Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Nov 23, 2017 4:51 PM

Oct 2017
I don't think there are many people that can hate SKET Dance (the manga), will you give it a quick check, @aburadako ?
EpistemophileNov 23, 2017 5:01 PM
Just check my manga list if you want the anime scores... I'd mostly rate them the same unless there's any significant change to the plot.
Nov 23, 2017 11:45 PM

Jun 2012
Epistemophile said:
I don't think there are many people that can hate SKET Dance (the manga), will you give it a quick check, @aburadako ?

Sure. It gets a score of 0.68. Not bad but not close to the Miyazaki films.
Nov 23, 2017 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
OyAlinDesu said:
Every anime has fans and haters . While for some of them , the fans are a minority , for others haters are so few that they can be seen as irrelevant . This is where my question appears : do you think that there is an anime that is impossible to hate ?
My personal example : Death Note . I think it's such a good anime that one could only hate on its popularity ( you know , hipsters ) .
Second example : Inuyasha . Aside from being very good (at least in my opinion , if you don't like it i won't judge you ) , it also has a very strong nostalgia factor to it , since a lot of people remember it from their childhoods .
Remember , opinions must be respected , so if you feel like answering SAO for example , that doesn't give anybody the right to tell you anything . Be honest .
I think you have the answer to your question within the subtext of your post
Nov 24, 2017 2:08 AM
Aug 2017
BararaqSaiqa said:
OyAlinDesu said:
Every anime has fans and haters . While for some of them , the fans are a minority , for others haters are so few that they can be seen as irrelevant . This is where my question appears : do you think that there is an anime that is impossible to hate ?
My personal example : Death Note . I think it's such a good anime that one could only hate on its popularity ( you know , hipsters ) .
Second example : Inuyasha . Aside from being very good (at least in my opinion , if you don't like it i won't judge you ) , it also has a very strong nostalgia factor to it , since a lot of people remember it from their childhoods .
Remember , opinions must be respected , so if you feel like answering SAO for example , that doesn't give anybody the right to tell you anything . Be honest .
I think you have the answer to your question within the subtext of your post

In all these months , i realised there is no answer .
Nov 24, 2017 6:52 AM

Oct 2017
Hey @Aburadako , just for curiosity's sake, can you check the specs for the other end of the spectrum, specifically anime like Boku no Pico, Hametsu no Mars, School Days, and Tenkuu Danzai Skelter+Heaven.
Just check my manga list if you want the anime scores... I'd mostly rate them the same unless there's any significant change to the plot.
Nov 24, 2017 7:09 AM

Sep 2017
Assassination Classroom. I don't think anyone hated this anime. If there is, they are not anime fans.
Nov 24, 2017 7:23 AM

Jul 2017
No such anime exist like that. Bottom line is... every anime even the ones that are high rated here on mal (Steins;Gate, FMAB, Gintama, HXH) have haters on them..

But on my opinion, here's one of those anime that are impossible to hate..

ITS THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON ANIME

Feb 14, 2019 8:38 AM

May 2018
149597871 said:
One Piece? It's an absolute masterpiece tbh. Why would you even hate it. Doesn't matter whether you are 10, 70 years old, female, male, non-binary, french, japanese or german. Everyone who watched its 800 episodes knows that.

We're talking about anime that are impossible to hate, right? Yikes. Saying One Piece is 100% 'unhateable' is a pretty big statement. There's plenty to hate about the series, such as:

The art-style, the bland characters, the repetitive story arcs, the 2/3 minute openings, one chapter per episode, the overall length..I could go on and on.

The openings and pacing are anime-only issues but believe me when I say that the manga is just as bad.
Feb 14, 2019 11:09 AM

May 2010
I promise you elitists will literally find a way to hate anything regardless of how fun, good or enjoyable it is.

Just look @ Kimi no na Wa, Steins;Gate, Shigatsu, etc

People will ALWAYS have to be the "smart" and "different" ones.

