Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]
Jan 11, 2023 7:27 AM
Oct 2022
the season 2 was an intermediate show.
Jan 11, 2023 11:44 AM
Apr 2011
waiting for next season
Jan 27, 2023 6:46 PM
Sep 2022
where was the dinozor? insane ending tho
Feb 5, 2023 4:52 AM
Jan 2023
Is that ......... a mini Kikg Kong?
Feb 10, 2023 4:11 PM
Nov 2022
For me the best episode so far. Till now I liked and respected Erwin, now I'd love to die for him.
Feb 24, 2023 10:05 PM

Jul 2021
watching for the 3rd tme and this is just as good as i remember. i legit feel like shit for pirating and watching such a masterpiece of an anime. definitely gonna get the BD when i start earning. this anime deserves.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Feb 28, 2023 10:27 PM
Apr 2021
Was that it?? Erwin's tenacity is admirable. I feel horrible for Connie, he lost everything. At least Eren has his dad, (God knows where he is). Mikasa was seriously about to kiss Eren. Why can't Eren just reciprocate the love to Mikasa? Rest in Peace Hannes. I felt the pain of being helpless that Eren had losing two loved ones to the same titan. 
Mar 13, 2023 7:10 PM
Feb 2022
shinzou sasageyo 💜
Mar 21, 2023 5:49 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Gotta thank the beast titan for instigating this whole wild ride. One event leads to another, one reveal to the other, answer questions while bringing up twice as many new questions. All titans used to be humans, sent from a place far beyond the walls. And Eren isn't just any titan-shifter: he is the so-called "coordinate".

Season one was leagues better upon re-watch. Season two... let's just say that naturally, the reveals felt more impactful on first viewing. That said, that is not to undermine how captivating the unraveling of this titan mystery still remains. I like how in this season you learn so much, many questions are answered... but again, lots more are left in its place. Every character gets fleshed out a little more, even Sasha who had nearly a whole episode focused on her. But if I were to choose a main character of season 2, even with the clash between Eren and Reiner, I'd still say Ymir checks off the most boxes for main character for now. Ngl though I've never really given af about her character and I still don't. It doesn't help that her titan form's appearance looking like an old baby ruins any emotional scenes she's in. But that's just me nitpicking. There's really nothing to complain about here.

Not gonna compare it to season 1, because you shouldn't compare them; they are two parts to the machine, both required for it to run. They both deserve a 9/10 to score, which I'll be giving season 2, maybe. I do have to factor in my personal enjoyment, which, despite all the big reveals, I have to say I did enjoy this less than season 1, but not by much. Maybe a few decimal points. Whatever I decide on, at the very lowest it will be a high-8/10, but most likely a low to mid 9/10. At least that goes in accordance with the main score which is 8.50 right now I believe, 0.03 points lower than season 1. I'll have to sleep on it. For now, I can't wait to wake up, go to work, come back, and continue on with season 3 were Levi makes his return from being injured all season.

edit: oh, and RIP Hannes. He was a good father/uncle figure to the three. I like how attack on titan makes you think it's going for the good ending, only to go sike, you thought. Hannes is about to get eaten in the same fashion by the exact same titan that ate Eren's mother? You'd think that Eren is not going to let this happen again. But nope, Hannes is dead. This is a story with some balls. But it isn't empty, not purely there for shock value: because what it leads to is some awakening within Eren, the coordinate taking control within him and saving the day for everybody. Hannes death was just as tragic as anyone else's if not more so, but his death wasn't in vain.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 28, 2023 6:55 AM

Sep 2019
I still don't understand why Eren's mom reminded him to take care of Mikasa. Just because Eren is a boy should be reminded like that? Mikasa is as strong as a bear.
Well, Ymir, say one thing and do another.
Why do I feel like the titan that ate Eren's mother is bigger than before?
Why is the background music like Arabic music?
Wow I just saw a good looking titan.
Historia is no longer afraid, which is a pretty cool thing, but to survive, you still need to have strength.
Eren tortured himself again... so disturbing.
C'mon Mikasa, pretending to be shy and girly, where's her cold and savage look before? Mikasa's personality is really chaotic.
Armin and Jean, funny scene.
It seems Mikasa will only help when Eren is in danger while Hannes is in the same situation, she enjoyed watching and did not say a word. Agree that she's in pain, but not to the point where she can't fight, or say something that shows her concern to Hannes.
Ok poor Hannes, useless kids.
Eren cried helplessly, and the talented Makasi sat there and "Eren..." damn you Mikasa
Look at Mikasa acting cute in front of Eren with tears in her eyes, I can't stand this pretense. In Stohess, she risked her life to go out and say coldly "this world is so cruel". Now she sit there and cry, I'm really disappointed in her. At least Eren showed the right grief.
Oh c'mon please get out of my sight, Mikasa. Weirdest romantic moment ever.
Yeah Bravo Eren! Ignore her. Meh~ are you embarrassed Mikasa? Shame on you. Remember the part where she was about to kill Ymir? She said she wanna save people but she asked for a price?
I feel this titan is too fat, compared to himself in season 1 - ep 1.
Don't complain, Reiner. Eren is the main character.
Why didn't Bertholdt turn into titan form?
weird kids lalala background music.
Damn, Ymir is probably the character that made me the most satisfied since the beginning of AOT, psychology, words, development, action, amazing. She reminds me of the character Olenna in GOT.
Why does Jean have to stick to that trio?
It's funny how the one who vowed to kill all the titans now has to control them.
Levi thoughts are funny, the nature of the titan is still a mystery, that's why there are survey corps, and now he's not ready for the truth?
I think it was Connie who discovered the truth, not Erwin lol
Wut? Erwin's father is the main villain? Or Armin's? Reiner's? Historia's? Annie's uncle/bro?

