Forum Settings
Forums

If a girl/boy is an Otaku, will they be able to get a gf/bf ?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 23, 2017 12:47 AM
Jul 2015
It depends on how you look and how you dress.
Pretty superficial right? But that's the truth. Everyone is willing to ignore a few annoying personality quirks (such a being an otaku) as long as you're good-looking enough.

But if you're referring to the generic image of an otaku - full of pimples, fat, unkempt slimy hair, bad breath and large glasses...then...no. Nobody would look at someone like that especially if they also found out about him masturbating to cartoon girls lol
orarioMay 23, 2017 12:50 AM
May 23, 2017 11:03 AM

May 2015
Ivoria said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I appreciate my brain cells too much to go near Filthy Frank videos.

How do words change, then? Do they just change, or do people decide to use them differently?

I'm not a fan of FilthyFrank, either. I don't think his videos have ever made me do more than snort. I watch them from time to time to fit into the "dank meme" scene, though.

Occasionally, something good comes out of the 'dank meme' scene, but I find it too invested in irony to be actually funny. Sometimes looking at it just feels like a bunch of people trying really hard to look tough.

JustaBrer said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

There is nothing irrational about that. Life is not worth living, in and of itself. Life is not precious. If anything, it's more irrational to live.

You are the most irrational user I've met on these forums.

And? I mean, okay, you said something about me. Now back it up.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 23, 2017 12:06 PM

Aug 2013
@TheBrainintheJar

It's self-evident from the point of view of healthy people. That is all I am able to tell you; that and you should reflect on the points you've made before and the comments people have gave you in return.

Try to form a reasonable conclusion.
May 23, 2017 12:29 PM

Apr 2010
Yes. Hot girls are starting to like anime. They can just get with an Otaku or whatever from the opposite sex.
May 23, 2017 12:30 PM

May 2013
glitch00 said:
Yes. Hot girls are starting to like anime. They can just get with an Otaku or whatever from the opposite sex.

lots of hot girls like anime.

They get snatched up crazy quick tho, they're the kind of girls who probably already have a boyfriend. Either that or don't like to hang out with dudes lol.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 23, 2017 12:43 PM

May 2015
JustaBrer said:
@TheBrainintheJar

It's self-evident from the point of view of healthy people. That is all I am able to tell you; that and you should reflect on the points you've made before and the comments people have gave you in return.

Try to form a reasonable conclusion.

Snuggly and Thrash rely on vitriol for their arguments. They hardly say anything.

You also don't say anything here besides talking about the 'mentally healthy' without even bothering to define it. I don't know. Maybe I spent too much time in philosophy classes (But it's only one semester!) but I could never get away with such statements with zero explanation.
May 23, 2017 11:11 PM

Feb 2017
TheBrainintheJar said:
Ivoria said:

I'm not a fan of FilthyFrank, either. I don't think his videos have ever made me do more than snort. I watch them from time to time to fit into the "dank meme" scene, though.

Occasionally, something good comes out of the 'dank meme' scene, but I find it too invested in irony to be actually funny. Sometimes looking at it just feels like a bunch of people trying really hard to look tough.

JustaBrer said:

You are the most irrational user I've met on these forums.

Very true. It can be too Edgy™ a lot of the time. I like the jokes and memes that don't try too hard.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

May 24, 2017 10:44 AM

May 2015
Ivoria said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Very true. It can be too Edgy™ a lot of the time. I like the jokes and memes that don't try too hard.

It's not the trying that matters. If a joke has disputable content, then it needs to be a lot better to compensate for that. Antisemetism and rape aren't funny. If you're unable to make something out of them, all you're left with is minimizing an important topic.
May 25, 2017 2:25 AM

Feb 2017
TheBrainintheJar said:
Ivoria said:

It's not the trying that matters. If a joke has disputable content, then it needs to be a lot better to compensate for that. Antisemetism and rape aren't funny. If you're unable to make something out of them, all you're left with is minimizing an important topic.

Ahh, that's true. I don't laugh at those types of jokes, but it's hard to describe the ones I do laugh at... Joking about such topics can be in pretty poor taste, I agree.

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

37 by Voila_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 9 hours ago

26 by aikaflip »»
1 hour ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

317 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» (Personality) Try to paste 3 different statements that matter to you

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

15 by IpreferEcchi »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

40 by aikaflip »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.