Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2017 11:34 PM

Jul 2015
...the One Shot Chapters, and the King/Fubuki arc?
and just wait to do the entire Garou arc in a Hypothetical Season 3?(they would just need to Rearrange the Garou scenes from the King/Fubuki Mini arc and just put them in the start for a Hypothetic Season 3)

This is assuming if Season 2 is 12 Episodes, and a Hypothetical Season 3(would be way in the future ...is like 13 Episodes)
Sup...
Aug 14, 2017 12:06 AM

Dec 2013
That isn't enough. It will most likely end with the tournament/introduction of the MA.
Aug 14, 2017 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
G_Spark233 said:
That isn't enough. It will most likely end with the tournament/introduction of the MA.
It actually is enough, the page numbers for the Extra/Specials' are actually quite big, and the King/Fubaki arc can be done in 2 Episodes(or more if they add anime original sscenes like with Season 1)
Sup...
Aug 17, 2017 2:00 AM
May 2017
+SenpaiJay98 Hey, how's it going? I saw your reddit post of this same discussion. I already commented there, so no need for me retread old ground here. Just wanted to give a shout out to a fellow OPM subredditor.
Aug 28, 2017 12:29 PM

Jun 2014
I'm really wondering how they are going to adapt this at the moment. To be honest, they would need like 50 episodes to make it even a bit interesting.

The published chapters are great, but I don't think they're going to end a One Punch Man season without a good fight. Edit: There has not been one so far by the way.
Aug 28, 2017 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
Season 1 didn't do all the one shots either so they'll adapt 7 volumes just like before.
Aug 28, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
o damn, the only thing that keeps away the rope.
thx for this info
Sep 6, 2017 11:22 AM
Aug 2017
Depends how much they want to cut and how much they want to keep. I imagine they'd want to end on a huge high note just like season 1 with Boros which might be difficult.

Don't remember too great but I remember the invasion-end of the tournament being pretty long and the fact they happen simultaneously means they couldn't end at something like metal bat and garou.

There is not a satisfying place to end the season until at least the end of the tournament arc but that might feel a bit rushed.

I think that this season may suffer with pacing since I imagine they will aim to make it end at the end of the tournament arc.
Roses are red
Felix is a dude
Traps are gay
And so are you
Sep 11, 2017 1:19 PM
May 2017
El_Aniki95 said:
I'm really wondering how they are going to adapt this at the moment. To be honest, they would need like 50 episodes to make it even a bit interesting.

The published chapters are great, but I don't think they're going to end a One Punch Man season without a good fight. Edit: There has not been one so far by the way.

50 episodes to make it interesting? You didn't like Season 1?

The series would probably end after 50-100 episodes, Season 2 will likely be 12 episodes just like Season 1. I doubt they can wait for a "good fight" the whole point of the series is that Saitama can't get one. Maybe by the series finale, but that's decades from now.
Sep 11, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2014
NoneNone said:
El_Aniki95 said:

The series would probably end after 50-100 episodes, Season 2 will likely be 12 episodes just like Season 1. I doubt they can wait for a "good fight" the whole point of the series is that Saitama can't get one. Maybe by the series finale, but that's decades from now.

I loved the first season. But a lot happened as well. As to where we are now, not so much happens in comparison. They would have to split the current arc in several seasons which would not have the same impact the first season had.
Sep 11, 2017 1:49 PM
May 2017
[quote=NoneNone]
El_Aniki95 said:

I loved the first season. But a lot happened as well. As to where we are now, not so much happens in comparison. They would have to split the current arc in several seasons which would not have the same impact the first season had.

Only two seasons, since the manga has almost reconnected to the webcomic, and the rest of the webcomic arc has around 40 chapters, same as Season 1. I personally feel King arc, Blizzard arc, Hero Hunt arc, Metal Bat arc, Monster raids, Super Fight, and a little after are pretty good, but that's just me.

And King's hero speech plus Watchdogman would be a good kind cliffhanger finale, since everything settles down, but the current story isn't yet over.
Jan 19, 2018 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
NoneNone said:
El_Aniki95 said:

Sorry this is an old quote lol but we're talking about the manga. Boros made for a nice finale to season 1, but there isn't anything similar that could be used for season 2.
Jan 19, 2018 9:42 PM
May 2017
No problem, always glad to talk about OPM.

As for a Season 2 finale, yes, you're absolutely right there's no Boros esque fight for Season 2. Well, technically there is... in the webcomic. Problem is, it won't enter the manga for at least two more years, everything in the manga post Season 1 has been buildup for a yet unadapted arc as long as Season 1.

