Forum Settings
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2017 6:04 AM
Jun 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What just happened? No, seriously - what just happened? Ichigo gave her life to save Masaya somehow, died for a few minutes, and then was brought back to life by a kiss? I can't even.

Cute ending, though! The wedding scene was adorable, even if it didn't really make sense. (I think Mia Ikumi just wanted to draw Ichigo in a frilly wedding dress, TBH.)

And Berry made a cameo! Hi, Berry! I'll be reading your manga next...
Jun 18, 2017 10:35 AM
Jun 2017
Yeah I liked the ending. Nothing too big, but I'm kinda wondering about Quiche. Like it was just a peck and he left? Kind of wanted to see him restore his planet and reunite with his people.
Apr 15, 2020 12:17 PM

May 2010
This was pretty stupid ending, even considering this is kids' manga. I'm pretty sure that there were like 3 life-saving-kisses included, which is [b]a bit[b/] much lol.

I guess it wasn't the worst in the end, it sucks how none of the other girls got any development of story-arc, but what can you do. It was mainly about Ichigo's love dilemmas with three different boys, with some pro-eco message hidden somewhere in the background. I know I shouldn't be too strict with manga clearly directed at kids, but honestly I don't think I'd enjoy this one a lot, even if I were 10-12 years old :|

Oh welp, at least the drawings were super cute though. Ichigo's pink, strawberry wedding dress on last volume's cover especially.
Mar 16, 2022 8:28 AM
Jul 2020
I agree with every single comment on this thread.

This whole manga was about Ichigo, no one else. I didn’t mind the focus on Ichigo and Masaya’s relationship, but the other Mew Mews barely had any attention and barely a backstory. I mentioned on another post how TMM should’ve done what Sailor Moon did where it had arcs for each Sailor Scout. Each Mew Mew should’ve had an arc so we as the reader could fully grasp their personality and upbringing; at the very least feel connected to them. I also mentioned how the other Mew Mews should’ve had an opportunity to transform into their respective animal, and not just Ichigo and Ryou turning into a cat. Lettuce was seen as a mermaid for like two pages but that’s about it.

What was the point of Masaya becoming the Blue Knight? How did he discover he had to become the Blue Knight? Quiche was aware of who Masaya was but why didn’t they ever talk about it? Masaya’s backstory didn’t really explain anything besides the fact he grew up adopted. So, is he an alien then? There was no elaboration about Masaya being part of the alien race. There was a build up for his character but then we hit a brick wall.

Ichigo never received her Mew Aqua and Masaya saved the world by sacrificing himself. So, ironically, she didn’t save the day, even though everyone relied on her. Another thing too is that, was Masaya born with the Mew Aqua? And is this why Ichigo is so attached to him? This makes sense to me, but all of this should’ve been explained anyway.

As much as I loved TMM growing up, this series is definitely flawed. Hopefully the anime reboot can make more sense than the manga did

I rate this manga 6/10.
azenobioJul 14, 2022 4:42 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Chapter 2 Discussion

13919243 - Jun 3, 2017

1 by deepfreezed »»
Jul 6, 2022 3:37 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Chapter 30 Discussion

13919243 - Jun 4, 2017

1 by azenobio »»
Mar 16, 2022 8:08 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Chapter 28 Discussion

13919243 - Jun 4, 2017

1 by azenobio »»
Mar 16, 2022 8:01 AM

Poll: » Favorite Tokyo Mew Mew Character Poll

azenobio - Mar 16, 2022

0 by azenobio »»
Mar 16, 2022 7:51 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew Chapter 24 Discussion

13919243 - Jun 4, 2017

1 by azenobio »»
Mar 15, 2022 4:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.