Available on Manga Store
New
Do you prefer the new or old art style
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2018 1:10 PM
Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
blueswizzle said:

Same. I loved the over the top retarded stuff the main character does to power up, it’s hilarious. I don’t mind the level of echii the show has right now. It’s what got me into the anime and the light novel in the first place. But I wouldn’t mind if the show had more dramatic and serious moments from time to time.

Well there's plenty of more serious stuff in later volumes from here on out

I know. I can’t wait to see it all animated. So hype for it.
Apr 15, 2018 2:11 PM

Oct 2013
Seen the previous 3 seasons, but not watching this new one I'm afraid. The art-style is too much like anime meant for the kid's range.
Apr 15, 2018 5:22 PM

Apr 2008
Chickenpotatoes said:
Seen the previous 3 seasons, but not watching this new one I'm afraid. The art-style is too much like anime meant for the kid's range.

LOL completely your loss. Though I am betting you'll show up in later threads anyway. Seen this kind of thing happen too many times in the past.
Apr 15, 2018 7:27 PM
Aug 2013
I saw the previews and seriously

Yes the artwork is different but why the dislike?

Maybe only Asia looks different but still come one.

A good way to see the art is like this:

With the new art there is more to change the character if more seasons are ever made to show character growing like the light novel.

But for me i do not care about the art.

As long as Passionate or any studio adapts volumes 11 and 12 i will be happy as a fan and DxD supporter.
Apr 15, 2018 8:54 PM

Feb 2018
You can clearly see the difference and tell which art style has change for the better.
Apr 15, 2018 9:17 PM
Aug 2013
I still find DxD awesome

And for more seasons in 2019 and 2020
Apr 16, 2018 9:39 PM

Oct 2008
watched the ep 00, it was hilarious but awesome!
oppai harem king is back!
liked the new art-style!

Apr 16, 2018 10:07 PM
Aug 2013
matias067 said:
watched the ep 00, it was hilarious but awesome!
oppai harem king is back!
liked the new art-style!

Me too

One of best battle is about to take place

Hope to get as fan many more seasons in 2019 or 2020
Apr 16, 2018 10:37 PM

Aug 2017
New version of characters' hair is more smooth and soft.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Apr 17, 2018 9:31 AM

Apr 2016
Sort of prefer the old art style but perhaps it is because I'm used to the old art style.
Need more episodes to see if I acclimate well.
Apr 17, 2018 10:44 AM

May 2015
EYeager said:
You can clearly see the difference and tell which art style has change for the better.

looks like they just switched the studios XD
ghoul got better and dxd goes downhill .....
Apr 17, 2018 11:15 AM

May 2017
new art style is fu*** garbage. Miss my old Rias and Akeno 😭😭
Apr 17, 2018 2:15 PM
Apr 2018
MaxxV said:

Agreee...

Rias Asia Koneko its look Like Weird T_T
also at action scene Better Prev Studio >.>
GhieeApr 18, 2018 11:04 AM
Apr 17, 2018 2:26 PM

Apr 2008
Ghiee said:
MaxxV said:

Agreee...

also at action scene Better is Not good from Prev Studio >.>

Better is not good? What? You're making zero sense
Apr 17, 2018 4:26 PM
Oct 2017
Chickenpotatoes said:

It looks more like the LNs, TNK took liberties when producing the last seasons with both the story and the art style.
Apr 17, 2018 7:12 PM
Aug 2013
I am happy with anything DxD

If volumes 9 and 10 are animated properly this season 4 will be great

Lets hope for a season 5

DxD forever
Apr 17, 2018 7:39 PM

Jan 2015
One advantage of anime over live-action is that even if years go by between seasons, the actors can return looking just like when you last saw them. Yet here we have a complete cast change for no reason. If the characters weren't calling each-other by name constantly, I wouldn't even be able to identify them. I will probably keep watching, but this is going to hamper my enjoyment considerably.
Apr 17, 2018 8:47 PM

Mar 2008
New art is so much better. More aligned with ToLove Ru style. I used to complain about the design now I am happy : D
Apr 17, 2018 9:55 PM
Aug 2013
Hero will still be good