Apr 10, 2023 2:05 PM
Jan 2023
one of best transformation without doubt
Apr 12, 2023 7:14 AM
Jun 2020
GOATED episode sets up for a crazy plot
Apr 13, 2023 10:35 AM
Apr 2023
The story is incredible everything is incredible the end everything I have no words
Apr 28, 2023 10:38 AM

Nov 2010
Nice moves by Historia! She's hot in this episode.
So, that's the coordinate ability. That's OP. Is it similar to the ability used by the Beast Titan to command feral Titans?
It sucks Hannes had to die. I feel bad, but that's also why I like this show! I wonder which main support cast will die in the next season? I'm looking forward to more thrills and surprises!
It looks like they forgot about Miche. lol
May 3, 2023 3:29 PM
Jan 2023
lets goooooooooooo
May 3, 2023 5:33 PM

Aug 2019
I have so many questions, and I'm so excited to see more! Onto season 3!
May 13, 2023 9:24 AM
Mar 2023
quiero que reiner y el barth este sobrevivan
May 13, 2023 12:21 PM
Apr 2023
i mean perefection
May 17, 2023 2:15 PM

May 2021
OMG!! That opening violin though !!!
I think that huge monkey appeared at the end would be Eren's Father.
Great episode btw >>>
May 26, 2023 9:53 AM
Apr 2023
This episode was a great end to the season. So greatful Im late to watch this and dont have to wait for a season 3 because of the cliffhanger at the end.

There are 2 things Ive been thinking about…some criticism.
1. I really really hope that whats going on between Mikasa and Eren (really its just Mikasa) isn’t being marketed as romance (Im in denial). I say this because there is almost 0 reason as a viewer to believe they have any tension or potential. Eren isnt even nice to her. I want to say to Mikasa, GIRL STAND UP! She deserves better. I wish she was allowed to have a personality outside of liking and protecting him all the time. Cause the thing is she has a lot of great qualities: shes a super soldier, shes devoted, determined, strong willed, and caring. But the story makes her so boring! I say this as someone that loves her I want better for her!

2. The death of Hannes just makes me ??? Why ? I doubt its going to serve the plot in any way. Sometimes I wonder if the author just likes to kill characters for shock. I get it, we are supposed to be immersed in the tragedy that goes on around the scouts. But I dont think anything meaningful will come of his death. And if it was supposed to be that scene where Mikasa and Eren have a little *moment* and it all slows down etc. then…. No… for me that just didnt land.

But now that I think of it, maybe it was to drive the point home about Eren feeling “useless” like nothings changed. In that case then, it makes more sense.

I speak as someone who loves this show. There are so many good things to say about it outside of these things. I am excited to start season 3 soon :>
Jul 6, 2023 3:39 PM
Jan 2023
The revenge on titan from the first episode was quite something. Looks like Eren can control titans, looks like a pretty awesome ability. Oh and RIP Hannes.

They couldn't have ended the season in a better place.

Jul 24, 2023 8:11 PM
Sep 2022
Damn, Hannes really that titan. The same titan, at a important event again. I hope this mf died.

So Eren has "The Coordinate" now? I understood that he can control titans now, but what is the limitation? When he gets this power? Where did that come from?

