Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 24, 2017 4:49 PM

May 2012
Baronight said:
I dun really mind about the whole incest thing...it just overall execution of this anime is really bland and generic...someone point out i need to watch latest episode to see the character development...Yeap, i did that, but that's not character development whatsoever..just backstory, of something very obvious...everything just connected, just like that...conveniently

IMO, this anime is beyond salvation...It's way too shallow and poorly executed...it bombard you with cuteness after cuteness to compensate for it hollow content...Oreimo is interesting, Candy Boy is interesting...heck, Yosuga no Sora is interesting...Eromanga is not (assuming you want to compare incest anime)

Whats bland and generic? I think its awesome and kickass... Its easy to throw words around with no context sticking to them.

So your saying that there is no character development because there actually is, but its too convenient for you? So when you watch Jurassic Park do you complain about how convenient it is for the T-Rex to break loose? Do you complain about everything? Seems like it with this logic.

Shallow and poorly executed? Alright how about awe inspiring and totally epic? Its easy to throw around random words. Hollow content, again with no context....

Then you list shows that are interesting because you like them, and Eromanga Sensei is not interesting because you dont like it....

Its fine to have an opinion and all, but if this show is just so damn bad how come you could not come up with 1 genuine criticism? You just came in and started throwing around insulting words.
Jun 24, 2017 5:29 PM

May 2014
Take note that you're taking the whole Oreimo anime into account, that's 2 seasons with true route and specials

While at Eromanga-sensei, it's only the 1st season

Eromanga-sensei 1st season is clearly better than Oreimo 1st season so I don't know what the hell are you talking about
Jun 24, 2017 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
Thank you for this post, you summed it up perfectly. I cannot for the life of me understand the people who say that Eromanga is "Oreimo but better!!1!"

Reikuo said:
Baronight said:
I dun really mind about the whole incest thing...it just overall execution of this anime is really bland and generic...someone point out i need to watch latest episode to see the character development...Yeap, i did that, but that's not character development whatsoever..just backstory, of something very obvious...everything just connected, just like that...conveniently

IMO, this anime is beyond salvation...It's way too shallow and poorly executed...it bombard you with cuteness after cuteness to compensate for it hollow content...Oreimo is interesting, Candy Boy is interesting...heck, Yosuga no Sora is interesting...Eromanga is not (assuming you want to compare incest anime)

Whats bland and generic? I think its awesome and kickass... Its easy to throw words around with no context sticking to them.

So your saying that there is no character development because there actually is, but its too convenient for you? So when you watch Jurassic Park do you complain about how convenient it is for the T-Rex to break loose? Do you complain about everything? Seems like it with this logic.

Shallow and poorly executed? Alright how about awe inspiring and totally epic? Its easy to throw around random words. Hollow content, again with no context....

Then you list shows that are interesting because you like them, and Eromanga Sensei is not interesting because you dont like it....

Its fine to have an opinion and all, but if this show is just so damn bad how come you could not come up with 1 genuine criticism? You just came in and started throwing around insulting words.

Here's some genuine criticism:
-Inconsistent characters (Elf is the biggest culprit. She seems to be a different person in every fucking episode.)
-No character development beyond "OMG she stepped out of her room... again!" and "Oh wow Muramasa isn't a bitch anymore... oh wait, she was never actually a bitch!" and "Elf is now in love with Masamune... or wait, she accepts his love for Sagiri? That's pretty mature of her! Or, wait, what? She just confessed to him? What the fuck does she want?"
-Lots of plot conveniences (off top of my head: Masamune and Sagiri's parents- how did they meet? One was a respectable business man, another was a hikkikomori artist woman who never left her house. So they just... met somehow? Okay, then)
-Excuses to get innocent girls to do lewd things, even when it is completely out of character for them to do so

I could go on and on...
removed-userJun 24, 2017 5:41 PM
Jun 24, 2017 6:21 PM

Jun 2016
_Ako_ said:

Please don't tell me that you rant because OreImo go full incest? (well not really but it somewhat did)

Have you seen end of Oreimo ? I dont think they really went full incest, they went there just to make instant u-turn with MC ending up with nobody at the end what pissed everybody off. I dont know how you made that conclusion anyway because I never said anything like that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2017 6:32 PM

Jun 2016
Illyricus said:
I cannot believe one of the complaints of OP is that the MC is like Kirito. I just can't, SAO has done a lot of damage to this community, I swear.

