Forum Settings
Forums

Mini Game: Starship Epiphron Mafia | Game over! | Aliens win!

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (45) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2017 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
Gwendolly said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

What else would that mean? Also if though I said people are ballsy i still dont think people would have risked attacking phraze when 3 different people could protect him. Thats why i believe one of those people has to be scum.

Why didnt you just say "Me" then? I dont know if one of the protectors are scum, why risk that kill then? Knowing damn well there are two others. Its the same result no matter from where you view it.

Clearly they thought otherwise lol, i mean phraze is dead. Because I didnt feel like naming you XD.

Sep 24, 2017 2:57 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
lastwhisper31 said:
im the vigi, I aint gunna shoot night 1...

Can you explain why you diidn't shoot? N1 is often considered the optimal time for a vig to shoot. I realize this setup changes things some but the longer you wait the less likely your shot is to be successful.

Explain to me why you think its good and ill explain why I think its bad.

Sep 24, 2017 3:05 PM

Dec 2016
@CorruptedPurity @Shinichi-Kun wouldn't Abu saying" I wanted to use it to clear" suggest that he realized he couldn't clear with it? I haven't even caught up to where I need to be yet, but this feels really forced and contrived. Feels like CP should have asked Abu that follow up question before blasting in with the attempted character assassination.

Intent to vote CP if nothing changes drastically
Sep 24, 2017 3:08 PM

Dec 2016
RE1031 said:
CorruptedPurity said:

YOU DID NOT NOTICE. HE DID. That's the diff. He did and chose to keep quiet. If you are town and noticed this, would you keep quiet?
It was literally one post from Abu. It's not that significant. Now, had people decided to put Grape in townblock for it, and Shinichi didn't point it out, that'd be another story.
You're gonna need a lot more to back a case against Shinichi.

Ohhhhh nevermind I'm reading it correctly now. Ignore my last post... I see the wanted to clear me was follow up to a public mod question.

Also I hate this post from RE. Way too results oriented. Mafia is a game of intentions and unintended consequences. Just because something doesn't have the desired impact doesn't mean it's not a scummy move.
Sep 24, 2017 3:12 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
RE1031 said:
It was literally one post from Abu. It's not that significant. Now, had people decided to put Grape in townblock for it, and Shinichi didn't point it out, that'd be another story.

Ohhhhh nevermind I'm reading it correctly now. Ignore my last post... I see the wanted to clear me was follow up to a public mod question.

Also I hate this post from RE. Way too results oriented. Mafia is a game of intentions and unintended consequences. Just because something doesn't have the desired impact doesn't mean it's not a scummy move.

Thats exactly why I want to vote CP and am still voting Kota.

Re pretty much white knighted me before so idk what this says about her, but i feel like she wants me to pocket her or something.

Sep 24, 2017 3:13 PM

Dec 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Can you explain why you diidn't shoot? N1 is often considered the optimal time for a vig to shoot. I realize this setup changes things some but the longer you wait the less likely your shot is to be successful.

We've had this debate before and I didn't ask you. Still working on my catch up otherwise.
Sep 24, 2017 3:16 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

We've had this debate before and I didn't ask you. Still working on my catch up otherwise.

Fair enough, I just think its risking only using the information provided from day 1. Also if my brother misfired would that mean hes scum? Though I guess in a sense we cant een know its a misfire anymore due to phraze being dead.

Sep 24, 2017 3:20 PM

Sep 2016
Grapefruit21 said:
RE1031 said:

Can you clarify? What was the desired impact in this situation?
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Sep 24, 2017 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
Grapefruit21 said:
lastwhisper31 said:

1. I never shoot first as vigi. 2. I was pretty much lurking all if day 1.
blinddate
she was never awake
even with her eyes wide open
never where she longed to be
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
blind date with a dreamer
Sep 24, 2017 3:25 PM

Jan 2014
@grapefruit21 also I always thought it was bad to shoot n1. But that comes from ToS so maybe I'm wrong
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Sep 24, 2017 3:40 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
So what are we discussing again?

