Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

According to Reddit Official English Subs Will be Released Monday on Youtube.

New
Apr 9, 2017 9:46 AM

May 2015
I came across some comments on reddit while looking up more info on this Chinese cartoon.

Update #2

Okay, it's out finally! Episode 1 on youtube.
If the video is blocked in your country you can bypass it by changing the 'tube' in 'youtube' to 'pak' in the url. Also, this link from qi_meh's reddit looks like the English webiste for The King's Avatar. I haven't had time to explore it but you can read the web novel there too.

Update #1

So, the reddit user jumped the gun by saying Monday. I'm sorry for posting so early as well! Qidian will be doing official English subs though it looks like they will be delayed to later this week or the next. Anyone with news please share! I'm checking reddit, gravitytales.com and the novel updates forum for any new information. I know that it sucks to wait but keep in mind that they are testing the waters. Viewership count of the official release will factor in to the future of this series as well as adaptations of other manhua and novels/LNs

reddit post #1
"Our official english subbed version will be released on Monday, please support the official release instead of using 3rd party websites :)
In the future, we will be releasing both english and chinese subbed versions at the same time to minimize piracy situations like this one".
-u/qi_meh
reddit post #2
"Our official english subbed version will be released on Monday,
We ask that you please support the official release instead of using 3rd party websites, it costs nothing except a bit of your patience". :)
-u/qi_meh

"From what I understood, qi_meh is connected with people who produce anime in China, that's why it's official?"
-u/Eldoss

"qidian hires translators and posts on an official platform vs a group of random people pirating the video and writing whatever they want on it.
in this specific case i think the translation quality might be abit higher, and we also don't have to look at the chinese character subs above the english ones (which the fan-subbed version couldn't get rid of since they don't have the original video file)"
-u/portmantomato
reddit post #3
"Qidian said they are working on a subtitle on release
Whoops, one more thing, the animation of TKA will be officially released on April 7th, and we are working on the English subtitles right away. Really hope you guys could enjoy the animation; hope we can catch up the Chinese version releasing. (We have cooperation with Tencent Video and the EP1 might need to be delayed to release out of China for 1 or 2 days. Hope you guys could understand it. We will try our best to get it done on time, as fast as we can do)"
-u/Morinu

"We plan on releasing via youtube, and yes for free" :)
-u/qi_meh

"It will be released monday beijing time, I'm not sure which YouTube channel it will be on yet but I will post a link once it comes out" :)
-u/qi_meh

Thanks for reading, if this turns out to be true I'll come back and update with the youtube link.
CtrlZEDApr 20, 2017 12:37 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2016
more studio need to do this like gundam.info
and more people need to share the youtube link when telling the news
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 9, 2017 10:16 AM

May 2015
-Terpsichore- said:
That's pretty cool if true, specially it being released for free on Youtube... Maybe they're trying to build up a fanbase before trying to officially license it for the Western market.

I would certainly wait a little to watch the official release just because of that, anime is becoming far too stagnate creatively so a little competition from other countries may bring some positive changes overall.

I agree, I'll wait too! I just hope it's not a bamboozle, u/qi_meh account is new so that makes me super skeptical.
"Thank you for supporting the official release, if viewership looks good hopefully we will be able to animate more of our favorite Chinese novels in the future".

Looks like they are testing out the waters.

You're right about the competition. It's just sad that the comment section under most Chinese made anime is something along the lines of "hur dur, muh animes da chinks are taking over!". There has been lots of mediocre and shiet anime produced so it's nice to get other perspectives as well. I was very impressed by the first episode, some of the CGI was wonky but not Berserk level bad.
CtrlZEDApr 9, 2017 10:33 AM
Apr 9, 2017 7:27 PM
Apr 2015
thank god. the current fansubs I've seen weren't great. I can imagine people who aren't faster readers had a hard time with them. It's really weird watching an anime where they speak chinese. so many long r's
Apr 9, 2017 9:21 PM
May 2016
Nice. (I'm just replying so that this discussion goes up.)
Apr 9, 2017 9:35 PM

Aug 2008
well i think some we should be grateful actually subbed it, though i have no problem
it work good for me, wasn't that fast lol
The spider is watching
Apr 9, 2017 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
support the official release \(^o^)/
Apr 9, 2017 10:32 PM

Feb 2014
does anyone know when and where its being released?
Apr 9, 2017 11:09 PM

May 2008
Pannucci said:
does anyone know when and where its being released?