I am sorry but I think Kirito is definition for a guy who gets all the chicks, is dense as hell and have no character or motivations, just so every horny teenager could relate to him and imagine himself as him thus I am comparing him to this eromanga MC. I dont know if because you like Kirito this is a problem.
teagonJun 24, 2017 6:39 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2017 6:36 PM

Feb 2015
teagon said:
_Ako_ said:

Please don't tell me that you rant because OreImo go full incest? (well not really but it somewhat did)

Have you seen end of Oreimo ? I dont think they really went full incest, they went there just to make instant u-turn with MC ending up with nobody at the end what pissed everybody off. I dont know how you made that conclusion anyway because I never said anything like that.

Ignored what I said... Okay, I can see what you did there dude... :/

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1630137&show=0#msg51248987

Ehh... Basically, the dating part is when they went full but didn't at the same time...

teagon said:
Illyricus said:
I cannot believe one of the complaints of OP is that the MC is like Kirito. I just can't, SAO has done a lot of damage to this community, I swear.

I am sorry but I think Kirito is definition for a guy who gets all the chicks, is dense as hell and have no character or motivations, just so every horny teenager could relate to him and imagine himself as him thus I am comparing him to this Oreimo MC. I dont know if because you like Kirito this is a problem.

I fail to see why OreImo is dense like Kirito... He sunk everything for his imouto... :/
Jun 24, 2017 6:42 PM

Jun 2016
_Ako_ said:

I fail to see why OreImo is dense like Kirito... He sunk everything for his imouto... :/

My bad, my ninja-edit wasnt quick enough, I meant eromanga MC
Jun 24, 2017 6:48 PM

Jun 2016
_Ako_ said:

Ehh... Basically, the dating part is when they went full but didn't at the same time...

Never had problem with "going full incest" problem was (and for most of the fandom) that they didnt stayed it and became normal siblings at the end for no logical reason other than writer avoiding controversy
Jun 24, 2017 6:48 PM

Feb 2015
teagon said:
_Ako_ said:

My bad, my ninja-edit wasnt quick enough, I meant eromanga MC

But still could be applied to Kirito... He fucked Asuna dude (in the game) ... Like not most harem MC would do....

Eromanga MC is fine on his own, the story quite focuses on the Imouto anyway, from what I've seen of course... I mean he reject Muramasa-senpai and possibly Elf-sensei :( :(

teagon said:
_Ako_ said:

Never had problem with "going full incest" problem was (and for most of the fandom) that they didnt stayed it and became normal siblings at the end for no logical reason other than writer avoiding controversy

It is not the series fault but the people who have a problem with it. I mean the series followed a rocky relationship at first and gradually became smoother...

But still, I've felt what it feels when your ship sunk so... :/
_Ako_Jun 24, 2017 6:52 PM
Jun 24, 2017 7:29 PM

May 2012
HikariJake said:
Thank you for this post, you summed it up perfectly. I cannot for the life of me understand the people who say that Eromanga is "Oreimo but better!!1!"

Reikuo said:

-Inconsistent characters (Elf is the biggest culprit. She seems to be a different person in every fucking episode.)
-No character development beyond "OMG she stepped out of her room... again!" and "Oh wow Muramasa isn't a bitch anymore... oh wait, she was never actually a bitch!" and "Elf is now in love with Masamune... or wait, she accepts his love for Sagiri? That's pretty mature of her! Or, wait, what? She just confessed to him? What the fuck does she want?"
-Lots of plot conveniences (off top of my head: Masamune and Sagiri's parents- how did they meet? One was a respectable business man, another was a hikkikomori artist woman who never left her house. So they just... met somehow? Okay, then)
-Excuses to get innocent girls to do lewd things, even when it is completely out of character for them to do so

I could go on and on...

Elf is a bit inconsistent, not a different character every episode though. If you feel a need to exaggerate its hardly because your on point.

No clue what the Maramasa comments mean.

The final episode had Sagiri with a room full of friends and getting along with her brother, the polar opposite of episode 1. That is called character development.

Elf does not know what she wants and has conflicting feelings, I will admit its not clear but it was also never clear she accepted his feelings for Sagiri. She has been shown to toy with Sagiri, Masamune, and Maramasa multiple times. Though as it stands now, we dont know entirely why. I dont see anything plot breaking, we just dont know everything about her. Shes confident and boisterous, she wants to beat them and she thinks she can.

I mean there are an abundance of different ways they could have met I mean really?

