Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 9, 2017 8:09 PM

Jan 2009
Nishigori had been wanting to do an original since he finished with the Idolmaster movie 2 years ago.

Nishigori wanted everyone that had worked with him on TTGL, PSG and IMAS so he personally recruited everyone. Nishigori himself went to both Trigger and A1 and suggested the collaboration. Nishigori said that he wouldn't have gone along with the project if he didn't get both studios on board. Masayoshi Tanaka got involved via the A1 producer.

Originally, Wakabayashi from Trigger was worried because it felt like the methodology of Trigger and A1 conflicted with each other but he felt that such combo would create something interesting.

A1 is actually letting Trigger handle most of the creative process. Planning, design, concept, content; that is all handled by Trigger. A1 focuses more on making sure the vision gets to the screen.

Aniplex Producer: Trigger is wild. Nishigori is inexperienced with action so he is letting Imaishi and the guys at Trigger handle that. A1 will make sure that the work delivers solid and consistent animation. Imaishi's crew creates exciting action sequences while Tanaka as Chief Animation Director works on the depiction of the characters.

The entire work is basically Nishigori's wet dream. Everything about the work is Nishigori.

The hardest part of the work was the logistics between the collaboration, but they've already sorted that out and have good organization.

Trigger's culture is heavily driven by "design" that A1 does not have. In Trigger, the design process is probably what takes the most.

Nishigori was all "if Imaishi doesn't do it we can't do this" and left the action sequences to to Imaishi's imagination. Nishgori wants people to watch the show and realize that nobody other than Imaishi could have done the action scenes.

They let Imaishi go wild because they want a real feel of contrast with the human drama of the non-action scenes. They have wild action scenes from episode 1.

There are some episodes fully produced at A1 and episodes fully produced at Trigger, but all the action scenes are storyboarded at Trigger under Imaishi's supervision. Nishigori himself picked which episodes were better suit for Trigger and which were better for A1.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/6z4siy/producer_interview_trigger_x_a1_x_aniplex_about/

Imaishi is gonna animate or storyboard/supervise the action scenes? my hype is through the roof!
Sep 9, 2017 8:37 PM
Jan 2016
So it seems I can feel safe about the visuals, animation, cinematography, & everything around it. As for the story/the writing, still a bit worried. So my prediction is this will be a beautiful, exciting, & unique anime with weak writing. I hope I am wrong.
Sep 10, 2017 1:26 AM

Apr 2017
Sasuga Trigger for saving this Meme thing once more lol

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Sep 13, 2017 7:19 AM
Jul 2018
So in other words:

- This took a bit to get into the collaboration project (he wanted to recruit people he had worked prior into the respective series he worked on or helped on)
- Most of it will be in charge of Trigger or Trigger will be mostly in charged of the stuff rather than A1 while A1 helps more on the extra additional stuff and keeping things afloat.
- Imaishi will help along with Nishigori with the storyboard since Nishigori is inexperience with it.

I think with this it leaves a lot of positive outlook to this, hope it'll be good. Since I'm looking into this one the most out of the 3 series Trigger is going to produce.

RnDNEET021 said:
Sasuga Trigger for saving this Meme thing once more lol

Trigger saving anime is already a meme in itself though?
Sep 13, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2011
I'm really looking forword to this especially with them saying imashi is just going to go full hem with the action. As long as the script if good this could be a great mecha series, just hope its 2 cour cause its always a waste when originals are only 1.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 11, 2017 9:30 AM

Feb 2017
Nishigori is right to give more work to the guys of TRIGGER, because apparently so far, they know how to make anime. The problem is that they talk a lot about the action and atmosphere but not the concept and story of the characters, so this probably ends up being a kind of rule of cool or an experimental anime, which would make sense because such collaboration still seems very strange.
Nov 26, 2017 5:51 PM
Jul 2016
So it seems I can feel safe about the visuals, animation, cinematography, & everything around it. As for the story/the writing, still a bit worried. So my prediction is this will be a beautiful, exciting, & unique anime with weak writing. I hope I am wrong.

I will be honest with you: I fully agree with what you said about weak writing. I also found the proposal weak and even repetitive. I have nothing against repeated formula as long as it is executed successfully. Still, it's a pity to be a repeat. For the rest, I hope the same as you: a work with a story not very innovative, but with good technical execution.
Nov 26, 2017 5:56 PM
Jul 2016
I believe it will be a decent work, with a medium story, but with above average animation. People are very frightened of the action part that was assigned to Imaishi. Imaishi is experienced, and he will not get his hands on the animation, but rather oversee and craft the action storyboards with the director, with whom he has coincidentally worked.

I think people should stop fearing for something so shallow. He is a director of respect, and will certainly do a consistent job.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 22, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.