They said on youtube, but no channel link as yet.
Apr 9, 2017 11:21 PM

Feb 2014
ok, just checking, I didnt know what channel it would be on or what time to expect it so been forced to google it repeatedly to hope to find it XD
Apr 9, 2017 11:49 PM

Feb 2014
Rather not watch on youtube as not exactly best video quality. Still better than nothing
Apr 10, 2017 12:04 AM

May 2008
Pannucci said:
ok, just checking, I didnt know what channel it would be on or what time to expect it so been forced to google it repeatedly to hope to find it XD

You'll find it when it's up in youtube cause any upload of the episode will get deleted, so the one that's up has to be it XD.
Apr 10, 2017 1:36 AM
Jul 2015
GangsterCat said:
more studio need to do this like gundam.info

Too bad that most of Gundams Youtube stuff is blocked here in germany. Stuff that is not licensed here too.
Apr 10, 2017 7:10 AM
Feb 2014
So.. any more info about this?
Apr 10, 2017 9:44 AM
Jan 2017
is the episode out now?
Apr 10, 2017 10:17 AM

Sep 2016
Still nothing... looks like we got a bamboozle.
Apr 10, 2017 3:22 PM

Mar 2012
that would be unfortunate, I'm all for supporting when possible.
Apr 10, 2017 4:17 PM
Jun 2016
lunainvictus said:
Still nothing... looks like we got a bamboozle.

That's what I thought. They really offered no proof that they were real, so it was kind of silly to believe them.
Apr 11, 2017 2:42 AM

Feb 2014
Thats disappointing, I really would perfer to wait for an official sub than watch fan subs. Hopefully they are just delayed and its still happening but looking increasingly unlikely
Apr 11, 2017 4:36 AM
Jul 2012
I don't know anything about where/when it will be released, but I do know that the guys from Qidian were working on subbing it. I'll post here again if the link to the episode is posted on the Qidian discord.
Apr 11, 2017 5:13 AM

Feb 2009
Well... I've got some other English hardsub from nyaa (in 720p), but nothing on youtube.
Apr 11, 2017 7:38 AM
Apr 2017
According to the information from weibo,maybe next Monday……
Apr 11, 2017 8:17 AM

Feb 2014
wait so are we going to be behind an episode or something then? Or are they going to multi release
Apr 11, 2017 10:40 AM

Sep 2016
Wow, so they want us to wait and support the "official" subs, while running more than one week behind the broadcast? Sure.....
Apr 11, 2017 11:13 AM

Feb 2014
I mean I will wait just because of the fact I want the anime to be big and its just re watching. Plus I didnt like the fan subs really so I would just prefer to wait.
Apr 11, 2017 5:17 PM

May 2015
kronostheman said:
I don't know anything about where/when it will be released, but I do know that the guys from Qidian were working on subbing it. I'll post here again if the link to the episode is posted on the Qidian discord.
Rosheeta said:
According to the information from weibo,maybe next Monday……

Thank you for sharing and keeping an eye out for new info!
Apr 11, 2017 11:49 PM
Oct 2016
dany_elle1908 said:
well i think some we should be grateful actually subbed it, though i have no problem
it work good for me, wasn't that fast lol

I 100% agree. I know a lot of people get bothered by how fast Chinese subs go, but I think I got used to them after watching Twin Spirit Detectives lol they aren't that bad

Anyways, I can't wait for episode 2 ^_^
Apr 12, 2017 9:26 PM

Jun 2013
Not saying that qi_meh isn't a fake, but why are people acting like episode 2 has already aired?

If mal is right with the date, then this anime started airing on 7th april. Supposedly episode 2 is a leak if we going with 1 episode each week. Knowing china, I wouldn't be surprise at all. After all Kanabari was also "leak" when japan pause for a week(forgot the reason, think it was earthquake)
Apr 12, 2017 9:46 PM

May 2008
Chiyousagi said:
Not saying that qi_meh isn't a fake, but why are people acting like episode 2 has already aired?

