Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2017 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
Prologue is up.

Aleis-tan being a degenerate old man was pretty amusing. Poor Touma since it looks like he need to defend his chastity from the sex deviant.

Aiwass is pulling a Touma here toward Mina. And apparentely Aiwass is a bonafide alien from some outer space/world ?

And motherfucking space fight between Coronzon and Aiwass.

Screenshots from /a/ (credit to anon raildex) :
https://imgur.com/a/McbxG
Oct 9, 2017 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
Fucking hell I never expected Kamachi to throw back to OT19 like that. I always thought he was making a meme by saying Aiwass was an Extraterrestrial lifeform, never would've thought he'd use it for space magic. The spoilers and some Japanese reactions make it sound like this is one of the wildest volumes in the series.
Oct 11, 2017 5:23 AM

Apr 2014
accel's gonna have a central in this saga so hyped
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Oct 16, 2017 2:08 AM

Jul 2012
Prologue and chapter 1 down.
Aiwass vs Coronzon, that was pretty cool start. Aiwass helping someone was not that surprising, as long as he finds it interesting or amusing he will make it happen, but i was surprised hearing him saying that he is trying to achieve something for himself, that was unexpected.
Other than that it was pretty much Hamazura's adventure, funny overall, but for the most part it was setting the stage. Mina instantly recognized Lilith, i wonder if Aleister knows about her (i feel like that's a yes) and does Aneri know about Lilith?
Hope for Mikoto to show up for a bit =/
Oct 22, 2017 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
js06 has finished the volume and wow, this volume really went nuts later on.

So Aiwass was once again teased to be something that we still don't know, and Coronzon apparently doesn't even know. The afterword also confirms that Aiwass can be measured between benevolence and malice, and while he leans closer to benevolence, he certainly is not a force of good. Kamachi set him aside for later on in the story, just like at the end of OT.

Aleister completed his usual cycle that was stated in NT18, which is finding success in failure. He gave the city to Coronzon, but nuked all the tech, which kills the setting almost. Now people will leave the city, and I assume Kiharas will reign supreme.

And finally, the 3 MCs are back again, and we're going to England again. This time, I assume Stiyl and the others will be their enemies, due to Coronzon's influence. With Tsuchmikado and Mikoto being strangely absent, I can only wonder if she's reached them too. Hell, Kamisato was sent to Academy City by her, so he might be under her influence too.
Oct 22, 2017 9:56 PM

Jun 2012
The first two and a half chapters were like a long mystery sheet (a good thing I waited for the whole volume to be translated LEL), but Hamazura's night stroll was fun enough to cover that.

Fran being caught up by Lola's schemes was truly unexpected to me especially about that hood part of her attire to conceal a demon underneath. Aleister conducting a magical surgery to her was godly. And the academy city blowing up, hhmm, that such is obviously not possible I guess.

Overall, this volume is just so-so, not bad for introducing the upcoming battles against a bunch of religious sects. Now that Index is allied with Aleister, maybe he'll used her knowledge and count it as a major force, though I highly doubt Kamachi will do so at this early stage. With Academy city is in dead state, where does Mikoto and Misaki plans to go to? I hope they'll join the hopeless spiky-haired boy in England as well.

The post-script said Othinus is waiting with Index too after the three heroes made the contract, but I'm curious where could she be all this time?

Off topic: I'm now also wondering why Kamachi always ascribe the color "White" to a divine/strong/exalted being; i.e. Aiwass, Index, Accel, that white entity from the simple S/M, white queen, zashiki warashi in a white dress, even Milinda's object looks whitish in the anime, etc.
Oct 23, 2017 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Off topic: I'm now also wondering why Kamachi always ascribe the color "White" to a divine/strong/exalted being; i.e. Aiwass, Index, Accel, that white entity from the simple S/M, white queen, zashiki warashi in a white dress, even Milinda's object looks whitish in the anime, etc.

White is pure. Purity is almighty to him. Remember that Aiwass even said that IT needed to be purified.
Oct 23, 2017 9:19 AM

Jun 2012
Lolimancer said:
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:

White is pure. Purity is almighty to him. Remember that Aiwass even said that IT needed to be purified.
That could possibly be true,like Aiwass the white queen is indeed pure, no matter how twisted she is, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Accel as his only white feature is his hair which was only liked that because of him reflecting radiations(?) from the sun(?). What's this "IT" pertaining to again?
Oct 23, 2017 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Zaphkiel_El_Rem said:
Lolimancer said:

That could possibly be true,like Aiwass the white queen is indeed pure, no matter how twisted she is, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned Accel as his only white feature is his hair which was only liked that because of him reflecting radiations(?) from the sun(?). What's this "IT" pertaining to again?