The female cast doing lewd acts is not out of character, I mean its a fictional animated universe and all... Also Megumi, Sagiri, and Elf dont come off as very innocent right from the start.
ReikuoJun 24, 2017 7:32 PM
Jun 24, 2017 7:48 PM

May 2015
yes but i liked the chara design in eromanga sensei more
Jun 24, 2017 7:59 PM
Jun 2017
Oreimo is more trashier than Eromanga sensei...
Jun 24, 2017 8:02 PM

Mar 2008
I like Eromanga sensei way more. It is funnier and with better character design and drawing. : v
Jun 24, 2017 9:04 PM

Nov 2007
Reikuo said:

Whats bland and generic?

Do we really have to go in detail with this? sry mate, the list is too long, i aint a reviewer, i dun feel like watch back each episode to pin point how generic this show is...

You like the show, so be it, that's your opinion...no amount of criticism gonna change that...you will find a way to counter my argument anyway that all other romance anime are rehearse shit, its the same, blablabla...its endless debate...

I would close this statement by saying this...romance anime are pretty much the same every where else (i know it, coz i watch a lot of romance anime)...its the execution that count...for me, Eromanga doesnt have that execution to get me invested in any of the characters...thus = generic and bland
Jun 24, 2017 9:11 PM

May 2012
Baronight said:
Reikuo said:

Whats bland and generic?

Do we really have to go in detail with this? sry mate, the list is too long, i aint a reviewer, i dun feel like watch back each episode to pin point how generic this show is...

You like the show, so be it, that's your opinion...no amount of criticism gonna change that...you will find a way to counter my argument anyway that all other romance anime are rehearse shit, its the same, blablabla...its endless debate...

I would close this statement by saying this...romance anime are pretty much the same every where else (i know it, coz i watch a lot of romance anime)...its the execution that count...for me, Eromanga doesnt have that execution to get me invested in any of the characters...thus = generic and bland

You made some very direct claims and clearly failed to back them up. At the least, make your first point that you could not personally get invested in the characters rather then 3-4 paragraphs of generic insults and then backing out when pressured to explain further.
Jun 24, 2017 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
Reikuo said:
HikariJake said:

I could go on and on...

Elf is a bit inconsistent, not a different character every episode though. If you feel a need to exaggerate its hardly because your on point.

The only way I could really convince you is if I rewatched every episode and marked every time Elf had a separate personality. I'm not wasting my time doing that. But you even admitted that Elf is inconsistent, so I'll take that.

No clue what the Maramasa comments mean.

You don't remember how when Muramasa was introduced, she was super antagonistic and wanted Masamune to lose the contest? At the time, we thought she was just a bitch who hated lesser-known light novel authors, but then she is revealed to want Masamune to write solely for her, of course. Wow, such character development! (It was basically the only plot twist/development in the show).

The final episode had Sagiri with a room full of friends and getting along with her brother, the polar opposite of episode 1. That is called character development.

Very, very basic character development that had no convincing build up to it. Just the episode prior she could hardly make her way down the stairs. Now I'm supposed to buy that she can talk to other people in the same room? How the hell did this happen? Oh, wait, I know: because we need her to act like a pervert so we can have ecchi scenes. Brilliant!

Elf does not know what she wants and has conflicting feelings, I will admit its not clear but it was also never clear she accepted his feelings for Sagiri. She has been shown to toy with Sagiri, Masamune, and Maramasa multiple times. Though as it stands now, we dont know entirely why. I dont see anything plot breaking, we just dont know everything about her. Shes confident and boisterous, she wants to beat them and she thinks she can.

Episode 8, I believe, she was pretty clear that she was okay with Masamune's feelings for Sagiri.
What's ridiculous about her character, is that sometimes she's walking around naked in her house playing the piano and bragging about how she's an amazing writer (even though her brother has to force her to write). Then other times she's an intelligent, playful girl who is mature about romance (episode 8 she was a genuinely cool character).

I mean there are an abundance of different ways they could have met I mean really?

Sure, but pretty convenient that their children happen to be the exact two children who were chatting with each other online. And then pretty convenient that they both die at relatively the same time so that Masamune and Sagiri can live alone together and fuck.

The female cast doing lewd acts is not out of character, I mean its a fictional animated universe and all... Also Megumi, Sagiri, and Elf dont come off as very innocent right from the start.

They're all virgins who don't know what a dick looks like (as proved by the latest episode). "Don't come off as innocent" my ass.
Jun 24, 2017 9:51 PM

Nov 2007
Reikuo said:

You made some very direct claims and clearly failed to back them up. At the least, make your first point that you could not personally get invested in the characters rather then 3-4 paragraphs of generic insults and then backing out when pressured to explain further.

