fiction, non of them is real, so anything is possible, even the S;G 0 which is canon scraps the original travelling theory as well when Amadeus has the memory of another world line in the Maho route. [3]Also if that the committee of antimater is canon, then why Suzuha reappear? [4]this is the S;G world line, the time machine will not exist and she may not come back, but the creator allows her to come back. [5]Anything is possible within the imagination of the creator. People should accept that as long as the original company issue it, the creator accept it and it is something fresh, it is canon.
1. Yeah I was wrong lol. They actually said "various circumstances", rather than "production issues". Sorry about that.
2. Can you elaborate on Amadeus having memories from a different world line in the Maho route? I'm sorry I forgot. (But I'm pretty sure it's not about parallel world lines lol.. there must be an explanation for that to make sense and not break the rules of world lines, unlike the movie)
3. If CoA was indeed pushed on (and became canon), then it would directly contradict the events happened in the movie. Okabe meets Suzuha for the first time in the Steins Gate world line in 2016 (in the novel), whilst in the movie, she's right there just a year after Okabe reached Steins Gate. Thus, the movie should be non-canon.
4. I don't remember anyone or anything from the VN or any Steins;Gate media stating that no time machine can't exist in the Steins Gate world line. What's only said is that its future is unknowable because it's a world line from an entirely new and different attractor field (unlike Alpha and Beta). Suzuha making a time machine (SG) =/= WW3 time machine race (Beta)
5. Except that the movie was not created by the same author(s).
May 10, 2020 8:31 PM
Feb 2020
Takros_Knonnar said:
I wonder if they would ever make a midquel to explain the Suzuha that came from the Future in the Steins;Gate Movie: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu. It would be nice to see how Kurisu deal with the problem and the alternative future of the Steins;Gate worldline.

They already make one but only audio drama. Steins;Gate Drama CD A Posteriori Existence

search youtube for english sub
May 10, 2020 8:32 PM

May 2020
Please no steins gate is so bad imo.
RATE MY ELITE ANIME TASTE
Jun 2, 2020 2:55 PM
Apr 2016
There will not be any other steins gate VN/anime. The author said it.
Jun 2, 2020 5:07 PM

May 2016
Franck_Nicolas said:

Oh boi... He said that too in 2010. And then, Steins;Gate 0 released :D

Never believe to Chiyomaru!

Logically, there will be a new Steins;Gate at some point, since Steins;Gate is the biggest trademark in the SciADV franchise. It makes the most money.
-
Jun 5, 2020 3:07 AM
Apr 2016
SheevPalpatine said:
Franck_Nicolas said:

Logically, there will be a new Steins;Gate at some point, since Steins;Gate is the biggest trademark in the SciADV franchise. It makes the most money.

Also Chiyomaru sold the studio but i don t know if he sold steins gate rights.

So maybe the new studio will create something but i higly doubt it
Jun 5, 2020 3:16 AM

May 2016
Franck_Nicolas said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Also Chiyomaru sold the studio but i don t know if he sold steins gate rights.

So maybe the new studio will create something but i higly doubt it

Chiyomaru is still in charge. This is a similar story to Marvel and Star Wars. Disney owns MCU and Lucasfilm, but Kevin Feige is in charge for MCU and Kathleen Kennedy is in charge for Lucasfilm.

Colopl owns Mages Inc, but Chiyomaru is still in charge for Mages.
-
Jun 5, 2020 2:06 PM
Apr 2016
ok then it s a good news ^^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.