Since it's that far away, obviously the saga has to be split. Personally, I think the best finale we have right now (that makes sense) is Suiryu's monster gauntlet: beating most of the weaker monsters, getting beaten by Gouketsu, then saved by the "weak" heroes Snek and Max (pulling a Mumen Rider), finally being tortured to pathetic tears by Bakuzan only for Saitama to save him.

Sure, it's not the Boros' level fightn people might have hoped for, but even Saitama calls this out saying how disappointed he was that none of the monsters could challenge him. Yes, Saitama himself is disappointed by the finale! Then the cliffhanger of Garou oneshot by Saitama, who still hopes the famed "Human Monster" can possibly give him a challenge. Ends with King and Saitama walking off into the sunset. Not and epic ending, but workable nonetheless, since we know better things are in the future.
Jan 28, 2018 7:53 AM

Jul 2016
If season 3 were the Garou arc, then what's left for Season 2? Just fucking about with Fubuki? I like Fubuki, but an entire season of that would definitely sour that opinion.
Feb 28, 2018 9:59 PM
Feb 2018
NoneNone said:
El_Aniki95 said:

The webcomic isn't continuing?
Feb 28, 2018 10:39 PM
May 2017
qwertyMrJINX said:
If season 3 were the Garou arc, then what's left for Season 2? Just fucking about with Fubuki? I like Fubuki, but an entire season of that would definitely sour that opinion.

Got news from Murata's stream a month ago, Season 2 will cover the Super Fight arc, but will be drastically cutting it down. The likely reason is that Season 2 will go until the big battle in Punch 84, the finale of the hero hunt.
Feb 28, 2018 10:44 PM
May 2017
SIMOMEGA said:
The webcomic isn't continuing?

No news, but there hasn't been an update for about a year. And Mob Psycho 100's webcomic has concluded, so ONE only has the OPM manga storyboards to draw, and the OPM webcomic. He might have decided he wants to invest completely in the manga.

Though, for some reason, he changed the main page picture for his site from a giant crane monster and Saitama to a picture of the moon and a tree. I don't see why he would have done that if he didn't intend to use the site again.
Mar 1, 2018 3:39 AM

Jul 2016
NoneNone said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

Got news from Murata's stream a month ago, Season 2 will cover the Super Fight arc, but will be drastically cutting it down. The likely reason is that Season 2 will go until the big battle in Punch 84, the finale of the hero hunt.
Super fight...? You need to be way more specific than that, all the fights are super fights.
Mar 1, 2018 9:03 AM
May 2017
qwertyMrJINX said:
Super fight...? You need to be way more specific than that, all the fights are super fights.

That's the name of the martial arts tournament.
Mar 18, 2018 6:55 PM

Apr 2014
NoneNone said:
qwertyMrJINX said:

84 would be an amazing place to end, though I worry it would feel a bit rushed.

How would it work out?
episode 1: the stuff involving king, the introduction of Garou
episode 2: fubuki visiting saitama, garou fights the tank tops
episode 3: saitama visits them in hospital, gets tournament entry, knocks out garou, enters tournament
episode 4: metal bat protects the dude from centipede, tournament starts
episode 5: garou interrupts metal bat, some fights from tournament
episode 6: basically the rest of vol 12
episode 7: vol 13
episode 8: turning the fighters into monsters, saitama beating gouketsu
episode 9: post-invasion stuff, like saitama being bored, sonic eating the cells, the monster association contacting the hero association
episode 10: chapters 80, 81
episode 11: chapters 82, 83
episode 12: chapter 84

Some of it might feel a bit cramped, but I think it would work out pretty nicely. There are a lot of hero vs monster fights that could be made to go by pretty quickly, such as fubuki vs that chick that turns everybody against her, or genos vs the monsters during the tournament. As long as the big fight in the forest isn't cut down at all, I think it's a nice spread.
Mar 18, 2018 7:56 PM
May 2017
EpsilonX said:

Some of it might feel a bit cramped, but I think it would work out pretty nicely. There are a lot of hero vs monster fights that could be made to go by pretty quickly, such as fubuki vs that chick that turns everybody against her, or genos vs the monsters during the tournament. As long as the big fight in the forest isn't cut down at all, I think it's a nice spread.

