Forum Settings
Forums

How do you feel towards anime characters who share your nationality?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Dec 27, 2017 11:46 AM

Feb 2014
I really don't know lol but YOI has tons of nationality characters and there's one character share the same nationality as me. It's pretty diverse, which is great.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Dec 27, 2017 11:55 AM

Apr 2016
Hmm I know that my country was mentioned somewhere... Ah now I remember it was from "Giovanni's Island"... Other than that one I don't think I've seen a korean person appearing. The accent was pretty good in that movie, I liked it.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 27, 2017 12:04 PM

Jan 2012
There are a few anime chars sharing my nationality. I usually find them funny, first of all because of the broken language and second, there are often mistakes and misconceptions surrounding them.

Jan 3, 2018 8:03 AM

May 2015
In Gintama there is Taka-tin ... I don't know what to say ^^'
In animes, the French people are often represented as refined men, often cooks, and obviously all blond with blue eyes, lol.
Jan 4, 2018 6:06 AM
Mar 2017
I haven't seen any so..

But if anyone knows Greek characters in anime tell me!
Jan 4, 2018 6:11 AM

Mar 2017
i've never seen a brazilian anime character
Jan 4, 2018 6:17 AM
Apr 2016
it is very difficult to find a character that one country with the country I live in

there is
but only a few
Jan 4, 2018 6:19 AM

Feb 2015
I know only 1 Polish character and when they said in anime that he's Polish it was like "wow, they know that Poland exist".
That's pretty much all.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Jan 4, 2018 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
KawaiiMeh said:
I haven't seen any so..

But if anyone knows Greek characters in anime tell me!

Idk if there are greek characters but Saint Seiya is heavily inspired from Greek mythology and stuff.
Jan 8, 2018 12:21 PM
Jul 2015
Well, apparently Natalia Kamiński from Fate/Zero 2nd season shares nationality with me, which is good, but I'm not so happy about Igor Neuhaus from Ao no Exorcist.
And, of course, let's not forget Feliks from Hetalia... Well, not my favourite character.
Jan 8, 2018 12:54 PM
Jan 2018
Honestly I don't really think of nationality when I see an anime character unless the show specifically talks about it It doesn't really matter to me tbh😅
Jan 8, 2018 3:55 PM

Nov 2016
As someone from the UK I find them outdated, they come from London because thats the only city in Britain right?

Sometimes in anime it can be used effectively, they can use a British character to talk about themes like class, nepotism and colonialism.
“we all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same.”
Jan 8, 2018 4:04 PM

Aug 2014
Stereotypes i guess.
But rarely ive seen anime with our nationality.
Jan 8, 2018 4:06 PM

Feb 2016
Doesn't really matter to me, I don't really try to connect with characters so their background doesn't really make a difference to me.

Although, stereotype stuff tends to stand out more to me since it's referring to a nationally I know.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jan 8, 2018 5:04 PM

Dec 2012
Mildly insulted usually when it's the stereotype or they're portrayed in a bad light, which is quite often. Though honestly I can't really say anything contrary to that given the monkey with a Twitter account sitting in the presidents chair that we've got right now.

My State, Minnesota, in particular was only featured in one anime that I'm aware of, Cyborg 009: Call of Justice. It didn't show any Minnesotans but at least the scenery definitely looked like something you'd see here if you took a 20 minute walk out of town into the wilderness.
KruszerJan 8, 2018 6:50 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jan 8, 2018 5:10 PM

Jun 2014
Kruszer said:
Mildly insulted usually when it's the stereotype or they're portrayed in a bad light, which is quite often. Though honestly I can't really say anything contrary to that given the monkey with with a Twitter account sitting in the presidents chair that we've got right now.

My State, Minnesota, in particular was only featured in one anime that I'm aware of, Cyborg 009: Call of Duty. It didn't show any Minnesotans but at least the scenery definitely looked like something you'd see here if you took a 20 minute walk out of town.

You mean "Call of Justice, right?

I think that Cyborg 009 would be strange as an FPS.

Jan 8, 2018 5:13 PM

Dec 2012
Seiya said:
Kruszer said:
Mildly insulted usually when it's the stereotype or they're portrayed in a bad light, which is quite often. Though honestly I can't really say anything contrary to that given the monkey with with a Twitter account sitting in the presidents chair that we've got right now.

My State, Minnesota, in particular was only featured in one anime that I'm aware of, Cyborg 009: Call of Duty. It didn't show any Minnesotans but at least the scenery definitely looked like something you'd see here if you took a 20 minute walk out of town.

Yeah, that's probably it. It's on Netflix. Also I think it would be awesome as a first person shooter videogame, but only if it was squad based. :)
KruszerJan 8, 2018 5:20 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jan 8, 2018 5:16 PM

Jun 2014
Kruszer said:
Seiya said:

Yeah, that's probably it. It's on Netflix.

I'll pass. I'm a big fan of the older Cyborg 009 series from the 60s & 70s, and even the 2001 series looks half decent, but this newer stuff just looks plain wrong to me.

Jan 8, 2018 6:35 PM

Dec 2013
nothing much, the chinese characters are not really much different from the rest of the cast, i just kinda go like "oh cool"

except its so weird when they do that thing where the chinese characters have their eyes closed all the time/have super small slits for eyes, i just find it sort of amusing
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

62 by Pinoffin »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime brought you to watch more anime? :)

Rinrinka - 7 minutes ago

0 by Rinrinka »»
7 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 4 hours ago

15 by TRC_Randy »»
8 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

4 by LightWorker »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

43 by TRC_Randy »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.