Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 2010 6:37 AM

Nov 2008
In the beginning when Claire was damaged by the youma, and she had to show her flesh to Rubel, It got me wondering... what kind of thing is hidden by the Claymores? I mean, is it the remains of the youma or is it something far worse and shocking?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 25, 2010 4:21 AM
Jul 2018
I always wondered that also.
And also with Teresa and the bandits who wanted to rape her. One of them threw up when she showed her body lol.

Maybe like you said the remains of the Yoma. Maybe a nasty nasty scar that is from the "surgery" that turned them into Claymores. Maybe it's the only part of their body that is always Yoma-like and which is impossible for them to make human again.

But what is weird is that, in the scenes were some claymores end up naked, their backs seem perfectly fine. Can their backs be fine but their fronts monster-like?

Or maybe Yagi is just playing around with the people who really really wanna see these beautiful girls assets :P

That is a question that can only be answered when/if Yagi decides to show it in the futur manga chapters to come.
Mar 25, 2010 11:02 AM

Mar 2010
^^^^pretty much what i wanted to say.

not perverted?...suuuure xD

Mar 25, 2010 3:18 PM

May 2008
The part with Rubel was to inspect the stomach injury she received from the disguised youma that previously stuck a claw through her stomach.... which is understandably dangerous for an offensive type claymore.

The scene with Teresa does make you wonder... but since we've never been shown a midriff it's really difficult to say. At the very least nothing sticks out of their skin-tight suits so it must be smooth or a simple scar if there is any kind of defect there. Considering that being a hanyou allows you insane healing ability and the ability to morph your body, it's hard to imagine there being much problem fixing such a thing... and you can even explain Teresa's display as kind of a dare to the bandits where she deliberately distorted her body to make it unattractive to them -- but they were still horny bastards apparently.

So it might be there and it might not.... and even Yagi probably hasn't decided which he wants. Very cunning of him to leave it ambiguous.... :P

If you think about it, recently-made claymores probably don't have enough control over their youki to heal themselves.... so it might be like Raphaela's scar, where it's too late to heal properly after a while. You could always lop off part of your stomach again and then regenerate it later -- but not many would want to endure it just for aesthetics.
sakaMar 25, 2010 3:22 PM

I am a banana.
Mar 26, 2010 1:17 PM
Jul 2018
Sounds plausible ^^
Mar 29, 2010 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
Damn it, kayasbb..
He clearly meant that perverts like you are out of discussion!
Mar 30, 2010 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
lol
Sorry :P i forgot my place ^^
Mar 30, 2010 4:18 AM

Dec 2008
spolier --- its the head of ________ thats 40% sure

Mar 30, 2010 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
What are you talking about?
Mar 30, 2010 8:33 AM

Jun 2008
I suspect the outside of their stomach has green Yoma skin and looks a little disgusting or something like that. Is probably the place they had the Yoma inserted into them.
Apr 1, 2010 8:40 AM

Nov 2008
I agree with Monad I think its the flesh of the yoma that they used to create them... so for Clare case as an example, Teresa's face will be located near that area, plus scars and veins and such because young Clare asked Teresa herself if that hurt or not.
Apr 1, 2010 9:01 AM

Mar 2010
but you cant find any signs of scars,veins etc. if you look at their bodies while they wear their skin-tight suits. their bodies look perfect^^
so it cant be too out sticking, maybe they have just yoma skin or a huge but not too obvious scar from the transfomation

...or Yagi just wants to mess with our heads, wouldnt be too surprising.
PyrodizeApr 1, 2010 9:08 AM

Apr 2, 2010 8:32 AM
Nov 2008
Probably all reconstructed tissue, that's probably what they look like. If you have ever seen it before its pretty disgusting actually.
Apr 2, 2010 11:22 AM

Aug 2007
I think many ugly scars. :o
Apr 3, 2010 12:20 PM

Dec 2009
Talhkora said:
I think many ugly scars. :o

XD
me too
but when Claire showed her sexy body to rubel, her ass was clean , no scars or anything ugly
i wondering why!?
Apr 3, 2010 12:44 PM

Mar 2010
we allready know about their backside, the question is whats on the front? :P
...did i make it sound unperverted? =]

from what i know, her side boob looks clean too...
PyrodizeApr 5, 2010 3:13 AM

Jun 3, 2010 6:20 PM

Dec 2009
CrimsonReaper said:
I agree with Monad I think its the flesh of the yoma that they used to create them... so for Clare case as an example, Teresa's face will be located near that area, plus scars and veins and such because young Clare asked Teresa herself if that hurt or not.