Here's the exact quote from the guys who quoted Murata: "Murata said season 2 anime is likely cut a lot of content from the Superfight Arc, making it 2 episodes or so." So I think S2 will separate the tournament from the other events, and shorten it to two episodes, one for the actual tournament, the other for the monster stuff afterward.

episode 1: King (>100 pages, most of S1 episodes were below that)
episode 2: Garou + Blizzard/Sonic fights
episode 3: Blizzard with Saitama group, Tanktop fights, hospital, alley fight, Saitama gets his wig
episode 4: metal bat's whole gauntlet, ending with Garou rejecting the MA invite
episode 5: global MA attacks, Genos + Blizzard fights
episode 6: S-Class fights
episode 7: Montage of fights, Suiryu vs Saitama
episode 8: Sped up Suiryu vs MA, Saitama saves the day, Garou gets kicked (doesn't work as the start of an episode, and happens literally hours afterward)
episode 9: post-invasion stuff, the monster association contacting the hero association

Yeah, we basically cover the same stuff, it's just that the tournament will explicitly be trimmed to two episodes, and I doubt Murata meant everything from Volumes 10-14 (1000 pages, 750 story pages without bonus, enough for 7 episodes) would be trimmed down to two episodes. That's why I guess it will be separated from the other storylines.
Mar 18, 2018 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
NoneNone said:
EpsilonX said:

Here's the exact quote from the guys who quoted Murata: "Murata said season 2 anime is likely cut a lot of content from the Superfight Arc, making it 2 episodes or so." So I think S2 will separate the tournament from the other events, and shorten it to two episodes, one for the actual tournament, the other for the monster stuff afterward.

episode 1: King (>100 pages, most of S1 episodes were below that)
episode 2: Garou + Blizzard/Sonic fights
episode 3: Blizzard with Saitama group, Tanktop fights, hospital, alley fight, Saitama gets his wig
episode 4: metal bat's whole gauntlet, ending with Garou rejecting the MA invite
episode 5: global MA attacks, Genos + Blizzard fights
episode 6: S-Class fights
episode 7: Montage of fights, Suiryu vs Saitama
episode 8: Sped up Suiryu vs MA, Saitama saves the day, Garou gets kicked (doesn't work as the start of an episode, and happens literally hours afterward)
episode 9: post-invasion stuff, the monster association contacting the hero association

Yeah, we basically cover the same stuff, it's just that the tournament will explicitly be trimmed to two episodes, and I doubt Murata meant everything from Volumes 10-14 (1000 pages, 750 story pages without bonus, enough for 7 episodes) would be trimmed down to two episodes. That's why I guess it will be separated from the other storylines.

Maybe they're just changing the order of events around so it'll better fit into an episode format? Everything between Saitama's first encounter with Garou and the end of the tournament is a bunch of stories happening simultaneously, which works much better in manga format than in anime format. If they re-arrange things a bit, those various stories could each be an episode. That way, they could spread everything from the tournament across two episodes.

Also, I was originally thinking King could be fit into a single episode, but when I saw it was only three punches, I was like "oh, it must be shorter than I remember it." That's the problem with this sort of speculation - since all of the chapters are wildly different lengths, it makes it a lot harder to judge.
Mar 19, 2018 8:27 AM
May 2017
EpsilonX said:

Maybe they're just changing the order of events around so it'll better fit into an episode format? Everything between Saitama's first encounter with Garou and the end of the tournament is a bunch of stories happening simultaneously, which works much better in manga format than in anime format. If they re-arrange things a bit, those various stories could each be an episode. That way, they could spread everything from the tournament across two episodes.

Also, I was originally thinking King could be fit into a single episode, but when I saw it was only three punches, I was like "oh, it must be shorter than I remember it." That's the problem with this sort of speculation - since all of the chapters are wildly different lengths, it makes it a lot harder to judge.

Yeah, it's a little hard to tell how they're going to do it, I would guess they'd want standalone episodes for the most part. Garou and Blzzard are too mixed together due to Sonic/Charanko to be split I think. A Metal Bat episode would be so hype, starting with Tigers and ending after the Garou fight. Then an episode about the weaker heroes getting trashed, Genos is the only one holding his ground (for a while). The other S-Class all in one episode would pretty self-contained.

So I see it as four arc: the Intro arc (King/Blizzard/Garou); the Monster Raid arc (Metal Bat/Genos + Blizzard/S-Class); the Tournament arc (Super Fight/Gouketsu), then the Cabin arc (HA + MA/Gatling's team/Genos/Elder battle). Similar to how S1 had four arcs as well.

