Forum Settings
Forums
The Garden of Words
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2017 3:39 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The chapter title, “Sun Shower,” gives off a much brighter tone. There’s hope now, as our protagonists share their lunches with smiles. :) It’s as if both of them are discovering new things and moving forward together.

Awe, we received a flashback of Takao’s past! When his parents were still together, his mom was really happy to receive shoes as her birthday present, which her family chose for her. After Takao’s parents’ divorce, it seems his mother was gloomy and became a drinker to wash away her sorrows… Perhaps one reason why Takao loves to create shoes so much is because they’re associated with his happy, childhood days. Perhaps, Takao is “no fun to hang out with” because “all he does is draw shoes,” so he has no close friends he can connect with…

LOL!! I smiled when I saw Takao’s childish side surface, as he said he got tired and fell asleep after eating Yukino’s tasty meal; “eggs with bits of shell cooked in.” LOL, poor Yukino was flustered as she responded, “Hey! You’re making fun of me! Off to school with you!” It was cute when Takao obeyed, “Yes, ma’am.” Yet, he didn’t forget to give her attention and care, as he said, “And you should go back to work.” :) I appreciate that Takao is offering Yukino support, as he admitted, “I’m happy that you listened to me the other day. I’m sure I seem like a flake, but if there’s something troubling you, I’ll lend an ear...” I think if Yukino chooses to talk with Takao, it would ease the loneliness she feels.
I like that there is some flavour added to Yukino’s life, through Takao’s bento lunch. Figuratively, Yukino’s life lacks colour as it’s empty and messy. The only flavours she was able to taste were chocolate and beer, which are both unhealthy. So, I like that Takao’s bento lunch and his willingness to listen and chat with Yukino, gradually brings colour and structure back to her life. :) I think it’s amazing that she’s beginning to cook again and was able to taste Takao’s lunches.

It’s sad to see Yukino isolated from her co-workers, and that no one was there for her… :( “Before…when I hit rock-bottom…if there was someone who could have listened to me then…” <-- maybe Yukino wouldn’t be in the state she’s in now, if someone was there… But at least she has Takao now. :)

LOL, whoever Yukino talked on the phone with, thought Takao was an old lady! XD I guess, he would sound like a typical old lady; one who shares his lunch in a park. :P

AWE! Takao was so happy to receive Yukino’s expensive book about handmade shoes! :D This could be seen as Yukino’s gift, in return for Takao’s lunches, but I think she’s just really kind. :) Honestly, I melted when Takao said, “Uhm. I am…making a pair of shoes” and “I…haven’t decided on who they’re for. They’re…women’s shoes. But it’s not going very well. So…” He just didn’t know how to ask her, “Can I measure your feet?” :P It makes sense why Takao didn’t have a woman’s feet to measure, since his mom doesn’t come home and he’s not close with any females at school. So I like that Yukino boldly took off her shoes, and allowed him to measure her feet. This is her way of showing support to him.

I like how professional Takao was when he measured Yukino’s feet. I can definitely visualize him as a successful shoe-maker someday. Despite how sad Yukino is, she still expressed her love for literature, when she revealed “A sun shower … It’s also called ‘sunny rain,’ ‘personal rain,’ or ‘heaven’s tears’ as rain without clouds looks like tears.” I like that Takao didn’t hesitate to say, “You’re well-informed. Is that also just a hobby?” Her passion for literature can’t be just a hobby – it didn’t seem that way at all. So Takao’s response really reinforced that.

Takao proves to be a patient listener. When Yukino said, “I lost the ability to work properly. Before I even realized…” Instead of making assumptions or criticizing her, I like that he asked, “Is that…about your work?” in hopes that he’d learn more about her, and support her. But she chose to keep it short and simple, as she said, “Many things, really.” All he could say was “I see…” It was her choice as to how elaborate she wanted to be, which showed she wasn’t ready to open up completely. I like that Takao is always listening, as it was revealed he knew she was struggling, when she talked to him when he was asleep.

When Yukino stood on the benches, as her feet was being measured on Takao’s notebook and there was suddenly drips of water… I thought she was crying too. Yukino said, “The rain blew in.” I’m not surprised Takao said, “…I thought you were crying,” since he thinks, “Her smile always makes her look like she might burst into tears any second.” This is definitely how I see Yukino too.

When Yukino said, “What are you saying… I don’t cry in front of people…”, that probably explains why she’s so sad. She doesn’t seem to let out her emotions completely.
I’m touched by Takao’s loving heart, as he acknowledged, “And I still don’t know the first thing about her. Not her job, her age or her worries. Not even her name. Yet still… I can’t help but be drawn to her…” Through their moments together, it’s natural for Takao to develop feelings and care for Yukino. :)

10/10
Cloe900311May 1, 2017 5:28 PM
Sep 25, 2022 8:42 AM
Feb 2022
Me gusta. Es una historia relajante para ver y leer.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 2 Discussion

Cloe900311 - May 1, 2017

2 by oiudaniel »»
Feb 20, 2022 11:16 AM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 1 Discussion

Cloe900311 - May 1, 2017

1 by oiudaniel »»
Feb 20, 2022 10:48 AM

» The hotel wedding

izumi-kun98 - Mar 19, 2018

3 by D_2301 »»
Oct 4, 2020 1:24 PM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 7 Discussion

Mayuka - May 19, 2015

12 by Cloe900311 »»
Jan 13, 2018 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 6 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Jun 22, 2017

0 by Cloe900311 »»
Jun 22, 2017 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.