Forum Settings
Forums

Why is Shaft the best animation studio out there?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Aug 16, 2021 3:50 AM

Nov 2016
Shaft did Madoka, 3-gatsu, and Monogatari which are all great shows, especially Madoka and 3-gatsu. They're definitely in my top 3.
Aug 16, 2021 4:02 AM

Jul 2015
Hardly. They made 2nd worst anime of 2020.

Nov 4, 2021 11:02 PM
Jul 2021
Hrybami said:
Someone could please call me when Shaft will produce a good anime?

Hey, they produced these little known series called monogatari series and madoka magica. They also have some other works like sayonara zetsubou sensei, hidamari sketch, and kubikiri cycle if you're interested for more.
CharlesDeGaulleNov 4, 2021 11:08 PM
I'M THE NUMBER ONE DICK RISING UP TO MAKE YOU FEEL SMALL
Nov 4, 2021 11:03 PM
Jul 2021
Sakuta002766 said:
Shaft is my least favourite studio

I prefer any studio over Shaft

You mean you'll take studio DEEN with their shitty shows and pierrot's shitty adaptations that completely butchers the source material over shaft. Get real man, stop being a petty hater
CharlesDeGaulleNov 4, 2021 11:09 PM
I'M THE NUMBER ONE DICK RISING UP TO MAKE YOU FEEL SMALL
Nov 4, 2021 11:39 PM

Sep 2020
Shaft is a bad studio for last 2-3 years they have only pumped out garbage.
Nov 4, 2021 11:53 PM

Feb 2021
Its funny to say that shaft studio is the best.
Nov 4, 2021 11:58 PM

Sep 2018
Incredibly unique and stand out with originality, something that a lot of studios struggle to do.

The enhance a story with aesthetics and directing technqiues much better than most studios do.
Nov 5, 2021 5:46 AM

May 2019
Kuma said:
meainwhile in sunrise

shaft is popular because asano inio or madoka... other than that... not soo much...

What of Inio Asano's works has Shaft produced/adapted...? I can't remember a single one. Do you mean NISIOISIN, the author of Monogatari, or am I missing something here?
yo
Nov 5, 2021 5:56 AM

Jul 2020
lots of my favourites are from SHAFT literally goat studio i agree 100%
Nov 5, 2021 6:36 AM

Feb 2020
They are definitely in my top 5.

Assault Lily: Bouquet
Hidamari Sketch
Koufuku Graffiti
Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
Mar 28, 2023 3:36 PM
Apr 2022
Okay, let me begin my rant 

i don't know but they have a really unique animation style which adds to the depth of a character.
for example , if we take the movie firework. There is no story in it, nothing, totally bland , but what makes it atleast a least bit interesting are the characters itself. their expressions, dialogue, interaction with other characters; these factors make the viewer invested in the characters of the play itself. Shaft also never misses when it comes to waifus. some of the most popular waifus come from shaft. And same thing goes for trigger studio. Trigger studio (in my opinion does opposite of what shaft does but achieves the same thing as shaft i.e adding to the depth and philosophy of the characters  ) also has a unique animation which puts emphasis on the character expression and their dynamics. This effectively makes you,the viewer, fall in love with the chracter (take for example senjougahara from bakemonogatari ). 

therefore, these studios take already good material and make it better by playing around the characters a little bit
like see , golden age of shaft was maybe only a decade long , and see how many banger titles they put out.

Also if you carefully examine the art , you will notice that the the characters are well drawn but the background is vaguely drawn 
this is again to put emphasis on the characters. ( for reference see the banners they put out for monogatari series)
Also they create perfect vibe and aesthetic around a scene , perfectly matching the mood , while making the characters stand out. (this is really really really important as it makes a scene that much more beautiful and heart touching )
vague background reduces financial burden and the animators can give more time to flesh out a scene 

In recent years , they are not putting much bangers because 
1. many of the talented animators moving to other studios such as david productions 
2. them not choosing , those materials which their style of animation is suitable for
      their style of animation is not suitable for stories which depend upon plot twists e.g harems 
      harems do not depend much upon individual character philosophies, each girl usually has a trope that she has to play, coincindents happen many girls fall for the main character some ecchi stuff happens 
       and the episode ends. There is not much character developement , these plot twists are the main governing principle of a harem. And Shaft cannot do much to disturb this principle.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 5 hours ago

14 by Lucifrost »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

42 by Doutei-kun »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime adaptation wish list

kuroneko99 - Apr 5

30 by 707supremacist »»
5 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

61 by billybub »»
11 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.