Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2018 3:49 PM

Sep 2015
A problem i find in anime frequently is they focus to much on a handful of things and fail everywhere else. So I'm looking for an anime that does above average in all categories, sound track, plot, pacing, characters, character development etc. Think "jack of all trades master of none".
Jan 15, 2018 4:08 PM
Jan 2018
Blood+ has all the qualities you're looking for.
Jan 15, 2018 4:12 PM

Mar 2016
Definitely Inuyasha and the Seven Deadly Sins. Seven Deadly Sins more so though because people say Inuyasha has bad pacing. :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2018 4:15 PM

May 2012
I recommend Seirei no Moribito. It might peter out a bit at the final confrontation with the "boss," but otherwise it's covers all your bases.

I have real problems with the story in Blood+ that I've described at

Jan 15, 2018 4:44 PM
Jan 15, 2018 5:40 PM
Apr 2015
Bungou Stray Dogs
Servamp
Black Cat

Jan 15, 2018 6:02 PM
Jul 2018
I have agree with Deknijff. Shakugan no Shana is a good example of what you are looking for.
Jan 15, 2018 6:11 PM

Jun 2011
_Poochyena_ said:
Definitely Inuyasha and the Seven Deadly Sins. Seven Deadly Sins more so though because people say Inuyasha has bad pacing. :/

Inuyasha, as much as it is one of my favorites, was my first thought. Even if I think it mastered the romance elements and it is some of my favorite action scenes, and I love all the food.... >.> yeah probably the arch-typical does everything anime.

But I should watch 7 deadly.

Now I am thinking about what series ever gave me a similar Inuyasha feeling and I guess you would really have to watch other Rumiko anime. Like Ranma.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Jan 16, 2018 5:20 AM

Mar 2016
Energetic-Nova said:
_Poochyena_ said:

Inuyasha, as much as it is one of my favorites, was my first thought. Even if I think it mastered the romance elements and it is some of my favorite action scenes, and I love all the food.... >.> yeah probably the arch-typical does everything anime.

Now I am thinking about what series ever gave me a similar Inuyasha feeling and I guess you would really have to watch other Rumiko anime. Like Ranma.

I'm in the middle of Ranma and it's got a loooot more comedy and a lot less plot. The characters are uncannily similar to the main cast of Inuyasha though. I think the main characters are the only thing I like about Ranma 1/2 tbh
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2018 5:54 AM
Nov 2016
- Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
- Chihayafuru
- D.Gray-man
- Kokoro Connect
- Nodame Cantabile
Jan 16, 2018 9:27 AM

Jun 2011
_Poochyena_ said:
Energetic-Nova said:

I'm in the middle of Ranma and it's got a loooot more comedy and a lot less plot. The characters are uncannily similar to the main cast of Inuyasha though. I think the main characters are the only thing I like about Ranma 1/2 tbh

That is literally the reason you would watch it though. Akane really is a well written girl.

Much like Kagome is pretty good. It is just hard to find ecchi with likable girls at all. And as much as her characters are "the same" the situation does make it feel different.
But for a genre contest, you cant get much more than Evangelion.... because it does have harem even if they wont tag it, and comedy, and for the most part, it is best viewed as black humor.... there is action, there is drama, there is a love polyfuck, there is fanservice, there are great action scenes, there is dementia- scenes that make no sense to many and are "up to you", there are yaoi elements, there is mechas, there is a lot of food (but all of it looks like trash).
But I don't mention it because I think it is a master of everything.
Energetic-NovaJan 16, 2018 9:43 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.

More topics from this board

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

20 by windyshadow »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 8 hours ago

3 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
4 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
6 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

6 by thorin001 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.