Its not a claim or some sort, dun make it official.....just my personal opinion about the show...i dun feel like explaining much, coz it seems like when someone explain too much, they get bashed until they have to taken their review down (case point, an unknown reviewer of this anime which used to be on top section for the review, now its gone...probably the amount of PM he got is too much for him to handle)

But oh well, if you really wanna know why i say that instead of just leave it alone...i will just leave a few paragraph to satisfy your curiosity...

A romance anime is good when everything being unfolded slowly...in every romance anime, you can pretty much guess who gonna fall for the MC base from the amount of screen time they had (the list of girls)...that's why execution is important, building up a character is important, slowly give us small bit of development to give us a taste of each character personality, is very important

In Eromanga, everything unfold way too fast and too predictable...it was fine halfway, but when muramasa confess she love his old work, thus she love him.....,then all hell break lose, so now you gonna love random person just because you like his work? what if he is old fat dude? how can you just confess without even knowing what kind of person he is? (thats why i said this is worst than love on first sight..its badly paced)

Now, if the first season of eromanga is just them getting to know each other,...no romance whatsoever, straight author to author helping each other, then slowly unfold that, they actually find the cute/reliable/handsome side of him...then it have some saving grace...

Elf despite being the only one that were given more time for development, barely got any weight to her feeling...when where how she suddenly fall for him? i cant remember at all, it seems like when Elf brother ask masamune what he feel for her, and she accidentally hear that...now suddenly you gonna propose him? why all the sudden?

When romance anime decide to throw all the climatic part without fill in the gap, and building the character... it feel rushed, there is no weight to the romance...none at all....

You dont get to do backstory of how i meet your mother to fill in the gap...that doesnt help much to build character (especially in sagiri part...its all too obvious at this point it doesnt even matter)...by ep1-3 i think?, its already damn obvious sagiri wan his brother to be her bf...

Eromanga would have been decent if first season is a build up, and second season is the climatic moment...then i can get invested in the character...now all the cards have been laid on the table, bare and exposed.....i couldnt even bother anymore...

If season 2 really happen due to its popularity...probably just gonna be filler after filler of both elf and muramasa trying to get into masamune pants, by which it would be obvious he wont flinch coz he already rejected them both on S1...which make S2 really pointless fan service devoid of any romantic advancement other than the possibility of him either bang his sister or stay as brother...

Execution is important in romance...try to make us keep guessing who MC gonna end with (just like saekano im watching...its much better experience in romance department)...

I expect this anime to execute its romance part as good as oreimo (contrary to popular opinion, i like the romance progression in oreimo)....so if your expectation of this anime revolve around execution of loli cute moment, alot of .gif picture, and shit load of fanservice, then you find it enjoyable...for me, i expect it to be at least somehow a decent one in romance department...not this bad...
Baron85Jun 24, 2017 10:05 PM
Jun 24, 2017 10:01 PM

Jun 2016

this

this

I hope that somebody will find this criticism "genuine" and "ungeneric" enough because if this not idk then but if you ask me this is going nowhere anyway. I just wanted to point out all the general flaws this anime has, certainly I triggered few people where I see that even writing down every one problematic scene (and oh boy that would be a list) wouldnt really done anything so I dont think is wise to waste time like this with all the non trashy anime in the world to watch... peace
teagonJun 24, 2017 10:07 PM
Jun 24, 2017 10:06 PM

May 2012
@HikariJake
You don't remember how when Muramasa was introduced, she was super antagonistic and wanted Masamune to lose the contest? At the time, we thought she was just a bitch who hated lesser-known light novel authors, but then she is revealed to want Masamune to write solely for her, of course. Wow, such character development! (It was basically the only plot twist/development in the show).

Yea it was character development, and far from the only development in the show.
Very, very basic character development that had no convincing build up to it. Just the episode prior she could hardly make her way down the stairs. Now I'm supposed to buy that she can talk to other people in the same room? How the hell did this happen? Oh, wait, I know: because we need her to act like a pervert so we can have ecchi scenes. Brilliant!

Sagiri already had Elf and Megumi in her room well before this episode... It was gradual.
Episode 8, I believe, she was pretty clear that she was okay with Masamune's feelings for Sagiri.
What's ridiculous about her character, is that sometimes she's walking around naked in her house playing the piano and bragging about how she's an amazing writer (even though her brother has to force her to write). Then other times she's an intelligent, playful girl who is mature about romance (episode 8 she was a genuinely cool character).