Kind of sad when you really think about it.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 14, 2019 11:11 AM

Jul 2007
Magical Girl Site is impossible to hate. Anyone who claims to hate it is lying!
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 14, 2019 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
People will hate
1) animes that are popular
2) animes that has many fans
3) animes that didn't meet their expectations
4) animes that exist

There is no anime that isn't hated and people will hate on animes for various stupid reasons or if it wasn't like that attack on titan WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO HATE also I think Grave of the fireflies shouldn't get a single hate even if I didn't enjoy it much cause how depressing it was but you can't hate on something so tragic that is so realistic
Feb 14, 2019 11:29 AM

May 2010
laviha said:
People will hate
1) animes that are popular
2) animes that has many fans
3) animes that didn't meet their expectations
4) animes that exist

There is no anime that isn't hated and people will hate on animes for various stupid reasons or if it wasn't like that attack on titan WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO HATE also I think Grave of the fireflies shouldn't get a single hate even if I didn't enjoy it much cause how depressing it was but you can't hate on something so tragic that is so realistic

Grave of the Fireflies is literally a masterpiece.

But your #1 - 4 is pretty accurate.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 14, 2019 11:44 AM

Dec 2016
Don't know if I already replied earlier, not gonna check 8 pages, so if this is a repeated comment or not idc.

Besides the obvious Ghibli movies, I don't understand how can anyone hate other kid oriented stuff like Pokemon. As said before, the show does nothing that can offend anyone, it does its job of being entertaining to its target audience (people under the age of 12) and can be still enjoyable for adults unless they come for it expecting something like EVA, SEL or Bebop, which is obviously nonsense.
Feb 14, 2019 11:48 AM

May 2010
Arkab said:
Don't know if I already replied earlier, not gonna check 8 pages, so if this is a repeated comment or not idc.

Besides the obvious Ghibli movies, I don't understand how can anyone hate other kid oriented stuff like Pokemon. As said before, the show does nothing that can offend anyone, it does its job of being entertaining to its target audience (people under the age of 12) and can be still enjoyable for adults unless they come for it expecting something like EVA, SEL or Bebop, which is obviously nonsense.

What obviously Ghibli movies? Pretty sure Jex was saying Spirited Away and Mononoke were "shit-tier" not that long ago

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 14, 2019 12:15 PM

Dec 2016
Johan said:

What obviously Ghibli movies? Pretty sure Jex was saying Spirited Away and Mononoke were "shit-tier" not that long ago

And why do you take his opinion that seriously lol XD Jex is a special case.

You know... I was referring to the likes of Spirited Away, Totoro, Ponyo, Arrietty, Castle in the Sky and so on.
Feb 14, 2019 12:17 PM

May 2010
Arkab said:
Johan said:

And why do you take his opinion that seriously lol XD Jex is a special case.

You know... I was referring to the likes of Spirited Away, Totoro, Ponyo, Arrietty, Castle in the Sky and so on.

I didn't like Ponyo tbh, but yeah i call

Spirited Away, Mononoke, Totoro and Howl's moving Castle - Miyazki's magical 4.

My favourite Ghibli movie will always be Grave of the Fireflies tho

Arrietty might be Ghibli's most underrated film.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 14, 2019 12:35 PM

Dec 2016
Johan said:

Oh yeah forgot about Howl. Never understood why is it so looked down by many Ghibli watchers, when it is as lovely, magical and enchanting as Spirited.
Feb 14, 2019 12:38 PM
Dec 2018
There can't be a particular anime that everyone loves, but yes , they do exist for each and everyone of us which we can't hate no matter what. Most of the time they are the anime that comprise our childhood memories, I remember anime like Pokemon, DBZ, and especially Beyblade which i used to wait hours for to air on television. Looking back, I know those weren't so good, but no matter what anyone tells me, I just can't hate those, because they hold those good old days for me. As with me, I am sure everyone has that one anime they adore .
Feb 14, 2019 12:39 PM

May 2010
Arkab said:
Johan said:

Oh yeah forgot about Howl. Never understood why is it so looked down by many Ghibli watchers, when it is as lovely, magical and enchanting as Spirited.

