Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2017 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
tbh it feels like the manga got downhill so fast.
I don't even enjoy reading this anymore. I used to binge read this until hero licence arc. That was so boring and it honestly makes me want to drop this manga.

Does it get better?
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 20, 2017 5:20 PM
Apr 2013
No.

------------------
Sep 20, 2017 6:22 PM

Jan 2009
Mirio alone is worth continuing reading this manga and there is a thread saying the manga score keeps getting higher anyway so a lot of people do find it enjoyable
Sep 20, 2017 10:50 PM
Jun 2016
I would still continue reading it, but I agree with you, this current arc is one of my least favorite arcs. I love this manga but the build up of this arc just didn't suit well with me. I have faith in the author though so I hope he can pull out something for the next chapters since this arc hasn't ended yet.
Sep 21, 2017 12:59 AM
May 2015
i love the current arc arc
Sep 21, 2017 2:03 AM

Jun 2015
isekai said:
Mirio alone is worth continuing reading this manga and there is a thread saying the manga score keeps getting higher anyway so a lot of people do find it enjoyable

that's because of the anime fanboys checking out the manga and instantly giving it a higher score than a normal manga reader.

this always has happened.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 21, 2017 7:34 AM

Apr 2017
The current arc is actually quite good..I agree with you the license arc was REALLY boring but yea as i said the current arc is good

Sep 21, 2017 12:22 PM

Aug 2015
I had similar feelings as you, manga had a great high point with AFO fight and then became pretty stale.
I would recommend waiting till current arc (hideout raid) finishes, for me it is not very enjoyable as a weekly read but maybe will build up to something worthwhile.
Sep 21, 2017 9:08 PM

Mar 2015
AFO fight was the peak... din'tlike the what after it either, but oh well, let's see whatcan it offer next...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 22, 2017 2:46 AM

Dec 2013
Current stuff is good but the license was meh.
Sep 22, 2017 8:19 AM
Jul 2012
Takamura-sama said:
I don't even enjoy reading this anymore. I used to binge read this until hero licence arc. That was so boring and it honestly makes me want to drop this manga.

Does it get better?
Just drop it if you didn't like it. But BnHA did set up rules and laws and getting the licence is one of them so it was necessary. They are likely to do something similar again in the future. But as others have said the current arc is really good.
Sep 22, 2017 8:22 AM

Jun 2015
I didn't like the hero license arc at all, but current arc is hells good simply because of Tintin aka Mirio.
Sep 23, 2017 5:41 AM
Mar 2016
Takamura-sama said:

Does it get better?

You shouldn't be dropping a series because there is one arc you don't like. If you really enjoyed all the other arcs, you should continue reading.
I was most excited for the new chapters during the Hideout Raid Arc, but during the Hero License Arc, I got less and less excited. But the current Arc turned that around again. It has lots of build up chapters, but once you reach the actual climax, it is really good. In fact, I would say that the current fight that's going on in the manga is so far close behind AFO vs OFA. Plus there are great new characters. I would say it's worth reading even though the buildup at the start is a little long, doesn't mean it's necessarily bad though.
Sep 23, 2017 7:56 AM

Jun 2015
TheEnhancedExe said:
Takamura-sama said:

Does it get better?

You shouldn't be dropping a series because there is one arc you don't like. If you really enjoyed all the other arcs, you should continue reading.
I was most excited for the new chapters during the Hideout Raid Arc, but during the Hero License Arc, I got less and less excited. But the current Arc turned that around again. It has lots of build up chapters, but once you reach the actual climax, it is really good. In fact, I would say that the current fight that's going on in the manga is so far close behind AFO vs OFA. Plus there are great new characters. I would say it's worth reading even though the buildup at the start is a little long, doesn't mean it's necessarily bad though.

tbh I didn't even like AFO vs OFA that much lol.

best fight in this series is still Bakugo vs todoroki, Bakugo and deku vs All might, bakugo vs Villain alliance and Deku and friends vs stain
Sep 23, 2017 8:36 AM
Mar 2016
Takamura-sama said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

tbh I didn't even like AFO vs OFA that much lol.

best fight in this series is still Bakugo vs todoroki, Bakugo and deku vs All might, bakugo vs Villain alliance and Deku and friends vs stain

I guess our tastes differ then. Still there are quite a few good fights to come. For me the current fight is the second best fight so far. Tbh, idk if these fights will be good in your opinion or not. The only way you can find out is to continue reading. But if I were you, I wouldn't stop reading just because one arc wasn't good. That arc was still kind of necessary for the story to advance. It could've been different, but without a provisional license, the next arc couldn't be the way it is now.

At least, I only stop reading the manga if there were suddenly huge plotholes, bad story writing etc which completely overweigh the good parts of the manga. This was the case with Bleach for example, as there were lots of fights that just weren't interesting, the characters were just made even more op and the characters could just get powerups through plot conveniences, the mc didn't appear for an eternity, etc. There might be some arcs that aren't really good, but as long as I don't lose interest in the outcome of the manga, I'll continue reading.

In Bleachs case, I didn't really care anymore how it will end at that point. If that's the same for you in Boku no Hero Academia's case, you probably shouldn't read further. However if you're still interested in how the story continues and ends, you should continue reading. I mean, I didn't enjoy the Hero License Arc either. I didn't think it was as bad as some people portray it to be, since I actually like Yoarashi Inasa as a character (although he's the only good new character that came out of this arc). However I continued reading in the hope that it gets better again and it got better again, at least imo. As I said, you can only find out if you enjoy whats to come afterwards by reading further. If you're still at chapter 110, then there's only 4 chapters of the hero license arc left, so it's not that much. I'd still advise to finish it because of what happens at the end of ch 114.
Sep 23, 2017 10:34 PM

Jan 2016
The arc that is currently going is a contender to be the best arc so far.

In other words keep reading it.
All the fools who go around hating on everything should stick to them eighties anime.

After all isn't that the golden age of TV anime.
Sep 26, 2017 10:49 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Hero Licence are was pretty meh, but the current (though started slow), is really hype right now. Depending on how the final fight of the arc ends up being, It could probably be on par with the Stain arc
Sep 30, 2017 9:19 AM
Jan 2017
I'm the only one that liked the Hero Licence exam arc sure it was slow at times but introduction of a new rival school, further development for Bakugo and Todoroki and students transitioning into becoming actual heroes. One of biggest draws for me is the school aspect though have a feeling people manga readers will appreciate slightly if animated while anime watchers will enjoy the arc alot.
Temujin26SSep 30, 2017 9:23 AM
Oct 6, 2017 4:43 AM
Jun 2013
The hero license arc wasn't THAT good but the current arc is pretty hype. My only gripe is, that it's stretched out quite a bit.
I am sick of waiting, and i am sick of the current antagonist.
It's just Deus Ex Machina after Deus Ex Machina.
Oct 6, 2017 4:50 AM

Dec 2013
megakruemel said:

Can you give an example?
Oct 6, 2017 5:15 AM
Jun 2013
G_Spark233 said:
megakruemel said:

Can you give an example?

Well we would be going into spoiler territory... so i guess i'll add these spoiler thingies.

megakruemelOct 6, 2017 5:28 AM
Oct 6, 2017 5:57 AM

Dec 2013

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

10 by otakuweek »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.