Forum Settings
Forums

Have you ever wanted to re-watch something you practically just finished?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 25, 2018 9:23 AM

Mar 2018
MistLiigh said:

shazbotian said:
Also @MistLiigh I'm glad you liked Houseki no Kuni! Such a great show. Surprisingly, I haven't rewatched it yet. I'm hoping it comes out on blu-ray, in which case I'll watch it right away!

Right?! At the time I was between HnK and Inuyashiki for my #1 anime of the Fall 2017 season, but looking back and seeing what's stuck in my mind the most, I think I have to give it to HnK probably for the whole year, with Made in Abyss being the biggest competition for that title.

Yeah, HnK was my pick for AotY. While I have to admit that Made in Abyss was better from a technical perspective, I enjoyed HnK more. Made in Abyss just made me cringe too much... :-/
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Apr 25, 2018 9:39 AM

Oct 2017
Made in Abyss and Grimgar are two of the only cases.

I think is more to do with atmosphere, music, and art-style that makes me want to rewatch within a short gap of time frame.

The story is also pretty straight forward without too much distraction, overarching plot.
Apr 25, 2018 9:42 AM
Nov 2017
i rewatched death note 3 months after finishing it lol
Apr 25, 2018 9:48 AM
Jan 2015
I rewatched Smartphone 3 weeks after finishing it because I wanted to hear how it was dubbed. The dub is actually pretty decent.
Apr 25, 2018 9:54 AM

Jan 2018
After finishing Steins;Gate i re-watched the last episode like 3 times i think, but i guess that doesn't really count lol, i have wanted to rewatch a whole show right after finishing it but i haven't done it yet, i probably won't though, i feel like it spoils it.
Apr 25, 2018 9:55 AM

Apr 2017
MistLiigh said:
@Tasel I just want to say there are some great shows in that list. A few weren't for me as much, but most of them I would totally be up to re-watching if I had all the time in the world lol.

Yeah, I wish I could re-watch a lot more but there's not enough time, and there's a lot of other good shows I want to watch.
There's always a conflict between wanting to watch something new or re-watching something I loved.
cunnysseur
Apr 25, 2018 10:37 AM

Sep 2011
shazbotian said:
MistLiigh said:

Right?! At the time I was between HnK and Inuyashiki for my #1 anime of the Fall 2017 season, but looking back and seeing what's stuck in my mind the most, I think I have to give it to HnK probably for the whole year, with Made in Abyss being the biggest competition for that title.

Yeah, HnK was my pick for AotY. While I have to admit that Made in Abyss was better from a technical perspective, I enjoyed HnK more. Made in Abyss just made me cringe too much... :-/

That's fair, as incredible as Made in Abyss is, there are parts that are just not for everyone. I'd say both shows were incredible from a technical perspective though: they both have brilliant soundtracks and fantastic writing, the big difference in judging them technically I'd say comes in the visuals. Made in Abyss was definitely a brilliantly animated show and in the end probably looks better in most people's opinions... but the type of CG HnK was working with is still pretty young in Japan, and most of the CG we see in anime (outside of super high-budget movies for well-established franchises) tends to make it pretty obvious how young the technique really is there. So while Made in Abyss might have the edge in looks on an absolute scale, on a relative scale HnK pushes its medium vastly farther, and is a triumph for CG anime right down to being the perfect choice of property to work with CG's strengths and weaknesses, while also just being a great story with great characters whether it's animated or not. Regardless, I wouldn't fault anyone for picking either show as their AotY, both are deserving of the recognition and it really just comes down to personal preference.

Tasel said:
MistLiigh said:
@Tasel I just want to say there are some great shows in that list. A few weren't for me as much, but most of them I would totally be up to re-watching if I had all the time in the world lol.

Yeah, I wish I could re-watch a lot more but there's not enough time, and there's a lot of other good shows I want to watch.
There's always a conflict between wanting to watch something new or re-watching something I loved.

The classic struggle of being required to have a life outside of anime... Never enough time to watch everything you want to see, let alone re-live your favorites without extra incentive.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Apr 25, 2018 11:58 AM

Mar 2016
MistLiigh said:

Katsuo_ said:
Yup. I re-warched Land of the Lustrous too right after my first viewing of the show. I did the same with Haikyuu, Hajime no Ippo, Higurash S1, RWBY and Death Note.

Higurashi (especially S1) is one of my favorites and one of the few shows I've re-watched solely for enjoyment without a new season on the horizon or friends to share it with, and I've watched a lot of other shows just trying to find something that can scratch that same itch. About the closest I've ever found was its sister-series Umineko, which unfortunately didn't do well enough to get a second season... and in the end, the itch it scratched was subtly different. And yeah, I can't even tell you how many times I've watched some of the seasons of RWBY...

