Forum Settings
Forums

Has there ever been an anime that some of your freinds hates that you actually like

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2017 8:43 AM

Jul 2014
flannan said:
> Has there ever been an anime that some of your freinds hates that you actually like

Yes, anybody who has some experience with the medium and people to discuss it with will encounter a situation like that.

Also, SAO is pretty good, it's the newbies that hate it.

le_halfhand_easy said:
At this point SAO is simply the placeholder for the community's contentions with the anime industry, from generic characters, self-insert MCs, asspulls, plot-holes, inconsistency, light novel trends etc.

Relatable or recognizable characters; good pacing; does a reasonably good job taking into account differences of the mediums. In short, SAO is well-written and enjoyable.

Aincrad has it's share of errors but Dat Alfheim arc though LOL.
Apr 10, 2017 8:56 AM

Jul 2013
OppaiSugoi said:
flannan said:
> Has there ever been an anime that some of your freinds hates that you actually like

Yes, anybody who has some experience with the medium and people to discuss it with will encounter a situation like that.

Relatable or recognizable characters; good pacing; does a reasonably good job taking into account differences of the mediums. In short, SAO is well-written and enjoyable.

What are you talking about? Alfheim arc gave us Sugou-sama and this:

Just for that it can't be bad.
Apr 10, 2017 11:17 AM

Nov 2009
le_halfhand_easy said:
flannan said:

Please be troll. SAO's been done to death already and I don't want to be that asshat who regurgitates the old arguments.

Mediocre =/= good. The only good arc, Mother's Rosario, is not enough to save SAO.

It's not the newbies that vocally hate SAO. Or at least not more than veterans who were let down by the disappointing mess it became.

SAO can be enjoyable. I don't have a problem with that statement and I'll assume it's sans the ALO arc because I'll go ballistic.

I am serious. I've been a long-time anime fan already when I watched SAO, and I liked it. It is one of the few true sci-fi anime, using future and technology as something more than an excuse for people to shoot each other with colorful beams.
Mediocre? SAO obviously stood out above the competition.
Disappointing? You mean the part where it did not become another stupid death game in the style of Mirai Nikki? I totally liked it.

OppaiSugoi said:

Alfheim arc might have been well-executed, but its very conception was a bad idea. It's like everything that is bad about making a sequel to a story that was good enough as it was.
Later arcs were better in this regard.
Also, I dislike NTR.
Apr 10, 2017 3:10 PM

Apr 2016
One of my IRL friends hates Madoka Magica. Can't relate his hate, but to each his own.
Apr 10, 2017 3:12 PM

Apr 2014
No one around me wants to watch GTO, which is fucking annoying.
Apr 11, 2017 8:22 AM

Sep 2012
One Piece. Mostly because the episode number is far too long to catch up to.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What makes Anime different from Cartoons ?

tchitchouan - 11 hours ago

41 by Angel_crush1 »»
2 minutes ago

» Check-in for the Spring 2024 season (for those watching a bunch of seasonals)

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

32 by Jackson1333 »»
6 minutes ago

» How much time do you spend discussing anime?

RobertBobert - May 6

20 by perseii »»
11 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

138 by FFandMMfan »»
12 minutes ago

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

68 by iwubanime »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.