So Elf sounds like a teenage girl? I dont get it this does not sound like a problem to me.
Sure, but pretty convenient that their children happen to be the exact two children who were chatting with each other online. And then pretty convenient that they both die at relatively the same time so that Masamune and Sagiri can live alone together and fuck.

Its also convenient the T-Rex gets loose on Jurassic Park, is there a point? Sorry they did not meet in line at a gas station. Its also pretty typical for romance connections to be almost ethereal in this genre.
They're all virgins who don't know what a dick looks like (as proved by the latest episode). "Don't come off as innocent" my ass.

Who cares if they have not seen a dick when when they act the way they do. No they dont come off as innocent for 95% of the anime. Megumi does not even need explaining, Elf rolling on the floor upset over Masamunes request to help him improve his writing over another type of favor when she says she would do anything for him to not alert her brother. Sagiri...
Jun 24, 2017 10:39 PM
Jul 2018
Reikuo said:
@HikariJake

Yea it was character development, and far from the only development in the show.

I know I even called it development but thinking about it, I was wrong. It wasn't development, it was just a plot twist. She never held any ill will against Masamune. It was retarded and unrealistic, too; if she just wanted him to write for her, there are plenty of better ways to do so than to be a jerk-- plenty of more in-character ways. Like, oh I dunno, write him a letter asking him to cooperate with her. But no, we had to waste a few episodes on that competition thing that was just blown off in the most anticlimactic way anyway.

Sagiri already had Elf and Megumi in her room well before this episode... It was gradual.

True, forgot about that. My point is still valid that it's inconsistent and goes back and forth, though. I guess the only conclusion is that she isn't shy when she wants to sexually harass other girls. Pretty damn good character writing, I've gotta admit.

So Elf sounds like a teenage girl? I dont get it this does not sound like a problem to me.

I don't know any teenage girl like Elf. I've never heard of a single human like Elf.
A lazy successful foreign elven nudist piano-playing light novel writer tsundere middle school girl who lives alone in a mansion. Sounds like a typical teenage girl to me.

Its also convenient the T-Rex gets loose on Jurassic Park, is there a point? Sorry they did not meet in line at a gas station. Its also pretty typical for romance connections to be almost ethereal in this genre.

What?? A T-Rex gets loose in Jurassic Park because a corporation was plotting to steal the embryos and one of the guys hacks into the system and shuts off all security, including the electrical gates, so he could escape the island with the embryos in-hand. Due to the electric fences being turned off around the entire island, the T-Rex can easily break through the fence. Hardly an astronomical coincidence.
What I explained about the parents in Eromanga is most certainly a 1 in a thousand coincidence.

Who cares if they have not seen a dick when when they act the way they do. No they dont come off as innocent for 95% of the anime. Megumi does not even need explaining, Elf rolling on the floor upset over Masamunes request to help him improve his writing over another type of favor when she says she would do anything for him to not alert her brother. Sagiri...

Megumi does need explaining, actually, because they clearly explained that she was faking her sluttiness. The reason this was done is so she can be an innocent waifu like all of the other girls.
Sagiri is innocent sometimes ("I don't know anyone by that name") then other times is the world's biggest perv, to a criminal degree. The girl should be locked up when she's let loose in her sick fantasies. But other times, she's so innocent that her brother patting her fucking head is the lewdest thing in the world to her. The characters are absolutely inconsistent, poorly written tropes and memes slapped onto a waifu character design.
Jun 24, 2017 10:42 PM

May 2012
Baronight said:
Reikuo said:

Its not a claim or some sort, dun make it official.....just my personal opinion about the show...i dun feel like explaining much, coz it seems like when someone explain too much, they get bashed until they have to taken their review down (case point, an unknown reviewer of this anime which used to be on top section for the review, now its gone...probably the amount of PM he got is too much for him to handle)

But oh well, if you really wanna know why i say that instead of just leave it alone...i will just leave a few paragraph to satisfy your curiosity...

A romance anime is good when everything being unfolded slowly...in every romance anime, you can pretty much guess who gonna fall for the MC base from the amount of screen time they had (the list of girls)...that's why execution is important, building up a character is important, slowly give us small bit of development to give us a taste of each character personality, is very important

In Eromanga, everything unfold way too fast and too predictable...it was fine halfway, but when muramasa confess she love his old work, thus she love him.....,then all hell break lose, so now you gonna love random person just because you like his work? what if he is old fat dude? how can you just confess without even knowing what kind of person he is? (thats why i said this is worst than love on first sight..its badly paced)

Now, if the first season of eromanga is just them getting to know each other,...no romance whatsoever, straight author to author helping each other, then slowly unfold that, they actually find the cute/reliable/handsome side of him...then it have some saving grace...