That's what I think as well.
Jun 23, 2010 1:54 AM
Jun 2010
hmm well I would say I agree but... I know somewhere in the manga that their was nothing but I may be wrong

Mar 9, 2011 9:56 PM

Jan 2011
Who knows
maybe Yagi could be trolling with the perverted readers XD
"Where will a newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite" - Motoko Kusanagi
May 28, 2011 5:20 AM

Apr 2011
What if its a Yoma face saying "Hellooooooooooooo..."
Nah, but seriously I think it might be some sort skin abrasions or warping like something similar to leporsy. It kinda looks like the skin is rotting a little...
OR, Teresa temporarily changed her front into something Yoma-like just to but the Bandits off for a while.
Sep 26, 2011 10:58 AM
Sep 2011
I think it looked somthing like this what ever your symbol is is what scar you have http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-121631/claymores-bodies%3Fpg%3D1&docid=m9ldy8gouRm2IM&w=465&h=640&ei=J72ATvmrIMejtgeV_pnDCQ&zoom=1" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/imgres?q=claymore+teresa+scar&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1407&bih=676&tbm=isch&tbnid=2_lsFAZ-qa0ZPM:&imgrefurl=http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-121631/claymores-bodies%3Fpg%3D1&docid=m9ldy8gouRm2IM&w=465&h=640&ei=J72ATvmrIMejtgeV_pnDCQ&zoom=1
jay420atlSep 26, 2011 11:02 AM
Nov 5, 2011 3:08 PM

Nov 2011
Well i don't know,maybe some scars,but seems that it wasn't nice, at all, lol,do u remember when Teresa showed her boobs to the bandits?
http://view.thespectrum.net/manga/Claymore/Volume%2003/claymore_v03_121.jpg
Nov 22, 2011 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
The creators of the manga, I believe were just implying that they have very grotesque scars. Keloid scars are quite disgusting. My cousin(who is a soldier) has a giant cut on his torso from Iraq. It scarred up very hideously. It's kind of hard to look at. /doesn't look cool at all/
Nov 25, 2011 3:51 PM
Mar 2010
"It" is NOT just NOR merely (surgical from Implantation) scars:

"It" clearly defines the Claymores as INhuman, and that's why the bandits puked, but it's not that gross (such as a face on their bellies, lol), as they can become accustomed to it, as seen by Father Vincent, due to having had to bandage up Clare so long ago, which is why he didn't freak out/puke when Miata came running out naked... though he had something more captivating running after behind Miata... SEXY Clarice, in just a bathtowel... Father Vincent is a pervy old man, like Jariya is in Naruto, hehe. Also, Human Child Clare wasn't bothered by "it" at all either, lol, though she has been through a lot, so she's not really an example, lol.
Nov 27, 2011 12:20 AM
Mar 2011
An interesting thing that I noticed after watching the anime and reading the manga a few times was when Clare saved Jean from Riful's dungeon, Jean was naked there and Clare gave her the cloak she was wearing. The next scene/panel has a view of Jean wearing the cloak in such a way that you can see her body, and it was flawless!! Yes it was shadowed by the cloak, but there was nothing on her body that was even slightly distorted. I can understand why the artist may have done this for several reasons ranging from the lack of need to draw any kind of physical distortion because of the shadow the cloak casted, to the idea that if something was drawn then it may not have been "perfectly distorted" in the respect that it would not gross out fans but they would be able to understand how other characters in the Claymore universe would find it hideously grotesque.
Dec 12, 2011 3:03 PM
Mar 2010
unfortunately, there's an explanation for Jean:

she's a HA, not a Claymore.

seemingly becoming an HA removes "It" and the scars too

Do we see "It" and the scars on Awakeneds? No!

Thus, it makes sense that we see HAs with the same flawless body as Awakeneds have.
Apr 30, 2012 8:33 PM

Feb 2012
So we have the general consensus of it being a type of scar. What if it's not a scar or a face of any type but merely an illusion, a type of subconscious power of a claymore produced by the youma within each. Like an illusion or (using naruto terms genjustu type deal) not seen by other claymores or youma even but by humans only.
Jun 1, 2012 5:59 PM

Feb 2005
Well, now that we know they used pieces from one of those dragon monster creatures to make them, it's probably safe to assume that piece is reflected there somehow. Though seeing how the tight suit never reveals any unusual bulges or recesses, it's probably something with the skin texture.
Aug 4, 2012 10:07 PM