@Shinichi-kun
Why "smh" Grape's lack of a night action? Could have killed town in the process had he used it.

And do you belive gf would just use a ability that risky as town night 1?

Sep 24, 2017 3:40 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
ironace said:
So I read roughly what has happened here.
First of all...
calm down guys. It's only d2. The amount of salt is rising to league of legends levels here.

Secondly , if you guys want me to adopt phraze's role I can. But in return I demand protection >~<
Unlike alot of u guys,I really like this game and want to play for as long as I can.
Idk how the fuck I forgot you could do that. Please do.

Plz do i actually forgot this too smh lmfao

Sep 24, 2017 4:09 PM

Sep 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
lastwhisper31 said:
So @yurkin understands what I'm saying, @Re1031 doesn't, and @gwendolly knows that there are other possibilities.

If there was one scum out of you 3, who would be it in this situation?

1.Yurkin could be scum pocketing your idea
2.Re1031 could be scum afraid to comprehend the plan as it risks confirming someone
3.Gwen could be scum trying to mislead you into another play that may or may not work out as well as this one.
No, I understand it now.
Alien targets Person A. Transporter switches Person A and Person B, so Person B dies. Person A is cleared because the Alien most likely would not target their partner, unless the transporter is the Alien performing the kill (and could attempt to clear the other Alien through this method).

@Grapefruit21
You say shooting night 1 is optimal. Who would you have shot?
Also, why is last town?
Sep 24, 2017 4:13 PM

Jan 2014
RE1031 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

1.Yurkin could be scum pocketing your idea
2.Re1031 could be scum afraid to comprehend the plan as it risks confirming someone
3.Gwen could be scum trying to mislead you into another play that may or may not work out as well as this one.
No, I understand it now.
Alien targets Person A. Transporter switches Person A and Person B, so Person B dies. Person A is cleared because the Alien most likely would not target their partner, unless the transporter is the Alien performing the kill (and could attempt to clear the other Alien through this method).

@Grapefruit21
You say shooting night 1 is optimal. Who would you have shot?
Also, why is last town?
did grape say I was town? I don't recall anyone town leaning me yet?? If he did, then I guess u can ignore this question.
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Sep 24, 2017 4:14 PM

Sep 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
did grape say I was town? I don't recall anyone town leaning me yet?? If he did, then I guess u can ignore this question.
Day 1 he said he had a reason to believe you are town and would explain later.
Sep 24, 2017 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
lastwhisper31 said:
Day 1 he said he had a reason to believe you are town and would explain later.

@grapefruit21

Sep 24, 2017 4:20 PM

Sep 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
RE1031 said:

@Shinichi-kun
Why "smh" Grape's lack of a night action? Could have killed town in the process had he used it.

Nope. I believe the only optimal time to use it if the player pool is small and the watching/protecting roles have been eliminated.
Sep 24, 2017 4:21 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Nope. I believe the only optimal time to use it if the player pool is small and the watching/protecting roles have been eliminated.

Im questioning why he was frozen not why he didnt use a night action, unless i worded something terribly wrong.

Sep 24, 2017 4:22 PM

Dec 2016
lastwhisper31 said:
@grapefruit21 also I always thought it was bad to shoot n1. But that comes from ToS so maybe I'm wrong

I come from the school of thought that says shoot N1 every single time. The fact that you felt like you weren't caught up on the game and this game lacking flips makes it more justifiable not to.
Ensuring you're shot goes off and narrowing the PoE are always worth it in my book. But I'm the same person who said lynch togs yesterday and was very disappointed that we didn't
Sep 24, 2017 4:23 PM

Sep 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
RE1031 said:

Im questioning why he was frozen not why he didnt use a night action, unless i worded something terribly wrong.
I'm dead. I think I misunderstood your post. #846. You were referring to Grape's unavailability...
Sep 24, 2017 4:25 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

I'm dead. I think I misunderstood your post. #846. You were referring to Grape's unavailability...

Yes lol >_>

Sep 24, 2017 4:28 PM

Dec 2013
@re1031 wait if you thought I was upset at gf lack of ability use full well knowing his ability why didnn't you question me?