IT = the Invisible Thing that came out during WW3, Baggage City, and against Aiwass. It's also possible that the purity is a reference to sexual purity. Aleister is a known lecher, and he said in real life that the Aeon of Horus is an Aeon of childishness, and people acting immature. Although the last Blood Sign volume makes it sound like colorless might be a bit above white.
Oct 23, 2017 10:13 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was for the most part build-up volume. Closer to the end a lot of interesting stuff started to happen. For me Lilith's using magic was the highlight of the volume, didn't expect that she would interfere to defend Hamazura in the end. And how she met her father, was kinda obvious but still very funny. And thought it was strange that he isn't doing anything against A.O Francisca and then he destroyed her. But with Lilith appearing on the stage i want to question why Aleister blamed MG on her death. I think this time precisely he is saying that Mathers and Westcott wanted to use/make magic without any setbacks aka sparks, i assume that kit they were talking about previous volume was the device for it. But again i want to say that MG should've existed before that point and overall magic as well so i still don't fully understand why Aleister blamed MG for Lilith's death and especially after all what happened and even more that he had planned all of it to some extent. On the other hand was pretty nice to meet Niang-niang and Nepthys again for a bit.
Didn't think that it was Fran and pretty nice that Kamachi didn't forget about her (for now and mb that's the last time) and mentioning Kamisato faction for not making them dissapear so easily.
Very cool ending part and the illustration with Touma, Accel, Hamazura and Aleister. And Kamijou being Kamijou talking to Aleis-tan.
Was little hope for Mikoto to appear and if she won't be in the group next time probably also, but mb. And back to England, the British royal family arc is one of my favorites -> can't wait to see it to be animated!
allenjkeOct 23, 2017 10:16 AM
Oct 23, 2017 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
allenjke said:
Well that was for the most part build-up volume. Closer to the end a lot of interesting stuff started to happen. For me Lilith's using magic was the highlight of the volume, didn't expect that she would interfere to defend Hamazura in the end. And how she met her father, was kinda obvious but still very funny. And thought it was strange that he isn't doing anything against A.O Francisca and then he destroyed her. But with Lilith appearing on the stage i want to question why Aleister blamed MG on her death. I think this time precisely he is saying that Mathers and Westcott wanted to use/make magic without any setbacks aka sparks, i assume that kit they were talking about previous volume was the device for it. But again i want to say that MG should've existed before that point and overall magic as well so i still don't fully understand why Aleister blamed MG for Lilith's death and especially after all what happened and even more that he had planned all of it to some extent. On the other hand was pretty nice to meet Niang-niang and Nepthys again for a bit.
Didn't think that it was Fran and pretty nice that Kamachi didn't forget about her (for now and mb that's the last time) and mentioning Kamisato faction for not making them dissapear so easily.
Very cool ending part and the illustration with Touma, Accel, Hamazura and Aleister. And Kamijou being Kamijou talking to Aleis-tan.
Was little hope for Mikoto to appear and if she won't be in the group next time probably also, but mb. And back to England, the British royal family arc is one of my favorites -> can't wait to see it to be animated!

Collision between phases is what nearly kills her. That's why Aleis-tan wants to eradicate magic, spread AIM field around the world and reach the Pure World, so that nobody got the short stick like Lilith anymore. And guess who has the power to apply new phases ?

Since the disruption between phases caused by the usage of magic, Aleister devised a way so that whenever some espers tried to use it, their body will be forced to contain the "recoil" in order to keep it from affecting the phases. That's why espers coughed blood and guts when they tried to use it.

Or that's what i get anyway. I could be wrong though.
Oct 23, 2017 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
@loli_a_ravioli Yes that's how i see it also, and if MG were long before that happened to Lilith and magic in particular so the sparks were happening all that time to affect phases why was he blaming MG only and in the first place why was he blaming them with that plan in mind. All i can think of that the mentioned MG didn't even care that it would happen.
The power balance was always interesting thing for me and the MG have had amazingly strong powers on one hand, but on the other hand Coronzon and Aiwass seems are just on other level and Aleister is also another case. Just thinking that mabye Magic God is just a human-magician that mastered magic, but watching how strong was Othinus doesn't feel like that. Now all the more feels weird High Priest saying that Aiwass is a failure, what did he mean by that? That kinda reminds me Terra saying that he knew the truth about IB, but now i feel like that was totally not right.
Oct 23, 2017 4:58 PM
Jul 2018
allenjke said:
@loli_a_ravioli Yes that's how i see it also, and if MG were long before that happened to Lilith and magic in particular so the sparks were happening all that time to affect phases why was he blaming MG only and in the first place why was he blaming them with that plan in mind. All i can think of that the mentioned MG didn't even care that it would happen.
The power balance was always interesting thing for me and the MG have had amazingly strong powers on one hand, but on the other hand Coronzon and Aiwass seems are just on other level and Aleister is also another case. Just thinking that mabye Magic God is just a human-magician that mastered magic, but watching how strong was Othinus doesn't feel like that. Now all the more feels weird High Priest saying that Aiwass is a failure, what did he mean by that? That kinda reminds me Terra saying that he knew the truth about IB, but now i feel like that was totally not right.

