Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 1, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2017
I'm interested in playing a visual novel or a story based game.
I prefer Japanese games to western games.
Dec 1, 2017 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
SeanHarvey- said:
You seem to like Key's stuff a lot (Angel Beats, Charlotte, etc.). I'd recommend grabbing Little Busters!. They finally released it on Steam with a new engine for widescreen support and translated the EX content. It's definitely worth it!
Dec 1, 2017 1:08 PM

Feb 2012
SeanHarvey- said:

The best steam game is called 'the summer sale'. It's a game where you lose all your hard earned cash. If you want to be a pro at this game you also max out your credit card.

One that I liked is that there is at least one of the Sono hanabira novels on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/397270/A_Kiss_For_The_Petals__Remembering_How_We_Met/

Kindred spirits is also popular...

And there is that game where you are a princess and you have to survive a couple of months to your coronation. I forgot it's name, how is it called?
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Dec 1, 2017 1:11 PM

Jun 2017
Syrup- said:
SeanHarvey- said:
You seem to like Key's stuff a lot (Angel Beats, Charlotte, etc.). I'd recommend grabbing Little Busters!. They finally released it on Steam with a new engine for widescreen support and translated the EX content. It's definitely worth it!

Air was one of my first anime so of course, i like key.
I was already planning to play Little Busters!
Dec 1, 2017 1:16 PM

Jan 2013
SeanHarvey- said:
Syrup- said:

LB was one of my first VNs and it really got me hooked on them. I wish someone could hit me on the head really hard, giving me amnesia, so I can play it again for the first time.
Dec 1, 2017 1:40 PM

Jan 2013
SeanHarvey- said:
Syrup- said:
LB was one of my first VNs and it really got me hooked on them. I wish someone could hit me on the head really hard, giving me amnesia, so I can play it again for the first time.

I don't understand why some people say they want to experience the feeling of something for the first time again.
You see this in youtube comments a lot.
I

Do you ever play something, and realize that you already know what's gonna happen, so it's not as fun? Yeah, it's like that. I want to reread Little Busters and be surprised by the plot twists again. I want to laugh at the jokes for the first time again, and the cheery atmosphere to wash over me like I haven't seen anything like it before. My memory is so strong that I can't play games I played over ten years ago without realizing what's going to happen, because I still haven't forgotten.
Dec 1, 2017 1:46 PM

Aug 2016
Would highly recommend "Nier:Automata" (action role-playing) and "If my Heart had Wings" (VN) which are both Japanese games, and also the best games I've ever played.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Dec 1, 2017 6:01 PM
Jul 2018
As I only just finished playing them, I'm recommending both Love Ribbon and Doki Doki Literature Club - they're both V(isual) N(ovel)s and can be purchased on Steam (actually, the latter one is FREE TO PLAY, so...).

Not sure if they're Japanese games or not, but if they turn out be, then my sincerest apologies. ><
Dec 2, 2017 11:11 PM

Oct 2014
I guess any of the JRPGs on there?
Dec 4, 2017 3:44 PM

Oct 2017
War frame has a nice story to it, however the missions do feel a bit repetitive after a while.
Dec 5, 2017 7:48 AM

Aug 2016
Was gonna suggest Dota 2 and ruin your life life but since it's visual novels you can opt to start with free to play ones. An indie one that I like is Lucid9 but if you want more of the popular ones and have cash to spend, I suggest Clannad or Little Busters. If you want some VNs with gameplay then there's also the Danganronpa series.

Syrup- said:
SeanHarvey- said:

Yeah, love LB. Just bought it on steam last month. I plan to replay it eventually for the EX routes, and also steam achievements lol.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Dec 5, 2017 8:06 AM

Aug 2016
@SeanHarvey-

You lucky soul. Enjoy the VNs.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Dec 5, 2017 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
Sven Co Op. It's free to play, too.
Dec 5, 2017 10:12 PM

Dec 2017
On Steam they have Grisaia no kajitsu (The Fruit of Grisaia), one of my favorite visual novels. I didn't play it on steam though so I do not know if that version has H-scenes or not.
Dec 5, 2017 10:33 PM
Jul 2015
Try Princess Evangile.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 6, 2017 9:16 AM
Nov 2016
DramaDons said:
On Steam they have Grisaia no kajitsu (The Fruit of Grisaia), one of my favorite visual novels. I didn't play it on steam though so I do not know if that version has H-scenes or not.

I believe Steam censors all games with those sorts of scenes so probably best to buy it outside of steam.

Jan 7, 2018 1:45 AM
Jan 2018
NEKOPARA NEKOPARA NEKOPARA
NEKOPARA
NEKOPARA
NEKOPARA

be sure to get the 18+ patch from the website later though
Jan 8, 2018 10:52 AM

Apr 2016
Will gotta say Nekopara and pubg man

More topics from this board

» My computer auto turn off due to overheating when playing game, is there a way to reduce the overheating non-physically?

aLotQuestion_ - May 1

11 by Kiryotsu »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Esg redesign for pokemon go before and after

rohan121 - Mar 30

5 by WaffleMaster89 »»
5 hours ago

» Are We Headed For Another Video Game Crash?

Retro8bit - Mar 15

23 by WaffleMaster89 »»
5 hours ago

» Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door censors catcalling!?

rohan121 - Apr 28

30 by WaffleMaster89 »»
5 hours ago

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

11 by Gator »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.