I'm not sure about Pri Pri at the end of the tournament or Sonic's story in the midst of the HA/MA stuff. Someone once suggested the theory they could get moved somewhere, maybe put Pri Pri with the other S-Class fights (tournament is too long already, but S-Class fights aren't), and, crazy idea, move Sonic's story to Genos vs Garou. That would allow the Gatling's team vs Garou to be its own episode, and would emphasize the struggles to become strong of Genos/Garou/Sonic, as well as the MA.
NoneNoneMar 19, 2018 8:42 AM
Mar 19, 2018 6:46 PM

Apr 2014
NoneNone said:
EpsilonX said:

Yeah, it's a little hard to tell how they're going to do it, I would guess they'd want standalone episodes for the most part. Garou and Blzzard are too mixed together due to Sonic/Charanko to be split I think. A Metal Bat episode would be so hype, starting with Tigers and ending after the Garou fight. Then an episode about the weaker heroes getting trashed, Genos is the only one holding his ground (for a while). The other S-Class all in one episode would pretty self-contained.

So I see it as four arc: the Intro arc (King/Blizzard/Garou); the Monster Raid arc (Metal Bat/Genos + Blizzard/S-Class); the Tournament arc (Super Fight/Gouketsu), then the Cabin arc (HA + MA/Gatling's team/Genos/Elder battle). Similar to how S1 had four arcs as well.

I'm not sure about Pri Pri at the end of the tournament or Sonic's story in the midst of the HA/MA stuff. Someone once suggested the theory they could get moved somewhere, maybe put Pri Pri with the other S-Class fights (tournament is too long already, but S-Class fights aren't), and, crazy idea, move Sonic's story to Genos vs Garou. That would allow the Gatling's team vs Garou to be its own episode, and would emphasize the struggles to become strong of Genos/Garou/Sonic, as well as the MA.

Whatever happens, as long as they don't cut down on Garou, I'll be satisfied. He's without a doubt my favorite part of the series. I also reaaaaally hope they adapt chapter 84 and don't end it before that.
Mar 19, 2018 8:13 PM
May 2017
EpsilonX said:

Whatever happens, as long as they don't cut down on Garou, I'll be satisfied. He's without a doubt my favorite part of the series. I also reaaaaally hope they adapt chapter 84 and don't end it before that.

I doubt they'll cut anything out of him, and am pretty sure they'll make it to chapter 84. It's basically already perfect as its own episode (I really like this colored video of that chapter, the guy even does speed lines and moving figures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtivfDAWcGk&t=140s). And believe me when I say you've seen nothing of Garou, yes, there are some people still complaining about the manga took too long to get to the "good stuff".

I said it several times, but I really take it as gospel truth: Murata's comment on trimming the tournament. Garou wasn't involved with it at all, so that would suggest against cutting for him. He's essentially the protagonist of the saga. And cutting only happens when there's too much material, the anime wouldn't cut material if it ended sometime after the tournament (I counted 1104 pages to Garou getting kicked by Saitama, less than S1's 1127 pages).
NoneNoneMar 19, 2018 8:22 PM
Mar 19, 2018 9:54 PM

Apr 2014
NoneNone said:
EpsilonX said:

I doubt they'll cut anything out of him, and am pretty sure they'll make it to chapter 84. It's basically already perfect as its own episode (I really like this colored video of that chapter, the guy even does speed lines and moving figures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtivfDAWcGk&t=140s). And believe me when I say you've seen nothing of Garou, yes, there are some people still complaining about the manga took too long to get to the "good stuff".

I said it several times, but I really take it as gospel truth: Murata's comment on trimming the tournament. Garou wasn't involved with it at all, so that would suggest against cutting for him. He's essentially the protagonist of the saga. And cutting only happens when there's too much material, the anime wouldn't cut material if it ended sometime after the tournament (I counted 1104 pages to Garou getting kicked by Saitama, less than S1's 1127 pages).

Heh, I don't have any worried about being his material being cut, I'm just saying they can rush through the other stuff all they want, I just want more Garou.
May 2, 2018 8:08 AM

Feb 2018
Yea I am not even certain that 24 episodes would be enough to cover the entire events from the manga (after boros death) up until now (including the climax of the Garou/monster association arc) s2 ll most likely end on a cliff hanger with Saitama killing Goketsu at the end of the tournament arc :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by Gooliver »»
Yesterday, 2:48 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

201 by tensemoment »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.