I had seen 150+ shows at the time of watching Higurashi but it was unlike every anime I’d seen at that point. Another reason for re-watching the series so quickly was because of all the context I got from S2.

I’ve rewatched RWBY Volume 1 to 3 more than 10 times I think....haha im crazy.
I unfortunately didn’t enjoy V4 and V5 nearly as much as the first few. I’m kinda losing interest in the series at this point. It feels like everything that made the first 3 volumes special is gone now.

Apr 25, 2018 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
Katsuo_ said:
MistLiigh said:

Higurashi (especially S1) is one of my favorites and one of the few shows I've re-watched solely for enjoyment without a new season on the horizon or friends to share it with, and I've watched a lot of other shows just trying to find something that can scratch that same itch. About the closest I've ever found was its sister-series Umineko, which unfortunately didn't do well enough to get a second season... and in the end, the itch it scratched was subtly different. And yeah, I can't even tell you how many times I've watched some of the seasons of RWBY...

I had seen 150+ shows at the time of watching Higurashi but it was unlike every anime I’d seen at that point. Another reason for re-watching the series so quickly was because of all the context I got from S2.

I’ve rewatched RWBY Volume 1 to 3 more than 10 times I think....haha im crazy.
I unfortunately didn’t enjoy V4 and V5 nearly as much as the first few. I’m kinda losing interest in the series at this point. It feels like everything that made the first 3 volumes special is gone now.

Yessss, the main reason Onikakushi-hen is my favorite arc of basically anything is the context added to it by the later parts of the series, which completely changes the entire story of that arc to be somehow even more chilling and twisted. I've never seen anything in any medium pull a similar trick so effectively and succinctly.

I understand that feeling with RWBY... and I think a big part of it is the shift in scale and scope. These past 2 seasons have gotten too broad and stretched across too many different threads, but hopefully given where we're at in the story now V6 may be able to at least fix the too many threads problem. The scale can never go back now that they've made it a big global thing, but here's hoping that a more focused story will mitigate that.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Apr 25, 2018 12:41 PM

Feb 2010
Only a couple times and even tho I don't watch that many movies it happens mostly with movies cause it's more feasible to watch them twice in a short amount of time. I did it with Sin City way back, I wanted to do it with Birdman and Gravity too.

The longest example where I more or less did that was Steven Universe and I could probably go for more rewatches at any point if I find someone to watch it with me who hasn't seen it yet.

In anime I don't think I've ever done it. I usually wait years before I rewatch even my favorites, but I guess a couple of times it ended up being considerably less time than that so those cases could count. Ping Pong, Tatami Galaxy, Nodame Cantabile come to mind.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 25, 2018 2:03 PM

Jan 2017
Toaru Majutsu no Index and Railgun and Rakudai Kishi.
Apr 25, 2018 3:17 PM

Jul 2017
only recently with kimi no nawa, but it's a movie and it's short compared to series so I'd say Hxh, that I then rewatched some month later and am planning to re rewatch in about 6months-1year
Apr 25, 2018 3:41 PM

May 2014
Mirai said:
I started rewatching the first season of Osomatsu-san while it was still airing :'D

Same here :3 I also re-watched it a few times when it finished airing. It's an anime i never get tired of~
Apr 25, 2018 3:49 PM

Jun 2016
I immediately re-watched after finishing:
- Steins;Gate: to understand in detail what happened
- Texnholyze: because I missed something at the first view
- Boogiepop Phantom: to try to understand something, without success (still a wonderful show)
Apr 25, 2018 10:34 PM
Sep 2017
Chaos;Head. But gave up my funimation account (I prefer subs), so won't be any time soon.
Last two episodes of Strike the Blood I - awesome ending to the series, leaves things open to develop but still very satisfying ending
Apr 25, 2018 10:45 PM
Mar 2018
TWGOK in my case, still sad no season 4 for this.
Apr 25, 2018 11:00 PM

Aug 2017
I don't rewatch much because the first time experience is always the best but in case of rewatching I already know what's about to happen the enjoyment kind of dwindles for me but I did rewatch SNK and Fate/Zero once though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Have you ever felt so satisfied after finishing certain anime that you don't even want its sequel?

Rinrinka - Apr 12

39 by bucciest »»
2 minutes ago

» Do i have to put a show i ranked 10/10 in my favorites?

FarWalker - Apr 22

40 by bucciest »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

4 by Ex-Aid »»
4 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 38 minutes ago

9 by Ex-Aid »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 5 hours ago

20 by luckyrune »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.