I do think it's cool how Ghibli is so great there's about 8-10 movies you can make a realistic argument for being their best. And i've personally met people who had

-Howl's
-Grave of the Fireflies
-Mononoke
-Spirited Away
-Kiki's Delivery Service

as their favourites.

I know Only Yesterday is the darling of the elitists.

Fun fact my Chrome theme is Totoro lol

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 14, 2019 12:49 PM

Mar 2017
Mushishi and Gurren Lagann I think :)
Feb 14, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2016
Johan said:

I do think it's cool how Ghibli is so great there's about 8-10 movies you can make a realistic argument for being their best. And i've personally met people who had

-Howl's
-Grave of the Fireflies
-Mononoke
-Spirited Away
-Kiki's Delivery Service

as their favourites.

Porco Rosso is another of the "unconventional" titles haha.

And Kiki I think was just too boring for its own sake. Its the only Ghibli movie I fell asleep with. I don't even remember what was it about.
Feb 14, 2019 12:58 PM

May 2010
Arkab said:
Johan said:

-Howl's
-Grave of the Fireflies
-Mononoke
-Spirited Away
-Kiki's Delivery Service

as their favourites.

Porco Rosso is another of the "unconventional" titles haha.

And Kiki I think was just too boring for its own sake. Its the only Ghibli movie I fell asleep with. I don't even remember what was it about.

I wasn't the biggest Kiki fan, gave it a 7/10

there are some genuinely weak ones imo

the aforementioned Porco Rosso, Ponpoko & Ponyo were all 6's at best for me.

My neighbours the yamadas & tales of earthsea i think i each gave 5's to.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 14, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 2018
HATERS GONNA HATE
mal30charactersisshit
Feb 14, 2019 1:07 PM

Jan 2017
KawaiiOtakuNeko said:
I think mirai Nikki is a anime you cant hate. it has very good writing and very good female protagonist who is every otakus dream girl. I can't see anyone give this anime under 8 if you are not just a anime hater. the opening is also sugoi =D

Both main characters we're shit and I hate them both so much. The writing was meh too. Yuno Gasai is the most overrated shit character I've ever seen, there's no reason to like her.
you're cool
Feb 14, 2019 1:24 PM
May 2018
I prefer many Animes and think they are great .
But Animes that occupy a special Position are Hunter x Hunter , Boku no Hero academia and Naruto . Also , My Childhood Animes like Slam Dunk . I really like them and immpossible to hate
Feb 14, 2019 5:19 PM

Jun 2015
a comfy neutral episodic anime would be hard to legitamately hate instead of just not enjoy. something like mushishi/natsume yujin cho/maybe osomatsu-san? I've heard people say slice of lives are boring, but that dosnt indicate hate
Feb 15, 2019 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
KawaiiOtakuNeko said:
I think mirai Nikki is a anime you cant hate. it has very good writing and very good female protagonist who is every otakus dream girl. I can't see anyone give this anime under 8 if you are not just a anime hater. the opening is also sugoi =D

what the f are you saying, the two main characters are stupid af and thats why this shit should be hated
Feb 15, 2019 10:47 AM

Apr 2018
KawaiiOtakuNeko said:

Rofl, I can respect your opinion, but no, Mirai Nikki has a ton of issues. The writing is atrocious, there are plot holes galore, and the characters aside from Minene and Akise are outrageously unlikeable. That and Yuki's ability to forgive Yuno over and over is just unrealistic. Doesn't make me a hater to point out the flaws.
Feb 15, 2019 10:54 AM
Dec 2018
OyAlinDesu said:
'

ghost in the shell Stand alone complex. really i dont think anyone can say its not well done
Feb 15, 2019 11:19 AM

Jul 2007
Oh please lol. Mirai Nikki is a masterpiece. Ya'll are just sensitive to a little bit of edge.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 15, 2019 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Index III. You can't hate things that doesn't exists.

