Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Apr 19, 2017 5:04 PM

Basically, i was recently wondering if 2014 version is worth watching? Also what are the general changes to it, and is there anything new that wasn't mentioned or done in the original series?

Apr 19, 2017 5:07 PM

Yes... But watch Fate Zero first...

Apr 19, 2017 5:13 PM

Yes, first Fate Zero (it is the best anyway IMO).

Apr 19, 2017 5:13 PM

I've seen the first season of UBW. I wasn't too terribly impressed, but the animation is impressive. Archer and Saber are cool, but Rin ans Shirou are kind of annoying. Fate/Zero is a lot better.

I'm not a huge fan of the Fate series, my knowledge is a bit lacking. I'm certain other people will be able to answer your questions regarding any changes made to the original storyline.

Apr 19, 2017 5:14 PM

but before fate zero you should watch fate kaleid prisma ilya

Apr 19, 2017 5:15 PM

Nope. Not worth your time.

This salad is salty favored

Apr 19, 2017 5:18 PM

Didn't read the second part of your comment. The general difference is it's the Rin Tosaka route, overall better produced than Fate/stay night.

Fate Zero and UBW are done by Ufotable which has some of the best production value so watch in 1080p. Most people prefer Zero but I like UBW better personally. Regardless Fate Zero comes before Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works], so watch that first.

Apr 19, 2017 5:20 PM

no it's all dogshit, just watch fate zero and ur fine
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Apr 19, 2017 5:21 PM

Don't listen to the haters. It is 100% worth watching.

Apr 19, 2017 5:22 PM

I'd say it's worth watching if you like Deen version. Fate/SN UBW animation is much better than Deen's. I certainly enjoyed the action scenes presented in UBW compared to Deen's SN version. There are different results in the fights as it's an alternative version, so yes you'll see something new at least. The soundtrack is at least solid.

The second season though dipped for me compared to the first season

And to echo, Fate/Zero is the best version of Fate and you should watch before UBW
Modified by MechKingKillbot, Apr 19, 2017 5:25 PM

Apr 19, 2017 5:26 PM

Fate is always worth it. How can you resist Rin?

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!

Apr 19, 2017 5:48 PM

The 2014 anime is better than the 2010 film is better than the wing of the visual novel both are based on. It's a pretty good show. However, as I'm sure has been made clear, you'll want to read the visual novel and/or watch Fate/Zero first. The latter, just do anyway.

This glorious signature made by @Mayumi leads to my
superior reviews! Most Recent: Mirai of the Future!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Having exquisite animation does not a good anime make.
There is nothing wrong with liking slice-of-life/iyashikei.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There is always top-shelf anime.
You should be watching both blue jacket Lupin III series."

Apr 19, 2017 7:05 PM

Thread moved from anime discussion board.

OT: I found the anime to be amazing! I didn't play the VN, or watch the movie so I can't answer those questions. Really solid anime, and looks absolutely stunning.

Apr 21, 2017 4:50 AM

Not worth it. FSN is absolutely impossible to be experienced by just watching anime.
THe 2006 adaptation is a mess that tired to fuse all three routes in anime original storyline.
2014 adaptation is supposed to be an adaptation of the second route, UBW, but it is incomprehensible trainwreck that is just barely understandable IF you already have read the visual novel.

Fate Zero is the only good fate adaptation.
Also watching Fate Zero first is the worst possible advice considering Fate Zero spoils 99% of FSN.

Its one of those situations where you either read the source material or not bother at all.

Apr 21, 2017 5:09 AM

Or you can just go and watch it...

do kpop artists get recycled when they died?

May 30, 2017 11:01 AM

Nop... Watch the original and then Zero! This is just a comic version of Fate/Stay Night...

Jun 14, 2017 4:33 AM
Nope. It's nothing more than a disgrace to fate zero. Sad characters and really a pain to deal watching them. Pretty shit story as well. Only watched it for Kotomine Kirei and Gilgamesh both of who sadly received very less screen time.

Jun 14, 2017 4:56 AM

ssHids said:
Nope. It's nothing more than a disgrace to fate zero. Sad characters and really a pain to deal watching them. Pretty shit story as well. Only watched it for Kotomine Kirei and Gilgamesh both of who sadly received very less screen time.

Then go and read fucking VN and dont say its just "disgrace to fate zero" you causal ...

Jun 14, 2017 5:12 AM

ssHids said:

Wow, the butchered anime of the original VN is a disgrace to a prequel that came out few years after? Awesome.

Jun 16, 2017 1:30 AM
Swagernator said:
ssHids said:

Then go and read fucking VN and dont say its just "disgrace to fate zero" you causal ...

Why would I read the vn of lame anime?

Jun 16, 2017 1:31 AM

ssHids said:
Swagernator said:

Just stay to live in delusion that zero is superior to the stay night...

Jun 16, 2017 1:36 AM
Swagernator said:
ssHids said:

Might I ask? Have you actually watched fate zero?

Jun 27, 2017 1:14 AM
Swagernator said:
ssHids said:

lol, looks like all you fan service addicts dont have an answer. cya kids.

Jul 9, 2017 6:07 AM

ssHids said:
Swagernator said:

Might I ask? Have you actually watched fate zero?

Every person in this entire sub-forum has watched Fate/Zero. That's an incredibly dumb question to ask and yes FSN is indeed superior to FZ.

Someone who only watched the anime is preaching his opinion as fact when in fact you know nothing of the entire Fate franchise to begin with since you're just another casual who thinks he has a grasp of what Fate is all about since he watched the gritty, dark and "mature" prequel of the VN.

Jul 9, 2017 6:10 AM
ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀsᴛᴏʀᴍ
Yeah it's worth watching.