Elf despite being the only one that were given more time for development, barely got any weight to her feeling...when where how she suddenly fall for him? i cant remember at all, it seems like when Elf brother ask masamune what he feel for her, and she accidentally hear that...now suddenly you gonna propose him? why all the sudden?

When romance anime decide to throw all the climatic part without fill in the gap, and building the character... it feel rushed, there is no weight to the romance...none at all....

You dont get to do backstory of how i meet your mother to fill in the gap...that doesnt help much to build character (especially in sagiri part...its all too obvious at this point it doesnt even matter)...by ep1-3 i think?, its already damn obvious sagiri wan his brother to be her bf...

Eromanga would have been decent if first season is a build up, and second season is the climatic moment...then i can get invested in the character...now all the cards have been laid on the table, bare and exposed.....i couldnt even bother anymore...

If season 2 really happen due to its popularity...probably just gonna be filler after filler of both elf and muramasa trying to get into masamune pants, by which it would be obvious he wont flinch coz he already rejected them both on S1...which make S2 really pointless fan service devoid of any romantic advancement other than the possibility of him either bang his sister or stay as brother...

Execution is important in romance...try to make us keep guessing who MC gonna end with (just like saekano im watching...its much better experience in romance department)...

I expect this anime to execute its romance part as good as oreimo (contrary to popular opinion, i like the romance progression in oreimo)....so if your expectation of this anime revolve around execution of loli cute moment, alot of .gif picture, and shit load of fanservice, then you find it enjoyable...for me, i expect it to be at least somehow a decent one in romance department...not this bad...

Thank you for a competent write up.

I dont consider this post to be the answer, or the definitive veiw, but its how I saw the show when I viewed it.

We only have private moments with two characters, Masamune and Sagiri. Maramasa and Elf dont get these moments. Elf confessed in front of the audience, it was a surprise to both us and Masamune. Elfs and Muramasas motivations are not supposed to be as clear as Sagiri and Masamunes. This is because the story is from the very first episode told from both Masamune and Sagiris point of veiw. We get internal dialogue from Masamune, but we still get moments alone with Sagiri in her room. We know these two characters the best. They openly talk with us about their internal feelings.

This is why there is such a clear distinction in the winner, Elf and Maramusa are essentially antagonists. The screen time is not uneven by mistake, these two characters are forcing Sagiri to change. That is the core of the show. Masamune has not changed much since the start of the show. Early on he got close to Elf but that was to obtain some knowledge for him and Sagiris sake. The only person changing in the show is Sagiri. Maramusa was head over heels from the start, and Elf slowly grew into liking Masamune, but beyond Elf getting a bit closer with Masamune and Sagiri, the rest of the growth/character development is in Sagiri.

Sagiri is weary of Elf and Muramasa, but for now she is fine. She does not know Elf confessed, and she had already talked over Maramusas confession with Masamune. When he told Sagiri she is still his number 1. In the final episode we saw that she was immediately alarmed at the site of Tomoe coming over to the house, enough to leave her room and take a break from the "Festival" she was looking so forward to. She has become very weary of any women near Masamune. At the end of episode 12, she waved goodbye because shes trying her hardest to remain part of the group, she dont want to let Masamune much out of her sight nor be left behind.

If we look at most of Sagiris change, which admittedly theres not a great deal of but is that a bad thing? I dont see how, we are just barely through half of the light novels. Regardless the changes that have occurred are only because she is adapting to the new girls being around. They have forced her into positions she probably would not have taken without them being there. Which is why when Sagiri waved goodbye it showed how surprised, and then glad Masamune was. His direct actions are not causing Sagiri to change, but she is changing for his sake. In a nutshell, she is changing her ways to keep up with the new competition. Its Elf and Maramusa who are catalysts for her change and that is my personal perception of why there is such an awkward race. Its not about team Elf or Team Maramusa, it was only ever about Sagiri from the start.

