Forum Settings
Forums
The Garden of Words
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2017 1:28 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This chapter is titled, "When the evistal rains fall." Does anyone know what "evistal" means? ._____. When I searched it up, the results indicate that it simply means 'heavy rain' or 'cloudy rain'... I hope that's correct then.

Honestly, the role reversal is so apparent. It seems Takao woke up much earlier than Shouta, since he was ready to leave the house and already made breakfast, while Shouta just woke up with sleepy eyes. Takao is amazing; according to Shouta, he even stayed up the night before working. Takao's commitment and passion for shoe-making is truly admirable.

Hehe, Yukino and Takao are on friendlier terms, since she called him a "Delinquent." Being late to class doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't go to your morning class anyway, Takao... :P I like that his actions show he wants to be with Yukino, which is adorable. <3

It was nice of Takao to offer his sandwiches to Yukino, and he even said, "I think it's a bit healthier than just chocolate." He clearly takes care of himself, which is something she should work on... ^^ I like reading Takao's doubt after Yukino accepted his offer, as he wondered, "On second thought, maybe it was irrational to offer home-made food to her when we didn't even know each other's names," and his anticipation for her response was adorable. <3 I like Takao's surprise when Yukino praised him as being a good cook, and her first genuine smile surfaced since the two first encountered each other. It must have been the first time someone has praised Takao's cooking skills, when his brother probably takes it for granted.

It's nice to see someone appreciate and acknowledge Takao, which made him noticeably happy, when he recalled her reaction to eating most of his lunch, and he said, "Still, it made me happy to have someone react like that to something I made."

It's nice to see some development in Yukino's lifestyle as she did not bring beer to the park the following day. It's nice that these two now expect to see each other, since Yukino offered a cup of coffee to Takao as payment for giving her most of his lunch the previous day. :) Takao's gentleness and maturity surfaced when he opened his container of sandwiches (did he bring more? There was six this time, when it seemed he brought four the previous day), and said, "That will suit these better than beer." Without realizing it, Takao is gradually pushing Yukino to live healthier and take better care of herself. :)

It was sad to see how gloomy Yukino became, when Takao asked her if classic Japanese poems are part of her job, which she said, "Now it's just a hobby." :(

When Takao's phone rang and he had to go to school, it seemed he didn't want to leave Yukino. "As I tried to step inside, I felt a gentle resistance." He didn't feel the urge to walk into the train and head to school.
Takao's determination strikes again, as he was reminded of Yukino’s love for literature becoming a hobby, and told himself, "I don't want shoe-making to end up as nothing more than a hobby!" In a sense, Yukino’s situation pushed Takao further to pursue his dream. He truly is a hard-worker; he works part-time as a waiter, makes shoes at night, sees Yukino on rainy mornings and draws shoe designs... It's no surprise all of his commitments make him tired and fall asleep in class.
And ouch! Takao accidentally stabbed himself while he made his shoes! >< That looked painful...

*sigh* This is one of the more pressuring parts about school life. Sometimes, teachers really do enforce their views onto students, without understanding or even knowing what the students are actually experiencing... Takao technically is not involved in extra-curricular activities, but that doesn't make him less busy than those who do have club activities or cram school. :/
"Those who can't properly manage studies might fool themselves into thinking they can manage other things." <-- But Takao can manage other things, Mr. Itou! ._____. People don't know how responsible Takao is at home, and his dedication to shoe-making! This orthodox view does not apply to everyone.

I like that Takao sees Yukino as his confidante, when he wondered "what she'd say at a time like this." It's great that Yukino chose not to laugh at Takao's resolve to become a shoe-maker. Although it's true that the tuition, materials, and tools to make shoes are very expensive, and there are no guarantees of a steady income or success, it doesn't stop Takao from pursuing his dream. I find this very admirable about him. :) I like that when Yukino asked, "Or maybe...you're not resolved at all, and actually want to give up?” he confidently replied with a single "No."

LOL at how embarrassed Takao was when Yukino said she was a little worried, since he always stared at her feet! XD But overall, I'm happy Takao is glad he told someone about his shoe-making pursuit. It's good to know that Takao isn't alone, and has someone else's understanding. :) Again, I like that the atmosphere isn't too tense either; even though Yukino told Takao not to take her words too seriously, he joked, "Oh, I know. They're from someone who plays hookey and drinks beer for breakfast." :P Yet, despite knowing Yukino's habit of skipping work and having an unhealthy breakfast, he still chose to confide in her. :) Yukino has become someone Takao can trust.

"No. Don't take it seriously. It's the duty of adults to laugh and make you give up such things." <-- But this was what Yukino didn't do. If everyone discouraged people who aspired to be shoe-makers, for example, then who would really make creative shoe designs and produce amazing shoes?

"Your kindness...is misguided, though." <-- :( So does not following the conservative approach really make your kindness your fault? Although you are responsible for your own actions and words, it's the other person's responsibility as well, in regards to how they treat you...

This is the first time in the manga we get Yukino's monologue, as she said, "Because I haven't moved forward one bit." We can see that her life is currently ‘frozen,’ through her messy apartment with only beer and clothing lying around. She fails to take care of herself and go to work with confidence, and resolve whatever problems she has. Perhaps, it's considered "not moving forward" when she was kind to Takao and did not discourage him from pursuing shoe-making. Was her kindness to Takao misguided, as well?

10/10
Cloe900311May 10, 2017 7:53 PM
Feb 20, 2022 11:16 AM
Aug 2021
I'm really enjoying this manga I wonder if they're going to stay together, if takoa is going to drop out of school and follow his dream or if he's just going to drop his dream and get a normal job
Feb 20, 2022 11:16 AM
Aug 2021
I'm really enjoying this manga I wonder if they're going to stay together, if takoa is going to drop out of school and follow his dream or if he's just going to drop his dream and get a normal job

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 3 Discussion

Cloe900311 - May 1, 2017

1 by FedeMetal »»
Sep 25, 2022 8:42 AM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 1 Discussion

Cloe900311 - May 1, 2017

1 by oiudaniel »»
Feb 20, 2022 10:48 AM

» The hotel wedding

izumi-kun98 - Mar 19, 2018

3 by D_2301 »»
Oct 4, 2020 1:24 PM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 7 Discussion

Mayuka - May 19, 2015

12 by Cloe900311 »»
Jan 13, 2018 11:30 PM

Poll: » Kotonoha no Niwa Chapter 6 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Jun 22, 2017

0 by Cloe900311 »»
Jun 22, 2017 7:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.