If mal is right with the date, then this anime started airing on 7th april. Supposedly episode 2 is a leak if we going with 1 episode each week. Knowing china, I wouldn't be surprise at all. After all Kanabari was also "leak" when japan pause for a week(forgot the reason, think it was earthquake)

Episode 2 was suppose to be for VIP only.
Apr 12, 2017 9:56 PM

Sep 2016
Nothing really new here, but this post came up on tumblr:
https://kingsavatar-fan.tumblr.com/post/159495155969/%E5%85%A8%E8%81%8C%E9%AB%98%E6%89%8Bquan-zhi-gao-shouthe-kings-avatar-official

"We made the English subs ages ago. We’re preparing to release it." (posted 4/10)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 12, 2017 9:56 PM

Jun 2013
echiomega said:

Episode 2 was suppose to be for VIP only.

Ah I see. Well but that basically still mean ep2 supposedly is being broadcast tml on the 14th for the wider audience. So really no surprise that sub for it isn't release officially(or even the raw)

PS: I know the raw exist and I watched it already. What I am saying is ep2 just isn't officially out yet for those that are complaining about being behind schedule like lunainvictus.
Apr 12, 2017 10:04 PM

Sep 2016
Chiyousagi said:
PS: I know the raw exist and I watched it already. What I am saying is ep2 just isn't officially out yet for those that are complaining about being behind schedule like lunainvictus.

They are behind schedule. Ep 1 aired almost a week ago now. If they don't provide subs for it until next week, and then release later episodes with the same kind of delay, it's a little annoying. This is the year 2017, after all, and I've grown accustomed to simulcasts (or fansubs picking up the slack when simulcasts aren't available).

Also, it's not that uncommon for a series to debut with two episodes in its first week; this season of Berserk had two to begin with. So if I see raws for two episodes go up, I'm just going to assume that's what happened, because it's not that far-fetched. I didn't realize ep 2 of TKA wasn't part of the regular broadcast, but now I know.
Apr 12, 2017 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
lunainvictus said:

They are behind schedule. Ep 1 aired almost a week ago now.

Which is why I mention that qi_meh could still be a bogus even tho there is a legit reason why ep2 is 'rare", be it sub or raw. No behind schedule if qi_meh is a bogus troll.

Anyway ep1 fan sub is out. I understand both chinese and english so I can say the fansub is quite accurate. That said I didn't verify the whole episode for error so I could be wrong.
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 PM

May 2008
Chiyousagi said:
lunainvictus said:

They are behind schedule. Ep 1 aired almost a week ago now.

Which is why I mention that qi_meh could still be a bogus even tho there is a legit reason why ep2 is 'rare", be it sub or raw. No behind schedule if qi_meh is a bogus troll.

Anyway ep1 fan sub is out. I understand both chinese and english so I can say the fansub is quite accurate. That said I didn't verify the whole episode for error so I could be wrong.

Yea qi_meh could be fake but the episode also had copyright issues, so that could be another reason why they had to make changes before uploading it.
Apr 13, 2017 6:41 AM
May 2015
Quan Zhi Gao Shou Episode 2 has been translated into both Spanish and Portuguese. On 09/04/2017, Spanish on the site mundodonghua.weebly.com and in Portuguese on the blogger hu3animesfansub.blogspot.com.br, it has not been translated into English for Bayi Sub's as far as I know it is posting In Nyaa.se, the Spanish sub, in openload and the sub Brazilian in Vimeo.

None of them are making modifications to post to YouTube.
Apr 13, 2017 2:31 PM

Sep 2016
YanzeYakisuki said:
Quan Zhi Gao Shou Episode 2 has been translated into both Spanish and Portuguese. On 09/04/2017, Spanish on the site mundodonghua.weebly.com and in Portuguese on the blogger hu3animesfansub.blogspot.com.br, it has not been translated into English for Bayi Sub's as far as I know it is posting In Nyaa.se, the Spanish sub, in openload and the sub Brazilian in Vimeo.

FYI I saw a comment on reddit claiming that Bayi said they're dropping the series from here on, because there will be official English subs.
Apr 13, 2017 5:15 PM

Jul 2011
lunainvictus said:
YanzeYakisuki said:

FYI I saw a comment on reddit claiming that Bayi said they're dropping the series from here on, because there will be official English subs.

If that is on reddit, it is misinformation and is not true. There are up-to-date announcements on our MAL club page here.

