Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2017 9:41 AM

Nov 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a cute movie, but the Paradise Hamsubs version ruined it a bit. There were five or six moments in it where the translator note said things like "I'm not translating all that lol," and then put in personal notes at the end saying it was a re-sub of the original fansub and "thanks to Hamsubs for making this possible."

If it's a resub and there are parts that are difficult to translate, why not use the original subs for those parts (I assume they exist)? Why not put in subtitles that are somewhat close or even a good guess rather than not try? It was pretty obnoxious.

As for the movie itself, it wasn't groundbreaking, but it was pretty cute as far as Hamtarou goes. I didn't understand why the magic sunflower seed vanished at the end, or why a little girl would search outside for her hamster (or why her boyfriend would think the hamster had gone all the way to school). When my hamster escaped when I was a kid, I looked inside my home because that was the most likely place to find it.

I'm being overly critical, but I did enjoy it lol.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.