Oct 2008
after this chapter we know now what is under their clothes...a big scar..:)
Aug 6, 2012 8:59 AM
Apr 2012
It's not a big scar. It's a huge opening that doesn't heal or close up, without stitches.
Aug 6, 2012 6:56 PM

Dec 2011
And one mystery was finally solved. I was really excited to hear about it. And Clare and Raki are back, Pricilla is about to awaken, so much happened. It was a good chapter :)
Aug 11, 2012 3:29 PM

Sep 2007
It's weird though, you normally don't see any stitches or anything. If it can't heal, then the stitching should always be visible, but we've seen Clare's torso countless times and it never showed any stitching. What do you guys make of this?
Sep 9, 2012 11:26 AM

Aug 2011
A Claymore's upper body bears a stigma, a hideous deformation that frightens most people who see it. This is said to be a result of taking Yoma flesh into their bodies.
The stigma itself takes the form of a large vertical incision extending from the neck all the way down to the groin.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120802212554/claymore/images/thumb/f/f4/Stigma.jpg/150px-Stigma.jpg
Nov 20, 2012 2:01 PM

Jan 2012
I expected more as intestines going off and stuff so.

Greetings
Jul 5, 2014 9:39 AM
Nov 2013
Kayoro said:
A Claymore's upper body bears a stigma, a hideous deformation that frightens most people who see it. This is said to be a result of taking Yoma flesh into their bodies.
The stigma itself takes the form of a large vertical incision extending from the neck all the way down to the groin.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120802212554/claymore/images/thumb/f/f4/Stigma.jpg/150px-Stigma.jpg

tbh though I know there in a hurry when they first zip them up but they could at least re-due the stitching to look elegant rather than rough if the wished to.

Just by undoing one stitch at a time and then sowing that one stitch more carefully and with thinner "sting" with tighter stitching and then rinse and repeat, so it would be even stronger than the rough stitches.

And you could even make to look kinda cool depending on the sowing style at least it wouldn't be unsightly.

because it would just look like a line of material going down there bodies.
Feb 9, 2022 6:25 PM
Jan 2022
Thanks a lot kayoro for the perfect explanation about the nasty stigmata the morgue coroner stitches that the organization leaves on the poor girls scarring them for life and making it nearly impossible to lose their chastity.
Well its a japanese medieval series after all.
Thank you twice for not posting any pictures of it and i wouldnt recommend google for it either.
Take the nice explanation of the half awakened Jean who healed it as much as Priscilla the fully awakened.
Thats nicer despite the cost of the process kinda like cosmetic surgery in real life and also makes up for all the grotesque nagai go like images of yomas kakuseishas(awakened) and shinsos(abyssals) we have to endure in the anime who as usual are even grossier in the mangas.
Feb 9, 2022 6:35 PM
Jan 2022
Thanks hegemonkhan for the beautiful explanation about Jean half awakeness and also about how kakuseishas heal their stigmas.
It was very aesthetical thus welcomed in a series pervaded by the grotesque.
At least is not as gory as devilman and most nagai gos work.
Man, talk about distasteful ecchi fanservice and disgusting violence.
Even Berserk managed to mellow out a bit, all it took was for kentaro miura to perish sadly.
Thats the price to pay for some decent good ending in Japan.
Feb 19, 2022 12:21 AM
Feb 2022
I imagine whatever is underneath must be pretty gnarly. When she was nearly r-ped on of the bandits full on vomited when she revealed her mid drift. I would guess it’s some kind of nasty scar or deformation caused from when the yoma half was implanted. However, their suits look skin tight and smooth, so it mustn’t be anything too deformative. I personally imagine it as a deep, raised scar surrounded by tough yoma-like skin.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Discuss Everything You Hate About Raki ( 1 2 )

MechaMaddness - Aug 11, 2009

51 by Spirit_Tree »»
Nov 13, 2020 10:30 PM

» Is Helen underrated ?

Yugao_ - Aug 23, 2019

2 by SunWukung »»
Nov 3, 2019 6:03 PM

» New Teresa figure

BTrinidad01 - Jan 2, 2019

2 by MoFried »»
Apr 5, 2019 5:15 PM

» Favorite Claymore ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

eppyomega - Jul 26, 2007

305 by BTrinidad01 »»
Dec 29, 2018 4:31 AM

» Claymore artbook pics (not yet done)

nothing956 - Jul 15, 2010

11 by Shishio-kun »»
Dec 25, 2018 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.