Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2017 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the story takes place during middle school and just after Arata has moved to Fukui and Taichi has changed schools. When Chihaya started to feel lonely with no friends to play with, Taichi appears and joins Harada-sensei's Shiranami Society!

Things started to look brighter as Chihaya even getting to play each other in the competitions with Taichi coming on top beating Chihaya and moving to B-class, Chihaya even thought they might be able to see Arata if they continued with this.

However, Taichi thanks Harada-sensei for looking after him and then tells Chihaya and Sensei that he will be quitting Karuta! As he leaves, Chihaya runs after him and asks him why he is leaving, he just tells her that he probably won't see her anymore. As he leaves, Chihaya yells at him calling him an idiot.

Unlike the original manga, in this whole chapter, Arata only appears as fragments of Chihaya's memories as they spent their time in the final year of their elementary school years, as she learned about Karuta. Whether Arata would actually make an appearance in this story remains to be seen.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 1, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2007
landofthekwt said:
Thanks for your summary. The Taichi Appreciation Thread was complaining that certain Taichi arcs have been omitted, but they could be added later. Chiahya's letter to Taachi are not in the light novel I wonder why they were added

I haven't read the alternative version so I can't really comment on that. But on the first two chapters, there isn't anything covering Arata. I won't shy away to reveal that Arata is my absolute favourite character in the original manga. So, I hope to see him appear in this one.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 2, 2017 7:34 AM
Mar 2015
Here are the Chinese raws for Chapter 1 https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5370116230
May 30, 2020 9:20 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good chapter. It's nice seeing Chihayafuru told by another artist/author. Seeing Taichi really made my day. It's too bad he ended up quitting.
May 30, 2020 11:04 PM
Mar 2015
@mayuka Thanks for your translation
May 30, 2020 11:11 PM

Jul 2012
landofthekwt said:
@mayuka Thanks for your translation
no problem!! I really wanted to read it in English too, so I'm glad me and my team could make it happen!
Jun 2, 2020 2:39 AM
May 2019
@Mayuka thank you for translating this!! I read the light novel some time back and I loved it!

I'm also surprised by how much the art style resembles Suetsugu's. Smol Chihaya is sooo cute T^T and of course the sight of Taichi will always bring me joy XD
Jun 2, 2020 9:48 AM

Jul 2012
ChraeRed said:
@Mayuka thank you for translating this!! I read the light novel some time back and I loved it!

I'm also surprised by how much the art style resembles Suetsugu's. Smol Chihaya is sooo cute T^T and of course the sight of Taichi will always bring me joy XD
No problem~!!!

Same here, omg. It's so accurate! Maybe the artist worked under Suetsugu before lol
Sep 12, 2021 8:53 AM

May 2016
Everything ended up well for Taichi, now is Chihaya turn.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru: Chuugakusei-hen Chapter 18 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Jul 30, 2022

1 by Abyque »»
Nov 7, 2022 10:47 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru: Chuugakusei-hen Chapter 17 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Jul 29, 2022

0 by LastLuminescence »»
Jul 29, 2022 6:04 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru: Chuugakusei-hen Chapter 14 Discussion

LastLuminescence - Feb 1, 2021

0 by LastLuminescence »»
Feb 1, 2021 7:59 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru: Chuugakusei-hen Chapter 5 Discussion

Mayuka - Jun 14, 2020

0 by Mayuka »»
Jun 14, 2020 12:17 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru: Chuugakusei-hen Chapter 4 Discussion

Mayuka - Jun 10, 2020

0 by Mayuka »»
Jun 10, 2020 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.