Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 16, 2017 8:32 PM

Dec 2015
If you know of any, send them my way lol. I know of Oxenfree already.
And if you have any generally cool indie games, those suggestions are welcomed too.

I have PC and sometimes play on PS4.
Eh.
May 16, 2017 8:40 PM

Nov 2008
Their earlier game, Remember Me. The memory playback mechanic is similar to the time playback in Life Is Strange. You rewind time and influence people's memories. Most of the game is a simplistic fighting game with shallow, automated platforming. The art direction is great, though. Their next game, Vampyr, is also gonna focus on screwing with people.

May 16, 2017 10:59 PM

May 2017
Any Telltale game. I would reccomend Walking Dead S1, The Wolf Among Us and Tales from Borderlands.
May 17, 2017 1:21 AM

Jun 2016
Winhour said:
Any Telltale game. I would reccomend Walking Dead S1, The Wolf Among Us and Tales from Borderlands.

Same recommendations. Definitely play all Telltale games. Their The Walking Dead Game is my favorite; season 1 is the best for me because of Lee. Season 2 is great too, kinda having a love and hate relationship with season 3, but it's decent. @
Sivvi

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
May 17, 2017 1:40 AM

May 2017
Try Late Shift, An FMV game about crime, your choices will affect the conclusion of the story and all that good stuff.
May 17, 2017 9:20 AM

Sep 2016
watch evangelion
valhalla has some influence too
May 21, 2017 4:42 AM
May 2016
Well if you're looking for games that have far-branching narratives but in the end boil down to a simple, stupid and arbitrary choice between two or three options, there's always Mass Effect.
May 21, 2017 6:24 AM

Apr 2017
Telltale games like walking dead,tales of borderlands,jurassic park etc...

And Heavy Rain def,Heavy you can have a lot of different outcomes, bad endings like 3 and good endings 3 i think aswell.
When captured birds grow wiser, they try to open the cage with their beaks. They don't give up, because they want to fly again.

May 21, 2017 10:26 AM

Feb 2010
If you don't mind an old outdated, yet very cool, game with the same style that also deals with time traveling then:

Shadow of Memories
May 21, 2017 2:42 PM

Sep 2012
They're announcing a new Life is Strange, in case you're interested:
May 21, 2017 2:54 PM

Feb 2017
Any telltale game.
Heavy rain
If you want some serious decision impacting game, try Mass Effect. 3 games of pure enjoyment. It provides hundreds of hours of replay value

"All it took was an arm and a leg"
May 22, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2017
thatdoggonegirl7 said:
Winhour said:

Same recommendations. Definitely play all Telltale games. Their The Walking Dead Game is my favorite; season 1 is the best for me because of Lee. Season 2 is great too, kinda having a love and hate relationship with season 3, but it's decent. @
Sivvi

I've not actually played the 3rd season. I did like season 1 & 2 but I have to say I kind of got a bit bored of season 2 at the end, so I haven't bothered with season 3.
May 22, 2017 12:35 PM

Feb 2017
Beyond Two Souls, maybe? When I was looking for a game like LiS , I picked up BTS, and I thought they were quite similar.
Jul 24, 2017 6:24 AM
Jul 2017
I'd also suggest trying Until Dawn and Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit is a bit old but still a great game. Also, you can find a few more similar games here https://www.gameslike.com/games-like-life-is-strange/.

Besides, I'm waiting for Detroit: Become Human in 2018. It should be epic.
Jul 30, 2017 4:02 PM

Jun 2015
Night In the Woods is a game like Life Is Strange, would recommend
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2017 3:02 AM
Oct 2017
I feel like the answers have been given, but I'll chip in if you dont mind :)

Life is strange is very similar to all the tell tale games, but it stands apart cos of some of its core gaming experiences like turning back time. If you are looking for games that have story features like Life is Strange then you can't go wrong with any of the tell tale games. I've gone through pretty much all of them apart from the batman series.

I'm now getting into trying some of the more 'indie' and smaller but interesting titles. This list has some of them in it.

https://www.gamecupid.com/games/life-strange/games-like
Oct 30, 2017 10:59 AM

Dec 2016
It's already been mentioned, but i'd pitch in with Night in the Woods too, amazing indie-game with some of the same themes as LiS and Oxenfree.

Telltale games has already been mentioned multiple times, and I believe that because of their episodic nature and "choices have consequences", but story wise they differ. I'd still recommend them, even though I've only played The Wolf Among Us, and watched LPs of the Walking Dead seasons. In case of TWD i feel like season 1 was the best, and its been going weirdly downhill since. They've announced that season 4 is gonna be the last, and I'm kinda excited to see how they're gonna finish this story.

