Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Dec 7, 2020 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
So Reiner is conflicted about what he is doing. Well, at least this proves that he know that what he is doing is wrong.

For God sake Ymir, don't change sides no.w
Dec 9, 2020 3:25 PM

Nov 2020
A dialogue episode was still entertaining. Reiner and Eren lashing out at each other was great. I thought Reiner's split personality was oddly funny. They're doing a great job building his character.
Dec 17, 2020 4:08 AM

May 2020
They make dialogue episodes interesting lol, and I'm curious abt that weird hairy titan
Dec 21, 2020 2:41 PM
Dec 2019
This episode-long conversation could've easily been a few minutes. There was way too much unnecessary fluff. I liked the climax of the argument with Reiner and Eren and the offer for Ymir to join them but so much of the episode was just asking the same questions we're already thinking about without giving us any progress any which way.
Jan 20, 2021 5:59 AM

Oct 2013
people pissing on this episode are the equivalent of that wojack that's a power surge plugged into itself.

anyway, I loved how this episode was just conversation and put the audience in Eren's position: the only one in the party of four who is completely in the dark and totally, utterly confused.

great episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 21, 2021 6:01 PM
Dec 2015
Another really strong episode! I really enjoyed this one and found it much better than the proceeding one. This episode is really effective in suspending tension and using silence to heighten the dramatic moments. This is the episode where we see some resolution of the soldier versus warrior conflict. Although we know which side is which, the nuances of what it means to be a soldier and what it means to be a warrior remain. This is also when we see Reiner's mental break which is somewhat unfortunate. Bartholdt remains an intriguing character to watch because he has remained calm throughout the situation. The question of who is the enemy is quite prominent in this episode.

Feb 4, 2021 2:59 PM
Aug 2020
I just wanna punch these fucking two Reiner and bertholdt or whatever his name is!!

who's the enemy and wtf is going on?! Erehhhh and I need answers ASAPPP!!
Mar 7, 2021 10:22 PM

Aug 2020
No action this episode but we got some good dialogue. I really hate Reiner now.
Jul 31, 2021 8:30 PM

Jun 2020
Eren's having a hard time processing all of this into his head and on how he'll plan his escape

He really wants to fucking annihilate Reiner from this world following Bertolt while he just sits there reserved, Reiner's having an identity crisis and Eren's not buying it he wants them gone

Them talking about that Beast Titan sure is bizarre and how their reactions were like that, Eren just can't get ahold of anyone in this episode and I myself is as confused as Eren is today.
Oct 26, 2021 10:21 AM
Nov 2020
Eren's frustration in this episode is the most relatable thing in the world.
Dec 29, 2021 12:52 AM

Jul 2021
yup can totally understand how mad eren is rn. he's ready to kill reiner and bartlot.

it was so scary to watch reiner start talking like normal, like he did not just turn into armoured titan.

whats with the marco backstory? guess we will be explained in next episodes.

there are too many unanswered questions.

excited for next episode.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 1, 2022 4:31 AM
Aug 2021
I liked this episode.

Like, Reiner and berthold gotta be behind something big like some endgame shit.

Also as from the pov of eren i think he cant to much here and should try to get some information from reiner i guess. I think something big is gonna happen.

And also i noticed it now in the ending it shows kinds the story of titans there is a frame in the ed in which a man is feeding his daughters a human. I dont know whats that about but in the next frame titans come to attack from a water source it feels strange to me. I hope for some food story behind it.

Thanks for reading!
Jan 13, 2022 7:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, the title previously already giving a nice trivia about Reiner split personality. Soldier, Warrior, and in the middle was Historia, when he said it himself how much her affected his mind. Truly a strange man, but also based. For the true shame, Eren once again couldn't control his emotion, while himself already determine to suppress the damn emotion. He was not even giving a chance for Ymir with a proper talk to reveal an important word about the real enemy, which make the situation should be more bad for Eren. I mean, i see you damn angry, hearing that bs Reiner be spittin. But come on, keep it cool, bruh, ffs, smh....

Idk if the Survey Corps will help much. But, really looking forward to see Ymir plan in the midst of shitstorm next. Will she go back to her hometown, or something else?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 14, 2022 6:05 PM

Dec 2020
reiner holy shit man.. THIS IS SUCH A GOOD CHARACTER SET UP FOR HIMM icb i didnt notice that before. same with eren, i thought he was just some naive annoying good kid who didn't learn anything from past experiences and couldn't control his emotions but ... mann im rly appreciating these moments now

ymir seriously just wanting to protect christa? i mean i get it she's a literal angel, goddess out of this fucking world but damnn closet rly made out of glass you go girl
May 21, 2022 9:41 AM
Apr 2022
Where do they going and why they want eren
Feb 3, 2023 11:38 AM
Jan 2023
Who the freak is King Kong?
Feb 28, 2023 5:26 PM
Apr 2021
IT's getting good!! Why can't Ymir just whisper who the enemy is to Eren??? The guilt that Reiner has is too heavy to bear, but Bertholdt seems indifferent like always.
_______________________________________-
REWATCHING THE SERIES 05.24.2023
I wonder what Hange's theory is about the Titan that can't walk.
Also Ymir asked a good question: why didnt Reiner keep running? 
It's funny how Eren spoke up only when Reiner mentioned Christa.
I see some redeeming qualities in Reiner, but Bertholdt really seems indifferent
about everything. Like he doesn't give af. 