Let see how the blur ray go to get season 5

Can t wait to watch Hero in HD quality
GoldenCrimson20Apr 17, 2018 10:00 PM
Apr 17, 2018 10:06 PM
Jun 2016
I love old art style.is there any chance of change art style to old
Apr 18, 2018 12:53 AM

Apr 2008
ravihans said:

ZEro to nil. That style stays with TNK
Apr 18, 2018 1:00 AM
Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
ravihans said:

ZEro to nil. That style stays with TNK

Lets just enjoy these few months of Hero and hope that Passionate is inspired to get more DXD seasons

Whatever the art DxD is still awesome

DxD forever
Apr 18, 2018 9:01 AM

May 2017
Ghiee said:
MaxxV said:

Agreee...

also at action scene Better is Not good from Prev Studio >.>

sadly yeah... T_T
Apr 18, 2018 9:32 AM
Apr 2018
kanyalmohit said:
Yes the new art seems to be taken from LNs, but I still liked old art from season 1 to 3. The fight scene looked great, but the ecchi scene looked worse to me (mainly Rias & Akeno's art).

I see people saying all they care about is anime to remain faithful to LN story and don't care about art, well then why even watch the anime? Just read the LNs or re-read them in case u have already finished because no matter what, anime can't do 100% justice to LN story (even season 1 & 2 left some bits).

That last bit was such a horrible point...and weak for that matter..."Why even watch the anime? Just read the LNs"? Well maybe because some of us dont WANT to read it? Some of us may want to be working on something Whilst watching an anime, Cant do that with a LN...Yeah Anime Cant and WONT be 100% accurate lol Take season 3 for example...apparently that was a mess according to the fans of the franchise...

I for one however welcome the new Art style, Why you may ask? because i dont care what it looks like so long as its animated lol I want to be able to sit down with Everyone not just sit there quietly reading something and falling asleep halfway through it. I'll be honest here, and this OPINION will be a very unpopular one, no doubt, But I'ma be real pissed off if all this backlash for the art style makes the studio give up one season in and we're stuck getting nothing more then the 4 season we got lol Why cant we just watch it and enjoy it?
Apr 18, 2018 9:37 AM

Apr 2008
DrakeHur said:
kanyalmohit said:
Yes the new art seems to be taken from LNs, but I still liked old art from season 1 to 3. The fight scene looked great, but the ecchi scene looked worse to me (mainly Rias & Akeno's art).

I see people saying all they care about is anime to remain faithful to LN story and don't care about art, well then why even watch the anime? Just read the LNs or re-read them in case u have already finished because no matter what, anime can't do 100% justice to LN story (even season 1 & 2 left some bits).

That last bit was such a horrible point...and weak for that matter..."Why even watch the anime? Just read the LNs"? Well maybe because some of us dont WANT to read it? Some of us may want to be working on something Whilst watching an anime, Cant do that with a LN...Yeah Anime Cant and WONT be 100% accurate lol Take season 3 for example...apparently that was a mess according to the fans of the franchise...

I for one however welcome the new Art style, Why you may ask? because i dont care what it looks like so long as its animated lol I want to be able to sit down with Everyone not just sit there quietly reading something and falling asleep halfway through it. I'll be honest here, and this OPINION will be a very unpopular one, no doubt, But I'ma be real pissed off if all this backlash for the art style makes the studio give up one season in and we're stuck getting nothing more then the 4 season we got lol Why cant we just watch it and enjoy it?

Don't worry. THe backlash is only in the west and it's already starting to die down if you compare episode 0 to the latest. A lot more positive reactions were posted.
Apr 18, 2018 10:04 AM
Mar 2015
Darklight0303 said:
DrakeHur said:

Don't worry. THe backlash is only in the west and it's already starting to die down if you compare episode 0 to the latest. A lot more positive reactions were posted.

Yea. After episode 1 came out, the backlash started to simmer down. I saw a handful of people say that they now like the new style after seeing episode 1. This also proves the point that episode 0 wasn't being worked on as seriously as the rest of the series. The studio most likely just quickly blitz through episode 0 just so they could get it out for the anime-only viewers. Why would they spend lots of time and money on something like that? This also explains why there wasn't the same level of detailed on certain characters and backgrounds on episode 0 compared to 1.

