Forums
Devils' Line
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2018 9:22 PM

Mar 2009
Honeyvonbunny said:
Honestly, I'm a fan of the manga because of the romantic subplot but it has enough to hold my attention besides that. Plus, I like how characters grow and everyone isnt always together and don't follow the same path which keeps things interest. I have decent expectations for the anime and hope it popularized the series but a lot of people will see it as a RIP off of Tokyo Ghoul

There is also quite a lot of comparisons to Twilight.... Though.... That seems to be the anime-only viewers. And so far the pacing in the anime is all shot to crap, compared to the manga pacing. So, that's likely why the anime only viewers are (in some (or a lot) of the cases) are throwing the twilight name around.... Its kind of annoying. People shouldn't compare either of them (I dropped Tokyo Ghoul after episode #1(I don't usually drop something after 1 episode and have no conditions of trying it another time)- its not my thing. Far too gross for me) to Devils Line.
Apr 15, 2018 11:06 PM

Jul 2012
I agree the pacing is pretty bad for the first 2 episodes compared to the manga. The directing isn't very good... But the story itself is a relatively interesting take on vampires and is quite different than Twilight and Tokyo Ghoul. Hopefully anime-only viewers will like this more after the introduction of Hans Lee.
Apr 16, 2018 9:03 AM
Sep 2016
WTF the are raping vampires, It reminds me to twilight but not so bad, at least this anime has an interesting plot, it reminds me of the first chapters of Tokyo Ghoul although this series may be better
Apr 16, 2018 9:05 AM
Sep 2016
Phoebe3315 said:
I agree the pacing is pretty bad for the first 2 episodes compared to the manga. The directing isn't very good... But the story itself is a relatively interesting take on vampires and is quite different than Twilight and Tokyo Ghoul. Hopefully anime-only viewers will like this more after the introduction of Hans Lee.
I agree , same for me but I want to give it a chance.
Apr 16, 2018 2:32 PM

Jul 2012
matiasotaku said:
WTF the are raping vampires, It reminds me to twilight but not so bad, at least this anime has an interesting plot, it reminds me of the first chapters of Tokyo Ghoul although this series may be better

You definitely should give it a chance if you generally like vampires or stories that deal with humans trying to live with demons. The beginning might not seem so good, but the next few episodes should bring a lot more interest to the story. I'm a little skeptical of this anime's quality so far as an adaptation, but if you decide you don't want to watch it anymore you should try the manga.
Apr 22, 2018 3:00 PM
Mar 2018
windeen-windy said:
Honeyvonbunny said:
Honestly, I'm a fan of the manga because of the romantic subplot but it has enough to hold my attention besides that. Plus, I like how characters grow and everyone isnt always together and don't follow the same path which keeps things interest. I have decent expectations for the anime and hope it popularized the series but a lot of people will see it as a RIP off of Tokyo Ghoul

There is also quite a lot of comparisons to Twilight.... Though.... That seems to be the anime-only viewers. And so far the pacing in the anime is all shot to crap, compared to the manga pacing. So, that's likely why the anime only viewers are (in some (or a lot) of the cases) are throwing the twilight name around.... Its kind of annoying. People shouldn't compare either of them (I dropped Tokyo Ghoul after episode #1(I don't usually drop something after 1 episode and have no conditions of trying it another time)- its not my thing. Far too gross for me) to Devils Line.

I'm dissapointed to hear the pacing is bad. I was looking forward to watching it because I liked the manga so much. Mostly for all the heavy sexual tension if I'm being honest 😂. Plus, I enjoy the character designs and the plot is passable imo.
Apr 22, 2018 6:25 PM
Sep 2017
Its is...its damn good

Apr 22, 2018 7:36 PM

Mar 2009
ThreadFazer said:
Its is...its damn good

If you think that, then you might think the manga is a masterpiece. Do you read the manga?

Honeyvonbunny said:
windeen-windy said:

I'm dissapointed to hear the pacing is bad. I was looking forward to watching it because I liked the manga so much. Mostly for all the heavy sexual tension if I'm being honest 😂. Plus, I enjoy the character designs and the plot is passable imo.

That sexual tension is good. I think they are trying to portray it with Tsukasa having dreams of being naked, and having blood trailing down her body in rivers while kissing Anzai.
Its not working so well.
Especially when they keep showing her remembering the dream, while talking to him.... It just seems to be annoying those that have, and haven't seen the manga.
Someone in the discussion for episode 3 said they couldn't like Tsukasa very much because she isn't shown having any goals. They said they wished she were shown having goals, working towards a career and going to grad school.... Or being passionate about something...
>_> ....
Yeah..... So, I posted that later on she does get passionate about something, and throws herself into it whole heartedly (and no, I don't mean Anzai- but I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read up to chapter 52) but, because it was beyond that episode, I didn't want to talk about it much.
I also told them that she is a grad student, studying humanities and geography in school at the moment in the anime (another thing they left out)...
Someone already commented that its a shame that was left out. I agree.
Its the small things like that that are left out, that give people such a bad impression of her as a character... And the series as w whole. I'm mad at them for doing such a crap job at explaining/depicting things.
Sorry for the minni-rant.
I've been haunting the episode discussion threads (when I have time) to try and fill in info that was left out, if people comment on it. Someone thought that she had been shot when Anzai was in her apartment, and wondered why he didn't attack her (never mind, he was fighting against that)... I pointed out that she hadn't been shot in the manga.
Most of the blood on her was from Anzai. She was just cut on the face by the flying shards of glass, and that was only where she was bleeding...
If I was the mangaka- I'd really, REALLY be seriously PO'ed at what they were doing with my story.

Side note: just to alert anyone who likes the manga- crunchyroll has published manga chapters 53-58 (I think) on their site.
The chapters can't be accessed, except by paying members. I can't afford to join, right now, though.
Hopefully someone will be posting it elsewhere so I can read it.
When I can, I will deffinately buy the volumes, though.

Apr 22, 2018 11:24 PM
Nov 2017
Seems kinda gay to me bro.

wontwatch/10

Apr 23, 2018 2:53 PM

Mar 2009
The biggest joke is that sorry excuse of a synopsis. I posted a re-write for the anime and the manga synopsis. So far it hasn't been approved or rejected.
But I know the mods for that part of the site are really swamped. Its a laugh that both of those synopses give the impression that the government knows nothing about the vampires.
Its clear from chapter 2- on, that at least PARTS of the government know.
If they knew nothing, there wouldn't be laws and regulations for the vampires.....
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

25 by hellokittyluv23 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2018

140 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

184 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:18 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

26 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.