Forum Settings
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode Omnibus
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2017 9:17 AM
Jun 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Welp. That ended quickly. This manga didn't really go anywhere, did it? Haha... Pretty cute ending, though, all things considered. Just wish this manga could've been longer.
Mar 17, 2022 7:09 PM
Jul 2020
Oh man was this manga B A D.

The Rose Crusaders didn’t do Jack shit. Pointless villains with a pointless motive. The original story was about environmental justice, but A La Mode strayed away from that concept completely. It would’ve been fine to introduce a new villain if it still pertained to environmental issues.

Berry had a strong start as a character but became dull and a Mary Sue. The manga barely introduced Berrys animalistic qualities since obtaining two different DNAs of endangered species. Berry and Tasuku’s chemistry was (somewhat) the only saving grace in this story, which was pretty decent enough.

This ending was so cringy. Berry talks about friendship as if she’s been best friends with the Mew Mew’s forever. She had no chemistry with any of them. The rest of the Mew Mews only had one worded dialogue which didn’t really sound like them at all.

Everything about this was bland as fuck. If this series was dragged out longer, perhaps the story and characters would’ve been more developed. I read all the reviews for this manga and boi do I agree with them all 😭 however I will say that this manga didn’t completely taint me since I think it could’ve been worse. Think of this as a fever dream, and pretend it doesn’t exist.

I rate TMM A La Mode 3/10
azenobioJul 14, 2022 4:47 AM
Jan 5, 9:26 AM

Aug 2014
I found the first volume alright. The second volume wasn't good. You can tell Mia Ikumi was told to finish the story so wasn't able to use all of the villains she introduced. It made me laugh how they all just decided to stop being evil.

Also I found the drawings more cluttered compared to the main series. Some pages were an eyesore trying to squeeze too much art and text in.
Slimes say "Goo'd day".

More topics from this board

» Berry

girliegirl625 - Jan 19, 2009

11 by OddOnes »»
Jan 5, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew à La Mode Chapter 12 Discussion

13919243 - Jun 4, 2017

0 by 13919243 »»
Jun 4, 2017 9:31 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew à La Mode Chapter 11 Discussion

13919243 - Jun 4, 2017

0 by 13919243 »»
Jun 4, 2017 9:24 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew à La Mode Chapter 9 Discussion

13919243 - Jun 4, 2017

0 by 13919243 »»
Jun 4, 2017 9:11 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew à La Mode Chapter 8 Discussion

13919243 - Jun 4, 2017

0 by 13919243 »»
Jun 4, 2017 9:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.