New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2017 2:13 AM

Dec 2016
To be free of hate before your blood turns black
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

Nov 5, 2017 11:03 AM
Nov 2017
Everyone has their own views on when it's better to forgive, or continue to hate.

Honestly though, I think it was a good choice your friend made. Hating people only leads to more hate and mistrust. Forgiveness is best because it leaves the past behind you. What happened, happened. No one can ever change that. But the future doesn't have to be dark and hate-filled. People change, people adapt, and people learn.

Maybe they were truly sorry about what they did. It might have been why your friend decided it wasn't worth it to carry on keeping grudges.

Just my two cents, haha.
Nov 6, 2017 12:30 PM
Sep 2017
With me its simple.

Cross me and ill get my revenge.

Cross me and i likely wont forgive you until after ive gotten my revenge.

And tbh OP, i agree but im the opposite meaning i forgive light things but i look for revenge when it comes to Harsh injustices.

And i also believe that some things are beyond forgiveness.
Nov 11, 2017 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
i will occasionally get rather vindictive when feeling either abandoned betrayed or both
Nov 12, 2017 1:20 PM

Jun 2016
I think some people feel better when they give another chance to others, deepnding on what they have done. If someone really regrets their past deeds, I don't see any harm in forgiving them. But most would repeat what they've done. In that case, forgiveness wouldn't work or better anything. Revenge is out of the question, though. I find it meaningless and childish.
Nov 12, 2017 1:49 PM

Apr 2014
There was a woman who forgave and became friends with the man who shot her son. It blew my mind. He got out of his gang, served jail time and treated this woman like his own mother. He bettered himself with her help, despite killing her only son.
Nov 12, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2017
Sometimes hating someone is hard. I am someone who also forgives too easily. You grow out of being spiteful at a certain point and maybe just maybe, your friend hates himself more than he can hate anyone else.

𝚈𝚘𝚞 πšπšŽπšœπšŽπš›πšŸπšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽπš πš πš’πšπš‘πš˜πšžπš πš‘πšŠπšŸπš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 hide ✽
πšπš‘πšŽ πš™πšŠπš›πšπšœ 𝚘𝚏 yourself πšπš‘πšŠπš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πšπš‘πš’πš—πš” πšŠπš›πšŽ πšžπš—πš•πš˜πšŸπšŠπš‹πš•πšŽ.

β™« Current obsession β–· Last.FM β–· Tumblr β–· Discord? PM me.
Nov 12, 2017 2:03 PM

Jun 2015
adorablez said:
From what I have seen, people are taking serious things lightly and they are easy to forgive someone something.

For example, my not-anymore-friend had a girlfriend. She cheated on him many times and everyone bullied him. He ended up on psychiatry for about 4 months. One would assume that when he gets out, he will be more carefull about his surroundings. But you know what? He just forgave them, not only that, he became friends with them.
How? I do not get this type of mindset at all. Why would you forgive someone who hurt you that much?
cunts will always be cunts.....
clearly that psychiatry didnt work so well if it didnt cure his masochistic slave nature
Nov 12, 2017 3:51 PM

Dec 2012
My classmates durnig elementary and middleschool didn't treat me very well. Most of them were indifferent, but there was this group of 4-6 who would use anything to verbally torment me. It has given me a lot of mental scars that I've just now (almost 10 years later) starting to overcome. I did hate them, and I hated their families for defending them. However; as I got older I realized that it was pointless to hate them as it came to me that they were the losers. The two "leaders" of that group have both served time jail for various crimes and have a bad reputation. I wouldn't say that I've forgiven them, but I wouldn't want them to go through the torment I went through...

After this, I've met other people who haven't treated me very well, but I don't hate them. If anything I pity them.
"A man wishing to be unhappy finds many ways to prove his course."
- Hundred eyes
Nov 12, 2017 3:53 PM

Mar 2015
In the case of psychiatry, I feel like the first thing they do is drive out all your anger, resentment and longing for revenge, replace it with sadness, then give you hope and reinforce positive interaction, that's probably why he was able to forgive them.

I'm quick to forgive, and not quick to forget, I'll remember things for a long time and my opinion of the person would need to improve a lot for me to really "get over" whatever happened. The past is the past after all, but I'd like to be prepared for the future, and having experienced something once at the hands of someone, I would be cautious and aware that they may be the same as they were when it first happened.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
4 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 33 minutes ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
33 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay Β₯1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
39 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

41 by Merve2Love »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.