Good thing I can hate it now.

On topic, not sure if any show like that exists, there are lots of stupid reasons to hate a show anyway without watching.
Feb 15, 2019 11:31 AM

Dec 2018
I think pretty much everything, not even just in anime, is going to have some sort of faction/group that hates it.

I saw someone else mention something episodic and calming like Mushishi though and I’m inclined to agree that’s as close as it will get.

I’ve only seen 2 episodes and I found them extremely boring, but there really isn’t anything to hate about it having said that.

I’m sure there are some who will though.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Feb 15, 2019 11:31 AM

Mar 2016
there's no right or wrong answer here. some people are just gonna hate on series for no justifiable reason, regardless of it actually being good or not.
Feb 15, 2019 11:33 AM

Dec 2018
And as for Mirai Nikki, I strongly disagree there are plot holes. I thought there was after my first watch through, regarding the timeline spicifically but a few other things as well, but upon my second watch through I noticed I was wrong and it actually fits together.

If anyone who thinks it has plot holes wants to discuss them with me I’d be happy to do so in a civilized manner.

Having said that though, there are plenty of reasons to hate Mirai Nikki.

Predominantly the rape and underage nudity.
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 15, 2019 11:35 AM

Apr 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Oh please lol. Mirai Nikki is a masterpiece. Ya'll are just sensitive to a little bit of edge.

I've watched Black Lagoon and Parasyte, and both are top-quality anime IMO. I don't think edge is the issue. I just happen to think Future Diary doesn't have a lot going for it.

May as well be renamed "Stockholm Syndrome: The Anime."
Feb 15, 2019 11:46 AM

Jul 2007
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:
EndlessMaria said:

I've watched Black Lagoon and Parasyte, and both are top-quality anime IMO. I don't think edge is the issue. I just happen to think Future Diary doesn't have a lot going for it.

I'm mostly just joking. Mirai Nikki is a weird anime that clearly doesn't appeal to everyone so I can understand not liking the Yuno and Yuki. But I was super into it and I don't care too much for romance usually, but I found their relationship interesting. .
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 15, 2019 11:49 AM

Apr 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
And as for Mirai Nikki, I strongly disagree there are plot holes. I thought there was after my first watch through, regarding the timeline spicifically but a few other things as well, but upon my second watch through I noticed I was wrong and it actually fits together.

If anyone who thinks it has plot holes wants to discuss them with me I’d be happy to do so in a civilized manner.

I think another thing that I couldn't get past was Yuki's inane and unrealistic idea of forgiveness. He forgives Yuno constantly after everything that she does to him, kidnapping and lying to him for example. Him forgiving his dad was the biggest offender to me. His dad was an absolute jackass. He stays out of his son's life for a good chunk of the anime, then comes in to steal his phone to pay off his egregious amount of debt, leaves Yuki to die in a collapsing tower, and finally kills his mom. And Yuki STILL forgives him after all of that?

Good lord that character is dense.
Feb 15, 2019 11:49 AM
Nov 2016
Running with the Wind, Hinamatsuri
Feb 15, 2019 11:52 AM

Oct 2018
KonoSuba 3 because it doesn't exist
*I used to be cringe, nowadays I’m even cringier* 😎
Feb 15, 2019 12:04 PM
Feb 2019
I'd say Dragon ball n Pokemon cz those are timeless classics!!!! And mirai Nikki too
Feb 15, 2019 12:05 PM

Dec 2018
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:
Hokage_Jason said:

I think another thing that I couldn't get past was Yuki's inane and unrealistic idea of forgiveness. He forgives Yuno constantly after everything that she does to him, kidnapping and lying to him for example. Him forgiving his dad was the biggest offender to me. His dad was an absolute jackass. He stays out of his son's life for a good chunk of the anime, then comes in to steal his phone to pay off his egregious amount of debt, leaves Yuki to die in a collapsing tower, and finally kills his mom. And Yuki STILL forgives him after all of that?

