Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Hitorijime Boyfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 29, 2019 4:28 AM

Jul 2013
What can I say... I'm pleasantly surprised this turned out better than I thought. It was a pretty fluffy show and I thought it was gonna stay that way throughout but I stood corrected. They used everything they showed us to build up to the last 2 episodes. Setagawa is a good main character. We know his thoughts and all his problems. He's definitely a worrywart but his worries make sense. He overthinks a lot and analyzes the consequences of being in a relationship with Kousuke. He doesn't just give in to Kousuke, he also thinks of the atmosphere. He's making it a lot harder for himself and he doesn't realize that the way he's thinking for others isn't really what he wanted. The last episode is a great realization for him that it's also okay to think for himself and he really does love Kousuke after all and does not want to lose him.

Kousuke is also one interesting guy. He's very playful and takes a lot of risks compared to Setagawa and he wants to help others a lot but he does not realize that his actions are accidentally hurting Setagawa. He does not mean it of course but his bold personality is a huge contrast to Setagawa's and it ends up building his anxiety. I think he has learned to be more careful of his actions from now on and be more considerate of Setagawa.

Not sure how I feel about the other couple (Kensuke and Hasekura) but they were helpful to Setagawa and Kousuke so they're alright I guess. Rest of the cast are okay-ish.

This bothers me a lot because we never knew what the fucking bartender said.

Overall, the show is pretty good and sweet. I like it definitely and I'm planning on reading the manga. One of the better BL shows out there.
Dec 14, 2019 6:26 PM

Aug 2017
The drama in the last two episodes is not the best (pretty sweet btw) but nevermind. This is a really lovely show.

The comedy is good but they should know how to place it better in some scenes. Characters are pretty realistic. This BL is not at Given level but its better than most BL out there. 7/10 for the anime.

(and with this...I completed 2019 Anime Watching Challenge...I'm tired...)
NurguburuJul 12, 2020 7:25 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 18, 2020 10:12 PM
Jul 2017
I really liked it, solid and very cute ending, and a sweet series overall. I think i liked this more than Given.
Dec 19, 2020 1:43 PM

Sep 2020
WHAT DID THE BARTENDER SAY??
Jan 25, 2021 4:34 PM
Aug 2020
that was a cute ending <3 ;__;

the most frustrating thing was the censoring of every freaking kiss....
Apr 7, 2021 2:26 PM
Dec 2020
To be completely honest I really Hate myself for adoring mashahiro x kousuke because of the teacher x student thing and if they hadn't known each other for years I'd probably be more bothered by it but they're just so cute and this was actually a pretty cute bl despite a lot of the intial creepiness in the first few episodes. Idk im just torn, I feel like I shouldn't have liked this bc the relationship is morally wrong.
May 26, 2021 8:43 AM

Jun 2020
Kousuke’s letter make me tear up ㅠㅡㅠ♡

I loved how vulnerable Kousuke was at the end. And Setagawa musing that he isn’t perfect but flawed, and yet still his hero, in his own ways. I’m also glad they didn’t go the cliche route of Setagawa’s mum changing her ways/making it up to him, he will always not find love from her, but he now has love from Kousuke, and Kensuke’s family, and their wholesome friends. I’m so glad they got their happy ending, Settie deserves it!!!!!!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 27, 2021 5:29 PM

May 2013
Aww, this was so good <3 8/10

I liked how KousukeXMasahiro got together in the middle of the series so we got more lovey-dovey coupley stuff in the latter half <3333 They overcame a lot of obstacles together and it was overall really nice C: The bickering and growing with friends was also a nice touch.

Ending was a little rushed imo? Well, more so it didn't really get the turning point across well on why the letter's content made Masahiro change his mind. That was the only big thing.

Loved this series tho :D
Masahiro's internal monologue always sounds sexy XD Great VA hehe
Feb 25, 2022 8:49 AM
Dec 2021
Amazing anime!!! So great!!! I love kousuke so much, so perfect!!!!!!!
Jan 20, 12:11 PM
Sep 2022
profesor kousuke lo quero mucho
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

livexevil - Jul 22, 2017

54 by luviendsol »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

pgmhecateii - Jul 15, 2017

70 by seyowan »»
Nov 6, 2023 1:43 AM

Poll: » Hitorijime My Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

27CansOfTuna - Jul 8, 2017

90 by seyowan »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:33 PM

» Does this new visual imply a new season in production (or is this just delusional wishful thinking)?

__potato__ - Jun 27, 2023

8 by KawaiiSmile »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:36 AM

» Is this supposed to be season 1 or no?

RealCheeze - Feb 12, 2023

3 by RealCheeze »»
Feb 12, 2023 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.