YOU CAN JUST TELL HOW FURIOUS EREN IS; HE IS EXPERIENCING THE WHOLE
GAMUT OF EMOTIONS.

Why does Ymir try to assuage Eren's anger? He has the right to wish the worst
possible death on Reiner and Bertholdt.

On Ymir's struggle between siding with Eren and SC or Reiner (SPOILERS):

I get Eren is furious and just wants answers but yelling at Ymir, who is still unsure of who to side with isn't
helping one bit. DAMN IT!
cloudamorMay 24, 2023 7:58 PM
Mar 20, 2023 11:28 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Eren: TELL ME, WHO'S THE ENEMY?

Ymir: 

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 27, 2023 12:29 PM

Sep 2019
Erwin leads the rescue team, I think everything will be fine.
Mikasa "Eren" again, c'monnn
Looks like Ymir never talked to Eren, interesting...
Titan team talking lol
I like Eren's self-talk, this is where we see him develop.
I want Jean to care more about Mikasa, he has a crush on her anyway, the story would be better.
Again, the red lines around Eren's eyes are disturbing.
Reiner is really a character I've been waiting for, so amazing! This is how the psychological damage affects a person. I'm waiting for Mikasa to get a chance to show this psychological side as well.
But if Reinier really feels so guilty that he imagines a good personality in himself, it proves he has no evil mind.
The controversy between Eren and Reinier needs an Anime Oscar! Awesome ep!
Best episode ever! The rap battle is so damn good! And again, ED has no related to the emotion lol
Apr 28, 2023 8:42 AM

Nov 2010
Lots of talking in this episode but very little info. The most interesting part is that Reiner & Bertolt are possibly allied to the Beast Titan.
Ymir is still shrouded in mystery.
I wonder what they will accomplish by taking Eren to their village.
I'm really curious to know how they can transform into a Titan in the first place and why they were chosen. Eren is due to his dad, but how his dad got his hands on that drug and for what purpose he did that to Eren is still a mystery.
May 14, 2023 4:34 AM
May 2021
okay okay okay come on
Jul 6, 2023 2:08 PM
Jan 2023
Interesting, Reiner has a split personality. Makes sense considering his actions.

A lot of talk this episode, Eren's outbursts were fun to watch, and there's still a lot of mystery around the monkey titan.
Jul 22, 2023 10:02 PM
Sep 2022
Why, Ymir? I trusted in you

I can't understand. Why are Reiner and Berthold so worried? What is the Beast Titan? What is his function in the plot?

I enjoyed to see Eren showing his angry and determination. We will see him killing a lot of titans soon

Jul 26, 2023 9:07 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Aug 17, 2023 6:17 PM
Jan 2023
4 bros just chilling on a tree 🌲
Aug 23, 2023 8:44 AM
Nov 2022
Recuerdo que durante estos capítulos estaba apoyando a Reiner y Berthold (mas que nada por Reiner) porque lo único que hacia Eren era gritar mientras Ymir deducia todo y aunque desde el principio siempre me gusto Eren como protagonista aquí parecía que era un niño con un berrinche hablando en la mesa de los adultos

I remember that during these chapters I was supporting Reiner and Berthold (mostly for Reiner) because the only thing Eren did was scream while Ymir deduced everything and although from the beginning I always liked Eren as the protagonist here it seemed that he was a child with a tantrum talking at the adult table
Oct 5, 2023 9:59 PM
May 2023
Review en ESP/ENG

Interesting episode, Hange still has some strength despite being half burned, my respects to her. I like it and find it interesting about Rainer, it seems that everything he did and does affects him a lot and that is why his mind breaks or divides, now we know more about what happened to Marcos. It seems that Ymir is not stupid and knows enough things that she does not want to say, It seems that the beast titan is the one who brought the titans...interesting and the Scout troops and other garrisons approach

Interesante episodio, Hange para estar media quemada todavia tiene algo de fuerzas, mis respetos a ella. Me gusta y me parece interesante lo de Rainer, parece que todo lo que hizo y hace lo afecto mucho y por eso su mente de rompe o se divide, ahora ya sabemos mas acerca de lo que le paso a Marcos. Parece que Ymir no es ninguna tonta y sabe bastantes cosas que no las quiere decir, parece que el titan bestia es el que trajo a los titanes...interesante y se acercan las tropas de Exploracion y de otras guarniciones
Nov 30, 2023 5:47 PM

Nov 2023
Man, I hope they'll all survive the night
Dec 5, 2023 1:51 AM
Aug 2018
An awesome, stressful, and suspenseful episode. I should be asleep right now, but I will have to watch one more episode because this one was so good. It's a nice pit stop to get an episode that doesn't take us too far while still providing all the extreme feelings every other episode up to this point has.
Mar 11, 8:53 AM
Jul 2023
Great episode
- Ymir is so interesting I love her aaaa
- Reiner is great too! He seems to have a more complicated version of a split personality. That’s awesome. The way he casually starts talking about “work” is really well done. Props to the scriptors and his VA
- they still refuse to talk about the Monkey Titan.
- YMIR EPISODE NEXT WEEK WOOO
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Apr 21, 2017

465 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.