As for your post within itself, I feel its genuine and fair but I personally dont see Elf and Maramusas characters in the same way you do. I really only pick a post apart if its using cheap methods or insults to belittle the show. Posts like yours are what a discussion board is supposed to be about.

teagon said:

this

this

I hope that somebody will find this criticism "genuine" and "ungeneric" enough because if this not idk then but if you ask me this is going nowhere anyway. I just wanted to point out all the general flaws this anime has, certainly I triggered few people where I see that even writing down every one problematic scene (and oh boy that would be a list) wouldnt really done anything so I dont think is wise to waste time like this with all the non trashy anime in the world to watch... peace

Teagon, I could come to these discussion boards and give everyone who agrees with me a pat on the back. I dont want to do that, im trying to have discussion with people who dont think like myself. That is where the interesting discussion is. Nobody is triggered, we are just talking about the show. If you dont like being confronted with different opinions and ideas and resort to calling people who are discussing the shows content triggered then maybe you should stop hanging around discussion boards.
Jun 25, 2017 12:47 AM

Mar 2014
Jeez so many keyboard warroirs over this anime.

I don't get it. If you don't like it, don't read/watch it. If people rate it high, that's the rate it deserves. Just because you don't like it as much as others, doesn't make it as bad as Oriemo.

Also, not everything has to be mind blowing? I rate Eromanga sensei high because, plainly, I enjoy it. I like the characters, I like the setting and I like most of the story. I mean, just because a song isn't the next 'Stairway to Heaven' doesn't mean it's not enjoyable, right?
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 25, 2017 12:55 AM

Nov 2007
Reikuo said:

This is why there is such a clear distinction in the winner, Elf and Maramusa are essentially antagonists. The screen time is not uneven by mistake, these two characters are forcing Sagiri to change. That is the core of the show. Masamune has not changed much since the start of the show. Early on he got close to Elf but that was to obtain some knowledge for him and Sagiris sake. The only person changing in the show is Sagiri. Maramusa was head over heels from the start, and Elf slowly grew into liking Masamune, but beyond Elf getting a bit closer with Masamune and Sagiri, the rest of the growth/character development is in Sagiri.

Sagiri is weary of Elf and Muramasa, but for now she is fine. She does not know Elf confessed, and she had already talked over Maramusas confession with Masamune. When he told Sagiri she is still his number 1. In the final episode we saw that she was immediately alarmed at the site of Tomoe coming over to the house, enough to leave her room and take a break from the "Festival" she was looking so forward to. She has become very weary of any women near Masamune. At the end of episode 12, she waved goodbye because shes trying her hardest to remain part of the group, she dont want to let Masamune much out of her sight nor be left behind.

If we look at most of Sagiris change, which admittedly theres not a great deal of but is that a bad thing? I dont see how, we are just barely through half of the light novels. Regardless the changes that have occurred are only because she is adapting to the new girls being around. They have forced her into positions she probably would not have taken without them being there. Which is why when Sagiri waved goodbye it showed how surprised, and then glad Masamune was. His direct actions are not causing Sagiri to change, but she is changing for his sake. In a nutshell, she is changing her ways to keep up with the new competition. Its Elf and Maramusa who are catalysts for her change and that is my personal perception of why there is such an awkward race. Its not about team Elf or Team Maramusa, it was only ever about Sagiri from the start.

You were dissecting Sagiri behaviour and trying to show her personality which is somewhat not generic and plain...Ok cool i can see your point, its valid and afterall, she is the main heroine for obvious reason...

My problem lie in the general direction of the anime...how it flows...admittedly by the time S1 ended, Sagiri has somewhat changed a bit...but at the expense of sacrificing potential love interests and put the last nail into the "romance development" coffin...

Who knows, maybe at S2, instead of going the fan service route like i mentioned....they will try to spark the romantic aspect....By having Masamune still consider Sagiri as blood related, then he might date Kuroneko and break up later feeling guilty over his love for Kirino and later comeback but this time dating for real...

Can you see the problem here? the moment all the climatic scene being use too early to even give any meaning/impact....they exhaust all their option to make the story interesting anymore...that's why when i say shallow, plain, generic...its not on the characters (admittedly maybe 40-50% directed to that, due to me wanting to see why Muramasa so angry on first introduction, then suddenly turn 180degree and confessed next eps...WHUAATTT!!!, i know this section is too long, but cant at least you give reason and different direction like for example; she hate him because his work resemble her's and she feel he is superior and one day can surpass her success...so she try to crush him completely...but later on, somehow he safe her from thug or embarrassing moment, or being chikan...then slowly she see he is not such a bad guy, then build up courage to confess even at the expense of ruining their perfectly fine rivalry relationship....)

