Forum Settings
Forums

Graphic of Airing Score Evolution for an Anime

New
May 5, 2017 3:50 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
It mostly concerns the anime part of MAL.
On any airing anime, let's say Hand Shakers.
It would be interesting to see in stats an airing score graphic, which would show how each episode the score jumped or fell in score.
Example : Re:Zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu
A certain episode shows an heart moving confession (no spoil just hype), therefore it must have moved as well the scoring.
So wouldn't it be great to see how the score changes at each airing episode?
I know you can do that if you check the score each week but that would be for already aired shows.
As well, I guess the data isn't collected for already aired shows, so perhaps it would be limited to recent animation?

What do you think of it? Seems doable or not? (though if something like this wasn't doable I would not see the purpose of suggestions)

May 5, 2017 3:55 AM

Sep 2014
You could definitely implement some code that would take a reading of the score every week or so and put that in a graph. I like the idea but it's pretty pointless tbh, I don't really see how this would add any value to the site. I feel like it would end up being one of those parts of the site that people rarely use or look at.
when ur about to have a refreshing sip of earl grey tea and someone says "traps are gay"
May 5, 2017 4:12 AM

Nov 2008
You mean something like this?
May 5, 2017 4:14 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Ah it already exists somewhere.

May 5, 2017 6:00 AM

Jan 2017
This club manually track airing score progression MAL Score Progression

Also on AniList:
May 7, 2017 2:27 AM

Dec 2015
Definitely a better suggestion than the other one that wants to record/save the highest score an anime ever manged to reach. (Problems of this are explained in that other thread.)

The linked websites/clubs are not a bad idea. I don't really need it but I also would not be against it ... if this was implemented directly into MAL. (Like automatically checking every few hours or once a day ... I don't know if this would put too much load on the server/database ... and then recording it in a list/table and generating a graph from it.)
May 18, 2017 10:30 AM

Jan 2017
i want that it would be great i always wanted how an anime score change with each ep approve

More topics from this board

» An "Anime Franchise" page

_cjessop19_ - Yesterday

2 by _cjessop19_ »»
2 hours ago

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

4 by traed »»
Yesterday, 9:50 AM

» Add the option to change profile favorites pictures

k1rb - Oct 21, 2022

20 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» Combining every season of an Anime?

Dennisss - Apr 1, 2021

17 by _cjessop19_ »»
Yesterday, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.