Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2017 8:13 PM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome show~! Really enjoyed it~

Funny/melancholic that they obviously set up a sequel that never happened (yeah there's Scramble but that's new characters).

The chief girl never followed through with her promise on getting the baddies from W lolol
Apr 19, 2018 1:56 PM

Aug 2012
This series was alot better than I thought it would be honestly. Full of fun action packed humor with a bunch of 1 dimensional but still fun characters I found enough to appreciate here.

The fan service was also much tamer (at least by todays standards) than a series bundled with ADV's infamous jiggle counter would have you believe.

Shame they never got to do anymore of this series with these characters.

Not sure whether to move onto Burn Up Scramble, while I have just crammed in Burn Up!, Burn Up! W and Burn Up! Excess in just 3 days I think moving onto Scramble with it's new characters and digital animation might too much for me right now...maybe.
Jun 3, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
To me the mix of seriousness (lots of people die in gruesome ways) and comedy (ecchi jokes, runs out of money all the time and so on) didn't really work. They should've focused on the comedy part and not get that serious. The fanservice was also quite weak imo, though the last two or three episodes turned that up a bit in a few scenes. Overall though quite boring. 3/10
Sep 8, 2023 10:00 PM

Sep 2020
Crazy ending!

The show was a lot better than I expected, really fun comedy, action, and outrageous stories. I really wanted to see what happened next with Maki and the new Chief.

Rio is the bestest!

8.5 bouncing bear bras /10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Sep 14, 2023 3:59 AM

Jun 2021
it's always nice to see someone hacking with gloves and shaking hands in mid air, Lilica does it exactly like Keanu Reeves character from Johnny Mnemonic did already two years before, it's a typical 90's tech trope and i honestly enjoy it.

Once again Yuji great at helicopter skills and Nanvel had a great escape plan with her new invention (plus her small lookalike doll is adorable exactly like her)

Poor Maki... once again, nothing made me think she survived. It's a bittersweet ending, and sort of weird how abrupt in mood swings the ending scenes have rolled, with the Warrior Team that didn't look too concerned about her, Yuji being a pervert one last time, and Rio having the 3rd impossible mugging picture of her in a row.

Still... a very enjoyable show overall that deserved more attention, and with great contribution from italian dub too. i'll confirm my previous 8/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Burn Up Excess Episode 12 Discussion

Gator - Jun 2, 2020

2 by _untitled »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:14 AM

Poll: » Burn Up Excess Episode 11 Discussion

Gator - Jun 2, 2020

2 by _untitled »»
Sep 13, 2023 2:44 PM

Poll: » Burn Up Excess Episode 10 Discussion

Gator - Jun 1, 2020

3 by _untitled »»
Sep 13, 2023 6:00 AM

Poll: » Burn Up Excess Episode 9 Discussion

BlaizeV - Apr 19, 2018

2 by _untitled »»
Sep 13, 2023 4:54 AM

Poll: » Burn Up Excess Episode 8 Discussion

Gator - May 28, 2020

2 by _untitled »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.