Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 8, 2018 6:09 AM

Jul 2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

in ur opinon, how far do ur think humanity will progress?
will humanity expand beyong earfh? or will humnaty live and die were it spawned?

do ur think humanity already reaching peak this century then followed next by stagnation as earth resources become of scarce?

A Type I civilization—also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy which reaches its planet from its parent star.
A Type II civilization—also called a stellar civilization—can harness the total energy of its planet's parent star (the most popular hypothetical concept being the Dyson sphere—a device which would encompass the entire star and transfer its energy to the planet(s)).
A Type III civilization—also called a galactic civilization—can control energy on the scale of its entire host galaxy.

earfh currently type 0, & imo w/ current humanity
probab never going to type 1, but hopeful can do
can prob occur if & only if humans achieve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
!
Jan 8, 2018 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
I am already the peak of humanity, you can't get any better fam.
Jan 8, 2018 6:23 AM

Jul 2015
DejWhoa said:
I am already the peak of humanity, you can't get any better fam.
beang on mal disqualifies ur from such descripton !
Jan 8, 2018 6:46 AM

Jul 2012
I've been inflicted with crippling depression from trying to read your writing.

Jan 8, 2018 6:59 AM
Jul 2018
The only thing I know humanity is declining.
Jan 8, 2018 8:15 PM
serendipity

Oct 2015
honestly wouldn't mind humanity looking like type III

aesthetic af

✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
✁✃✁✃✁✃✁✃✁
Jan 8, 2018 9:01 PM

Jan 2009
is it always have to be bigger (macro scale)? why not go smaller (micro scale) for us to discover extra/higher dimensions that are predicted to be so small according to string theory

high chance that before this century ends the technological singularity will be achieve and that will be an interesting time for progress like this or the robot/AI overlords invented by then will kill us all
Jan 9, 2018 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
I want it to be like that collection of sentient stars in that one episode of futurama where bender drifts through space
Jan 9, 2018 2:59 AM

Jan 2015
I feel like the Fermi Paradox is a pretty good indication we won't ever get that far.
Jan 9, 2018 11:17 AM

Jun 2015
I feel like it would be wrong to consider humanity at its peak when people still say earfh.

Jan 9, 2018 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
I doubt we'll reach much much more If we consider how we are progressively consuming more and more resources and destroying more and more the climate, I cant see the Earth being viable for that many centuries, not if science continues to progress at the current rhythm.
Also, I find our social and political problems are worsening and we might be walking towards a bunch of totalitarian regimes in the future.

But well, what do I know... I think if we reach stage 2 or 3, we won't be as humans as we are now.
Jan 9, 2018 7:58 PM

Jun 2016
Type 1 is easy compared to the other two - I'd say we'll reach it in a few hundred years at latest. We could have probably reached it already by now had Project Orion been completed (using nuclear propulsion to travel to Mars/other planets). There are probably at least hundreds if not thousands of these in our universe.

Type 2 - At earliest in the next few thousand years. I'll bet there are a few alien civilizations that made it this far.

Type 3 - Honestly I'm skeptical that there has ever been or ever will be a Type 3 civilization, controlling energy output of a planet or sun is nothing compared to an ENTIRE GALAXY. If any Type 3 civilization exists they are probably beings of pure energy or something else near incomprehensible to humans. I'm also skeptical that humans will ever get to this point, at least in human "form" as I just said.
Jan 10, 2018 8:05 PM

Sep 2007
We are close, but not quite there yet. Not until the entire human race can get down like this guy.

Jan 10, 2018 8:12 PM

May 2014
Well we're out here doing Tide Pod dabs so i'm pretty sure we have at least a few years left.
Jan 10, 2018 8:16 PM

Jul 2012
According to that we are not even a type 1 civilization yet.
Jan 10, 2018 8:29 PM

Apr 2013
Salvatia said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

in ur opinon, how far do ur think humanity will progress?
will humanity expand beyong earfh? or will humnaty live and die were it spawned?

do ur think humanity already reaching peak this century then followed next by stagnation as earth resources become of scarce?

A Type I civilization—also called a planetary civilization—can use and store all of the energy which reaches its planet from its parent star.
A Type II civilization—also called a stellar civilization—can harness the total energy of its planet's parent star (the most popular hypothetical concept being the Dyson sphere—a device which would encompass the entire star and transfer its energy to the planet(s)).
A Type III civilization—also called a galactic civilization—can control energy on the scale of its entire host galaxy.

earfh currently type 0, & imo w/ current humanity
probab never going to type 1, but hopeful can do
can prob occur if & only if humans achieve https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
!

The danger zone is probably the transition from type 0 to type 1.
We will probably die horribly within the next 50 to a 100 years.
I don't think resources will be a huge problem. Oil is the big one, as its used for farming, making plastic, ect. People are already working on a solution to the oil problem.

https://newatlas.com/bioengineers-rebuilding-bacteria-to-produce-crude-oil/7723/

The real danger is nuclear war, asteroids, super volcano's, and climate change.
Jan 10, 2018 8:36 PM

Dec 2016
Please don't let it be gay space Communism , please don't let it be gay space Communism.

I swear to YHWH if I get reanimated or reincarnated in the future and it is gay space Communism I am going all Wrath of motherfucking Khan and indoctrinating myself to destroy Humanity and start over from scratch.

Anyways, aliens don't actually come to Earth because it is the Penal colony of the Galaxy anyways.
Jan 10, 2018 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
Soverign said:
Please don't let it be gay space Communism , please don't let it be gay space Communism.

I swear to YHWH if I get reanimated or reincarnated in the future and it is gay space Communism I am going all Wrath of motherfucking Khan and indoctrinating myself to destroy Humanity and start over from scratch.

Anyways, aliens don't actually come to Earth because it is the Penal colony of the Galaxy anyways.

Sorry but gay space communism is coming...deal with it.
Jan 10, 2018 9:59 PM

Oct 2017
There are a lot of things that are preventing us from progressing further, so I'll be surprised if we're going to reach Type I in a couple hundred years from now. There are potential for us to do that though, we just need to learn to collaborate better with everyone else which seemed like an impossible task for our species. Type II and Type III is going to be a really hard goal to achieve, especially the latter, until we fix that collaboration issue. With better technology that we make used to create even better technology, you can say we are growing exponentially on that aspect but it can get a boost by helping each other, hence the potential. I'm an optimistic person but I'd say we'll be lucky to even reach Type II. Type III seems really out of reach though it'll be awesome if humanity can prove me wrong when I'm long dead.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

42 by cyandaqil »»
9 minutes ago

» which country would you NOT want to visit? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Mar 27

69 by neol3 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

63 by cyandaqil »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - Today

29 by cyandaqil »»
26 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

38 by cody »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.