Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2017 6:24 PM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What an incredibly happy volume all around apart from dropping the wine glasses, which happens to be a great break from the devastating last volume. This volume showed Ban learning to love, to put his heart in his job, and give it his all. The 4 month time skip was one of the few that I found well executed. To cut right from the restaurant clapping and Nogami's approval after he's learned what it means, to him even getting customers coming for him specifically was great. We saw everything that went into learning, the ups and downs of his journey, and when he finally got himself on the road to victory we got sent ahead. Anything else would've been meaningless, or it may of even forced some drama in there that didn't need to be there. So I really appreciate that.

We also saw Senoh developed for the first time ever, and he's adorable and hilarious. The way Bambino gives people just as many flaws and good traits makes them feel human in a way most stories don't achieve. I learned to like him a lot. The chapter where we saw how everyone was working their hardest for the new recipes in their own ways was one of my favorite yet. It both showed us how hard everyone was working, and characterized them in ways that haven't been done before. The wildly different ways were very telling. And like, Katori has a baby! I didn't expect that in all honestly.

Bambino has not let down its quality once, and as it is now it's my favorite manga I've ever read. My only fear is how long it is, I'm wondering if it'll run its course and keep going or something. But for the moment it is nearly perfect.
Dec 13, 2022 6:17 PM
Jul 2018
Looks like Ban earned himself back into the kitchen, along with Kozue as a new addition. That was a tough challenge, clearly the Baccanale houses a lot of talent.

I really like the pacing with how each character's personal life is distributed in the story. Not all at once to simply get it out of the way. It's the conclusion of the 7th volume, and we're still discovering what the characters are like outside of work. Keeps them grounded and interesting.

The recipe list for some of the dishes made in the contest is an excellent inclusion! Tetsuji Sekiya has done a lot of culinary research and it's evident in the work of Bambino!

Eager to start Vol. 8, I'm hopelessly addicted to this manga.
Apr 18, 2023 11:35 PM

Jul 2021
Ban really put his dish in resonation to home <3 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 164 Discussion

Ishmael - Jan 25, 2012

7 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 163 Discussion

removed-user - Dec 18, 2022

1 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 162 Discussion

stand - Jan 24, 2019

2 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 161 Discussion

CQLLIST - Apr 19, 2023

0 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:41 AM

Poll: » Bambino! Chapter 160 Discussion

CQLLIST - Apr 19, 2023

0 by CQLLIST »»
Apr 19, 2023 8:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.