Sep 24, 2017 4:28 PM

Sep 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
@re1031 wait if you thought I was upset at gf lack of ability use full well knowing his ability why didnn't you question me?
I DID. I ASKED YOU DAMMIT.
Sep 24, 2017 4:32 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

sorry sorry :'( link it or if its on this page just mention the number.

Sep 24, 2017 4:34 PM

Sep 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
RE1031 said:

#884. And you even quoted it...
Sep 24, 2017 4:39 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

That post yes but u never relinked it or anything what if I never back read? It would have been super weird to not question me more thoroughly.

Sep 24, 2017 4:47 PM

Sep 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:
RE1031 said:

That post yes but u never relinked it or anything what if I never back read? It would have been super weird to not question me more thoroughly.
But you responded to my post. Idk. I don't understand everything you say, nor do I question everything I don't understand.
Sep 24, 2017 4:50 PM

Dec 2016
As for town the tell was the way Wisp was sheeping me early. In our quasi-hydra game together we got into a pretty good shared mindspace and were thinking along a lot of the same lines. For him to come out and just sheep me twice in our next game together felt like he was just naturally carrying over that level of trust. What got me noticing it was 174 and 175. If he was scum he'd have then turned around and tried to leverage that sheeping of me to do something but he didn't and I'm pretty confident he's town for that.

TLDR: He carried over trust from a hydra game (which often comes from town players after they play together with extra information) and didn't try to abuse it at all through now. Him actually forgetting I had a town read on him this page just further strengthens the read.

Edit: Changed a pronoun to a name for the first use.
Sep 24, 2017 4:55 PM

Dec 2016
@roz1roz I know you're in the process of looking for replacements but I'd like to know what your plan is for how long this phase will last and if you'll delay the end to try and find replacements.
Sep 24, 2017 5:04 PM

Sep 2016
Grapefruit21 said:
lastwhisper31 said:

I come from the school of thought that says shoot N1 every single time. The fact that you felt like you weren't caught up on the game and this game lacking flips makes it more justifiable not to.
Ensuring you're shot goes off and narrowing the PoE are always worth it in my book. But I'm the same person who said lynch togs yesterday and was very disappointed that we didn't
Are you saying you would have shot Togs?
Sep 24, 2017 5:09 PM

Jan 2014
Grapefruit21 said:
@roz1roz I know you're in the process of looking for replacements but I'd like to know what your plan is for how long this phase will last and if you'll delay the end to try and find replacements.

Yes, I will delay end of day until I find replacement for KoTA.

This is more time for you to discuss. Use it wisely.
roz1rozSep 24, 2017 5:14 PM
Sep 24, 2017 5:14 PM

Jan 2014
Vote Count:

Kotta - 2 - Shinchi
Abu - 1 - Gwendolly
Schinchi - 1 - Cp
Avu - 1 - Re

2/6 votes towards mayority.

Mod note: Slugs have 4 noses.

Timer:
http://itsalmo.st/#night2_ogiaf
Sep 24, 2017 5:16 PM

Dec 2016
People need to make some reads list. We've done almost nothing based on behavior or holding people accountable for reads. @RE1031 and @Shinichi-Kun I want reads lists from both of you (preferably with reasoning) since you're around. Everyone else when you catch up please.

Wisp (see above)

Yurkin (Carry over from yesterday, also I liked 858
Shin (Need to think more about the spat with CP, I do think that's meaningful and haven't had time to sort through it properly yet. Leaning towards it looking good for Shin but not 100% on that yet.)

Gwen (this an RE are almost pure gut reads at this stage, I have good feelings about but I don't have the textual support for it)
RE

Togs/KOtA (pretty much full neutral)
CorruptedPurity (Just scum side of neutral for that showdown with Shin. I don't like assuming Shin is scum alone for that when other people also didn't comment, feels like pushing an agenda)

Ironace (calling for protection is a huge red flag and I've noticed nothing townie out of him to counterwiegh it)

Abu
Sep 24, 2017 5:17 PM

Sep 2016
Togs said:
Hey guys, I'm alive. I'm sorry for being so away this game, it started at about the same time as my new job and I thought it would launch a little earlier. I'm following the new posts and I'm gonna try to get fully the action asap.. well in a bit more. I promise though that all my free time I have is going to go to this game first, until I'm caught up.