If the rest of the season looks like episode 1, it's gonna be amazing.
Apr 18, 2018 11:03 AM
Apr 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Ghiee said:

Agreee...

also at action scene Better from Prev Studio >.>

Better is not good? What? You're making zero sense

Check this one

Rias Gremory style almost same as Tamaki ako from netoge No Yome
Apr 18, 2018 11:04 AM
Apr 2018
I do really like the old art style most. The new one is like too much simple comparing both talking about details.
Apr 18, 2018 11:07 AM
Apr 2018
ThePromidius said:
I do really like the old art style most. The new one is like too much simple comparing both talking about details.

same

i will choose TNK style/grafic Studio than now xD
Apr 18, 2018 11:16 AM

Apr 2008
Ghiee said:
ThePromidius said:

same

You will choose? You think they're going to change it back just cause you don't like it?
Apr 18, 2018 11:37 AM
Apr 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Ghiee said:

same

You will choose? You think they're going to change it back just cause you don't like it?

No, dont think their going to change back just giving my opinion
Apr 18, 2018 11:57 AM
Apr 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Ghiee said:

same

Well If S 1 - S3 and new season i will Choose Old Studio TNK,idk the new Art style and grafic iam not like it :D

that's my opinion and also they wont change it if only 1 Fans say it.
Apr 18, 2018 12:06 PM
Jan 2018
Personally I prefer the old art style, the new style kinda changes the personality 3 seasons has set in the characters (especially Rias I feel) but I think I can get used to it eventually, just depends on how this season plays out
Apr 18, 2018 12:09 PM
Apr 2018
I like both art styles. But i like the new one more.
Apr 18, 2018 1:07 PM

Jan 2011
Darklight0303 said:

And you think being a passive aggressive asshole towards others will somehow change their personal opinion?
Apr 18, 2018 1:24 PM
Mar 2013
Cool characters became jokes... Its sad...
Apr 18, 2018 2:03 PM

Oct 2016
New art is completely trash for this series. The biggest disappointment is Akeno and Roswiesse look terrible (cute) now and not as sexy. The show could barely be taken seriously with it's old (better) art, so now that it has new 'cute' art, I am at a loss for words here. Also, Gasper looks even queerer than before.
Yuki_NonakaApr 18, 2018 2:10 PM
Apr 18, 2018 2:26 PM

Apr 2018
new art style is shit

Apr 18, 2018 7:10 PM
Aug 2013
Lets just enjoy these few months of Hero and hope that Passionate is inspired to get more DXD seasons

DxD forever
Apr 19, 2018 12:18 PM
Apr 2018
ToBe2050goal said:

DxD forever

Now Rating for new season is Down, T_T
not same as before.

iam Very Like DxD ofc iam like to make Guild or group in My Online Game LOL
Apr 19, 2018 12:20 PM
Apr 2018
Yuki_Nonaka said:
New art is completely trash for this series. The biggest disappointment is Akeno and Roswiesse look terrible (cute) now and not as sexy. The show could barely be taken seriously with it's old (better) art, so now that it has new 'cute' art, I am at a loss for words here. Also, Gasper looks even queerer than before.

Also RIAS SENPAI Koneko and ASIA CHAN T_T

if Cute and Sexy or Hot i will choose Last 3 season Art ^_^
Apr 19, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2016
Teisen1991 said:
EYeager said:

looks like they just switched the studios XD
ghoul got better and dxd goes downhill .....

If it was really worse, why the animation is now much more fluid? Also, how do you judge as better something that is not faithful to the original product (the LN)?
Apr 19, 2018 8:18 PM
Aug 2013
Ghiee said:
ToBe2050goal said:

DxD forever

Now Rating for new season is Down, T_T
not same as before.

iam Very Like DxD ofc iam like to make Guild or group in My Online Game LOL

Is this statement true?

I read in other forums that the pre-screen was a huge success

I just hope 1 more season is adapted to get volumes 11 and 12

Apr 21, 2018 2:49 AM
Apr 2018
EYeager said:

Yes, you totally can clearly see the difference and tell which art style has changed for the better
Apr 21, 2018 4:28 AM

Feb 2018
Riverlia said:
EYeager said:

Yes, you totally can clearly see the difference and tell which art style has changed for the better

Well I agree with you that new artwork is better as it provides higher quality of jiggle physics which tbh DxD is all about.
But this kind of artwork make the action scenes suffer.
Apr 21, 2018 5:10 AM
Apr 2018
EYeager said:
Riverlia said:

Well I agree with you that new artwork is better as it provides higher quality of jiggle physics which tbh DxD is all about.
But this kind of artwork make the action scenes suffer.