But anyway, i still don't understand Ymir and the others, and what is this strange thing that they talk about.
Jul 26, 2023 11:34 AM

Dec 2022
Great final episode
Jul 27, 2023 6:10 AM
Jul 2023
perfect episode ı love it
Aug 13, 2023 11:02 PM
Nov 2015
Pretty good season!
Aug 18, 2023 11:07 PM
Jan 2023
LET'S GOOOOOO EREN!!!111!!1!!1!!! 🥵
Aug 23, 2023 8:48 AM
Nov 2022
Armin, I'm in your debt for saving Captain Jean.
Because of that action, I swear my loyalty to you, promising to stand by your side regardless of your choices, even if they are outrageous.
Damn, that season finale is beautiful. It brings forth tears of nostalgia, hope, and despair for the future, and happiness. That shot of Erwin smiling is a masterpiece. And Levi's bewildered expression upon realizing a portion of the harsh truth is epic. On the other hand, it's amusing how you recount these events, making the storyline more digestible. It marks the conclusion of a remarkable season and the commencement of significant revelations
Aug 31, 2023 9:11 PM
Aug 2023
Rewatched with non-anime friends It was very fun seeing the things I missed like the foreshadowing all over the place
Sep 14, 2023 8:44 PM
Aug 2023
Was much more of an emotional season it was, This is where eren's character development changed.
Oct 1, 2023 2:38 AM
Sep 2023
great always great
Oct 7, 2023 8:59 AM
May 2023
Review en ESP/ENG

Very good final episode, F and NT for Hannes but at least he tried and didn't let fear invade him like the first time and seeing Eren's helplessness at not being able to do anything was very good, Mikasa telling Eren that not everything What he did was a failure and he remembers the scarf... a beautiful moment. Will Eren be able to control the titans? If so, very good skill and the Titans are human? uhh poor Connie, interesting that Ymir decided to, so to speak, return the favor to Rainer and Bertholdt so that they don't come back empty-handed and she doesn't have to worry so much about Crista anymore. Erwin's smile when he saw that they were advanced made me laugh and it was good. We end with a look at who is inside the Beast Titan
PS: in Latin America the scarf part became a meme...by quote: "I'm going to put it on you as many times as necessary" hahaha it refers to sex

Muy buen episodio final, F y NT por Hannes pero lo intento al menos y no dejo que lo invadiera el miedo como la primera vez y ver la impotencia de Eren al no poder hacer nada fue muy bueno, Mikasa diciendole a Eren que no todo lo que hizo fue un fracaso y recordandole lo de la bufanda fue hermoso. Eren puede controlar a los titanes ? si es asi muy buena habilidad y los Titanes son humanos ? uhh pobre Connie, interesante que Ymir decidio por asi decirlo devolverles el favor a Rainer y Bertholdt para que no vuelvan con las manos vacias y ya no se tiene que preocupar tanto por Crista. La sonrisa de Erwin al ver que estan avanzando me causo gracia y esta buena. Terminamos con un vistazo a quien es el que esta dentro del Titan Bestia
PD: en latam se volvio meme la parte de la bufanda...por cito: ¨te la voy a poner las veces que sean necesarias¨ jajaja hace referencia a sexo
Nov 2, 2023 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
[Re-Watching]

What an amazing season, we get as many answers as we get more mystery into what everything means.
Backstory on Ymir, a way to control Titans, humans were Titans (which was pretty obvious by now)/

This is where I'll go into unknown territory as I hadn't seen anything past Season 2 before so I'm really excited.
Nov 9, 2023 2:49 AM
May 2022
Now it's getting more interesting. I wish more action like this, a pity I didn't got to watch the finale with the others.
Nov 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Nov 2023
Finally, kill the titan that ate your mother!
Dec 18, 2023 1:50 AM
Jul 2015
After watching 2 season what i can concluded from AOT its not bout fight with titan its more discovering the truth of human actually titans and finding the plot twist so the death of soldier and citizens their unlucky fate and choices tbh 🗿 not really fight its like finding mystery for me this anime
Feb 13, 3:33 AM
Dec 2023
Peak. Very peakkk
Feb 17, 8:25 PM
May 2023
eren's a cuck thats it
Mar 4, 7:24 AM
Sep 2023
I mean,i just don't like the backstory of most of the characters.
Mar 11, 5:37 PM
Jul 2023
Amazing end. I’m not really mad about it not being 2 cour, this seems to be the best place to end it since the arc is done
- Hanes stopping the smiling titan’s swing is so weird, usually this series is pretty reasonable but this was stupid lol.
- Goodbye Hanes, you will be missed o7
- Eren’s breakdown was done so well, same with Mikasa’s reaction
- Eren is the “coordinate”, I assume this means he can control titans because Reiner said it as soon as Eren did that
- Ymir went to Reiner instead? Damn it. Her reasons are fair though. She better get some screen time, I really love her
- So, it looks like the residents of Radico village were the titans that got into wall rose despite their being no hole. Someone turned them into titans, interesting. It’s gotta be the beast Titan right? that’s the only one that we don’t really know about yet.
- Oh, the looks of the Beast Titan controller are revealed, we don’t seem to know him
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Dec 2019
Nice end for this season, but I must admit that the plot has gotten weirdly intricate, confusing and rather absurd at times. Hopefully it doesn't get even more derailed.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Pages (14) « First ... « 12 13 [14]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.