Forum Settings
Forums

Agnostics of MAL, what is your favorite religion, and have you considered converting to that religion?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 23, 2017 1:40 PM

Dec 2014
byakugami said:
Frag- said:
Both are collective.
Conservatives believe that the power of their group should be opposed to other groups, and not for the individual. So they're collective.

Feminism or not, you should not be telling people what they should do. You're not the one who consider when the life starts (also because it already started).
NO ONE chose to exist, It's the mother's choice, not yours.
Your views on abortion are mainly surpersitious, and not ethic/rational.
Why should you or anyone else be able to decide when life starts? At what age do you think people should be legally defended from being killed, and why is your opinion more valid than mine?
I can decide a sperm or an egg is a life, why not? People are murdered when they are PEOPLE, not 2 or 3 cells.
It's the mother's property, if you believe in property rights.

Oh well, I don't know why I'm still here and this came to be an abortion topic.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Aug 23, 2017 1:45 PM

May 2010
Frag- said:
byakugami said:
Why should you or anyone else be able to decide when life starts? At what age do you think people should be legally defended from being killed, and why is your opinion more valid than mine?
I can decide a sperm or an egg is a life, why not? People are murdered when they are PEOPLE, not 2 or 3 cells.

I do believe in property rights. I do not believe people are property.

You are arguing tautologically and as such seem to have a disturbingly tenuous grasp on basic logic. If "people are murdered when they are PEOPLE" was the best you could think of, why didn't you just give up and post somewhere else?
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 23, 2017 1:48 PM

Dec 2014
byakugami said:
Frag- said:

You are arguing tautologically and as such seem to have a disturbingly tenuous grasp on basic logic. If "people are murdered when they are PEOPLE" was the best you could think of, why didn't you just give up and post somewhere else?
If someone is a parasitic invader of you property you have the right to expel them by force. And now a fetus that can't live by itself.

I don't know what's your point, you're the one who started talking about that.
Aug 23, 2017 1:56 PM

May 2010
Frag- said:
byakugami said:

If someone is a parasitic invader of you property you have the right to expel them by force. And now a fetus that can't live by itself.

You keep switching back and forth between claiming it's not a person and claiming it's an "invader". I wish you would pick one argument and stick with it.

But to address your latest point, I'd say that the "invader" is there through no fault of its own and should not be punished with death, and that the mother "invited" it there by intentionally engaging in an action that she knew had a good chance of creating a new person.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 23, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
I'm somewhere in between agnostic and atheist so yeah. I don't really have a favorite religion unless animism counts. I mean it'd be kind of neat if lobsters had souls, but I have not considered converting lol
Aug 23, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2014
byakugami said:
Frag- said:

You keep switching back and forth between claiming it's not a person and claiming it's an "invader". I wish you would pick one argument and stick with it.

But to address your latest point, I'd say that the "invader" is there through no fault of its own and should not be punished with death, and that the mother "invited" it there by intentionally engaging in an action that she knew had a good chance of creating a new person.
The problem is that you're arguing in this thread.

I'm taking it only to the property rights that Rothbard uses. I prefer much more the biological one, but you don't give me choice.
It's just the right of the woman.

Can we just be back to the OT?
Aug 23, 2017 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
traed said:
Yarub said:

Sufism isn't even a religion. It was and will always be part of Islam. They're basically Islamic Mystics.

It's technically it's own religion because they accept non-Muslims into their group. There is a small number of non-Islamic Sufis as far as Im aware. It's both a part of Islam and a branch off of it's own. Isn't it fair to say it has those two sides to it?

I think its fake about that part where you heard there is non Muslim Sufis.

Its pretty much impossible. The whole Sufi Zirk is pretty much their way of praying and worshipping. The stuff they sing are mostly praises on Allah, the Prophet and the verses from the Quran. What would the point be of a non Muslim in one such gathering.

Also most Sufi groups are part of the Sunni Islam branch.
Aug 23, 2017 2:37 PM

May 2010
Frag- said:
byakugami said:

I'm taking it only to the property rights that Rothbard uses. I prefer much more the biological one, but you don't give me choice.

I didn't bring abortion into this thread, but out of respect for Rothbard I guess I'm fine with a truce. I'm getting sick of this anyway.