DxD Hero's capability in term of action scene has already been proven in episode 1, with Issei vs Sairaorg. Whole body movement of the armor, clearly animated combat, fluid movement.
So whether the artwork made it harder or not, the studio proved they can handle it.
Though to begin with, a rounder, less angular design should make animating action scene easier, not harder.

TNK on the other hand was overly relied on semi-still (almost fixed pose minimal movement) then use cut away to mimic motion (ie animate Issei cocking his hand, black screen, Issei already hit). Sometime they use close in to avoid large whole body motion, and at other time use a much less detailed armor if they couldn't get away with it. It make for good screenshots because they made the semi-still armors as shiny as possible to compensate/distract viewer, but not that great at conveying the fight in motion.

Put the design drawn by the designers next to each other, it's true that old style has somewhat more details and looks more mature due to more angular shape (aesthetically better or not is subjective and case by case for each character, so no comment). However, when being animated, the one drawing the scene isn't the designer, but animation staff. A complicated design will still be simplified if they lack time and money, or if they simply just can't replicate the designer's skill.
A more angular design also make it harder/more time consuming to draw multiple continuous frames for an action without something sticking out at the wrong place. Rounder = less likely for fuck up and easier to fix.

That, and I guess Passione animation staff is just better than the one TNK had on DxD duty. They really mistreated one of their best cash source.

RiverliaApr 21, 2018 5:35 AM
Apr 21, 2018 1:19 PM
May 2016
I prefer the old art. There's much more contrast and detailed shading, and the characters looked more refined. The new art is much lighter and softer and doesn't pop out as much. However, the new art isn't a dealbreaker and I can get used to it. Just continue to deliver on the story and nudity and I'll be fine.
Apr 21, 2018 6:35 PM
Apr 2018
after seeing the new episodes i got to say i dislike the new art style, it makes rias head look too egg shape, and I know everyone quick to defend it by saying it closer to the art style of the vn, and in my opinion as someone who read the novels , this new art style doesnt come close to it, it may have the softer tone, but it went too overboard with it, it made me feel like im watching a moe blob comedy anime, which dxd isnt really , yes it has moment like that but it also has a darker tone to it as well, so when those darker tones comes it feel like a meh moment cause the softer tone takes away from it. idk this became a series where i would all the episodes when they come to a series where i m gonna watch probly till a whole yr or till i finish my list of anime to watch .
Apr 21, 2018 9:30 PM
Apr 2018
SoraShiroBlank said:
after seeing the new episodes i got to say i dislike the new art style, it makes rias head look too egg shape, and I know everyone quick to defend it by saying it closer to the art style of the vn, and in my opinion as someone who read the novels , this new art style doesnt come close to it, it may have the softer tone, but it went too overboard with it, it made me feel like im watching a moe blob comedy anime, which dxd isnt really , yes it has moment like that but it also has a darker tone to it as well, so when those darker tones comes it feel like a meh moment cause the softer tone takes away from it. idk this became a series where i would all the episodes when they come to a series where i m gonna watch probly till a whole yr or till i finish my list of anime to watch .

Moe design or not (and it's very debatable if Hero design qualify as moe) doesn't affect dark or sad moment. That is up to the director execution, not the design.
For example, in the Visual Novel scene, Key is known for moe as fuck design and tear jerking as hell stories.
Similarly no one can look at Planetarian and say it's not cutesie, but it's undeniably a tragedy piece.

There is a reason the cute kid dying is such a classic tragedy plot.
Apr 21, 2018 10:08 PM
Aug 2013
lets just support the anime to get more seasons in 2019 or 2020

DxD forever
Pages (11) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 5 Confirmed!!!

Hachii13 - May 3

40 by filthyfrank8142 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Highschool DxD season 4 art style

DiamondBaka - Dec 7, 2020

27 by Oongbuh »»
Apr 23, 8:02 PM

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

74 by ajay173 »»
Mar 8, 1:55 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

99 by EngeLxS »»
Feb 20, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.