Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 18, 2022 6:14 PM

Mar 2008
I wanted to like this more. I really, really did. I mean, I did like it, but something just felt off about it somehow. And no it's not because it's a crossdressing manga. I'm totally fine with those. I guess the biggest problems I had with it were pacing, too short and the side characters seemed unimportant. Somehow it felt like Botan's and Aoi's character development were horribly rushed. It seemed like I wasn't given enough time to get attached to them before they'd suddenly change again. The ending felt kind of anti climactic. I was expecting the crossdressing reveal to play into the ending. I kind of felt like it happened way too soon and it threw everything off. It certainly ruined any chances of a summer arc to the story, which Aoi ironically even mentions. Then there were multiple time gaps which further threw everything off. I'm not sure if maybe with what I've been reading and rereading lately has just been to taxing on me emotionally, but I just couldn't get emotionally invested in the story, especially after the crossdressing reveal. I never felt like crying even once and that's incredibly rare for me when reading romance titles. It just felt incredibly flat overall. It's been a while since I've been so unsure what rating to give. For now I'm giving it a 7/10 because I was enjoying it up to the crossdressing reveal. I guess I was just expecting more and am feeling let down that I didn't get it.
Aug 1, 2022 5:48 AM

Aug 2020
It could have been longer, but well I have mix feelings about it. This was actually enjoyable tho solid 7/10 manga

Botan winning is always a W
It was inevitable...
Sep 6, 2022 8:50 AM

Jul 2020
Finished reading this. Wow. This was really enjoyable. Never thought that this manga would be this interesting.

I am frustrated by his choice though, I shipped Aoi and Itsuki. As you guys said before, the last two chapters felt too rushed. The entire manga revolved around Itsuki helping Aoi, because he loved her. So it's a bit contradictory for him to suddenly go out with Butan, as if he ignored the work he did to get closer to Aoi. Still, Botan is cute, so I forgive her.
AhumaniguessSep 6, 2022 1:01 PM
May 29, 2023 5:18 AM
Feb 2009
I have similar thoughts about this work as Waalex11. The characters are ok...but the tropes were rampant. Itsuki was the most realistic and human feeling. I ended up liking the arc of Miyama, went from annoying to kind of interesting, unfortunately there wasn't much more development due to the length of the series.

If both girls were a bit more realistic that would've raised my score some, but Botan still felt too much like a prankster and Aoi was just unreasonably mean. Aoi did have a somewhat tragic backstory, but some words she used were pretty vicious and then she just runs away...how could she have won his affection like this?

I was glad Botan won, she had the most and complete interactions with Itsuki both before and after his reveal (respect to him revealing by choice and not by some random accident). Aoi felt like a third wheel, she might've started out as Itsuki's motivation but by the end she had fallen for his female impersonation, and only barely talked to him after his reveal.

6/10
dbzakjMay 29, 2023 5:22 AM
Dec 12, 2023 6:22 PM

Aug 2020
The only harem romcom where the best girl actually wins.
Keep scrolling
Feb 11, 10:08 PM
Nov 2020
Dam best girl won?? Really enjoy the series, sad it was a bit short though. But overall glad it end how it did, hope it get turn into an anime one day.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru Chapter 29 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2017

5 by _elvira_ »»
Feb 11, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru Chapter 15 Discussion

hellogarry - Sep 14, 2016

8 by _elvira_ »»
Feb 10, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2016

5 by KoiTao »»
Sep 4, 2022 8:31 PM

Poll: » Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru Chapter 18 Discussion

hellogarry - Dec 30, 2016

15 by Lookiiii »»
Aug 1, 2022 5:00 AM

Poll: » Ookami Shounen wa Kyou mo Uso wo Kasaneru Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2016

4 by taflinder »»
Feb 14, 2022 9:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.