Forum Settings
Forums
BLAME! Movie Edition: THE ELECTROFISHERS’ ESCAPE
Available on Manga Store
New
May 20, 2017 12:49 AM
Jan 2015
This movie have nice rating and synopses . I want to watch this movie but i'm afraid i will not be able to enjoy it to fullest before reading it's manga , as @jtpetino mentioned in his review . I really don't want to read manga as it will be very time consuming . so can you guys go throw some spoilers from manga at me and tell me about things that i must know before watching this movie . ( character description , some events , relationships .. anything ) .

Thanks
May 20, 2017 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
I didn't read the manga but enjoyed the movie :DD
Za warudo! toki wo tomare!
May 20, 2017 5:29 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Just to let you know, reading Blame takes less time than expected. Since the entire series barely has any dialogues and it's mainly just picture panels, the series will only take a couple of hours to read.
May 20, 2017 7:29 AM
Feb 2016
nekkoMaster said:
This movie have nice rating and synopses . I want to watch this movie but i'm afraid i will not be able to enjoy it to fullest before reading it's manga , as @jtpetino mentioned in his review . I really don't want to read manga as it will be very time consuming . so can you guys go throw some spoilers from manga at me and tell me about things that i must know before watching this movie . ( character description , some events , relationships .. anything ) .

Thanks

One of the things that makes this manga unique is the fact that the mc barely talks at all. There are even chapter where we don't get to read anything. Take your time with that manga then watch the movie; the movie won't disappear if you don't watch it now.
May 20, 2017 9:40 AM
Jan 2015
Anyone , is there anyone willing to spend some time and give a brief introduction !!! That's the point of this forum post anyways .

OK , i can read manga but not all of us are manga lovers . I usually don't read manga . What if someone just wanna watch movie !!!!
May 20, 2017 10:13 AM
May 21, 2017 6:00 PM

May 2014
Well, the movie explains everything rather well and on point.

Except a few things.
Killy claims in the movie that he's from 6000 levels below which others characters find impossible to believe. At later date he speaks of a place 200 levels below and other characters claim it's impossible for them to go there.

What the movie doesn't explain is the exact nature of the world and exactly why they think it's impossible to move 200 levels below.

See, the world they live in is a Megastructure. It used to be a planet spanning city on Earth but at one point city building machines went out of control and started to build infinitely and without much sense except one: they build the Megastructure as levels, each several kilometers between each level. The Megastructure is big enough to engulf the Moon. And the material the layers are made of is so incredibly strong that nothing except one thing can penetrate it. That one thing is Killy's gun. For any normal human, moving from one level to another is practically an impossible feat. That's even not accounting all the enemies standing in the way. There are elevators and hatches but those inaccessible to normal humans.

Hence why other characters call going down 200 levels is impossible, let alone 6000. The amount of time it would take to travel 6000 levels is way beyond any human lifespan. At the start of the manga, Killy says he has been traveling for more than 3000 years. Which means he travels 2 levels per year on average.
May 24, 2017 3:39 PM

Feb 2016
Also, the food Killy carries, in the manga it does appear how he got it, so it will have a few hints from the very first chapters of the manga

Nothing more
May 25, 2017 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Don't quite get why an anime fan would be averse to manga tbh :/
9/10 times the manga an anime is adapted from is so much more enjoyable.

This film in particular was a let down in that it didn't show even a glimpse of the Silicone Lifeforms. How can you not include P-Cell with her gravity blade, she's mint.
May 25, 2017 9:25 AM
Jan 2015
Sangaz said:
Don't quite get why an anime fan would be averse to manga tbh :/
9/10 times the manga an anime is adapted from is so much more enjoyable.

This film in particular was a let down in that it didn't show even a glimpse of the Silicone Lifeforms. How can you not include P-Cell with her gravity blade, she's mint.

Not averse .. just don't have a habit of reading manga .. I don't wanna cultivate new addiction .

And also , whenever i tried manga , i found it less enjoyable than anime . I have tried Maji , One piece , Fairy tail .
May 25, 2017 3:23 PM

May 2012
UnsightlyWalrus said:
Well, the movie explains everything rather well and on point.

Except a few things.
Killy claims in the movie that he's from 6000 levels below which others characters find impossible to believe. At later date he speaks of a place 200 levels below and other characters claim it's impossible for them to go there.

What the movie doesn't explain is the exact nature of the world and exactly why they think it's impossible to move 200 levels below.

See, the world they live in is a Megastructure. It used to be a planet spanning city on Earth but at one point city building machines went out of control and started to build infinitely and without much sense except one: they build the Megastructure as levels, each several kilometers between each level. The Megastructure is big enough to engulf the Moon. And the material the layers are made of is so incredibly strong that nothing except one thing can penetrate it. That one thing is Killy's gun. For any normal human, moving from one level to another is practically an impossible feat. That's even not accounting all the enemies standing in the way. There are elevators and hatches but those inaccessible to normal humans.

Hence why other characters call going down 200 levels is impossible, let alone 6000. The amount of time it would take to travel 6000 levels is way beyond any human lifespan. At the start of the manga, Killy says he has been traveling for more than 3000 years. Which means he travels 2 levels per year on average.

When does Killy talk about how long he has been travelling? I've read 2 volumes of the manga and i don't remember anywhere where he talks about it. He only says at one point that he's traveled 5000 layers.
May 28, 2017 9:27 AM

May 2014
Well, it's more of a word of god - Tsutomu Nihei states so himself but I can't point out exactly where despite there being many sources quoting him.
Jun 1, 2017 3:26 PM

Oct 2007
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Just to let you know, reading Blame takes less time than expected. Since the entire series barely has any dialogues and it's mainly just picture panels, the series will only take a couple of hours to read.

It's exactly because there is little text that it takes longer to finish.

Books are quick reads. Meanwhile pictures say more than thousands of words and the art does need to have a closer look at, to fully grasp the story. Especially because there is no text explaining in any way what's going on ... most of the time anyway.

So much of what's going on is left to interpretation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2017 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
One thing to know is that Killy has forgotten what he is because he' so old, that he's a cyborg. At the beginning, because he has forgotten he's a cyborg, he's at 25% of his real powers, and get beaten up and wounded.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blame! Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

rvbrick - May 19, 2017

135 by gnxr »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:00 PM

» Where did Blame! 2 go?

MrHoodie - Jan 5, 2020

5 by askilledjerk »»
Jan 26, 2023 5:09 PM

» Which is better dub or sub version of the movie?

Xion69 - May 20, 2017

6 by Mizmimi »»
Feb 22, 2018 1:23 AM

» sequel news, if any, post here

vinnipuh - May 21, 2017

5 by RoryBurrows »»
Feb 13, 2018 4:46 AM

» Things you need to know before watching the movie

vinnipuh - May 31, 2017

0 by vinnipuh »»
May 31, 2017 11:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.