Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2018 5:43 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Wolverine lady (the mother of the sisters?) is easily the most surprising thing from this viewing.
May 14, 2019 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
I got a little confused on the relationship between the sisters. I know mother and the imouto that gets heat are related to one another. I dunno who the father is tho and who the other 2 sisters mother's are.
May 17, 2019 3:00 PM
May 2019
I registered just now for this post. Let me explain the Arima family relationship so it'll be easier to understand.

Here are the characters:

Arima Kazuya - Father, head priest
Arima Hagiri - Mother, blue/indigo? hair

Arima Suzuka - Eldest Daughter, black hair, hime-cut
Arima Mizuki - Second Daugther, violet hair, ribbon
Arima Yuzu - Youngest Daughter, white hair, bells

"Shin" - The wandering monk

Now for the genealogy:

Kazuya had a first wife named Sakuya, who gave birth to his daughter Suzuka when she was still alive.

Hagiri is the daughter of a monk named Shin.

Kazuya later married Hagiri as his second wife, who gave birth to his daughter Mizuki. Yes, Kazuya had two wives at the time and Sakuya was still alive when he married Hagiri.

Some time after Kazuya married Hagiri, Shin raped Sakuya. (imagine having sex with another wife of your daughter's husband).

This resulted to Sakuya giving birth to Yuzu, which is Shin's daughter.

Here's what it now looks like:

Hagiri and Sakuya shares the same husband.
Kazuya got cucked by his father-in-law.
Kazuya took care of Yuzu as a daughter while being his sister-in-law at the same time.
Since Sakuya passed away, Hagiri assumed the role of mother for Yuzu, who is also her younger sister.

Mizuki is Shin's granddaughter.

Mizuki and Yuzu are still blood-related, but not actual sisters since they don't share parents. Mizuki treats Yuzu as a younger sister, without knowing that Yuzu is her aunt at the same time.
Suzuka and Yuzu are blood-related. Suzuka and Yuzu are half-sisters who share the same mother.
Suzuka and Mizuki are blood-related. Suzuka and Mizuki are half-sisters who share the same father.

Suzuka treats Yuzu kindly. My guess on this is because Yuzu is also a victim just like their mother Sakuya of Shin's carnal sin.
Suzuka treats Mizuki strictly and harshly. My guess on this is because of how spoiled she acts, and how their father is soft on Mizuki, all the while she as the eldest is burdened with shrine work.
Kazuya seems to pamper Mizuki despite not being his youngest daughter (Yuzu is the youngest). The reason I see on this is because of how Mizuki is "supposedly" frail and anemic, so he always worries about her.
SakuraCircleJul 24, 2020 6:00 AM
Dec 7, 2019 5:17 AM

Nov 2015
Sudden want to looking for this.

My thought or adding-fix from SakuraCircle explain and wiki

SakuraCircle said:

Kazuya later married Hagiri as his second wife, who gave birth to his daughter Mizuki. Yes, Kazuya had two wives at the time and Sakuya was still alive when he married Hagiri.
"Kazuya married Hagiri as his second wife". My thought is that Suzuka felt her father betray mother for another woman with lead to Suzuka having bad releatship with both of them.

SakuraCircle said:

Suzuka treats Yuzu kindly. My guess on this is because Yuzu is also a victim just like their mother Sakuya of Shin's carnal sin.
Suzuka treats Mizuki strictly and harshly. My guess on this is because of how spoiled she acts, and how their father is soft on Mizuki, all the while she as the eldest is burdened with shrine work.
Kazuya seems to pamper Mizuki despite not being his youngest daughter (Yuzu is the youngest). The reason I see on this is because of how Mizuki is "supposedly" frail and anemic, so he always worries about him.
"Suzuka treats Yuzu kindly" because they are sister with same mother, moreover Yuzu is albino with lead to her social phobia.
"Suzuka treats Mizuki strictly and harshly" because Mizuki is daugther of Suzuka father second wife.
"Kazuya pamper Mizuki" because he not good with other daughters, and Yuzu is her daugther first wife and sister-in-law.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki Kagerou Episode 1 Discussion

User-san - Jan 19, 2018

4 by BetterSkatez »»
Oct 28, 2019 9:58 PM

Poll: » Tsuki Kagerou Episode 2 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 14, 2018

2 by removed-user »»
Oct 27, 2019 2:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.