LiS also have a prequel made by Deck Nine called Before the Storm, which has 2 out of 3 or 4 episodes out at this time, you probably know about it, but I just wanna mention it in case you have missed it.

Other indie games that are not really like LiS, that I can recommend would be
Journey, you might've heard about it. It's for PS3 and PS4, and it's probably one of my favourite games. It takes a couple hours to finish, but I personally feel like it got replay value. It's the kind of game I wip out once in a while when I got a couple hours to kill and just wanna have a good time. You get to play with a stranger who may or may not have played the game before, and you just get to go on this journey together. Maybe your partner knows where all the secrets are and wants to show you, or maybe you're two new players who get to explore this world together for the first time. Idk how to explain it, but it always leaves me with such a good feeling once I've played through Journey with 1 or more amazing partners.
I haven't played ABZÛ yet, but it's made by a guy who also worked on Journey, and the soundtrack is made by the same composer who made the awesome OST for Journey, and it looks amazing imo.
I feel like I gotta recommend Playdead's Limbo and Inside, just because of the slim sliver of national pride I got in me. They're dark sidescroller platform games with each their own little story. Check them out if you want to
Unravel is also a really beautiful sidescroll platform game where you play as a little yarn being travelling through the Swedish nature collecting memories. It got this really specific atmosphere of a Swedish countryside home that I haven't experienced since I was a child and watched Pettson och Findus. I haven't finished Unravel myself, so I actually don't know how much it got in terms of story, but I do wanna recommend it solely based on it's aesthetic and game mechanics.
Undertale. Probably heard of it, still wanna recommend it.
May 23, 2018 2:32 AM
Apr 2018
tinysamuel said:
I'd also suggest trying Until Dawn and Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit is a bit old but still a great game. Also, you can find a few more similar games here https://www.gameslike.com/games like life is strange.

Besides, I'm waiting for Detroit: Become Human in 2018. It should be epic.

Well this list has some nice relative games. Good list, got plenty of tv shows and games from it, thanks very much. The others I've researched that seem to be up there as well: To The Moon, Oxenfree and Murdered Soul Suspect

May 23, 2018 4:34 AM

May 2012
Winhour said:

Games of Thrones and Batman is much better than Borderlands in my opinion

Tales from Borderlands has no good story, it more of comedy and not serious. I would even say that Guardians of the Galaxy is better than this
May 28, 2018 2:37 AM

Sep 2017
Hmmm, try Firewatch, the talent that once led the development at Tell Tale Games left that studio and formed a new one called Campo Santo.
Aug 8, 2018 3:21 PM

May 2009
Dreamfall Chapters, it comes closest to life is strange. Play it, love it. It's the last installment of the longest journey trilogy, but still worth a play. This is by far the best game where choice does have influence on future events. Not to mention this trilogy has one of the best story lines in video game history. A very overlooked franchise indeed. Somehow it takes place in a cyberpunk universe (Stark) and a fantasy universe (Arcadia) you have "Shifters" people who can leap through these two worlds and you have dreamers, people whom can alter reality by entering Arcadia through dreams.

All this effort to find out this topic is from last fuckin year, amazing.

ShoryuukenAug 8, 2018 3:37 PM
Aug 25, 2018 11:25 PM

Sep 2013
Majority of the TellTales games, gameplay-wise anyways
Aug 27, 2018 3:04 AM
Aug 2018
Yeah, Life is Strange 2. Will be out next month, different characters but it takes place in the same world the first one did.
Aug 27, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
what remains of edith finch

a game with unconventional storytelling filled with bizarre events

since you havd ps I recommend you Journey
Jun 7, 2021 4:41 AM
Jun 2021
Well, if you are looking for games like Life is Strange then
The Walking Dead, Gone Home, and Firewatch
are the best games for you.
Here in details:https://www.techshout.com/alternatives/2020/30/7-games-like-life-is-strange/

More topics from this board

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

566 by AverageRiceFan »»
1 hour ago

» Fate/Extra Record isn't dead XD

AnimePedestrian - Yesterday

3 by AnimePedestrian »»
11 hours ago

» is OG VN Fate and Tsukihime uncensored really bad?

KenaiPhoenix - Jul 23

11 by AnimePedestrian »»
11 hours ago

» What is your favourite GNU/Linux distro?

Zawachi - Mar 27, 2021

12 by deg »»
12 hours ago

» An old game you always wanted to play ,but never got the chance to play it?

Thy-Veseveia - Jun 20

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
Today, 8:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.