Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 25, 2020 9:42 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I'm sorry but who sees a hat sitting on the side and thinks "Oh this is my christmas present!" and just puts it on and claims it, without there being a tag addressed to you or anything?! So irritating.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
May 3, 2021 11:36 AM

Aug 2017
Sawako's smile is so cute, must proteccct. Sawako's dad just took the hat she made for Kazehaya :(
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 2, 2021 4:22 PM

Jan 2021
A Christmas episode!!:D
Ahhh her smile is so cute!!
Jul 31, 2021 1:39 PM

Jun 2020
Madgie said:
To be honest, I felt bad for Sawako's dad. I can relate on feeling bad in a situation like that. >.> I really loved the art in this episode, it was great.

Sawako is starting to cry every episode now... I'm starting to expect it to happen like at least twice per episode. Now it's honestly starting to get ridiculous. I really do like Sawako, I just hope she's learning from her experiences. By the way she cries every time something nice happens, it doesn't really look like it.

+1 to this comment.

I felt Sawako was being quite selfish in this episode, her Dad clearly lives for his family Christmas and she can see her friends any time. I thought the moral of this story would be Sawako learning that while friends are important, her family loves her even more. Family comes first on occasions like this.
But I think it's important to remember that the significance of Christmas is different in Japan as it is in Christian countries where leaving your family to spend Christmas having a pissup with your mates is almost unthinkable. There are other more important festivals in their calendar which are more sacrosanct.

It's pretty much just an another excuse for parties, food and presents over there.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Mar 31, 2022 11:36 AM

May 2016
I expected zero negativity for this episode but it seems I was quite mistaken.
okay we get that her dad is roling is stupid but he is supposed to be like that
that's been known since his first appearance if you had missed this its clearly
your fault, moving on to Sawako was just pure blessing for my eyes and brain
this episode just melted everything along away.
Apr 23, 2022 8:43 PM

Dec 2021
I just cried from someone getting a fucking flip phone. Really though, I'm so happy the episode ended the way it did. Not a big bang, but a really soft moment instead.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
May 25, 2022 5:13 AM

Aug 2016
From a present from Santa, to a present from her Dad and a phone at that.
He's realising his little girl is growing up.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Dec 18, 2022 6:10 PM
Apr 2021
Un lindo capitulo de navidad, amo mucho a sawako pero me encantaría que realmente dijera lo que siente, anyway te amo loba.
Feb 12, 2023 5:27 PM
Sep 2021
Muito bom amo romance linda
Mar 29, 2023 12:22 PM

Jan 2021
this ep is so good
the father actually was a plague but he´s cute so i don´t care a lot
in this ep we them alone FINALLY so this is a good ep in general

Mar 29, 2023 12:23 PM

Jan 2021
this ep is so good
the father actually was a plague but he´s cute so i don´t care a lot
in this ep we them alone FINALLY so this is a good ep in general

Apr 17, 2023 10:41 AM

Feb 2019
How stupid Sawako's father can be? You simply do not sneek in her room and touch a Christmas present unless she gives it to you personally. That was rude, he put her in an awkward situation. I lost my braincells during that scene. 

Jun 9, 2023 11:22 AM
Apr 2023
sawako was so cringe in this episode. it was a HARD watch for me.
Jun 29, 2023 8:14 PM
Jun 2023
I hate her family, such a stupid family, maybe that's the reason Sawako feel unworthy and a people pleaser, sick family! I can tell her mother is super controlling, her father with super selfish personality, Sick family.Poor Sawako Chan :'(
Sep 17, 2023 1:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Romantic meeting under the snow in the christmas night!!! kekeke
Sep 17, 2023 1:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Reply to Shotshots
AMGAMGAMG, awesome episode! Great Christmas. And she has cell phone nao :3
great present, a cell phone and....
kekeke
Nov 25, 2023 6:26 PM

Oct 2022
Man this episode is hard to watch, her father is kinda annoying yet very kind. I don't blame anyone tho, Sawako is too kind for her own good. But I am still happy that she choose her parent over her friend
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 13, 2023 11:59 PM
Jan 2023
kazehaya my BOY pulled thru fr
Jan 16, 6:14 PM
May 2021
I feel bad for Sawako’s father tbh
Mar 1, 6:38 PM

Apr 2017
Reply to BritishBlitz87
Madgie said:
To be honest, I felt bad for Sawako's dad. I can relate on feeling bad in a situation like that. >.> I really loved the art in this episode, it was great.

Sawako is starting to cry every episode now... I'm starting to expect it to happen like at least twice per episode. Now it's honestly starting to get ridiculous. I really do like Sawako, I just hope she's learning from her experiences. By the way she cries every time something nice happens, it doesn't really look like it.

+1 to this comment.

I felt Sawako was being quite selfish in this episode, her Dad clearly lives for his family Christmas and she can see her friends any time. I thought the moral of this story would be Sawako learning that while friends are important, her family loves her even more. Family comes first on occasions like this.
But I think it's important to remember that the significance of Christmas is different in Japan as it is in Christian countries where leaving your family to spend Christmas having a pissup with your mates is almost unthinkable. There are other more important festivals in their calendar which are more sacrosanct.

It's pretty much just an another excuse for parties, food and presents over there.
@BritishBlitz87 I agree with this. I'd never spend Christmas or Thanksgiving with my friends. Those Holidays are family only. Same with Easter actually. Though cultures are different, so we have to respect it.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.