Aiwass was called a failure because he chooses to not possess someone like Coronzon. This is so he can use space magic, and so him and Aleister had a backup plan to kill the magic gods if things got bad, but Coronzon accidentally spared them of that by sending Kamisato to do it, which is why they used it on Coronzon to distract her. Although that speaks volumes of Coronzon's danger compared to the Magic Gods.

And what we know of IB is that it's the hopes of dreams of magicians across time to revert the world back to zero due to all the phases and collisions changing the world, so a back up plan in case magic went too far. And that way down the line, the last wielder was a certain saint who also had it as a right hand, but instead of dying with it, preserved it as an arm shaped arrow. Where it went after that is unknown but Aleister had it in 1904 as we saw. And what happened to it after that and when Touma got it, either via birth or AC, is also unknown. But if the previous wielder was a saint, Gods Right Seat should have the information on it due to the pantheon, and WR has shown that it has long range capability, meaning Aleister altered it/nerfed it for Touma.
Oct 24, 2017 1:28 AM

Jul 2012
Lolimancer said:

Aiwass was called a failure because he chooses to not possess someone like Coronzon. This is so he can use space magic, and so him and Aleister had a backup plan to kill the magic gods if things got bad, but Coronzon accidentally spared them of that by sending Kamisato to do it, which is why they used it on Coronzon to distract her. Although that speaks volumes of Coronzon's danger compared to the Magic Gods.

And what we know of IB is that it's the hopes of dreams of magicians across time to revert the world back to zero due to all the phases and collisions changing the world, so a back up plan in case magic went too far. And that way down the line, the last wielder was a certain saint who also had it as a right hand, but instead of dying with it, preserved it as an arm shaped arrow. Where it went after that is unknown but Aleister had it in 1904 as we saw. And what happened to it after that and when Touma got it, either via birth or AC, is also unknown. But if the previous wielder was a saint, Gods Right Seat should have the information on it due to the pantheon, and WR has shown that it has long range capability, meaning Aleister altered it/nerfed it for Touma.

About Aiwass being a failure explanation that sounds right, but what i meant more after MG were defeated and Aiwass didn't even need to participate (i think he might've been very valuable force in the fight) was HP right or wrong? Maybe i'm just giving or i was always giving MG to much credit.

About IB thanks for the information. Knew pretty much all of it, but the part about Saint. If you don't mind telling me where was it cause can't believe i missed it somewhere :( And wasn't it like exactly Terra should've known the info about IB and even Fiamma didn'r know all the/some specifics, i thought that it how it supposed to be.
Oct 24, 2017 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
allenjke said:
Lolimancer said:

About Aiwass being a failure explanation that sounds right, but what i meant more after MG were defeated and Aiwass didn't even need to participate (i think he might've been very valuable force in the fight) was HP right or wrong? Maybe i'm just giving or i was always giving MG to much credit.

About IB thanks for the information. Knew pretty much all of it, but the part about Saint. If you don't mind telling me where was it cause can't believe i missed it somewhere :( And wasn't it like exactly Terra should've known the info about IB and even Fiamma didn'r know all the/some specifics, i thought that it how it supposed to be.

That was in NT18, in a flashback. Fiamma, Acqua, and Terra all seemed to know about IB more than anyone else. In particular, Terra should know a lot because his power was contradiction, kind of how IB works.
Oct 24, 2017 10:49 AM

Jul 2012
Lolimancer said:

That was in NT18, in a flashback. Fiamma, Acqua, and Terra all seemed to know about IB more than anyone else. In particular, Terra should know a lot because his power was contradiction, kind of how IB works.

Thought about NT18 flashback and i probably didn't give much attention to the saint part (shame on me), need now to reread it.
allenjkeOct 24, 2017 11:03 AM
Oct 25, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2016
Well... holy shit this volume and the things I'm expecting that Kamachi will do in the future volumes actually made me bump up this novel again in my ratings and favorites. This is truly the bounce back volume after that kind of lackluster Kamisato arc. >.>

Now, I how to fill this void while waiting for another volume
Mar 26, 2018 12:35 AM
Sep 2015
cagliostro:"welcome to the club"
Oct 26, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2013
Well, I didnt expect Aleister to get added into Touma harem. Kamachi, you absolute madman.
You all need to watch Nami.

More topics from this board

» Volume 9 Discussion. ( 1 2 3 )

ssjokg - Dec 10, 2013

114 by 2-2Distracted »»
Mar 3, 8:05 PM

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.