To address the other questions on this thread:

> One episode of TKA is released per week, however there is a VIP service on the site where it is released (for China) where members can watch the episode for the week after. Meaning that episode 2 was not technically released last week, it was leaked (by someone with VIP service). It is likely that this leak will occur for future episodes as well, but Bayi will be subbing the released episode.

> The reddit post regarding the release date for official subs was not true. However, there ARE official subs on the way. That is all that has been confirmed.

> Bayi will release episodes on Fridays (Beijing Time).
MirorinApr 14, 2017 3:00 AM
Apr 13, 2017 5:50 PM

Sep 2016
Mirorin said:

If that is on reddit, it is misinformation and is not true. There are up-to-date announcements on our MAL club page here.

Cool, thanks for the clarification. Last time I had looked at the Bayi club page, that announcement about the TKA subs wasn't up yet, so my bad.
Apr 19, 2017 8:00 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Did they release this yet? Anybody got a link to their channel?
Apr 19, 2017 8:21 PM
Jul 2012
it's finally out.... questionable decision to wait until this late but whatever
https://acts.webnovel.com/2017/5840187/index.html
Apr 19, 2017 8:49 PM
Apr 2017
I haven't really watch the official sub yet, from what I see, they are trying to max on deliver the original Chinese meaning (the origin of MC's character name etc)and somewhat sacrifice the “easy and entertaining” element compare to Bayi's sub?

But since I am capable in both language so i can spot the difference, not sure other English speakers will care about this.
Apr 20, 2017 1:26 AM
Apr 2017
Justaway230 said:
Do not scroll down on the link in the comment above as it contains major spoilers lol

YOUTUBE LINK - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSjaP1eV5eQ
(I think it is official?)
p.s lmao some of the bgm changed

what a terrible SUB .......

It cannt be official -.-

32% .......

the wrong translation of poem etc

-.-
Apr 20, 2017 7:21 AM
Apr 2017
ycchen226 said:
Justaway230 said:
Do not scroll down on the link in the comment above as it contains major spoilers lol

what a terrible SUB .......

It cannt be official -.-

32% .......

the wrong translation of poem etc

-.-

It is official and they should fire that translation guy cuz the quality is pure terrible(facepalm

WELP, if they didn't improve their sub in following episodes i'm just gonna stick with Bayi's subtitle. One thing about the official Youtube upload is the resolution seem higher than their Bilibili upload?
louissnapeApr 20, 2017 7:25 AM
Apr 20, 2017 9:28 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah, Bayi's subs are much better, they don't make me cringe, I hope they don't drop the project because of that so called official version.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Apr 20, 2017 12:36 PM

May 2015
kronostheman said:
it's finally out.... questionable decision to wait until this late but whatever
https://acts.webnovel.com/2017/5840187/index.html

Yea, I read on reddit that it was delayed because of Tencent.

Justaway230 said:

I was hoping that they would get rid of the Chinese subs but oh well!

Anyways, thanks for posting links guys!
Apr 20, 2017 12:45 PM
Jan 2017
Apr 20, 2017 7:13 PM

Jul 2011
Updates from Bayi Subs on the TKA fansub are available here:
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=70149

Episode 3 will be released regardless, but the fansub of future episodes is currently under discussion.
Apr 20, 2017 9:18 PM
Apr 2017
Mirorin said:
Updates from Bayi Subs on the TKA fansub are available here:
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=70149

Episode 3 will be released regardless, but the fansub of future episodes is currently under discussion.

Want to join their discussion and tell them fans of TKA need them(-_\).
Apr 20, 2017 10:20 PM

Jul 2011

They're conducting a poll here:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1608846

I encourage everyone to give some feedback on the fansub and official sub. :)
Apr 21, 2017 11:32 AM

Sep 2010
Damn.. i dunno if it's just me but i really can't watch it when it's not Japanese.

Sounds way to weird for me somehow ^^
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

225 by Rineczka »»
Jan 11, 12:47 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjohn »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bubbletea - Apr 28, 2017

82 by AshleyHawk1 »»
Dec 18, 2022 6:08 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

163 by Nat_V »»
Oct 13, 2022 11:53 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - Jun 15, 2017

148 by HagePotPotato »»
Sep 18, 2022 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.