Just want to say it feels weird to not be pressured so hard like I usually am when I lurk, I read all the tags to me and most of them are super nice. In a way I kind of wish I was pressured because then I'd have something to focus on to defend myself heh. But I appreciate all the love.
Strange post. Doesn't even say who he chatted with, or if he chatted with anyone at all. Why would you hide this information?
Sep 24, 2017 5:19 PM

Dec 2016
@roz1roz Thanks for the clarity!

On my reads list I'm willing to lynch anyone at togs level or below.
Sep 24, 2017 5:36 PM

Sep 2016
(Lazy) Reads List:
Town:
>RE
>Phraze (like, we're not that lucky)

Town Lean:
>ironace: purely meta. Nearly every game he's been in, there's always been some kind of intro where he points out that he's always scumread no matter what he does, wants to roll scum, etc.
>Shinichi: contrary to my vote yesterday, I believe this is town Shinichi. Very engaged. ( @Shinichi-kun I forgot, what are your thoughts on Abu?)

Neutral:
>Grapefruit: I don't agree with many of his reads, but this slot hasn't done anything I find particularly scummy.
>yurkin: She's commenting far less than normal. She posts once and then goes away for a bit. It's not what I'm expecting from her if she's town... But I do like her wariness of me. Like when I suggested Abu was bussing Shinichi.
>Last: I like his recent posts, but he hasn't struck me as town yet.
>Gwen: Honestly, a lot more fluff than what I expected. She's done more shading than I like. Technically a scumlean, but kind of too lazy to pressure...
>CP: His tunnel is weird, but not necessarily scummy. His fixation is something I've done as town. Need more, though.

Null:
>Togs: Hate the role.
>KOtA: He sounds new. I don't really know what to make of him other than that.

Scummy:
>Abu: I honestly don't know what to make of him, especially his more recent posts. But I did not like his push on Shinichi EoD1; it felt forced and he used far too simple reasoning to make Shinichi look bad.
Sep 24, 2017 5:42 PM

Sep 2016
@Grapefruit21
Can you answer my questions? :)
:) :) :) :)
:)
Sep 24, 2017 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
Shinichi-Kun said:
Gwendolly said:

Didn't you threaten CP to protect kota?

Yes cause if kota doesnt get lynched i dont want him dieing at night

What? That doesnt even make sense xD Don't let him die at all then???
<3
Sep 24, 2017 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
Shinichi-Kun said:
Gwendolly said:

Why didnt you just say "Me" then? I dont know if one of the protectors are scum, why risk that kill then? Knowing damn well there are two others. Its the same result no matter from where you view it.

Clearly they thought otherwise lol, i mean phraze is dead. Because I didnt feel like naming you XD.

No I meant "Me" as in "You"
<3
Sep 24, 2017 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
lastwhisper31 said:

Woah what? Shooting N1 is pure madness! Don't be a grrr
<3
Sep 24, 2017 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
Shinichi-Kun said:
RE1031 said:

@Shinichi-kun

His action would take effect on N2 wouldnt it?
<3
Sep 24, 2017 5:52 PM

Dec 2016
RE1031 said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Are you saying you would have shot Togs?

I would have shot Abu personally. But would have considered togs.
Sep 24, 2017 5:56 PM

Oct 2013
Grapefruit21 said:

We will definitely not lynch CP,ironace or Abu! Their roles are important regardless their alignment (atleast for now). Please don't be stupid town.

unvote

<3
Sep 24, 2017 5:57 PM

Dec 2016
Gwendolly said:
Grapefruit21 said:

Woah what? Shooting N1 is pure madness! Don't be a grrr

Shooting N1 is standard play on my homesite and I consider it correct play. In fact in game solving exercises if there isn't a shot N1 there it's generally assumed there isn't a vig.