Aug 23, 2017 2:47 PM

Mar 2008
Ramkec said:
traed said:

It's technically it's own religion because they accept non-Muslims into their group. There is a small number of non-Islamic Sufis as far as Im aware. It's both a part of Islam and a branch off of it's own. Isn't it fair to say it has those two sides to it?

Its pretty much impossible. The whole Sufi Zirk is pretty much their way of praying and worshipping. The stuff they sing are mostly praises on Allah, the Prophet and the verses from the Quran. What would the point be of a non Muslim in one such gathering.

It's not fake. In a later post I expanded on that. I should have worded it better. It's not all sufi groups accept non Muslims just a small number of certain ones do and even then they are a minority among them. Well Allah is also the Arabic word for God and not only the name of God is it not? Also some people would rather try to experience god before jumping to conclusions of the attributes of a god, which includes religion and this is fairly normal in mysticism and esoteric religions. So such persons may try various paths to god through various techniques found in various religions.
Aug 23, 2017 3:04 PM

Feb 2012
traed said:
Ramkec said:

It's not fake. In a later post I expanded on that. I should have worded it better. It's not all sufi groups accept non Muslims just a small number of certain ones do and even then they are a minority among them. Well Allah is also the Arabic word for God and not only the name of God is it not? Also some people would rather try to experience god before jumping to conclusions of the attributes of a god, which includes religion and this is fairly normal in mysticism and esoteric religions. So such persons may try various paths to god through various techniques found in various religions.

Can you name those groups that accept non Muslims (or just link to the post if I missed it). I just can't imagine it working out, how do they do the chanting if they have no much knowledge of Islam or Quran? I'd like to do some research on them.

Its just weird.
Aug 23, 2017 3:15 PM

Aug 2017
I'm agnostic, but I have a large interest in Hellenism. Since it's the believe system of the ancient Greeks, it's not exactly an active religion. However, there are some reconstructionism groups, but they're fairly small as far as I know.

I haven't considered converting, but I have thought about which of the gods I would honour, and I have prayed to Athena during my national exams.
Aug 23, 2017 3:58 PM
Jul 2018

This video is perfect for this thread.
Aug 23, 2017 4:03 PM

Dec 2014
byakugami said:
Frag- said:

I didn't bring abortion into this thread, but out of respect for Rothbard I guess I'm fine with a truce. I'm getting sick of this anyway.
Rothbard sees abortion as moral as he gets into property rights, he gave good arguments. But I prefer the biological one, a clutterfuck of cells is NOT a person.

Well, you started stating out about leftists thing and individual's right.

Anyways, I don't think I'm going further since it's not the right topic..
Aug 23, 2017 4:59 PM

Mar 2008
Ramkec said:
traed said:

Can you name those groups that accept non Muslims (or just link to the post if I missed it). I just can't imagine it working out, how do they do the chanting if they have no much knowledge of Islam or Quran? I'd like to do some research on them.

Its just weird.

Yeah, sure. The Chishti Order and Sufi Order Ināyati. I'm not sure if you could call it purely Sufism or not but it i a thing. There also are non-Islamic religions that were suspected to have draw from Sufism, such as Rosicrucianism
Aug 23, 2017 6:12 PM

Feb 2012
traed said:
Ramkec said:

Its just weird.

Yeah, sure. The Chishti Order and Sufi Order Ināyati. I'm not sure if you could call it purely Sufism or not but it i a thing. There also are non-Islamic religions that were suspected to have draw from Sufism, such as Rosicrucianism

I see, I see, very interesting. And also true when you said not sure is it purely Sufism or not since there's already been criticism of those groups from actual Sufi orders.

Will look more into them and their practices, thx.
Aug 23, 2017 11:08 PM

Aug 2014
i am a de facto theist (still agnostic) and i heavily prefer southern baptist christianity and i might convert in another year

penis lol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » is marriage compulsory?

FruitPunchBaka - 6 hours ago

11 by cody »»
55 minutes ago

» Is mental illness real?

rian2 - Yesterday

15 by Hikinekomori »»
2 hours ago

» America in 1962

rian2 - 10 hours ago

4 by tsukareru »»
3 hours ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country? ( 1 2 )

Sad - Apr 16

54 by juanlqr »»
3 hours ago

» which anime did you watch first, the one you saw when you were just a child?

FruitPunchBaka - Yesterday

24 by Dracowyn »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.