Good lord that character is dense.

Ugh, I so totally agree on the part about his dad. I fucking hated that dude, and wanted Yuki to die after he forgave his father. ESPECIALLY after he killed his mom.

To be honest I just hate Yuki all together except in the last 3ish episodes. Yuno deserved better.

As for Yuno I definitely do see why people more normal/practical than myself would hate her. There’s a million and one reasons to hate her and Yuki lol.

Between her abusive background though, and the fact everything she did was ultimately to spend more time with the person she loved, i sympathized with her to an extent. Plus laughing at how absurdly bat shit crazy she was, was my main source of enjoyment from the show XD

I guess there’s also admittedly probably a part of me with a crazy chick fetish. Not Yuno specifically cause she’s like 14, but in general, which makes me more inclined to sympathize/forgive her. The only time I really hated her was when she kidnapped Yuki, and even then it was to keep him safe.

TLDR; I like crazy characters, thought Yuno and Minene were hillarious to watch, and sympathized for Yunos shitty childhood.

But totally understand a normal persons choice to hate her.
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 15, 2019 12:10 PM
Dec 2016
I would personally say me that the anime that is impossible to hate is One Piece. It’s been going on for so long, such a great story and amazing characters. It’s so creative and the fights have such a lasting impact that I can’t stop but rewatch them all the time.

I could also see why other people might hate on it because the fights are sometimes dragged out and the pace but there is a reason it’s been on for so long and still going so obviously people love it.
Feb 15, 2019 12:20 PM

Apr 2018
Being totally real here, the only anime that I can't see people hating is Hinamatsuri. That show is just wholesome incarnate.
Feb 15, 2019 12:28 PM

Aug 2018
There is always hate for any anime so there is no anime like that :/

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Feb 15, 2019 9:52 PM

May 2018
149597871 said:
GoldenWind said:

We're talking about anime that are impossible to hate, right? Yikes. Saying One Piece is 100% 'unhateable' is a pretty big statement. There's plenty to hate about the series, such as:

The art-style, the bland characters, the repetitive story arcs, the 2/3 minute openings, one chapter per episode, the overall length..I could go on and on.

The openings and pacing are anime-only issues but believe me when I say that the manga is just as bad.

Never seen such an exceptionally flawless constructive criticism since The Last Jedi's youtube reviews. That being said we may also agree that there isn't really an anime that deserves the title. Also what the fuck I wrote that like what, 2 years ago?

I didn't say I'm a reviewer. I'm not gonna write a big, detailed criticism for something people will just scroll past. Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Also, the fact that you wrote that 2 years ago scares me. This thread is never-ending.
Feb 17, 2019 10:47 AM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
I think it would be damn near impossible to hate Yuru Camp. If you hate Yuru Camp, you are not a comfy person
Feb 17, 2019 10:51 AM

May 2010
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:
EndlessMaria said:

I agree with you on this. Mirai Nikki hadd some big issues that make it one of those types of shows both casuals and elitists alike can disaprove of.

Still gave it a mid 6 though, wasn't terrible, just- some of the issues you pointed out with the characters are pretty hard to get past

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 17, 2019 10:52 AM
Sep 2015
Daily lives of high school lives.

soukugeki no soma.
Feb 17, 2019 10:55 AM

Jan 2018
yoman21a said:
I think it would be damn near impossible to hate Yuru Camp. If you hate Yuru Camp, you are not a comfy person

Amen. Let's go find all the Yuru Camp haters and eradicate them. The world will surely become a comfier place.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 17, 2019 10:57 AM

Jan 2019
No one can hate Non Non Biyori

and if they do they are not human, just a savage.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

16 by Kruszer »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

55 by Toooooooooohru »»
3 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

66 by KayKimii »»
6 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

9 by Toooooooooohru »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 10 hours ago

23 by Toooooooooohru »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.