Yes those are cliche...but execution matter, those who know how to do it will make a difference...it give weight to the characters...confession without any weight behind it completely demolish that character uniqueness...
Baron85Jun 25, 2017 2:14 AM
Jun 25, 2017 1:04 AM

Nov 2007
HueyLion said:

If people rate it high, that's the rate it deserves.

If people rate it high doesnt mean it deserve it....thats why debate happen, you dont see people debate why kimi no nawa or other critically acclaimed anime is trash...

Eromanga would have been goes under radar if the hype wasnt this great...hype spark interest, and when majority find the hype not equal to the quality, they rage and complain...i would not say im raging or complaining...more like im utterly disappointed...this is 10 steps down from oreimo...
Baron85Jun 25, 2017 2:28 AM
Jun 25, 2017 2:07 AM

Jun 2016
Agreed. Oreimo is better in every aspect. Eromanga is as if the author was given a challenge to rewrite Oreimo but make it as bad as possible.

Also, it had more Kuroneko. This is important.
Jun 25, 2017 2:46 AM

Jul 2013
teagon said:
Illyricus said:

I am sorry but I think Kirito is definition for a guy who gets all the chicks, is dense as hell and have no character or motivations, just so every horny teenager could relate to him and imagine himself as him thus I am comparing him to this eromanga MC. I dont know if because you like Kirito this is a problem.
I don't especially like Kirito, I find him okay, I just find funny that you disliked the series because the MC is like him.
Jun 25, 2017 2:49 AM

Oct 2013
Illyricus said:
teagon said:
I am sorry but I think Kirito is definition for a guy who gets all the chicks, is dense as hell and have no character or motivations, just so every horny teenager could relate to him and imagine himself as him thus I am comparing him to this eromanga MC. I don't know if because you like Kirito this is a problem.
I don't especially like Kirito, I find him okay, I just find funny that you disliked the series because the MC is like him.
from the little I saw in Ero Manga the MC feels nothing Kirito
could he perhaps be blinded to think so because they have the same voice actor?
Jun 25, 2017 3:04 AM

Jul 2013
Deknijff said:
Illyricus said:
I thought something similar. I have watched the discussions threads of Danmachi and people complained of the MC for the same reasons (similar to Kirito due same VA)
Jun 25, 2017 3:13 AM

Oct 2013
Illyricus said:
Deknijff said:
I thought something similar. I have watched the discussions threads of Danmachi and people complained of the MC for the same reasons (similar to Kirito due same VA)
Well I can slightly see where they're coming from
but Im feeling like this is bringing back old stupid statements which are soon over a decade old :/
Jun 25, 2017 3:19 AM

Jun 2017
Nah, it's just like Oreimo and more than 50 shows every season. All of them belong in the trash bin.
Jun 25, 2017 3:26 AM

Jul 2013
Deknijff said:
Illyricus said:
Well I can slightly see where they're coming from
but Im feeling like this is bringing back old stupid statements which are soon over a decade old :/
I see your point perfectly, lmao.
Jun 25, 2017 3:31 AM

Oct 2013
Iamnotsaofan said:
Nah, it's just like Oreimo and more than 50 shows every season. All of them belong in the trash bin.
Please list 49 other shows from this season and then 50 each from the 3 most previous seasons that have shows exactly like Oreimo and Ero Manga
Im asking for at least that much since I want a consistent sample size
Jun 25, 2017 3:36 AM

Jun 2016
Illyricus said:
I just find funny that you disliked the series because the MC is like him.

Oh my god, I was just comparing them two as a example (mainly bc VA is the same) because both have same flaws, stop please saying things I never said/tought
Jun 25, 2017 7:22 AM

Jun 2017
Deknijff said:
Iamnotsaofan said:
Please list 49 other shows from this season and then 50 each from the 3 most previous seasons that have shows exactly like Oreimo and Ero Manga
Im asking for at least that much since I want a consistent sample size

I don't think that you need to distinguish trash A from trash B. Since they are all just trash.
IamnotsaofanJun 25, 2017 7:26 AM
Jun 25, 2017 8:23 AM

Feb 2013
Both shows are shit. The only good thing they have is characters like Kuroneko and Elf...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

331 by FannxyFunnyBunny »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

177 by Sagirii »»
Apr 11, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2017

262 by slepice24 »»
Apr 10, 12:03 PM

» This anime needs more love ( 1 2 )

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jun 27, 2023

61 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Mar 8, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Eromanga-sensei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2017

167 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 13, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.