Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 22, 2018 3:17 AM

Aug 2009
Catalano said:
So that means no more: people die if they are killed sentence.
Shirou doesnt have Avalon's perk anymore so yeah.
May 22, 2018 6:12 AM

Nov 2013
Kumagawa_mei said:
Botato said:
I haven't finished reading your post, don't plan on responding to all of it anyway because it's 2 AM rn and I'm tired af.

But really, if we're still talking about this then we're just going around in circles and there's literally no reason to bother going forward.

What the fuck was Kiritsugu's wish again?

Wait, could it actually be.... Hold on, was it... "I'll save everyone"

OMG. What a shocking twist.

have a chill pill brah, tf are you expecting from lesser secondaries
Pls.

I am perfectly zen.
May 22, 2018 2:07 PM

Oct 2017
astroprogs said:
@Aardwolf94 BTW you should really watch the Oath Under the Snow movie. It explores Shirou's character the closest to the VN and what he actually is like.

Oath Under the Snow's atmosphere is like HF and Zero in a blender (look at the rating). It has no fanservice and is 100% serious. For me, it's pretty much the best Fate adaptation since Zero.

I may do that, definitely wasn't a fan of the previous Illya anime though and I haven't watched all seasons.
May 22, 2018 2:10 PM

Oct 2017
Botato said:
Aardwolf94 said:
Still a bit naive though but I think Shirou's "I'll save everyone" bs is worse.
I haven't finished reading your post, don't plan on responding to all of it anyway because it's 2 AM rn and I'm tired af.

But really, if we're still talking about this then we're just going around in circles and there's literally no reason to bother going forward.

Yeah but he realized that he couldn't do it, thats why he started to believe in the grail. Shirou keeps believing he can save everyone and is never really challenged with any harsh situations that would really make him reflect on his dumb ideals.
May 22, 2018 2:10 PM

Oct 2017
Botato said:
Aardwolf94 said:
Still a bit naive though but I think Shirou's "I'll save everyone" bs is worse.

Yeah but he realized that he couldn't do it, thats why he started to believe in the grail. Shirou keeps believing he can save everyone and is never really challenged with any harsh situations that would really make him reflect on his dumb ideals.
May 22, 2018 5:33 PM

Oct 2015
dis logic
best part is, f/z fags literally are the type of people rider hates
>tfw

Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 22, 2018 5:58 PM

Nov 2013
Aardwolf94 said:
Shirou keeps believing he can save everyone
No he doesn't.

Jfc.
May 22, 2018 6:07 PM

Oct 2014
Aardwolf94 said:

Yeah but he realized that he couldn't do it, thats why he started to believe in the grail.

>Realized he couldn't do it
>Thinks Grail can do it

No. He does not. Answer makes it clear. He knows he can't do it. He will still try to do it because he thinks it's beautiful, and that trying to save people isn't wrong
May 22, 2018 6:13 PM

Oct 2015
Botato said:
Aardwolf94 said:
No he doesn't.

Jfc.

secondaries

perfect zen
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
May 22, 2018 6:19 PM

Nov 2013
Kumagawa_mei said:
Botato said:
No he doesn't.

Jfc.

secondaries

perfect zen
Go away man I am perfectly zen.

May 22, 2018 7:09 PM

Oct 2017
Botato said:
Aardwolf94 said:
No he doesn't.

Jfc.

So he wants to save everyone even though he knows he can't...thats even dumber. Also see my post to @Shrimperor because I dont want to repeat the same thing here.

Aardwolf94May 22, 2018 7:17 PM
May 22, 2018 7:11 PM

Oct 2017
Shrimperor said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Yeah but he realized that he couldn't do it, thats why he started to believe in the grail.

>Realized he couldn't do it
>Thinks Grail can do it

No. He does not. Answer makes it clear. He knows he can't do it. He will still try to do it because he thinks it's beautiful, and that trying to save people isn't wrong

Thats even dumber then and it shows again the problem with UBW/Fate. He knows he can't save everyone but he will still try. If he was actually challenged by a situation that would make him reflect on his ideals it would be fine but he isn't.

Imagine a conflict where he has to decide who to save and how he would react.

Now that would actually be interesting instead of the same bullshit preaching and how "beautiful" it is to have a dumb ideal like that. Easy to say that when you never have to make a hard choice/never suffer any consequences.

And yeah believing the grail can do it is naive from Kiritsugu but he suffered a lot because of that and his ideals in general. In F/SN so far everything just goes smoothly for Shirou despite him acting dumb as fuck on various occasions and having silly ideals as well.

Aardwolf94May 22, 2018 7:21 PM
May 22, 2018 7:27 PM

Oct 2017
Kumagawa_mei said:
dis logic
best part is, f/z fags literally are the type of people rider hates
>tfw

F/SN fans salt regarding criticism is always fun
May 22, 2018 7:30 PM

Oct 2017
ssjokg said:
If you save others just because you want to smile while saving others doesnt make you a good person.This is why Kiritsugu is a nice guy and Shirou isnt.

You have some really weird definition of what a good person is. You forget that the actions are important as well, not just the motivation.

Kiritsugu may have good intentions but he is ruthless and a dick. I think being ok with dozens of kids being butchered just because he may get some wish granting device crosses a clear line.

Shirou may just do good things to smile or whatever, doesn't change the fact that he does heroic things. He wanted to save Illya for an exampl, even though she was actually an enemy. If Rin didn't stop him he might have died (also if Gilgamesh wasn't suddenly conveniently lazy).

Only replied to this comment because it was normal and not aggressive and salty like the others.
May 22, 2018 7:35 PM

Aug 2009
Dear lord there is a limit to how much.one can twist events and actions in a series.

This guy tho.

People that try so hard to make Shirou's ideal appear so dumb are either too stupid to realize what they are saying or are just pieces of shit that would never lift a finger for someone else sake.
ssjokgMay 22, 2018 7:43 PM
May 23, 2018 8:39 AM

Nov 2013
Aardwolf94 said:
Botato said:
No he doesn't.

Jfc.

So he wants to save everyone even though he knows he can't...thats even dumber. Also see my post to @Shrimperor because I dont want to repeat the same thing here.

Man, talking to you was a rather interesting experience. I have no interest in going in circles so please refrain from quoting me, and I'll do the same after this.

Good day sir.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night Movie: Heaven's Feel - I. Presage Flower Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirhcnil - Oct 14, 2017

500 by TheFelipex »»
Apr 16, 4:43 PM

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

32 by ZachyMoof »»
Nov 14, 2023 6:44 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.