That said I can see why it wouldn't be here (lack of flips) so I won't scum read Wisp over it here. I just wanted to see his reasoning for why he didn't shoot. If his reasons had been good I could have possibly furthered my town read on him, but instead they were pretty NAI.
Sep 24, 2017 5:58 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
As for town the tell was the way Wisp was sheeping me early. In our quasi-hydra game together we got into a pretty good shared mindspace and were thinking along a lot of the same lines. For him to come out and just sheep me twice in our next game together felt like he was just naturally carrying over that level of trust. What got me noticing it was 174 and 175. If he was scum he'd have then turned around and tried to leverage that sheeping of me to do something but he didn't and I'm pretty confident he's town for that.

TLDR: He carried over trust from a hydra game (which often comes from town players after they play together with extra information) and didn't try to abuse it at all through now. Him actually forgetting I had a town read on him this page just further strengthens the read.

Edit: Changed a pronoun to a name for the first use.

I cant say I understand where this is coming from but this is only a reason for you to trust him, this doesnt really help the rest of us.

Sep 24, 2017 6:00 PM

Dec 2013
@re1031 my thoughts on Abu are he's scum who made a mistake atleast thats what I want to believe. I rather have wisp just shoot his slot at this point because the appeal to emotion has gotten me really bothered.

Sep 24, 2017 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
RE1031 said:
(Lazy) Reads List:
Town:
>RE
>Phraze (like, we're not that lucky)

Town Lean:
>ironace: purely meta. Nearly every game he's been in, there's always been some kind of intro where he points out that he's always scumread no matter what he does, wants to roll scum, etc.
>Shinichi: contrary to my vote yesterday, I believe this is town Shinichi. Very engaged. ( @Shinichi-kun I forgot, what are your thoughts on Abu?)

Neutral:
>Grapefruit: I don't agree with many of his reads, but this slot hasn't done anything I find particularly scummy.
>yurkin: She's commenting far less than normal. She posts once and then goes away for a bit. It's not what I'm expecting from her if she's town... But I do like her wariness of me. Like when I suggested Abu was bussing Shinichi.
>Last: I like his recent posts, but he hasn't struck me as town yet.
>Gwen: Honestly, a lot more fluff than what I expected. She's done more shading than I like. Technically a scumlean, but kind of too lazy to pressure...
>CP: His tunnel is weird, but not necessarily scummy. His fixation is something I've done as town. Need more, though.

Null:
>Togs: Hate the role.
>KOtA: He sounds new. I don't really know what to make of him other than that.

Scummy:
>Abu: I honestly don't know what to make of him, especially his more recent posts. But I did not like his push on Shinichi EoD1; it felt forced and he used far too simple reasoning to make Shinichi look bad.

Why is gwen a neutral read? Also why are you being lazy, ive seen you go ham on pressuring what gives?

I am always engage how is that a reason to give me a town read?

Also your read on Iron is purely meta based in a game all about the psychological aspect, which has me worried.

Sep 24, 2017 6:02 PM

Oct 2013
Gwendolly said:
Grapefruit21 said:

We will definitely not lynch CP,ironace or Abu! Their roles are important regardless their alignment (atleast for now). Please don't be stupid town.

unvote

And I dont wanna lynch Togs either xD That would be such a waste, really!! But yeah he hasnt contributed to anything, I understand that. Hopefully he gets active, 'cuz I do wanna know what he has to say too, still impressed of him in our first game together.
<3
Sep 24, 2017 6:04 PM

Dec 2013
Gwendolly said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Yes cause if kota doesnt get lynched i dont want him dieing at night

What? That doesnt even make sense xD Don't let him die at all then???

Well if he leaves past the day better to let him just give the information lol, i just rather not after his mistake because its hella scummy.

Sep 24, 2017 6:04 PM

Dec 2013
Gwendolly said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

No I meant "Me" as in "You"

Im confused why does it matter how i refered to myself?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (45) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.